Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

What is "GODS RIGHTEOUSNESS"

I have already shown that Gods Righteousness relates directly with the New Testament. Its not a separate issue!

2Co 3:6 Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life.
2Co 3:7 But if the ministration of death, written and engraven in stones, was glorious, so that the children of Israel could not stedfastly behold the face of Moses for the glory of his countenance; which glory was to be done away:
2Co 3:8 How shall not the ministration of the spirit be rather glorious?
2Co 3:9 For if the ministration of condemnation be glory, much more doth the ministration of righteousness exceed in glory.

Rom 1:16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.
Rom 1:17 For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.

What do think it means to be revealed from faith to faith? by the Gospel?
It must mean that it has to be seen by faith?

God desires to give us His Righteousness by faith!
Who rejects this free gift?
Who rejects Gods mercy?

It seems only the religious proud have an issue with the gospel!
They seem sure they can earn their own way? Well may God give you what you have earned!

For the harlot will enter into the Kingdom of God before those who think they are able by their own works, to please God!

God's Righteousness is that Righteousness that each person has whom Christ died for, and it is made known to them via the Gospel Rom 1:16-17

16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

17 For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.

Its a free gift of Righteousness given them freely for Christ's sake ! Rom 5:17

For if by one man's offence death reigned by one; much more they which receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness shall reign in life by one, Jesus Christ.)

Isa 54:14 In righteousness you shall be established!

I tell you as a true minister of the Lord, that until a "believer" can stand against satan and all the accusers in this world in confidence, not in self effort but by Gods Righteousness?
You are yet a babe and a child in the Kingdom of God.

Established in righteousness? "seek first the Kingdom of God, AND HIS RIGHTEOUSNESS"

This is Gods will all else is just religious nonsense!

Isa 54:14 In righteousness you shall be established!

I tell you as a true minister of the Lord, that until a "believer" can stand against satan and all the accusers in this world in confidence, not in self effort but by Gods Righteousness?
You are yet a babe and a child in the Kingdom of God.

Established in righteousness? "seek first the Kingdom of God, AND HIS RIGHTEOUSNESS"

This is Gods will all else is just religious nonsense!

The book of Heb tells us that those who are unskilled in the Word of Righteousness, are but babes and infants?

They cannot bear strong meat. Do not be deceived, until one is established in Gods Righteousness, they have no place to teach or minister in the Kingdom of God.

How far is the "chruch" from the truth?

No wonder the book of Rev. has so many warnings!

The kingdom of God is RIGHTEOUSNESS, peace and joy in The Holy Spirit.

I see very little Kingdom in the modern "chruch"

Rom 10:4

For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to every one that believeth.

Rom 10:12

For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him.

you must be wrong?

2Co 5:21

For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.:thumbsup

You can have that "religious form" of righteousness if you want?

I will just receive His by faith!:)

It just sounds too easy?

I tell you that If one stands with God and in His Righteousness, you will find the battle will rage around you!

THE FEARFUL AND UNBELIEVING ARE THE FIRST CAST INTO THE LAKE OF FIRE!

We who have entered into Gods Righteousness have taken up the greastest battle, every fought upon the earth!

The battle is LIFE against death, satan uses the law to kill, steal and destroy!

We take up the Cross of Christ and bring LIFE to all who will dare to believe in HIS RIGHTEOUSNESS!

Hi Mitspa,

I was writing down some thoughts this morning, and decided to share them here on the forum, and when opened this forum, you post was the first one at the top. So, you'll understand why I share my thoughts here.

[FONT=&quot]I was reading Samuel Davies this morning about the Judgment to come(I know it’s a heavy subject), and I wanted to share a reaffirmation that Davies makes regarding the nature of Jesus.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]John 5:22[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]New King James Version (NKJV)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]22 [/FONT][FONT=&quot]For the Father judges no one, but has committed all judgment to the Son, [/FONT]
John 5:27

New King James Version (NKJV)
27 and has given Him authority to execute judgment also, because He is the Son of Man.

