Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Where are the miracles?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$905.00
Goal
$1,038.00
As far as a fake Christian, you are only fake if you don't believe that Jesus is the Son of God and Saviour as is declared in the Scripture, but say you do. That is between you and God. You can fool me, but not Him.

But, in the church setting, where believers are gathered to worship God and Christ, and to break bread and the Word of Life together, the fake is easily revealed.

I personally believe it is quite dangerous for one to purposely enter such a fellowship with false intentions to prey upon the saints. God is quite jealous over His people and the worship that is directed toward Him.

Quantrill

2 Thessalonians 2:7-11 King James Version

7 For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he who now letteth will let, until he be taken out of the way.

8 And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming:

9 Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders,

10 And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.

11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:

Elohim/God has deluded those who have not really sought him that they should believe a lie. If you have heard of the real thing, you can see when the fake appears.

All things are done through Christ Jesus in His name as signs and wonders will follow the moving of the Holy Spirit. Those who receive from God will testify of Him through the miracles they receive. If the anointing of the Holy Spirit is not present then these type of false disciples are not anointed to be the disciples of Christ as they only give lip service to the Lord, but are void of Him inside. If you are indwelled with the Holy Spirit through the Spiritual rebirth from above then you will not be deceived as you grow in faith and truth of the doctrines of Christ.

Let me ask you, are you Spiritually born again and baptized in the Baptism of Christ for the receiving of the Holy Spirit?

By the screen name you use, are your eyes truly towards the Lord and if they are then you are not a fake, but a disciple in training as we all are in learning truth.
That question is much appreciated.

Matthew 11:10 Young's Literal Translation

10 for this is he of whom it hath been written, Lo, I do send My messenger before thy face, who shall prepare thy way before thee.

To be Spiritually born again and Baptised in Christ is John's Baptism required?

Is the Evangelist you mentioned Roman Catholic? Was it a Roman Catholic service? Do you believe the Roman Catholic Church does real Exorcisms? We are not Roman Catholic or Protestant.
Joe Donato was a non-denominational Evangelist. The service was held in a charismatic Catholic church.

Faith comes by hearing the preaching of God's word as demonstrated in Acts 2:14-41. Hopefully the below will help you understand the Baptism of Christ and His salvation.

Lev 16:23 And Aaron shall come into the tabernacle of the congregation, and shall put off the linen garments, which he put on when he went into the holy place, and shall leave them there:
Lev 16:24 And he shall wash his flesh with water in the holy place, and put on his garments, and come forth, and offer his burnt offering, and the burnt offering of the people, and make an atonement for himself, and for the people.

The Mikveh (meaning a collection of water) in the OT was a bath used for the purpose of ritual immersion. Several biblical regulations specify that full immersion in water is required to regain ritual purity after ritually impure incidents have occured. In Priestly law, the ultimate purpose of ritual purification was to protect God's sanctuary, the tabernacle, from contamination, Leviticus chapter 15.

The Mikveh, being a shadow of John's baptism and the baptism of the Holy Spirit, was for purification, not for remission of sin, like that of what Esaias prophecied saying, The voice of one crying in the wilderness, Prepare ye the way of the Lord, make his paths straight, Isaiah 40:3. In those days came John the Baptist, preaching in the wilderness of Judaea, And saying, Repent ye: for the kingdom of heaven is at hand. And were baptized of him in Jordan, confessing their sins, Matthew 3:1-6. John said, I indeed baptize you with water unto repentance: but he that cometh after me is mightier than I, whose shoes I am not worthy to bear: he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost, and with fire, Matthew 3:11.

Ephesians 2:8 Salvation is by grace through faith in Jesus and not by works, which would make water baptism a work towards repentance. John said I must decrease and Jesus increase. John's water baptism was only for repentance as being prepared for the coming of the Lord as the water represented the washing away of sin, or as John put it "prepare ye the way of the Lord". It is not clear in scripture that Jesus ever baptized anyone in water even though He first came to John's water baptism as a fulfillment of prophecy as He had to identify with humanity even though He had no sin. This was the beginning of Christ ministry as the Holy Spirit fell down on Him that day as God gave Him full power and authority here on earth and there after Jesus went about teaching the disciples as it was not Jesus who the Pharisees heard that He baptized more than John did, John 4:1-3 but His disciples baptizing others in water for remission of sin after the death of John the Baptist as all together they would have baptized others in water for the remission of sin then John could at one time. Jesus could not baptize anyone in the Holy Spirit until the day of Pentecost after He ascended up to the Father and the Father sent down the indwelling Holy Spirit, Acts 2.

