Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

What is "GODS RIGHTEOUSNESS"

God considers man’s righteousness as filthy rags
In searching the meaning of “filthy rags”, in the Greek and Hebrew translation you will find the original words were menstrual rags.
This gives you an idea of what God really thinks of sin, of man’s righteousness, of man.
If I was to ask you how much can you love a filthy rag, what would your answer be?
Now you know what God really thinks of man in his righteousness.
We cannot fathom what His righteousness must be
We don't understand what we are asking.

Your right we must have Gods Righteousness! and walk by the Spirit!

Rom 1:16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.
Rom 1:17 For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.

not the point
without Christ we are these filthy rags
it is because of the perfect sacrifice that we are cleans

what we must understand is that you and i are nothing but filthy rags without Christ

we should be humbled to be saved by Jesus

and not elevate ourselves on our merit

not the point
without Christ we are these filthy rags
it is because of the perfect sacrifice that we are cleans

what we must understand is that you and i are nothing but filthy rags without Christ

we should be humbled to be saved by Jesus

and not elevate ourselves on our merit
No one gets Glory but Christ in the true Gospel!
Rom 1:16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.
Rom 1:17 For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.

And Christ shares His Glory with those who love Him!

Joh 17:21 That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me.
Joh 17:22 And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one:
Joh 17:23 I in them, and thou in me, that they may be made perfect in one; and that the world may know that thou hast sent me, and hast loved them, as thou hast loved me.

Yes "in Christ" we have become part of all He is.

Col 2:9 For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.
Col 2:10 And ye are complete in him, which is the head of all principality and power:

Eph 1:3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ:
Eph 1:4 According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:

Yes! I agree with God!

2Pe 1:1

Simon Peter, a servant and an apostle of Jesus Christ, to them that have obtained like precious faith with us through the righteousness of God and our Saviour Jesus Christ:

There was no confusion about what "righteousness" means, by those who wrote the epistles. All knew, in the the "True Church" that they was only ONE righteousness that was to every be accepted!

Just as satan deceived eve from this "simple truth", religion brought in all types of heresy. To deny the Righteousness of God by faith, is to deny the Lord Himself!

2Pe 2:1

But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction.
2Pe 2:2

And many shall follow their pernicious ways; by reason of whom the way of truth shall be evil spoken of.

Peter himself spoke only of "Gods Righteousness" as the acceptable way and that by faith alone!
Who is called evil, but those of us who teach the "true way"?

I am not ashamed of the gospel, for in it Gods Righteousness is reveal from faith to faith! -Mitspa:wave

Php 3:3 For we are the circumcision, which worship God in the spirit, and rejoice in Christ Jesus, and have no confidence in the flesh.
Php 3:4 Though I might also have confidence in the flesh. If any other man thinketh that he hath whereof he might trust in the flesh, I more:
Php 3:5 Circumcised the eighth day, of the stock of Israel, of the tribe of Benjamin, an Hebrew of the Hebrews; as touching the law, a Pharisee;
Php 3:6 Concerning zeal, persecuting the church; touching the righteousness which is in the law, blameless.
Php 3:7 But what things were gain to me, those I counted loss for Christ.
Php 3:8 Yea doubtless, and I count all things but loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord: for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and do count them but dung, that I may win Christ,
Php 3:9 And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith:

Paul the most religious of men, no man could make a charge against him, according to the law!
But The Holy One of Israel, knock him from his religious high-horse!
Now Paul, rejoices that he gave up all that he was, and called it but dung!

We see that he gladly cast away, his own righteousness ,that he might have the Righteousness of God by FAITH!

God's righteousness would be unselfish behavior. His commandments help define what this means.

God's righteousness would be unselfish behavior. His commandments help define what this means.
The LAW is a witness to Gods Righteousness, YES!
It bears witness that all men are sinners and cannot keep Gods Law! It brings us to the Righteousness of God, by FAITH alone.