[FONT=&quot]Davies quotes John 5:22, 27. Here Davies talks about the fitness of Jesus Christ to be the Judge of all. I agree with Davies that because of God’s omniscience, He alone would be the appropriate judge. When you think about how Jesus became a man or took on the form of a man, then you think that God has taken away every excuse that man could think of to reject Him. How many times have I heard someone say, ‘You don’t know how I feel.’ With God’s omniscience alone, this argument/denial is dispelled, but we see God stooping down low, going beyond what we would ever think is reasonable, living in this world and suffering all its ugliness, not to condemn us, but to establish a righteousness to give to us so that we may stand innocent on the Day of Judgment. If we reject His righteousness that He offers us through His death and resurrection, then how appropriate is our condemnation.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Let’s thank God for his gifts of pardon and righteousness![/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]- Davies
[/FONT]

Yes my brother!

If we reject His Righteousness , we deserve the condemnation that the law places upon us!

Christ Jesus is the only righteousness, any man will ever have.

If you are justified by Him, then you are not under law.

Psa 119:172 My tongue shall speak of thy word: for all thy commandments are righteousness.
Yes of course, the OLD TESTAMENT will point to the law! But God died on a Cross to deliver us from the law! Its called the NEW COVENANT written in His Blood.

The law is not of faith! and you nor any other man has ever kept not even one commandment apart from faith inChrist!

Hi Mitspa,

I like Psalm 22:30-31

Psalm 22:30-31

30 A posterity shall serve Him.
It will be recounted of the Lord to the next generation,
31 They will come and declare His righteousness to a people who will be born,
That He has done this.

Psalm 22 is all about Jesus' crucifixion. At the end of this amazing prophecy, we see of those who serve God what they declare, 'What He has done.'

- Davies :amen

Oh that men would praise Him! for what He has done!

For we look not at the things which are seen, but the things which are not seen! Faith calleth those things which be not as though they were.

He has said you are righteous, by faith!
My grace is suffencient for you, for my strength is made perfect in your weakness!

What is "GODS RIGHTEOUSNESS"

Jesus Christ ! 1 Cor 1:30

30 But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption:

Thank God He is my Righteousness before God !

Jesus Christ ! 1 Cor 1:30

30 But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption:

Thank God He is my Righteousness before God !

When the winds blow and the waters rise! may all find the Rock of ages!

yes! I am also very thankful!

Sandcastles may look pretty but they never last! so is it with the righteousness of man!

Mitspa:

Yes, you reminded me of the hymn: 'Rock of Ages'.

"Rock of Ages cleft for me,
Let me hide myself in Thee.
Let the water and the blood,
From Thy wounded side which flowed
Be of sin the double cure,
Save from wrath and make me pure.

Not the labor of my hands
Can fulfill Thy law’s demands;
Could my zeal no respite know,
Could my tears forever flow,
All for sin could not atone;
Thou must save, and Thou alone."

Blessings.

Mitspa:

Yes, you reminded me of the hymn: 'Rock of Ages'.

"Rock of Ages cleft for me,
Let me hide myself in Thee.
Let the water and the blood,
From Thy wounded side which flowed
Be of sin the double cure,
Save from wrath and make me pure.

Not the labor of my hands
Can fulfill Thy law’s demands;
Could my zeal no respite know,
Could my tears forever flow,
All for sin could not atone;
Thou must save, and Thou alone."

Blessings.

Been singing that song all day at work, but of course I had forgot part of the words? Now God has blessed me with those too!

I think of my grandmother when I hear that song! I hope she sees me from heavens window, and is glad and rejoices that I have been hide in The Rock of Ages!

By the way a great blessing fell upon me as I read your post and sang the rest of those words that I had hum all day!

May Our God return to you the blessing your gave to me!

