Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

What if Adam had not sinned ?

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
savedbygrace57 said:
StoveBolts said:
According to the text, God created everything "Good" and when he was finished, it was "Very Good".

Good is not "perfect".

Answer the question, did God create Adam corruptible or incorruptible, yes or no in your opinion ?

Maybe you should read your topic title again, which asks, "What if Adam had not sinned?"

And the answer to your question is God formed the man Adam of the dust of the earth and breathed into him the breath of Life, and Adam became a living soul. And he had no sin until Satan tempted him. Yet even that was not the beginning of sin.

vet:

Maybe you should read your topic title again, which asks, "What if Adam had not sinned?"

Was Adam created by God corruptible ? The word is defined as this:

Capable of being corrupted

savedbygrace57 said:
vet:

Study 1 Cor.15 and you'll know the answer to that.

veteran said:
savedbygrace57 said:
vet:

Study 1 Cor.15 and you'll know the answer to that.

i know the answer, what is your answer, was Adam before He sinned, Very Good as pronounced, was He in your opinion corruptible ? Yes or No..

savedbygrace57 said:
arch:

No, there was no such thing as death before Adam sinned.

my question was , did not God create Adam curruptible ?

Yes, and I gave my my answer already.
Free will exists so the *potential* to fall into corruption exists but that doesn't mean that if Adam did not fall he could not inherit the kingdom of God.

What about Jesus Christ?

arch:

Yes, and I gave my my answer already.

Thanks, thats why Flesh and blood cannot enter into Gods eternal Heavenly Kingdom, because it was corruptible. so if Adam would not have sinned, and remained Flesh and Blood, He was not qualified to Enter in, because Flesh and Blood is corruptible.

Only Incorruption can enter in the Kingdom, and one must first be born of that seed. 1 pet 1:23

Being born again, not of corruptible seed [As Adam], but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.

Adam in His best state, needed to be born again.

savedbygrace57 said:
jasoncran said:
he was aware that we would fall(adam) but adam was perfect and all creation was perfect before the entrance of sin.

Flesh and Blood cannot enter the Eternal Kingdom of God, Adam before He sinned and would He remained unfallen, was still no more than Flesh and Blood and hence not fit to enter into Gods Kingdom.
then didnt jesus enter into heaven as he was speaking to the apostle in acts 1? or was he not a spirit with no flesh.if the lord could walk and talk with you and you were in corruption , then why the verse no man hath seen the father.

and the one with moses for if you see my face you will die. yet adam walked and talked with the GOD on the Earth in the Garden of eden.

jason:

then didnt jesus enter into heaven as he was speaking to the apostle in acts 1?

Yes He did.He went back to where He was from. 1 cor 15:47

The first man is of the earth, earthy; the second man is the Lord from heaven.

that was meant as rhetorical question, but adam before the fall was perfect and without sin

jesus could have choose to sin, and he didnt. If he had no oppturnity to sin then why the tempting by the devil?

jason:

but adam before the fall was perfect and without sin

He was corruptible and Flesh and Blood.

God says that flesh and blood cannot enter into His Kingdom 1 cor 15:50

Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption.

Gods standard has never changed.

so then why does genesis talk about adam talking to God in the Flesh. any vision of the glory of christ causes us to shake and tremble, yet with adam theres no mentioning of that.

if was corrupted ere the fall , notice that.
after the fall he Hid from the Lord.

jasoncran said:
so then why does genesis talk about adam talking to God in the Flesh. any vision of the glory of christ causes us to shake and tremble, yet with adam theres no mentioning of that.

if was corrupted ere the fall , notice that.
after the fall he Hid from the Lord.

Adam was corruptible, that should be evident. And, Adam was Flesh and Blood, so He in that condition, could not inherit Gods Eternal Kingdom of Glory 1 cor 15:

50Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption.

God is Immutable, He does not change, that was His standard when adam was freshly made out of the dust of the ground.

then why are we able to enter into heaven and then in the book of revalation it states the new heaven, and the new earth. On the new earth we will have new bodies, ones that arent the same.

perfected one and they are flesh not spirit. we aint stayin in heaven.look it up after the millienium. when satan is destroyed and hell and death with him.

God doesnt separate the physical like that. we are fallen and when redeemed we are made perfect in christ, death is removal of that is which is imperfect. a new body must be given.
one that isnt cursed by sin.

adam before the FALL wasnt cursed.

careful i see gnostiscm

jason:

adam before the FALL wasnt cursed.

He was corruptible and flesh and blood, and in that condition could not enter into the Kingdom of God, which is heavenly.

1 cor 15:

50Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption.

2 tim 4:18

And the Lord shall deliver me from every evil work, and will preserve me unto his heavenly kingdom: to whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen.

then when THE Lord appeared to the disciples , was he a spirit or a man?
answer this correctly, and then you will see where i'm coming from

Thomas didnt touch a spirit ,but flesh,
you agreed that christ ascended like that.

our current state isnt the redeemed flesh,but when we are given new bodies we will be able to walk and talk with God.

that is what adam add and lost.

jason:

then when THE Lord appeared to the disciples , was he a spirit or a man?

What does that have to do with Adam, and the fact that if He would have remained Flesh and Blood, He could not enter into God's heavenly Kingdom, because Flesh and Blood cannot enter in.

you are implying that becuase adam was flesh and blood that he wasnt able to commune with God. that is what i'm saying

let me ask you this. are we staying in heaven forever?

i dont see that we are as the city of new jerusalem comes to the earth and that comes from heaven. we will be in that city and have new bodies. so when you say that no flesh can inherit the kingdom of God, we have a contra diction.

see the verses in isiah with the kid with the lion and the lamb. that's what God intends and intended with the earth. He hasnt changed his mind.

Titus 1:1-2 -

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Titus 1:

1Paul, a servant of God, and an apostle of Jesus Christ, according to the faith of God's elect, and the acknowledging of the truth which is after godliness;

2In hope of eternal life, which God, that cannot lie, promised before the world began;

Eternal Life was promised before the world began. Many mistake and believe that Adam and man in Him, had eternal life and that the continuance of it depended upon a condition, that condition being, if Adam [ Man] did not disobey God and eat of the Tree He was told not to eat from.

So from that reasoning, life eternal was not promised on a premise made by God before the world began, but after time began, and conditioned on the obedience of man who was made of the dust of the ground. Can anyone see the discrepancy with this faulty thinking, and what Paul writes in Titus 1 ?

2 Tim 1:1

Paul, an apostle of Jesus Christ by the will of God, according to the promise of [eternal ] life which is in Christ Jesus,

1 jn 2:25

And this is the promise that he hath promised us, even eternal life.

5:

And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son

Now who could it have been that God promised Eternal life to before the world began ? Was it Adam ? Was it the Last Adam ?

calvinism god otta love it. oh yeah that right
God simply made adam to sin. so that he could have those he could will to love him

free choice, adam choose to sin, just like we do.

no free choice, no love.

did you ever think that verse implies that GOD knew adam would fall and set up the promises and the lineage of christ, and redeem man. Did it ever occur that God wants people to love him, yet allows free will.

Does god make you write or think? or love or hate?

jason:

calvinism god otta love it. oh yeah that right
God simply made adam to sin

Adam like all creation was made for Christ and His redemptive purpose Col 1:

16For by him [Christ] were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him[Christ], and for him[Christ]:

17And he[Christ] is before all things, and by him [Christ] all things consist.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back