Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• Wearing the right shoes, and properly clothed spiritually?

Join Elected By Him for a devotional on Ephesians 6:14-15

https://christianforums.net/threads/devotional-selecting-the-proper-shoes.109094/

Understanding Mary - Ever Virgin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mungo

Understanding Mary - Ever Virgin

Although the Perpetual Virginity of Mary has never been formally proclaimed as a Marian Dogma of the Catholic Church, because of its universal acceptance and continued reference to it in Papal documents throughout the history of the Catholic Church (and at the 5th Ecumenical council), it has come to be accepted as a Marian Dogma. Consequently, it can be said that the perpetual virginity of Mary is a Catholic Dogma by virtue of the ordinary and universal Magisterium.

It was also accepted by the Orthodox and by the early "reformers".

Martin Luther:
"It is an article of faith that Mary is Mother of the Lord and still a virgin....Christ, we believe, came forth from a womb left perfectly intact." (Weimer, The Works of Luther, English Transl. by Pelikan, Concordia, St. Louis, v.11,pp. 319-320; v. 6 p. 510.)

"Christ...was the only Son of Mary, and the Virgin Mary bore no children besides Him..."brothers" really means "cousins" here, for Holy Writ and the Jews always call cousins brothers. (Sermons on John, chapters 1-4, 1537-39.)

"He, Christ, our Savior, was the real and natural fruit of Mary's virginal womb...This was without the cooperation of a man, and she remained a virgin after that." (Ibid.)

John Calvin:
"There have been certain folk who have wished to suggest that from this passage (Matt 1:25) that the Virgin Mary had other children than the Son of God, and that Joseph then dwelt with her later; but what folly this is! For the gospel writer did not wish to record what happened afterwards; he simply wished to make clear Joseph's obedience and to show also that Joseph had been well and truly assured that it was God who had sent His angel to Mary. He had therefore never dwelt with her nor had he shared her company....And besides this Our Lord Jesus Christ is called the first-born. This is not because there was a second or a third, but because the gospel writer is paying regard to the precedence. Scripture speaks thus of naming the first-born whether or not there was any question of the second." (Sermon on Matthew 1:22-25, published 1562.)

Ulrich Zwingli:
"I esteem immensely the Mother of God, the ever chaste, immaculate Virgin Mary....Christ...was born of a most undefiled Virgin." (Stakemeier, E. in De Mariologia et Oecumenismo, Balic, K., ed., Rome, 1962, p. 456.)

"I firmly believe that Mary, according to the words of the gospel as a pure Virgin brought forth for us the Son of God and in childbirth and after childbirth forever remained a pure, intact Virgin." (Zwingli Opera, Corpus Reformatorum, Berlin, 1905, in Evang. Luc., v. 1, p. 424.)

The next post will start the arguments for Mary's perpetual virginity. There are 6 of them.

OK, so it was just your opinion.
Ok Mungo we can do this, hope you have your scuba gear on!

It would be "just my opinion" if I had penned the scriptures or greater yet, gave them by my inspiration to men.
Since that is CLEARLY not the case, it is clear my opinion is simply the shared opinion of God.

What I find fascinating about denominations is, the persons of them have a difficult time thinking outside their little boxes. If they did not coin a term -doctrine in phrase, concerning their respective denomination, they show allegiance to
they can see no truth in the broader sense. It is like tunnel vision. Even if one clearly shows a foundational support for a belief, it is still a no go. This in essence shows that TRUTH is not the sole objective of denominations. Rather it is division. Catholics and Protestants are like the Hatfields and McCoys. Redundant to say the least, considering that God through His scripture can settle the dispute. It is the foundation after all. Like any constitution and laws on the books concerning kingdoms of men, God's BIBLE-His Kingdom's laws and Basic Instruction Before Leaving Earth, lol!, is more than capable of putting to rest all the pretentions of self-grandeur.

Philippians 2:3 Do nothing out of selfish ambition or empty pride, but in humility consider others more important than yourselves.

Of course you don't. That is obvious.