To my fellow self-righteous Christians, if I can say that, here is an excellent passage from the Book of Daniel. If our faith were to be perfected right now, and we lived our lives perfectly before God without sin, our righteousness would not cover the price of admission into heaven. Daniel provides the reason why righteousness belongs to the Lord. This is why we need to be found in Him.

Daniel 9:7
7 O Lord, righteousness belongs to You, but to us shame of face, as it is this day—to the men of Judah, to the inhabitants of Jerusalem and all Israel, those near and those far off in all the countries to which You have driven them, because of the unfaithfulness which they have committed against You. (emphasis added)

Another passage in Matthew 3:15 tells us why Jesus was being baptized, to fulfill all righteousness. In effect, Jesus was not only our representative in His death on the cross, but also in His obedience in Life.

Matthew 3:15

15 But Jesus answered and said to him, “Permit it to be so now, for thus it is fitting for us to fulfill all righteousness.”

The religious leaders of Jesus' day had the reputation of being very observant of the law, better than the rest of society. Would anyone today surpass the righteousness of the Pharisees?

Matthew 5:20

20 For I say to you, that unless your righteousness exceeds the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, you will by no means enter the kingdom of heaven. Only Jesus' righteousness surpassed that of the Pharisees and scribes.

So, we do need the righteousness of Jesus that will justify us before God, because when we present our righteousness before God, our unrighteousness comes along with it. I'm thinking a distinction needs to be made regarding the righteousness that justifies us before God, and our righteous deeds that are part of the sanctification process, the perfecting of our faith.

Romans 3:28

28 Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith apart from the deeds of the law.

- Davies

If has made you righteous, then you are indeed righteous!
Who lay a charge against you?
Put on the brestplate of righteousness? Your enemy the accuser hates this truth with all his dirty little heart!
For by Gods Righteousness, man has been restored to his rightful place! satan is defeated because all he ever had over man was sin!

The name satan and devil means ACCUSER! he goes about as a roaring lion, seeking whom he may devour! satan goes about pretending to as god, accusing us with charges of sin!

When he makes you a sinner, he then has legal right by law to bring the curse upon you!

Col 2 tells us that When the Lord was nailed to the Cross, the law was nailed to the Cross! The dogma that was against us and contrary to us was taken out of the way!

disarming pricipality and powers? satan was disarmed when the law was removed! For a curse causeless will not come!

Christ bore every curse, we are free from every curse!

The righteousness of faith, takes real faith! life and death are at issue, blessings and curses for you and your children and you childrens, children!

To stand by faith is the hardest thing any man can do! But Christ will cause you to stand for His own names sake!

And you will know that its not by power nor by might, but by My Spirit saith the Lord of Host!

Hi Mitspa,

God's righteousness is Jesus dieing in the place of reprobates.

- Davies
Yes He did! a reprobate rejects His salvation! None will perish that He rejected, but only those who reject His mercy and salvation by faith.

HE IS RIGHTEOUS! man is not! every man needs to be saved by faith. Those who reject the grace and free gift of righteousness are what the scriptures call reprobates.

Hi Mitspa,

We have to remember that it's God's place to reject, and not ours.

- Davies
I reject no one! I am not the Savior!
Although I find fault in your doctrine, I have not rejected you as a brother?

I do what God has taught me and teaches me to do. Its very clear in scripture, to turn away from some.

Now like others, you probably want to make some phoney religious charge against me!

Well I know love, I know righteousness! God has taught me both!

Sometimes the most righteous thing one can do is say "ye pit of vipers" to the religious and blind!

Sometimes the most loving thing One can say to a brother is get behind me satan, you are not mindful of the things of God, but the things of man!

He who is Spiritual judges all things, yet he is judged of no man.

Yes I have legal and moral right, in the eyes of God, to decide and decern such matters as it relates to the gospel.

I do what God has taught me and teaches me to do. Its very clear in scripture, to turn away from some.

Now like others, you probably want to make some phoney religious charge against me!

