Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Where are the miracles?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
John 3:5 never mentions the word baptize, but says only by being born of water and spirit, which means water as living water, word of God, that no one can enter into the kingdom of God unless they are Spiritually renewed (born again) by the hearing of the word, which is Christ Jesus and by the Holy Spirit that came on them in the OT and indwells us in the NT. Many do read into the passage a preconceived idea or theology, but baptism is never mentioned in this verse. God's word is living water as described in John 4:4-26; 7:37-39; 12:44-50; Ephesians 5:26; 1 John 5:5-8; Jeremiah 17:13; Zechariah 14:8, 9; Rev 21:6-8; Ezekiel 47:22.

If salvation came by actual immersion in water Jesus clearly could have simply stated, "Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is baptized by being immersed in water and born of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.” Further, if Jesus had made such a statement, He would have contradicted numerous other Bible passages that make it clear that salvation is by faith (John 3:16; John 3:36; Ephesians 2:8-9; Titus 3:5).

Baptism is not mentioned in John chapter three so why do so many believe we are to be dunked in dirty river water as the water can not bring about Gods salvation, but only by faith do we believe as it comes by Gods grace, Ephesians 2:1-10, as we hear the gospel (word/living water) preached to us.

John's baptism was literal, but yet symbolic for cleansing after one repented of their sin. Notice in Mark 1:8 I have baptized you with (actual) water, but he (Jesus) will baptize you with the Holy Spirit. (Not water, but baptize you with the Holy Spirit after you have repented and made clean again through the washing of the word as you become a new creation in Christ.

There is nothing wrong with being baptized by immersion in water as it is an outward appearance to others that you have accepted Christ as your Lord and Savior.

Matthew 3:16 King James Version

16 And Jesus, when he was baptized, went up straightway out of the water: and, lo, the heavens were opened unto him, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove, and lighting upon him:

To be a True Disciple you must do everything that Yeshua/Jesus does. You must be Baptised in the river Jordan to be Saved.

Are you prepared to accept the possibility that John 3 is teaching about Baptism?

Where in John 3:3-7 is the word baptism written? You can not read in something that is not written there. The Baptism of Christ is for receiving the indwelling of the Holy Spirit after you have been Spiritually born again from above as this goes hand in hand.

Are we born again of actual water, or by the hearing of the word?

John 3:5 never mentions the word baptize, but says only by being born of water and spirit, which means water as living water, word of God, that no one can enter into the kingdom of God unless they are Spiritually renewed (born again) by the hearing of the word, which is Christ Jesus and by the Holy Spirit that came on them in the OT and indwells us in the NT. Many do read into the passage a preconceived idea or theology, but baptism is never mentioned in this verse. God's word is living water as described in John 4:4-26; 7:37-39; 12:44-50; Ephesians 5:26; 1 John 5:5-8; Jeremiah 17:13; Zechariah 14:8, 9; Rev 21:6-8; Ezekiel 47:22.

If salvation came by actual immersion in water Jesus clearly could have simply stated, "Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is baptized by being immersed in water and born of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.” Further, if Jesus had made such a statement, He would have contradicted numerous other Bible passages that make it clear that salvation is by faith (John 3:16; John 3:36; Ephesians 2:8-9; Titus 3:5).

Baptism is not mentioned in John chapter three so why do so many believe we are to be dunked in dirty river water as the water can not bring about Gods salvation or forgiveness of sin, but only by faith do we believe as it comes by Gods grace, Ephesians 2:1-10, as we hear the gospel (word/living water) preached to us.

John's baptism was literal, but yet symbolic for cleansing after one repented of their sin. Notice in Mark 1:8 I have baptized you with (actual) water, but he (Jesus) will baptize you with the Holy Spirit. (Not water, but baptize you with the Holy Spirit after you have repented and made clean again through the washing of the word as you become a new creation in Christ.

There is nothing wrong with being baptized by immersion in water as it is an outward appearance to others that you have accepted Christ as your Lord and Savior. No one should forbid anyone who wants to be baptized in water.

Act 10:44 While Peter yet spake these words, the Holy Ghost fell on all them which heard the word.
Act 10:45 And they of the circumcision which believed were astonished, as many as came with Peter, because that on the Gentiles also was poured out the gift of the Holy Ghost.
Act 10:46 For they heard them speak with tongues, and magnify God. Then answered Peter,
Act 10:47 Can any man forbid water, that these should not be baptized, which have received the Holy Ghost as well as we?
Act 10:48 And he commanded them to be baptized in the name of the Lord. Then prayed they him to tarry certain days.

