Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

Bible Study Trinity Evidence All False

Squeakybro. You have my head spinning.

I will pray that you find a different (less abrasive) way of communicating.

Your attitude turns people off from your message.

Please think about that.

DIME Ministries said:

The message is false to begin with, so perhaps this is for the best.

There is no point in arguing with someone about the true identity of Jesus when the person:

1) denies that Jesus is God, especially in light of the Greek texts
2) considers only one particular ENGLISH translation to be divinely inspired, but can produce no arguments concerning how it is divinely inspired
3) continues to insist that his revelation, given to him directly by the Holy Spirit, is correct while all others hitherto presented on this board are incorrect.

We can only pray for such people, and leave them in God's hands to deal with.

All the verses Squeaky posted call Jesus 'Our great God and savior"

...what do you suppose makes Squeaky try to pervert these verses?

Dime you said

I will pray that you find a different (less abrasive) way of communicating.

I said
I have heard that before. And your right. It is because I only deal with the facts. The point is I dont have any emotions over the truth, to me the truth is the truth. I dont have any feelings what so ever over it so I dont consider other peoples feelings. I can deal with point blank, I cant deal with wishy-washy statements. I believe that is why I dont interpret scripture but accept it. And I dont know how to apologize for other people that have to deal with their emotions when they make a decision.
I take what Jesus said right here and accept it. Jesus prayed to the Father and told Him He was the only true God. To be Christ like would have to be agree with Him. I do. The Father is the only true God

John 17:1-3
1 Jesus spoke these words, lifted up His eyes to heaven, and said: "Father, the hour has come. Glorify Your Son, that Your Son also may glorify You,
2 "as You have given Him authority over all flesh, that He should give eternal life to as many as You have given Him.
3 "And this is eternal life, that they may know You, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom You have sent.
(NKJ)

All the verses Squeaky posted call Jesus 'Our great God and savior"

...what do you suppose makes Squeaky try to pervert these verses?

Squeakybro,

If you don't mind, tell me what kind of church you attend or what religious background/upbringing you have.

I rarely attended church growing up, but when I did it was Baptist.

Now I am a Christian.

Dime,

Squeaky doesn't attend a church. Squeaky is his own church, and his own god.

Dime I have attented all of them. And when I start quoting verses the preachers cant handle it. But that is because they are in the milk.

awisherofgrace what is your problem? Are you upset because I keep proving you wrong. Or because I show you the Word disagrees with you?

Squeaky,

As soon as you actually do one of the two I will leave you alone. But I'm not worried about that, all the scripture you post supports Jesus is God.

Now get real If any of the scripture I post supported Jesus being God you wouldnt be heckling me. Now I know these will upset you.

John 20:17
17 Jesus said to her, "Do not cling to Me, for I have not yet ascended to My Father; but go to My brethren and say to them, 'I am ascending to My Father and your Father, and to My God and your God.'"
(NKJ)

John 17:1-3
1 Jesus spoke these words, lifted up His eyes to heaven, and said: "Father, the hour has come. Glorify Your Son, that Your Son also may glorify You,
2 "as You have given Him authority over all flesh, that He should give eternal life to as many as You have given Him.
3 "And this is eternal life, that they may know You, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom You have sent.
(NKJ)

1 Cor 8:6
6 yet for us there is one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we for Him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, through whom are all things, and through whom we live.
(NKJ)

Eph 4:6
6 one God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.
(NKJ)

1 Cor 11:3
3 But I want you to know that the head of every man is Christ, the head of woman is man, and the head of Christ is God.
(NKJ)

Squeakybro said:
awisherofgrace what is your problem? Are you upset because I keep proving you wrong. Or because I show you the Word disagrees with you?

You aren't proving anyone wrong.

Many people have shown you many verses pertaining to Jesus as God, but you simply ignore them or dismiss them, and you quote other verses, many of which are quoted out of context.

In other threads, many people have demonstrated to you using the Greek texts that Jesus is God, but you dismiss it as intellectual idiocy....as if God gave people brains so that they could leave them at home to sit around.

You still need to get past John 1:1 (In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God), John 1:14 (And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us), and John 20:28 (And Thomas answered him "My Lord and my God"). These verses IN THE ENGLISH (let alone the Greek) are enough evidence that Jesus was God. What other Word became flesh and dwelt among us? Why would Thomas blaspheme with an exclamatory remark like "My God" unless he was referring to Jesus as God?