Rom 3:19 Now we know that what things soever the law saith, it saith to them who are under the law: that every mouth may be stopped, and all the world may become guilty before God.
Rom 3:20 Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin.
Rom 3:21 But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets;
Rom 3:22 Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference:
Rom 3:23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;

Isa 54:8

In a little wrath I hid my face from thee for a moment; but with everlasting kindness will I have mercy on thee, saith the LORD thy Redeemer.
Isa 54:9

For this is as the waters of Noah unto me: for as I have sworn that the waters of Noah should no more go over the earth; so have I sworn that I would not be wroth with thee, nor rebuke thee.
Isa 54:10

For the mountains shall depart, and the hills be removed; but my kindness shall not depart from thee, neither shall the covenant of my peace be removed, saith the LORD that hath mercy on thee.

Isa 54:17

No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper; and every tongue that shall rise against thee in judgment thou shalt condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the LORD, and their righteousness is of me, saith the LORD.

Isa 54:17

No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper; and every tongue that shall rise against thee in judgment thou shalt condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the LORD, and their righteousness is of me, saith the LORD.

Good morning Mitspa,

Didn't you mean to say, 'This is the heritage of the servants of the LORD, and their righteousness is found in the good works they have done, saith the LORD.'

You are bringing up the most inconvenient verses regarding my righteousness. :) One of the best things the Lord has done was to preserve His word for us to read. I don't know if you've ever been on a boat in the sea, but I get sea sickness. The last time I went deep sea fishing, there was nothing I could do but sit down, keep my head face down to the floor of the boat, and wait for hours before the boat returned to doc. The feeling of well being I received when I stepped off that boat is similar to the feeling I receive when I hear the word of God and put my trust in it. It's a firm foundation to place your foot on, secure.

Psalm 40:2

New King James Version (NKJV)

2 He also brought me up out of a horrible pit,
Out of the miry clay,
And set my feet upon a rock,
And established my steps.

We can't take credit for having a sure foundation that gives us the ability to walk upright!

Thanks for posting these verses,

- Davies

Good morning Mitspa,

Didn't you mean to say, 'This is the heritage of the servants of the LORD, and their righteousness is found in the good works they have done, saith the LORD.'

You are bringing up the most inconvenient verses regarding my righteousness. :) One of the best things the Lord has done was to preserve His word for us to read. I don't know if you've ever been on a boat in the sea, but I get sea sickness. The last time I went deep sea fishing, there was nothing I could do but sit down, keep my head face down to the floor of the boat, and wait for hours before the boat returned to doc. The feeling of well being I received when I stepped off that boat is similar to the feeling I receive when I hear the word of God and put my trust in it. It's a firm foundation to place your foot on, secure.

Psalm 40:2

2 He also brought me up out of a horrible pit,
Out of the miry clay,
And set my feet upon a rock,
And established my steps.

We can't take credit for having a sure foundation that gives us the ability to walk upright!

Thanks for posting these verses,

- Davies
My friend, I just dont see how things have gotten so twisted? How anyone could read the New Testament and think that religious works, works of law etc...
Could accomplish what God gives only by faith?

Gal 3:6

Even as Abraham believed God, and it was accounted to him for righteousness.
Gal 3:7

Know ye therefore that they which are of faith, the same are the children of Abraham.
Gal 3:8

And the scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the heathen through faith, preached before the gospel unto Abraham, saying, In thee shall all nations be blessed.
Gal 3:9

So then they which be of faith are blessed with faithful Abraham.
Gal 3:10

For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse: for it is written, Cursed is every one that continueth not in all things which are written in the book of the law to do them.
Gal 3:11

But that no man is justified by the law in the sight of God, it is evident: for, The just shall live by faith.

Rev 2:13

I know thy works, and where thou dwellest, even where Satan's seat is: and thou holdest fast my name, and hast not denied my faith, even in those days wherein Antipas was my faithful martyr, who was slain among you, where Satan dwelleth.

My friend, I just dont see how things have gotten so twisted? How anyone could read the New Testament and think that religious works, works of law etc...
Could accomplish what God gives only by faith?