By not accepting sola scriptura, you open yourself up to whatever your priests can invent. That is what has happened! Since you have no "anchor" for the truth, you willingly accept any teaching as truth no matter how far fetched it is. As a result, there is no difference between Biblical truth and heresy.
Not just priest but what any man wants to invent. Matters not what a so-called shepherd of whatever denomination goes by- pastor, priest, rabbi etc.... All denominations have shepherds who make doctrines. You too do not follow Truth for the sake of your denominational shepherds, out of selfish ambition and empty pride too. Point is, there is no truth that man knows that is not first in the foundation. Christ coined truth, no one else. Seems God put you selfish ambitious seekers against one another, by not putting all His eggs in one basket. A test if you will in humility. Which all you indoctrinated denomination thumpers failed miserably. For truth is truth, clearly neither side can see it. Orthodox too are guilty of this, their just a bit lazy to bother fighting about anything.

Not just priest but what any man wants to invent. Matters not what a so-called shepherd of whatever denomination goes by- pastor, priest, rabbi etc.... All denominations have shepherds who make doctrines. You too do not follow Truth for the sake of your denominational shepherds, out of selfish ambition and empty pride too. Point is, there is no truth that man knows that is not first in the foundation. Christ coined truth, no one else. Seems God put you selfish ambitious seekers against one another, by not putting all His eggs in one basket. A test if you will in humility. Which all you indoctrinated denomination thumpers failed miserably. For truth is truth, clearly neither side can see it. Orthodox too are guilty of this, their just a bit lazy to bother fighting about anything.
That is why I share my eggs with all and none of mine are rotten. I go Easter egg hunting in all the denominations. Admittedly I find more eggs in some denominations than others but point is, I never turn down a good Easter egg hunt.

Now I'll sit back and wait for some person with a pretention of grandeur tell me something about the word Easter. Won't turn out the way he thinks, but I'll wait.

Of course you don't. That is obvious.

By not accepting sola scriptura, you open yourself up to whatever your priests can invent. That is what has happened! Since you have no "anchor" for the truth, you willingly accept any teaching as truth no matter how far fetched it is. As a result, there is no difference between Biblical truth and heresy.
Translation: "No I can't demonstrate it from the Bible."

Can you spell "sophistry"?

Perhaps you don't believe in Sola Scriptura. I don't.
But if you do then you can demonstrate it from the Bible, otherwise it's just your opinion.
The funny thing is, you started a thread you stand by that is solely the opinion of your fathers and I proved the whole thing false. Prove that false.
What, do you need someone else to do all the work for you? 😉 Sounds like a great way to write a book , make money and maybe steal some of that Christ glow for yourself. That's fine, it has been happening throughout the ages. God in the end gives the reward to the actual laborers. "Freely I have received so freely I give". As the first, whom I am sister of, I am the same in performance and reward. Clearly, no selfish ambition on my part, no pride, just love. Be sure to keep everything the same as you received, don't want those plagues mentioned in the word of God to come upon you. Don't add or take away. And know, if you seek the glory you too seek the bitter. If you think you can drink of the cup given to me, then get drunk and enjoy! Cin cin!

If Mungo is correct about Mary meaning that she wasn't intending on ever having relations when she asked how she could get pregnant because she didn't know a man, then she must have changed her mind if the brothers mentioned in Matthew were Mary's biological sons.
I agree with you.
When Gabriel spoke to Mary and she replied that she knew not man...she meant at that moment.

It's generally agreed between theologians that Mary was not FULLY aware of who Jesus was - perhaps even until He rose.
(can't remember exactly).

She knew He was special...but did she know He was the savior?
Marriage included consummation...how could she believe otherwise?

There is a problem here, however.
Even Protestant scholars believe that Jesus' brothers MIGHT have been Joseph's.

I still just don't understand why this is so important.
Posted Mungo...hope he replies.

She had her sin removed when the enmity Genesis 3:15 - the Power of the Most High overshadowed her.

I don't know where you learned this.
It's accepted in Catholic theology that Mary was conceived without original sin as part of her being.
This is why she is called the IMMACULATE CONCEPTION.
Original sin was not removed from Mary when the most High overshadowed her.

As with the Ark and tents in the OT , dew was left upon her. She was baptized by the Power of the Most High in preparation for the Holy Spirit Conception of Christ. She was cleansed of all sin-original and otherwise.

Sorry Judge...
You're going to have to post some supporting material.
I've never heard of this. Being baptized by dew...
Where do you learn this stuff?

As is the reason for baptism. For it is clear John the Baptist preached a baptism of repentance, for the remission of sins. Christ was born to take away the sins of the world.
Immaculate Conception and Incarnation are one in time in space not at two separate times. She had HER Immaculate Conception by way of the Imperishable Seed- The word of God. For every birth including the second birth-born again, begins with a conception.

Please post some supporting material.
Either from the bible or the CCC.
Thanks.