Luke 3:2-3 King James Version

2 Annas and Caiaphas being the high priests, the word of God came unto John the son of Zacharias in the wilderness.

3 And he came into all the country about Jordan, preaching the baptism of repentance for the remission of sins;

for_his_glory, Are you saying that you can be saved without John's Baptism?

Is this Catholic Charismatic Renewal International Service (CHARIS) that is headquartered in the Vatican? Was the Evangelist a member of aforementioned movement?
No. Though Joe Donato was raised Catholic, he slipped away from that church in his youth and joined the mafia. He wrote a book titled Tell It To The Mafia that chronicled his sudden and dramatic conversion. The facility he had the healing service was at a place run by nuns. That was well over 40 years ago. It was held in a gymnasium so I suspect it was some sort of school. I seem to remember being told they did not have the blessing of the Church and were somewhat operating outside the Church authority. (bad girls)

Luke 6:46 King James Version

46 And why call ye me, Lord, Lord, and do not the things which I say?

Are you saying that it's possible to be a Christian without being a Disciple? The Fake Gospel is the one that does not do what Elohim/God tells them to do.
2 Corinthians 11:13-14 King James Version

13 For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into the apostles of Christ.

14 And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light.

The Fake are Pretenders.

You have not described the 'fake gospel'. Give me the fake gospel. Give me the true Gospel.

You did not answer my question. Do you equate discipleship with being born-again?

Quantrill

The Bible is full of extraordinary events. People were raised from the dead, seas were parted, water turned into wine. Where are the miracles of today? Where is God in modern times?
Sorry but I'm not sure some of those miracles actually occurred in the first place .
One miracle now.....the Catholic church survives despite rampant pedophilia and sinful coverups.
It just keeps going because there are SOME good people doing God's work. I would include Pope Francis in this.

Of course there are some good people in the catholic church, the same goes for every other denomination.
I believe that God has His people in all places. Will they come out of the churches, I believe so. They will Unite to worship God in harmony no matter which church they have belonged to.

The Bible is full of extraordinary events. People were raised from the dead, seas were parted, water turned into wine. Where are the miracles of today? Where is God in modern times?
If one does not believe in Moses, the prophets and Jesus they are unlikely to believe even if someone rises from the dead.

Those who listen and learn from the Father go to Jesus. The world can not see nor know the Spirit of God.(truth)

But Jesus stated if we believed in Him and obeyed His commands He and His Father would make their home within us.

You do realize that shortly after the people were saved by the sea being parted , these same people rejected the God who parted the sea and rescued them, and choose for themselves an image of gold instead ?:

" ..make us gods , which shall go before us , for as this Moses , the man that brought us out
of this land of Egypt we wot not what has become of him, "
( Exodus 32:1)

And in putting down this rebellion against the same God who parted the sea three thousand people were slain?:

" ..and there fell of the people that day about three thousand men."
( Exodus 32:1 )

Did you know also that after Lazarus was raised from the dead the political powers sought to have Lazarus murdered once and for all, because of the message that came with the miracle ?

Or the blind man that was given his sight was called before the council of leaders , called a liar , commanded to denounce Jesus and then thrown out of the Temple along with his parents , all due to the message attached to the miracle ?

" And the chief priests consulted that they might put Lazarus to death . "
( John 12: 10 )

If these miracles were performed today along with the same attached message, how do you think the response from today's world political powers to being told they are generation of vipers , thieves , murderers in need of God's salvation would be different than it was from the powers back then, who then nailed Jesus to a cross in response ?

Matthew 3:16 King James Version

16 And Jesus, when he was baptized, went up straightway out of the water: and, lo, the heavens were opened unto him, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove, and lighting upon him:

To be a True Disciple you must do everything that Yeshua/Jesus does. You must be Baptised in the river Jordan to be Saved.

Are you prepared to accept the possibility that John 3 is teaching about Baptism?
This is my reply to your post #61 and 62.

So, if I am following what you are saying all of us around the world must travel to the Jordon river to be baptized as we are not saved until we are fully immersed in the Jordon River!!! Have you gone to the Jordon River?

Lev 16:23 And Aaron shall come into the tabernacle of the congregation, and shall put off the linen garments, which he put on when he went into the holy place, and shall leave them there:
Lev 16:24 And he shall wash his flesh with water in the holy place, and put on his garments, and come forth, and offer his burnt offering, and the burnt offering of the people, and make an atonement for himself, and for the people.