Gal 3:6

Even as Abraham believed God, and it was accounted to him for righteousness.
Gal 3:7

Know ye therefore that they which are of faith, the same are the children of Abraham.
Gal 3:8

And the scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the heathen through faith, preached before the gospel unto Abraham, saying, In thee shall all nations be blessed.
Gal 3:9

So then they which be of faith are blessed with faithful Abraham.
Gal 3:10

For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse: for it is written, Cursed is every one that continueth not in all things which are written in the book of the law to do them.
Gal 3:11

But that no man is justified by the law in the sight of God, it is evident: for, The just shall live by faith.

Rev 2:13

I know thy works, and where thou dwellest, even where Satan's seat is: and thou holdest fast my name, and hast not denied my faith, even in those days wherein Antipas was my faithful martyr, who was slain among you, where Satan dwelleth.

(Heb 11:8) Abraham was called out to go to a place he knew not to receive an inheritance. We also know that he considered not the weakess of his own body, but accounted that God was able to perform that which He had promised.
True faith looks to God and His strength, not the weakness of men, nor mans ability!
God has said that we who have faith in His Son are righteous with His Son!
Apart from Him we are nothing, but with Him we are righteous sons of God!

Jas 2:24

Ye see then how that by works a man is justified, and not by faith only.

Jas 2:25

Likewise also was not Rahab the harlot justified by works, when she had received the messengers, and had sent them out another way?

Now you have made a good point that Rahab a harlot was justified in her faith, because she kept them in her harlot-house! I agree that this proves "Gods Righteousness" that he justifies even the harlot while she is a harlot!

So if we say we Believe, then we should act as believers, just like rahab the harlot. thats the point James is making!

Jas 5:15

And the prayer of faith shall save the sick, and the Lord shall raise him up; and if he have committed sins, they shall be forgiven him

This is real faith, believing in Gods faithfulness, healing the sick in His name!

I love how God, in scripture, when teaching on true works of righteousness, uses a harlot as an example of righteous works?

For the Lord Himself said the harlots would enter His Kingdom before those who attempted to justify themselves by religious works!

Be sure real faith has real works! They are always works of faith, not works of religion or law.

Rom 1:16

For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

Rom 1:17

For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.

The gospel is a revelation of "Gods Righteousness", which was given to us "In Christ" As the believer begins to look away from self, which is "flesh", and begins to understand what we have "in spirit" In Christ. The heart of the believer turns more and more to the glory of God, understanding that Who and what He is, and that the Kingdom has been given to us, as sons of God!

2Co 3:18

But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the Lord.

This is called the "ministry of righteousness" meaning when one is hearing the "true gospel" they become more and more confident in "Gods Righteousness" being there own , by faith!

2Co 5:21

For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him. :thumbsup

Isa 54:14 In righteousness you shall be establised, you shall be far from opression for thou shall not fear, you shall be free from terror and it shall come near thee!

I know the righteousness of faith has taking me from weakness into Gods strength! My enemy, the accuser, is but a worm before the Strength of my God!

EVERY VOICE THAT RISES AGAINST ME, I SHALL CONDEMN!

Isa 54:17 This is the heritage of the servants of the Lord, and their Righteousness is of Me, saith the Lord!

When we became re-born our second birthday we became the righteousness of Christ by faith. Guaranteed Enternal Salvation!

When we became re-born our second birthday we became the righteousness of Christ by faith. Guaranteed Enternal Salvation!

Hi iLOVE,

You mean guaranteed internal and external. lol

Sorry, that's my sense of humor. I always thought some of the funniest things pastors have said in the pulpit are those things said with the slip of the tongue.

- Davies

Hi Mitspa,

I was writing down some thoughts this morning, and decided to share them here on the forum, and when opened this forum, you post was the first one at the top. So, you'll understand why I share my thoughts here.

[FONT=&quot]I was reading Samuel Davies this morning about the Judgment to come(I know it’s a heavy subject), and I wanted to share a reaffirmation that Davies makes regarding the nature of Jesus.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]John 5:22[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]New King James Version (NKJV)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]22 [/FONT][FONT=&quot]For the Father judges no one, but has committed all judgment to the Son, [/FONT]
John 5:27

27 and has given Him authority to execute judgment also, because He is the Son of Man.