John 3:5 never mentions the word baptize, but says only by being born of water and spirit, which means water as living water, word of God, that no one can enter into the kingdom of God unless they are Spiritually renewed (born again) by the hearing of the word, which is Christ Jesus and by the Holy Spirit that came on them in the OT and indwells us in the NT. Many do read into the passage a preconceived idea or theology, but baptism is never mentioned in this verse. God's word is living water as described in John 4:4-26; 7:37-39; 12:44-50; Ephesians 5:26; 1 John 5:5-8; Jeremiah 17:13; Zechariah 14:8, 9; Rev 21:6-8; Ezekiel 47:22.

If salvation came by actual immersion in water Jesus clearly could have simply stated, "Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is baptized by being immersed in water and born of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.” Further, if Jesus had made such a statement, He would have contradicted numerous other Bible passages that make it clear that salvation is by faith (John 3:16; John 3:36; Ephesians 2:8-9; Titus 3:5).

There is the case of the thief on the cross who repented, the women who was to be stoned for adultery, the women at the well, death bed confessions and even those who are incapacitated that can not be immersed in water. Does this mean they are not saved or born again, no. It means that no dirty river water is going to save anyone, but that it is only a symbol of repentance like that of John the baptist who called those to repent first. There is nothing wrong with being dunked in water, but know that it is only an outward appearance to others of what has already taken place Spiritually within you when you repented, accepted Jesus and was indwelled with the Holy Spirit.

Baptism is not mentioned in John chapter three so why do so many believe we are to be dunked in dirty river water as the water can not bring about Gods salvation, but only by faith do we believe as it comes by Gods grace, Ephesians 2:1-10, as we hear the gospel (word/living water) preached to us.

This is what the Jerusalem Bible says:
John 3:3 "I tell you most solemnly, unless a man is born from above, he can not see the kingdom of God."
John 3:5-7 "I tell you most solemnly, unless a man is born through water and the Spirit, he can not enter the kingdom of God. What is born of the flesh is flesh,(sin nature) what is born of the Spirit is spirit. Do not be surprised when I say you must be born from above.

One needs to hear the word of God, as word being living water, in order to know they have to be born again of the Spirit in order to see and enter the kingdom of God.

John's baptism was literal, but yet symbolic for cleansing after one repented of their sin. Notice in Mark 1:8 I have baptized you with (actual) water, but he (Jesus) will baptize you with the Holy Spirit. (Not water, but baptize you with the Holy Spirit after you have repented and made clean again through the washing of the word as you become a new creation in Christ.

Jesus never baptized anyone in literal water that we know of and also instructed the Disciples to wait upon the indwelling of the Holy Spirit, Acts chapter 1, and then commissioned them to go out preaching the Gospel (word/living water) and to baptize in the name of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit, Matthew 28:16-20.

Being born from above means being born from the heavenly word of God, not dirty river water. When Jesus was baptized by John it was for the fulfillment of Messiah come as the Holy Spirit fell down on Him. Jesus had no need of being baptized in water for the remission of sin.

2 Timothy 3:16 King James Version

16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

Yeshua Messiah/Jesus Christ did John's water Baptism and we must follow to be True Disciples. Are you saying that John 3 is not referring to John's Baptism?

Revelation 5:1-2 King James Version

5 And I saw in the right hand of him that sat on the throne a book written within and on the backside, sealed with seven seals.

2 And I saw a strong angel proclaiming with a loud voice, Who is worthy to open the book, and to loose the seals thereof

Church members have the same doctrine in common. If the members have been given false doctrine all of them are not real Christian?

Is Judas sincere in his walk with Elohim/God?

You cannot be True Disciple if you don't know the difference between the real and the fake. There has been over 2000 years history of spreading a fake gospel.

Again, are you equating 'discipleship' with being a Christian or born-again?

Describe the 'fake gospel'.

Quantrill

2 Thessalonians 2:7-11 King James Version

7 For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he who now letteth will let, until he be taken out of the way.

8 And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming:

9 Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders,

10 And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.

11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:

Elohim/God has deluded those who have not really sought him that they should believe a lie. If you have heard of the real thing, you can see when the fake appears.

Describe this 'fake' that you keep talking about. Describe the true.