Good morning Mitspa,

This is your own conscience accusing you, not me. If you turn away from people because of their sin, I hope you would make sure it's Moses or their own consciences that turns them away, not your judgment. I think you understand what I'm saying. I say this so that we will be careful that we aren't rejected for being judgmental, in the sense of writing people off. If any rejecting needs to take place, why don't we let it be us who are rejected because we are kind, gentle, and loving all the while not compromising our faith in Jesus. There is nothing sinful about that, at least on our part.

Peace Mitspa,

- Davies

Good morning Mitspa,

This is your own conscience accusing you, not me. If you turn away from people because of their sin, I hope you would make sure it's Moses or their own consciences that turns them away, not your judgment. I think you understand what I'm saying. I say this so that we will be careful that we aren't rejected for being judgmental, in the sense of writing people off. If any rejecting needs to take place, why don't we let it be us who are rejected because we are kind, gentle, and loving all the while not compromising our faith in Jesus. There is nothing sinful about that, at least on our part.

Peace Mitspa,

- Davies

I assure you my conscience is very much at peace! thank you for being so concerned!

It is a small thing for me to be judged, by mans judgement!

Only One can judge me! And He is well-pleased!

ISA 54:17
No weapon that is formed against me shall prosper and every tongue that rises in judgment against me, I shall condemn. This is the heritage of the Servants of the Lord, and their RIGHTEOUSNESS is of ME, SAITH THE LORD!

keep trying though, im sure the "accuser" will bring you more fiery darts, as long as you will agree to listen to him?

But I would see you, without shame and guilt! walking at peace in Gods righteousness. May the Lord grant that to you. In Jesus Name- Amen

Your friend and brother in Christ- Mitspa

If has made you righteous, then you are indeed righteous!
Who lay a charge against you?
Put on the brestplate of righteousness? Your enemy the accuser hates this truth with all his dirty little heart!
For by Gods Righteousness, man has been restored to his rightful place! satan is defeated because all he ever had over man was sin!

The name satan and devil means ACCUSER! he goes about as a roaring lion, seeking whom he may devour! satan goes about pretending to as god, accusing us with charges of sin!

When he makes you a sinner, he then has legal right by law to bring the curse upon you!

Col 2 tells us that When the Lord was nailed to the Cross, the law was nailed to the Cross! The dogma that was against us and contrary to us was taken out of the way!

disarming pricipality and powers? satan was disarmed when the law was removed! For a curse causeless will not come!

Christ bore every curse, we are free from every curse!

The righteousness of faith, takes real faith! life and death are at issue, blessings and curses for you and your children and you childrens, children!

To stand by faith is the hardest thing any man can do! But Christ will cause you to stand for His own names sake!

And you will know that its not by power nor by might, but by My Spirit saith the Lord of Host!

When we understand that Gods righteousness is on our side against satan, and against our own sin, which is in the flesh of all men.

When we realize that we are righteous in Jesus Christ, we relize that we are not slaves to sin anymore. We do not have to dance to sins tune. We have been set free. We have been devilered. we have been washed in the Blood. We have been made clean. We have been made righteous!

Without this truth, no man can attain the promises of the scriptures. For everything in the Kingdom is given by faith, no one can earn any part.

God has this funny way about Him? He is God, and He decides what is righteous and what is not! He has decided that the very best efforts of the very best man, are nothing!

He has decided that Only His Son has every worked any Righteous acts upon this world. He has decided that it IS RIGHTEOUS TO MAKE THE SINNER RIGHTEOUS, BY FAITH IN HIS SON!

NOW WHO CAN AURGUE WITH GOD? HE DID BECAUSE HE SAID THAT WAS THE RIGHT THING TO DO!

He is a good and loving God, He made a way for us!
But only those who are proud, and religious fight against His Goodness!

No! one must become as a child, weak and foolish!

God gives grace to humble, but He will resist the proud! even until you are made weak. Wrestle against Him if you will? Fight against the Glory of Christ? Every knee will bow, and every tongue will confess!

Back