If you believe that the Bible has no contradictions, you wouldn't counter one Bible verse with another Bible verse; you would explain the verses in light of your particular hermeneutic. However, all that you seem to do is answer with another verse that says something different. For every verse someone shows you, you say, "Well look what the Word says here" and then you spew off a number of other verses.

Very bad, bad bible studying and discussion...particularly on a very serious subject. As Jesus said, "If you do not believe that I am the one I claim to be, you will indeed die in your sins." (John 8:24)

Squeaky,

Did you hit your head?

None of the verses you posted support your teaching, in fact several of them are strong evidence that Jesus is God.

If that's all you have I suggest you start worshiping Jesus, our great God and Savior...as scripture says.

Thanks!

Rev 1:8 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.

Is this God speaking? NO it is not....it is Jesus....

Rev 1:1 The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to shew unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass;

The Book of the Revelations of Jesus Christ.....

Rev 1:12 And I turned to see the voice that spake with me.

Rev 1:18 I [am] he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death.

John was talking to Jesus....

Eve777you said
Rev 1:8 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.

Is this God speaking? NO it is not....it is Jesus....

Rev 1:1 The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to shew unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass;

The Book of the Revelations of Jesus Christ.....

Rev 1:12 And I turned to see the voice that spake with me.

Rev 1:18 I [am] he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death.

John was talking to Jesus....

I said
Now eve I see it different. what John saw and what John heard could be different. It says that John was in the Spirit(in his mind) and he heard a voice. Then after the voice he turned around and saw the lampstands.

Rev 1:10-12
10 I was in the Spirit on the Lord's Day, and I heard behind me a loud voice, as of a trumpet,
11 saying, "I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last," and, "What you see, write in a book and send it to the seven churches which are in Asia: to Ephesus, to Smyrna, to Pergamos, to Thyatira, to Sardis, to Philadelphia, and to Laodicea."
12 Then I turned to see the voice that spoke with me. And having turned I saw seven golden lampstands,
(NKJ)

Squeaky,

Did you hit your head?

None of the verses you posted support your teaching, in fact several of them are strong evidence that Jesus is God.

If that's all you have I suggest you start worshiping Jesus, our great God and Savior...as scripture says.

Thanks!

awisherofgrace

I said
You keep proving your blindness.

John 12:40
40 "He has blinded their eyes and hardened their hearts, lest they should see with their eyes, lest they should understand with their hearts and turn, so that I should heal them."
(NKJ)

Squeaky,

The spirit you follow obviously doesn’t know scripture, or wishes to pervert it.
Mathew says that Isaiah chapter 9 is about Jesus:
Isaiah 9:1-2

1 Nevertheless, there will be no more gloom for those who were in distress. In the past he humbled the land of Zebulun and the land of Naphtali, but in the future he will honor Galilee of the Gentiles, by the way of the sea, along the Jordan-
2 The people walking in darkness have seen a great light; on those living in the land of the shadow of death a light has dawned.

Mathew 4:13-17

13Leaving Nazareth, he went and lived in Capernaum, which was by the lake in the area of Zebulun and Naphtali– 14to fulfill what was said through the prophet Isaiah: 15“Land of Zebulun and land of Naphtali, the way to the sea, along the Jordan, Galilee of the Gentiles– 16the people living in darkness have seen a great light; on those living in the land of the shadow of death a light has dawned.â€Â17From that time on Jesus began to preach, “Repent, for the kingdom of heaven is near.â€Â

So, since Mathew says Isaiah chapter 9 is about Christ, and Christ started His post-resurrection ministry preaching from the Old Testament and affirming what Moses and the Prophets said about Him, let's look at what one of the greatest prophets said about Jesus (as mathew and the New Testament affirm)

1. Isaiah 9:6
For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.

If Jesus, and Mathew, and the New Testament affirmed this writing about Jesus, what leads Squeaky and his perverted spirit to deny clear scripture?

Might as well quote a prooftext in line with the season.

Matthew 1:23 - "The virgin will be with child and will give birth to a son, and they will call him Immanuel, which means, GOD WITH US."

Back