The Mikveh (meaning a collection of water) in the OT was a bath used for the purpose of ritual immersion. Several biblical regulations specify that full immersion in water is required to regain ritual purity after ritually impure incidents have occured. In Priestly law, the ultimate purpose of ritual purification was to protect God's sanctuary, the tabernacle, from contamination, Leviticus chapter 15.

The Mikveh, being a shadow of John's baptism and the baptism of the Holy Spirit, was for purification, not for remission of sin, like that of what Esaias prophecied saying, The voice of one crying in the wilderness, Prepare ye the way of the Lord, make his paths straight, Isaiah 40:3. In those days came John the Baptist, preaching in the wilderness of Judaea, And saying, Repent ye: for the kingdom of heaven is at hand. And were baptized of him in Jordan, confessing their sins, Matthew 3:1-6. John said, I indeed baptize you with water unto repentance: but he that cometh after me is mightier than I, whose shoes I am not worthy to bear: he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost, and with fire, Matthew 3:11.

Ephesians 2:8 Salvation is by grace through faith in Jesus and not by works, which would make water baptism a work towards repentance. John said I must decrease and Jesus increase. John's water baptism was only for repentance as being prepared for the coming of the Lord as the water represented the washing away of sin, or as John put it "prepare ye the way of the Lord". It is not clear in scripture that Jesus ever baptized anyone in water even though He first came to John's water baptism as a fulfillment of prophecy as He had to identify with humanity even though He had no sin. This was the beginning of Christ ministry as the Holy Spirit fell down on Him that day as God gave Him full power and authority here on earth and there after Jesus went about teaching the disciples as it was not Jesus who the Pharisees heard that He baptized more than John did, John 4:1-3 but His disciples baptizing others in water for remission of sin after the death of John the Baptist as all together they would have baptized others in water for the remission of sin then John could at one time. Jesus could not baptize anyone in the Holy Spirit until the day of Pentecost after He ascended up to the Father and the Father sent down the indwelling Holy Spirit, Acts 2.

Again, where does it say baptism in that verse. You are reading and adding to that verse. God warns us to not add to or take away from His word, Rev 22:18-19.

Matthew 16:18 King James Version

18 And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

We are reviving the original Church cherished by Yeshua Messiah/Jesus Christ.

We totally reject Roman Catholicism and Protestantism.
This is very interesting.
There was some talk in the CC a few years back about bringing the church back to how it originally operated in the years right after Jesus' resurrection and until about 325 AD.

I doubt this could happen due to social pressure against change.
It took the new ideas of II Vatican Council about 50 years to achieve its goal.

So are you saying there's an actual denomination that wishes to do this?

How do you decide doctrine?
For instance...how is baptism viewed?
Is the host in communion changed ---- (transubstantiation - or the real presence)
Confession?

All of the above would indicate how far back you wish to go.

I've always been of the mind that being born of water most conspicuously refers to, born into human flesh. As in, her water broke, here comes the baby....and later in life we get born again in spirit.
I'd have to agree with you since Jesus said we must be born AGAIN...as if we were already born once.
Come take this to mean baptism...which is also possible.

I just believe the human birth idea makes the entire N.T. much easier to understand.
Like you said: About being born in the flesh first,,,and then again in the spirit.

No I am not. Just what seemed most obvious to me when I read thru that section. I'm full immersion baptized also. I'm not saying it isn't about baptism either.

No. Though Joe Donato was raised Catholic, he slipped away from that church in his youth and joined the mafia. He wrote a book titled Tell It To The Mafia that chronicled his sudden and dramatic conversion. The facility he had the healing service was at a place run by nuns. That was well over 40 years ago. It was held in a gymnasium so I suspect it was some sort of school. I seem to remember being told they did not have the blessing of the Church and were somewhat operating outside the Church authority. (bad girls)

Jeremiah 30:17 King James Version

17 For I will restore health unto thee, and I will heal thee of thy wounds, saith the Lord; because they called thee an Outcast, saying, This is Zion, whom no man seeketh after.

The possibility of real healing is becoming more believable now. Were these Nuns devoted celibate?

You have not described the 'fake gospel'. Give me the fake gospel. Give me the true Gospel.

You did not answer my question. Do you equate discipleship with being born-again?

Quantrill

Acts 17:11 King James Version

11 These were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so.

You have to search the Scriptures daily to see the difference between the True and the Fake. The Pharisees type studies daily throughout their lifetime yet do not hear or see the light of the gospel. What is the Pharisees missing that Elohim/God withholds his light?

To rephrase your question, is it possible to be Born Again without True Discipleship? Is being Born Again the same as being Born From Above?