Quantrill

The Bible is full of extraordinary events. People were raised from the dead, seas were parted, water turned into wine. Where are the miracles of today? Where is God in modern times?
Jesus didn't heal each and every person He came into contact with.
The Apostles healed persons.
There are healings even today but we don't hear about them...maybe because we're
too skeptical and we don't speak of them.

Lourdes reports thousands of miracles have occurred.
The Catholic Church investigated and found, I think, about 67 to be authentic...and I'm speaking of some years ago.
So we can be sure that at least 67 of the miracles claimed were in fact true miracles.

Maybe you experienced a miracle today and don't even know it.
Maybe it's a miracle every time we heal, maybe not.

Why maybe not? Because God set up a system here, a paradigm if you will.
We function and our bodies function and nature functions in this system.
For a miracle to occur, God would have to enter our time and cause something natural to change.
I don't think this is going to happen very often.

Is the Evangelist you mentioned Roman Catholic? Was it a Roman Catholic service? Do you believe the Roman Catholic Church does real Exorcisms? We are not Roman Catholic or Protestant.
May I ask what religion you follow?
And yes, the Catholic Church performs real exorcisms.

That question is much appreciated.

Matthew 11:10 Young's Literal Translation

10 for this is he of whom it hath been written, Lo, I do send My messenger before thy face, who shall prepare thy way before thee.

To be Spiritually born again and Baptised in Christ is John's Baptism required?
John 3:5 never mentions the word baptize, but says only by being born of water and spirit, which means water as living water, word of God, that no one can enter into the kingdom of God unless they are Spiritually renewed (born again) by the hearing of the word, which is Christ Jesus and by the Holy Spirit that came on them in the OT and indwells us in the NT. Many do read into the passage a preconceived idea or theology, but baptism is never mentioned in this verse. God's word is living water as described in John 4:4-26; 7:37-39; 12:44-50; Ephesians 5:26; 1 John 5:5-8; Jeremiah 17:13; Zechariah 14:8, 9; Rev 21:6-8; Ezekiel 47:22.

If salvation came by actual immersion in water Jesus clearly could have simply stated, "Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is baptized by being immersed in water and born of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.” Further, if Jesus had made such a statement, He would have contradicted numerous other Bible passages that make it clear that salvation is by faith (John 3:16; John 3:36; Ephesians 2:8-9; Titus 3:5).

Baptism is not mentioned in John chapter three so why do so many believe we are to be dunked in dirty river water as the water can not bring about Gods salvation, but only by faith do we believe as it comes by Gods grace, Ephesians 2:1-10, as we hear the gospel (word/living water) preached to us.

John's baptism was literal, but yet symbolic for cleansing after one repented of their sin. Notice in Mark 1:8 I have baptized you with (actual) water, but he (Jesus) will baptize you with the Holy Spirit. (Not water, but baptize you with the Holy Spirit after you have repented and made clean again through the washing of the word as you become a new creation in Christ.

There is nothing wrong with being baptized by immersion in water as it is an outward appearance to others that you have accepted Christ as your Lord and Savior.

Jesus didn't heal each and every person He came into contact with.
The Apostles healed persons.
There are healings even today but we don't hear about them...maybe because we're
too skeptical and we don't speak of them.

Lourdes reports thousands of miracles have occurred.
The Catholic Church investigated and found, I think, about 67 to be authentic...and I'm speaking of some years ago.
So we can be sure that at least 67 of the miracles claimed were in fact true miracles.

Maybe you experienced a miracle today and don't even know it.
Maybe it's a miracle every time we heal, maybe not.

Why maybe not? Because God set up a system here, a paradigm if you will.
We function and our bodies function and nature functions in this system.
For a miracle to occur, God would have to enter our time and cause something natural to change.
I don't think this is going to happen very often.

You got that right Sister. There's miracles everywhere and everyday now. A fine place to look is in the Testimony section of this very forum. I've posted a bunch of my own testimonies there about many supernaturnatural miracles that I have seen and the Lord has done for me personally.

I almost have a new testimony every day. That I woke up today with breath in my body is a testimony! Praise God for that! While I have recounted many miracles and testimonies here, I think only one or two of them can be actually proven. That is, others who witnessed what happened and that the testimony is truth. Many other of my testimonies were very real but I have no proof of that. But, and this is the odd thing, is that any time the Lord has done a miracle for me...He Always confirms it in one way or another, that it was Him. But He always seems to do this in a very personal way to me so that..it is confirmed to me but in such a way that I can't go offering proofs to some things He has done.