1 Peter 1:23
23For you have been born again, not of perishable seed, but of imperishable, through the living and enduring word of God.
She was Immaculately conceived in that seed, for that seed is all men's second birth. It can only happen in believing-receiving the word of God and obeying. She did, she said YES, and abides from that moment on.

From the moment of her yes, she abides and can no longer practice sin, for she is a new creation.
How is she The Immaculate conception for us? All Christianity was born in the birth of Christ. Since she was holy sanctified first for the designated purpose of birthing Christ, she is the beginning of all called Church. She is ( in her holy sanctification) the church's Immaculate Conception. A Conception means the beginning, in her was the beginning of Christianity.

No comment.

So, technically and actually she is the Immaculate Conception
1. Because she is the first to be born of the imperishable seed for us by Christ who is God her Savior.

2. The Church's Immaculate Conception -because all who are to be saved are numbered in Christ. Therefore, She is who conceived and birthed all -a nation in one day . " Under the Apple tree ( covenant of Israel) your mother travailed, it was there she gave birth to you" Song of Songs. For a nation is a kingdom. She being full of grace- God , means from her cup to all.
The convergence of the New Covenant- The Sun and the Old Covenant- The Moon, which she stood upon at the Annunciation, came together in her. This happened at her yes . She is first of the Jews to have this happen -FIRST. Not even Elizabeth was first to be born of the imperishable seed nor John the Baptist. It wasn't until Elizabeth's 6th month of pregnancy that she and John would receive the Holy Spirit and that was at Mary's arrival as Ark of the New Covenant . The New Covenant sheds light on the Old Covenant prophecies and teachings. The moon (old covenant) cannot be understood without that light of the sun . So, she was exalted by God from upon the moon - OC when clothed in the Sun (Overshadowed) by the Most High to receive God the Son- Sun (New Covenant) in her womb. She is blessed for hearing the Word of God and obeying.
No people, no nation or Church of God can be without this First seed- Her Immaculate Conception is in receiving the imperishable seed- Christ. Period!
No comment.

Translation: "No I can't demonstrate it from the Bible."

Can you spell "sophistry"?
S-O-P-H-I-S-T-R-Y, Sophistry! I can give the meaning too-the use of fallacious arguments, especially with the intention of deceiving:
2 Timothy3:16-17
16All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for instruction, for conviction, for correction, and for training in righteousness, 17so that the man of God may be complete, fully equipped for every good work.…
What does God-breathed mean?
John 20:21-22
Jesus Appears to the Disciples
…21Again Jesus said to them, “Peace be with you. As the Father has sent Me, so also I am sending you.” 22When He had said this, He breathed on them and said, “Receive the Holy Spirit.

BINGO! So, all scripture is given by the Holy Spirit. Since He is the author He too is the interpreter.
Psalm119:33-35 9 Wherewithal shall a young man cleanse his way? by taking heed thereto according to thy word. 10 With my whole heart have I sought thee: O let me not wander from thy commandments.

“He opened their minds to understand the Scriptures” (Lk 24:45). This was one of the final acts of the risen Lord before his Ascension. Jesus appeared to the assembled disciples, broke bread with them and opened their minds to the understanding of the sacred Scriptures.

For in them is Life!
Correct meaning of Scripture Alone is- Scripture alone guided by the Holy Spirit

Let's be fair Mungo. If you are going to discredit something, give the real premise from which it is believed.

Luther believed that scripture is united with the power of the Holy Spirit and with it, not only demands but also creates the acceptance of its teaching. This teaching produces faith and obedience. Scripture is not a dead letter, but rather, the power of the Holy Spirit is inherent in it. Scripture does not compel a mere intellectual assent to its doctrine, resting on logical argumentation, but rather it creates the living agreement of faith.

Unfortunately, Luther forgot about that as the reform went on. He became filled too with selfish ambition and pride, even to the point of wanting the Jews subjugated, their property confiscated and freedoms curtailed. He called them beast and dogs because they laughed at him and threw him out! So, unfortunately that good thought has become maligned .

Moving forward, when you prove a Catholic doctrine or even give a correct meaning of a Dogma concerning the truth of a title given to Mary, they reject scripture alone. You all deserve one another because this is not complicated. If a doctrine you did not adhere to is found to be Truth, then you can no longer reject it because the foundation upholds it. Sola Scripture Guided by the Holy Spirit then becomes a weapon against the Protestants as well, as one used in hypocrisy blasting. They are hypocrites!