[FONT=&quot]Davies quotes John 5:22, 27. Here Davies talks about the fitness of Jesus Christ to be the Judge of all. I agree with Davies that because of God’s omniscience, He alone would be the appropriate judge. When you think about how Jesus became a man or took on the form of a man, then you think that God has taken away every excuse that man could think of to reject Him. How many times have I heard someone say, ‘You don’t know how I feel.’ With God’s omniscience alone, this argument/denial is dispelled, but we see God stooping down low, going beyond what we would ever think is reasonable, living in this world and suffering all its ugliness, not to condemn us, but to establish a righteousness to give to us so that we may stand innocent on the Day of Judgment. If we reject His righteousness that He offers us through His death and resurrection, then how appropriate is our condemnation.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Let’s thank God for his gifts of pardon and righteousness![/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]- Davies
[/FONT]

I thought I Would repost this?

Let me ask an honest question to all who read this?
If God justifies a man, who can condemn that man?
If Christ died to save, why are so many trying to condemn those He has saved by His own blood?

I tell you that you who seek to judge will have One who judges you! for by the same measure you judge others He will judge you! FOR JUDGEMENT WILL BE WITHOUT MERCY ON THOSE WHO HAVE SHOWN NO MERCY!

Above all things a man should fear to call dirty what God has made clean.

The Royal Law is not a suggestion, its not a discussion of bible school etc... You better forget moses and get this one right!

If Christ died to save, why are so many trying to condemn those He has saved by His own blood?

I tell you that you who seek to judge will have One who judges you! for by the same measure you judge others He will judge you! FOR JUDGEMENT WILL BE WITHOUT MERCY ON THOSE WHO HAVE SHOWN NO MERCY!

Above all things a man should fear to call dirty what God has made clean.

The Royal Law is not a suggestion, its not a discussion of bible school etc... You better forget moses and get this one right!

One group "judges", the other group regards "with contempt". Both attitudes are inappropriate for "slaves"! Their master, Jesus Christ, is the only One who has the right to "criticize" or "look down on". For believers to act as judge usurps God's place.

The presumption you continue to put in play is that any given believer is only they, themselves, alone. Or at best, them and God.

That is not an accurate 'inside' look.

Gods righteousness was never meant to be laid in that manner.

Believers are also subject to the internal workings of the tempter
That comes automatically with the territory of belief and the 'battles' we enter into with that working and worker.

So to spread and heap righteousness to that working and worker will remain an utter SHAM.

A believer does have. The other working, not. It is not so easy as to apply Gods Righteousness to EVERYTHING in man as workings of evil, internal or external, are neither righteous or blessed. But condemned.

This division has been brought up before and you never ever factor in that fact, not on any subject.

What applies to YOU as a believer does in no way apply to the other working. If you say the tempter never tempts you in mind, or that if that happens it's not happening 'within' your claims will remain rightfully suspect on that basis alone. And when I say 'you' it is meant as a general observation for every believer, not just 'you.' I include myself in this same sight.

It's just poor accounting.

s

The presumption you continue to put in play is that any given believer is only they, themselves, alone. Or at best, them and God.

That is not an accurate 'inside' look.

Gods righteousness was never meant to be laid in that manner.

Believers are also subject to the internal workings of the tempter
That comes automatically with the territory of belief and the 'battles' we enter into with that working and worker.

So to spread and heap righteousness to that working and worker will remain an utter SHAM.

A believer does have. The other working, not. It is not so easy as to apply Gods Righteousness to EVERYTHING in man as workings of evil, internal or external, are neither righteous or blessed. But condemned.

This division has been brought up before and you never ever factor in that fact, not on any subject.

What applies to YOU as a believer does in no way apply to the other working. If you say the tempter never tempts you in mind, or that if that happens it's not happening 'within' your claims will remain rightfully suspect on that basis alone. And when I say 'you' it is meant as a general observation for every believer, not just 'you.' I include myself in this same sight.

It's just poor accounting.

s

I will stay with Jesus the Holy Spirit and the Word of God given through the Apostles! I have received permission to preach and teach from the Lord, I dont think I will worry much about mens opinion!

It is the goodness of God that leads men to repentance.

the strength of sin is the law! The power over sin is the grace of God!

That does not change, I will not be moved!

Back