So it takes a bit f belief on a believers part to be able to perceive that something occured out of the norm. You have to be willing to believe it and receive it to yourself. There are also loads of testimonies on Youtube. I know that some may be fake and not real but one yardstick I use to measure the testimony's veracity is...is the person giving the testimony trying to sell you a book or dvd's? Most do not so why would they lie? No re4ason to lie when no money is being asked for.

BTW, I'll be needing your credit card number...(just Kidding!)

You got that right Sister. There's miracles everywhere and everyday now. A fine place to look is in the Testimony section of this very forum. I've posted a bunch of my own testimonies there about many supernaturnatural miracles that I have seen and the Lord has done for me personally.

I almost have a new testimony every day. That I woke up today with breath in my body is a testimony! Praise God for that! While I have recounted many miracles and testimonies here, I think only one or two of them can be actually proven. That is, others who witnessed what happened and that the testimony is truth. Many other of my testimonies were very real but I have no proof of that. But, and this is the odd thing, is that any time the Lord has done a miracle for me...He Always confirms it in one way or another, that it was Him. But He always seems to do this in a very personal way to me so that..it is confirmed to me but in such a way that I can't go offering proofs to some things He has done.

So it takes a bit f belief on a believers part to be able to perceive that something occured out of the norm. You have to be willing to believe it and receive it to yourself. There are also loads of testimonies on Youtube. I know that some may be fake and not real but one yardstick I use to measure the testimony's veracity is...is the person giving the testimony trying to sell you a book or dvd's? Most do not so why would they lie? No re4ason to lie when no money is being asked for.

BTW, I'll be needing your credit card number...(just Kidding!)
Ed,
You said something very important above.
I was speaking about this with my brother just this morning.
I highlighted it above...you said:

So it takes a bit f belief on a believers part to be able to perceive that something occured out of the norm. You have to be willing to believe it and receive it to yourself.

That is so true! One has to be able to perceive when the Holy Spirit is working in their lives.
This requires some sensitivity to God's communication with us.
Sometimes I don't notice that God is even speaking to me and sometimes I think He's stopped telling me things.
But then I think back on it and see why something happened or are aware of something God taught me.

My brother has the good fortune of seeing God in everything and hearing Him very well.
So yes, we need to be able to perceive that something occurred out of the norm...as you've said.

2 Timothy 3:16 King James Version

16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

Yeshua Messiah/Jesus Christ did John's water Baptism and we must follow to be True Disciples. Are you saying that John 3 is not referring to John's Baptism?
Where in John 3:3-7 is the word baptism written? You can not read in something that is not written there. The Baptism of Christ is for receiving the indwelling of the Holy Spirit after you have been Spiritually born again from above as this goes hand in hand.

Are we born again of actual water, or by the hearing of the word?

Baptism is not mentioned in John chapter three so why do so many believe we are to be dunked in dirty river water as the water can not bring about Gods salvation or forgiveness of sin, but only by faith do we believe as it comes by Gods grace, Ephesians 2:1-10, as we hear the gospel (word/living water) preached to us.

There is nothing wrong with being baptized by immersion in water as it is an outward appearance to others that you have accepted Christ as your Lord and Savior. No one should forbid anyone who wants to be baptized in water.

Act 10:44 While Peter yet spake these words, the Holy Ghost fell on all them which heard the word.
Act 10:45 And they of the circumcision which believed were astonished, as many as came with Peter, because that on the Gentiles also was poured out the gift of the Holy Ghost.
Act 10:46 For they heard them speak with tongues, and magnify God. Then answered Peter,
Act 10:47 Can any man forbid water, that these should not be baptized, which have received the Holy Ghost as well as we?
Act 10:48 And he commanded them to be baptized in the name of the Lord. Then prayed they him to tarry certain days.

Ed,
You said something very important above.
I was speaking about this with my brother just this morning.
I highlighted it above...you said:

So it takes a bit f belief on a believers part to be able to perceive that something occured out of the norm. You have to be willing to believe it and receive it to yourself.

That is so true! One has to be able to perceive when the Holy Spirit is working in their lives.
This requires some sensitivity to God's communication with us.
Sometimes I don't notice that God is even speaking to me and sometimes I think He's stopped telling me things.
But then I think back on it and see why something happened or are aware of something God taught me.