It's generally agreed between theologians that Mary was not FULLY aware of who Jesus was - perhaps even until He rose.
She was aware, she was told out of the gate.
Luke 1:
Gabriel Foretells Jesus’ Birth

26In the sixth month, God sent the angel Gabriel to a town in Galilee called Nazareth, 27to a virgin pledged in marriage to a man named Joseph, who was of the house of David. And the virgin’s name was Mary. 28The angel appeared to her and said, “Greetings, you who are highly favored! The Lord is with you.”

29Mary was greatly troubled at his words and wondered what kind of greeting this might be. 30So the angel told her, “Do not be afraid, Mary, for you have found favor with God. 31Behold, you will conceive and give birth to a son, and you are to give Him the name Jesus. 32He will be great and will be called the Son of the Most High. The Lord God will give Him the throne of His father David, 33and He will reign over the house of Jacob forever. His kingdom will never end!”

34“How can this be,” Mary asked the angel, “since I am a virgin?” (Some bibles say " How can this be , I have not known a man " or " No man has known me".)

35The angel replied, “The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Most High will overshadow you. So the Holy One to be born will be called the Son of God. 36Look, even Elizabeth your relative has conceived a son in her old age, and she who was called barren is in her sixth month. 37For no word from God will ever fail.”

38“I am the Lord’s servant,” Mary answered. “May it happen to me according to your word.” Then the angel left her.

Mary Visits Elizabeth

39In those days Mary got ready and hurried to a town in the hill country of Judah, 40where she entered the home of Zechariah and greeted Elizabeth.

41When Elizabeth heard Mary’s greeting, the baby leaped in her womb, and Elizabeth was filled with the Holy Spirit. 42In a loud voice she exclaimed, “Blessed are you among women, and blessed is the fruit of your womb! 43And why am I so honored, that the mother of my Lord should come to me? 44For as soon as the sound of your greeting reached my ears, the baby in my womb leaped for joy. 45Blessed is she who has believed that the Lord’s word to her will be fulfilled.”

She knew, however, the miraculous cannot be fully grasped until in the midst of and even then mind blowing! But she knew who He was.

Wondering said :I don't know where you learned this.
It's accepted in Catholic theology that Mary was conceived without original sin as part of her being.

God Is My Judge says :From God and I proved my point. It doesn't matter if a lie is long standing it is still a lie. There is no support for the Catholic stance. NONE! Not in scripture, not anywhere. The Catholic stance was formulated from a book called Infancy Gospel of St. James Protevangelium. It was written in the 2nd Century AD. If you too are going to come at me, quote my stance and break it down to me in real time. If you can prove me wrong ( you won't ) then I will concede. But don't arrogantly come at me with no proof against my stance. Simply saying " It's accepted in Catholic Theology" doesn't fly in the face of what is sound and true . I deal in real Theology. So please by all means prove me wrong.

Sorry Judge...
You're going to have to post some supporting material.
I've never heard of this. Being baptized by dew...
Where do you learn this stuff?
I guess you do not believe she is the Ark of the New Covenant then, Judge. Because it is a known fact that when the Most High overshadows, when He performs the miracle of the Manna it is associated with dew. Should stop wondering aimlessly and settle down and listen, then you might get the actual discussion.

Numbers 11:7Now the manna resembled coriander seed, and its appearance was like that of gum resin. 8The people walked around and gathered it, ground it on a handmill or crushed it in a mortar, then boiled it in a cooking pot or shaped it into cakes. It tasted like pastry baked with fine oil. 9When the dew fell on the camp at night, the manna would fall with it.
Judges 6:36-40
Then Gideon said to God, “If You will deliver Israel through me, as You have spoken, behold, I will put a fleece of wool on the threshing floor. If there is dew on the fleece only, and it is dry on all the ground, then I will know that You will deliver Israel through me, as You have spoken.” And it was so. When he arose early the next morning and squeezed the fleece, he drained the dew from the fleece, a bowl full of water.
Then Gideon said to God, “Do not let Your anger burn against me that I may speak once more; please let me make a test once more with the fleece, let it now be dry only on the fleece, and let there be dew on all the ground.” God did so that night; for it was dry only on the fleece, and dew was on all the ground.
Exodus 16:11-14
11 And Jehovah spake unto Moses, saying, 12 I have heard the murmurings of the children of Israel: speak unto them, saying, At evening ye shall eat flesh, and in the morning ye shall be filled with bread: and ye shall know that I am Jehovah your God.
13 And it came to pass at evening, that the quails came up, and covered the camp: and in the morning the dew lay round about the camp. 14 And when the dew that lay was gone up, behold, upon the face of the wilderness a small round thing, small as the hoar-frost on the ground. 15 And when the children of Israel saw it, they said one to another, What is it? For they knew not what it was. And Moses said unto them, It is the bread which Jehovah hath given you to eat.- ( IT Appeared when?- when did the Manna appear?14 And when the dew that lay was gone up, behold, upon the face of the wilderness a small round thing, small as the hoar-frost on the ground.) In the NT Christ is the bread from heaven.