This is my reply to your post #61 and 62.

So, if I am following what you are saying all of us around the world must travel to the Jordon river to be baptized as we are not saved until we are fully immersed in the Jordon River!!! Have you gone to the Jordon River?

Lev 16:23 And Aaron shall come into the tabernacle of the congregation, and shall put off the linen garments, which he put on when he went into the holy place, and shall leave them there:
Lev 16:24 And he shall wash his flesh with water in the holy place, and put on his garments, and come forth, and offer his burnt offering, and the burnt offering of the people, and make an atonement for himself, and for the people.

The Mikveh (meaning a collection of water) in the OT was a bath used for the purpose of ritual immersion. Several biblical regulations specify that full immersion in water is required to regain ritual purity after ritually impure incidents have occured. In Priestly law, the ultimate purpose of ritual purification was to protect God's sanctuary, the tabernacle, from contamination, Leviticus chapter 15.

The Mikveh, being a shadow of John's baptism and the baptism of the Holy Spirit, was for purification, not for remission of sin, like that of what Esaias prophecied saying, The voice of one crying in the wilderness, Prepare ye the way of the Lord, make his paths straight, Isaiah 40:3. In those days came John the Baptist, preaching in the wilderness of Judaea, And saying, Repent ye: for the kingdom of heaven is at hand. And were baptized of him in Jordan, confessing their sins, Matthew 3:1-6. John said, I indeed baptize you with water unto repentance: but he that cometh after me is mightier than I, whose shoes I am not worthy to bear: he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost, and with fire, Matthew 3:11.

Ephesians 2:8 Salvation is by grace through faith in Jesus and not by works, which would make water baptism a work towards repentance. John said I must decrease and Jesus increase. John's water baptism was only for repentance as being prepared for the coming of the Lord as the water represented the washing away of sin, or as John put it "prepare ye the way of the Lord". It is not clear in scripture that Jesus ever baptized anyone in water even though He first came to John's water baptism as a fulfillment of prophecy as He had to identify with humanity even though He had no sin. This was the beginning of Christ ministry as the Holy Spirit fell down on Him that day as God gave Him full power and authority here on earth and there after Jesus went about teaching the disciples as it was not Jesus who the Pharisees heard that He baptized more than John did, John 4:1-3 but His disciples baptizing others in water for remission of sin after the death of John the Baptist as all together they would have baptized others in water for the remission of sin then John could at one time. Jesus could not baptize anyone in the Holy Spirit until the day of Pentecost after He ascended up to the Father and the Father sent down the indwelling Holy Spirit, Acts 2.

Luke 1:5 King James Version

5 There was in the days of Herod, the king of Judaea, a certain priest named Zacharias, of the course of Abia: and his wife was of the daughters of Aaron, and her name was Elisabeth.

James 2:18 King James Version

18 Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: shew me thy faith without thy works, and I will shew thee my faith by my works.

Yes, you must travel to river Jordan to be Baptised, otherwise you are not and will never be Saved!!! No, I have not yet gone to river Jordan and that means I'm not Saved.

John is a Levite and Works demonstrates your Faith.

Again, where does it say baptism in that verse. You are reading and adding to that verse. God warns us to not add to or take away from His word, Rev 22:18-19.

for_his_glory, You are saying that you are not prepared to accept the possibility that John 3 is teaching about Baptism. Is that correct? If yes, It could be that you are blind.

Amen!! We heed the warnings of Elohim/God to not add or take away from his word.

Deuteronomy 4:2 King James Version

2 Ye shall not add unto the word which I command you, neither shall ye diminish ought from it, that ye may keep the commandments of the Lord your God which I command you.

This is very interesting.
There was some talk in the CC a few years back about bringing the church back to how it originally operated in the years right after Jesus' resurrection and until about 325 AD.

I doubt this could happen due to social pressure against change.
It took the new ideas of II Vatican Council about 50 years to achieve its goal.

How do you decide doctrine?
For instance...how is baptism viewed?
Is the host in communion changed ---- (transubstantiation - or the real presence)
Confession?

All of the above would indicate how far back you wish to go.

Matthew 28:18 King James Version

18 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.

The Father has given the Son All Power in heaven and in earth. The True Church of Yeshua Messiah/Jesus Christ has the Dominion.

No, there is not a denomination as we are non-denominational. This is a Spiritual Church and no earthly ownership of church building. We don't own a physical building. How doctrine is decided that is Supernatural. Members of the same body can be located in different spacetime.

It starts from Genesis!!!

Back