My brother has the good fortune of seeing God in everything and hearing Him very well.
So yes, we need to be able to perceive that something occurred out of the norm...as you've said.

That is very true. A couple times He has answered prayers for me but not in the way that I expected it to be, and He told me to make a certain phone call, which I did and found out that the prayer had been answered but in a different way.

And one time I needed help so I prayed in the morning for some money (or work, self-employed) and in the afternoon I was at my buddies house and I asked him if I could borrow some money. And instantly I had the thought that, I prayed to God this morning for money and now here I am asking my buddy, what kind of faith is that?! So I did not continue asking my buddy for money. And I went on home, and then it got answered. That night.

So we have to have faith that He WILL help us. Have faith in Him and don't worry about it. He wants us to endure in our faith and a lot of times the Lord comes through at the last minute but never late. That taught me, continue in the faith and look at what we are doing. Asking God for help, and then going to a man for help is not faith at all and so those no faith prayers might not get answered!

A forum member here that I am buddies with called me and told me the Lord told him to tell me to give my business to my son and move to Ohio...
Now I never had any plans to move back to Ohio. So I was like, what?! and in my mind, I began rejecting it...but he kept talking to me and began speaking of things in my life, that I know I had never told to him. But he was talking to me all about it. That was God's way of confirming it that this is a real message from God and was serious...So here I am. Confirmed. God always confirms everything in a way that...we know ourselves that this is not imagination. This is real.

So if you pray for something, it's done. Thank God for it and do NOT go to man to answer it and help you. Keep faith in God!

That is very true. A couple times He has answered prayers for me but not in the way that I expected it to be, and He told me to make a certain phone call, which I did and found out that the prayer had been answered but in a different way.

And one time I needed help so I prayed in the morning for some money (or work, self-employed) and in the afternoon I was at my buddies house and I asked him if I could borrow some money. And instantly I had the thought that, I prayed to God this morning for money and now here I am asking my buddy, what kind of faith is that?! So I did not continue asking my buddy for money. And I went on home, and then it got answered. That night.

So we have to have faith that He WILL help us. Have faith in Him and don't worry about it. He wants us to endure in our faith and a lot of times the Lord comes through at the last minute but never late. That taught me, continue in the faith and look at what we are doing. Asking God for help, and then going to a man for help is not faith at all and so those no faith prayers might not get answered!

A forum member here that I am buddies with called me and told me the Lord told him to tell me to give my business to my son and move to Ohio...
Now I never had any plans to move back to Ohio. So I was like, what?! and in my mind, I began rejecting it...but he kept talking to me and began speaking of things in my life, that I know I had never told to him. But he was talking to me all about it. That was God's way of confirming it that this is a real message from God and was serious...So here I am. Confirmed. God always confirms everything in a way that...we know ourselves that this is not imagination. This is real.

So if you pray for something, it's done. Thank God for it and do NOT go to man to answer it and help you. Keep faith in God!
That is a wonderful testimony Edward

I once read a poem about someone who prayed for something. The next day he tried to sort it himself but couldn't. So he prayed again. This went on for a long while, asking God for help, trying to fix it then asking again.
Eventually the man got really frustrated and said to God "I have asked for your help si many times why won't you help me?" God said "why di you adj and then straight away take it out of my hands.

I admire your faith Edward

I remember the incident with Ohio.
And it turned out well in the end.

As to going to men...yeah, sometimes we have to go to man...
like a doctor for example. But, I must be honest and say that I don't
trust them 100% and that's because they've been wrong at times.
I believe we're in God's hands.
And not always do our prayers get answered,,,fully.
But God always has an answer for us...whatever it may be and it will
be different in each circumstance.

Again, are you equating 'discipleship' with being a Christian or born-again?

Describe the 'fake gospel'.

Quantrill

Luke 6:46 King James Version

46 And why call ye me, Lord, Lord, and do not the things which I say?

Are you saying that it's possible to be a Christian without being a Disciple? The Fake Gospel is the one that does not do what Elohim/God tells them to do.

Describe this 'fake' that you keep talking about. Describe the true.

Quantrill

2 Corinthians 11:13-14 King James Version

13 For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into the apostles of Christ.

14 And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light.

The Fake are Pretenders.

May I ask what religion you follow?
And yes, the Catholic Church performs real exorcisms.

Matthew 16:18 King James Version

18 And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

We are reviving the original Church cherished by Yeshua Messiah/Jesus Christ.

We totally reject Roman Catholicism and Protestantism.

Back