16 This is the thing which Jehovah hath commanded, Gather ye of it every man according to his eating; an omer a head, according to the number of your persons, shall ye take it, every man for them that are in his tent.
Numbers 11:9
When the dew fell on the camp at night, the manna would fall with it. ( Who does this? The Most High.)
God Bless.

Last Point: The Ark was in the camp in the tent of meeting.

Wondering said :I don't know where you learned this.

God Is My Judge says :From God and I proved my point. It doesn't matter if a lie is long standing it is still a lie. There is no support for the Catholic stance. NONE! Not in scripture, not anywhere. The Catholic stance was formulated from a book called Infancy Gospel of St. James Protevangelium. It was written in the 2nd Century AD. If you too are going to come at me, quote my stance and break it down to me in real time. If you can prove me wrong ( you won't ) then I will concede. But don't arrogantly come at me with no proof against my stance. Simply saying " It's accepted in Catholic Theology" doesn't fly in the face of what is sound and true . I deal in real Theology. So please by all means prove me wrong.
Well Judge, I'm not here to come at you.
I don't believe this is what God would have me do.
I'm here to discuss and nothing else.

You were first to make a statement.
I asked you to support that statement.
Could you please let us know where you learned that Mary's OS was removed at the overshadowing?
If someone asks you for support to a comment, the answer cannot be "no, you support yours first".

But, here's why Mary is called the Immaculate Conception,
The Catholic Church makes its own doctrine...you cannot make doctrine for any church/denomination.

The Immaculate Conception
491 Through the centuries the Church has become ever more aware that Mary, "full of grace" through God, was redeemed from the moment of her conception. That is what the dogma of the Immaculate Conception confesses, as Pope Pius IX proclaimed in 1854:

The most Blessed Virgin Mary was, from the first moment of her conception, by a singular grace and privilege of almighty God and by virtue of the merits of Jesus Christ, Savior of the human race, preserved immune from all stain of original sin.135

source: ccc paragraph 491

And now, may we know where you learned that Mary became immaculate at the annunciation of Gabriel?

The reason it would be good to know is because you should avoid that source for Catholic teachings.

I guess you do not believe she is the Ark of the New Covenant then, Judge. Because it is a known fact that when the Most High overshadows, when He performs the miracle of the Manna it is associated with dew. Should stop wondering aimlessly and settle down and listen, then you might get the actual discussion.

Numbers 11:7Now the manna resembled coriander seed, and its appearance was like that of gum resin. 8The people walked around and gathered it, ground it on a handmill or crushed it in a mortar, then boiled it in a cooking pot or shaped it into cakes. It tasted like pastry baked with fine oil. 9When the dew fell on the camp at night, the manna would fall with it.
Judges 6:36-40
Then Gideon said to God, “If You will deliver Israel through me, as You have spoken, behold, I will put a fleece of wool on the threshing floor. If there is dew on the fleece only, and it is dry on all the ground, then I will know that You will deliver Israel through me, as You have spoken.” And it was so. When he arose early the next morning and squeezed the fleece, he drained the dew from the fleece, a bowl full of water.
Then Gideon said to God, “Do not let Your anger burn against me that I may speak once more; please let me make a test once more with the fleece, let it now be dry only on the fleece, and let there be dew on all the ground.” God did so that night; for it was dry only on the fleece, and dew was on all the ground.
Exodus 16:11-14
11 And Jehovah spake unto Moses, saying, 12 I have heard the murmurings of the children of Israel: speak unto them, saying, At evening ye shall eat flesh, and in the morning ye shall be filled with bread: and ye shall know that I am Jehovah your God.
13 And it came to pass at evening, that the quails came up, and covered the camp: and in the morning the dew lay round about the camp. 14 And when the dew that lay was gone up, behold, upon the face of the wilderness a small round thing, small as the hoar-frost on the ground. 15 And when the children of Israel saw it, they said one to another, What is it? For they knew not what it was. And Moses said unto them, It is the bread which Jehovah hath given you to eat.- ( IT Appeared when?- when did the Manna appear?14 And when the dew that lay was gone up, behold, upon the face of the wilderness a small round thing, small as the hoar-frost on the ground.) In the NT Christ is the bread from heaven.

16 This is the thing which Jehovah hath commanded, Gather ye of it every man according to his eating; an omer a head, according to the number of your persons, shall ye take it, every man for them that are in his tent.
Numbers 11:9
When the dew fell on the camp at night, the manna would fall with it. ( Who does this? The Most High.)
God Bless.

Last Point: The Ark was in the camp in the tent of meeting.
What does dew have to do with Mary being baptized?

This has nothing to do with being The Ark of the New Covenant.

Well Judge, I'm not here to come at you.
I don't believe this is what God would have me do.
I'm here to discuss and nothing else.

You were first to make a statement.
I asked you to support that statement.
Could you please let us know where you learned that Mary's OS was removed at the overshadowing?
If someone asks you for support to a comment, the answer cannot be "no, you support yours first".

But, here's why Mary is called the Immaculate Conception,
The Catholic Church makes its own doctrine...you cannot make doctrine for any church/denomination.

491 Through the centuries the Church has become ever more aware that Mary, "full of grace" through God, was redeemed from the moment of her conception. That is what the dogma of the Immaculate Conception confesses, as Pope Pius IX proclaimed in 1854:

The most Blessed Virgin Mary was, from the first moment of her conception, by a singular grace and privilege of almighty God and by virtue of the merits of Jesus Christ, Savior of the human race, preserved immune from all stain of original sin.135

source: ccc paragraph 491

And now, may we know where you learned that Mary became immaculate at the annunciation of Gabriel?

The reason it would be good to know is because you should avoid that source for Catholic teachings.
Quote whatever man you want. I put the scriptures in a mathematical equation which supports my claims. These men have not. Unless you cannot do math or they can't it has been made pretty clear.

And he believed it was in her mother's womb, contrary to the teaching of scripture. His assertion is aligned with a 2nd century book. Fact. How about this, since you want me to reiterate what I have said in here already, you prove his stance with scripture.

The trick, of course, is determining what is the word of God and what isn't.
I don't think it's a trick at all. I believe that the Bible is the word of God and (this is important) teaching and doctrine that is based it. I have no tolerance for teaching that goes beyond what the written word says, which is why I object to so much Catholic doctrine.

Beyond that, it's my firm opinion that people will believe what they want to believe. An example of this is Mary being "ever virgin". Why the need to believe that? It's elevating a woman's virginity to a strange level: a manufactured "purity" that creates a stigma for all women. They're supposed to be "pure", which of course no woman can live up to. It creates a situation where men can abuse women because they're not perfect.

End of sermon!

What does dew have to do with Mary being baptized?

This has nothing to do with being The Ark of the New Covenant.
Everything because dew is associated with bread from heaven. So DUH! of course it has everything to do with how the Most High performs over those of the camp of Israel- Mary! Hello! The funny thing is, the concepts for Mary being the Ark of the New covenant is taken from the OC. Emphasizing what was purposed by God for the New. When I do it, it suddenly is not so. Yet you are defending the Catholic stance of Mary as Ark of the New covenant? Say what you want, that is a fact jack!~ Even your guys formulate their doctrines concerning her being the NC ark by referencing the old. Like, your point? Just another hater.

I don't think it's a trick at all. I believe that the Bible is the word of God and (this is important) teaching and doctrine that is based it. I have no tolerance for teaching that goes beyond what the written word says, which is why I object to so much Catholic doctrine.

Beyond that, it's my firm opinion that people will believe what they want to believe. An example of this is Mary being "ever virgin". Why the need to believe that? It's elevating a woman's virginity to a strange level: a manufactured "purity" that creates a stigma for all women. They're supposed to be "pure", which of course no woman can live up to. It creates a situation where men can abuse women because they're not perfect.

End of sermon!
"They're supposed to be "pure", which of course no woman can live up to".

Lol! Now that is unbiblical.

Avoid that source? What, as your pope Pius the IX did? My source is scripture, ever heard of it? Sometimes the Catholics use it and sometimes they don't. As is evident with the Immaculate Conception Dogma of your church.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back