Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Where are the miracles?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
The Bible is full of extraordinary events. People were raised from the dead, seas were parted, water turned into wine. Where are the miracles of today? Where is God in modern times?
God still works in modern times, and Jesus Christ's name has extreme power attached to it. Go to any church and stay there for years and you will see and experience lots of things. The most important thing for you, is to look out and work for blessings for yourself. Believe God can do it and persist and God will do it.

Really, I find the opposite in Scripture. It was the fact that people didnt see miracles all the time that made them amazing.

Where in Scripfure does it say if one doesn't expect to see miracles they won't?
Butch,
I don't think PaulChristensen meant it in a literal sense.

If you don't expect any miracles....
even if they happen, you will not perceive them.

I think this is what he meant.

IOW,,,one only sees what they want to see.

I bring this up all the time.....
There have been thousands of miracles, supposedly, at Lourdes in France.
This might be,,,however, the Catholic Church, which is very careful about pronouncing miracles these days,
confirmed over 600 actual miracles after intense investigation.

They happen. We just have to want to "see" them.

One of them is in Matthew

Matthew 13:58
58 Now He did not do many mighty works there because of their unbelief.../

See?
That's referring to the fact that they didn't believe Jesus. The post I referenced refers to people who do believe in Jesus. Where in Scripture do we find that Christians who don't believe they'll see miracles won't see them?

Butch,
I don't think PaulChristensen meant it in a literal sense.

If you don't expect any miracles....
even if they happen, you will not perceive them.

I think this is what he meant.

IOW,,,one only sees what they want to see.

I bring this up all the time.....
There have been thousands of miracles, supposedly, at Lourdes in France.
This might be,,,however, the Catholic Church, which is very careful about pronouncing miracles these days,
confirmed over 600 actual miracles after intense investigation.

They happen. We just have to want to "see" them.
Hi Wondering,

I don't doubt that God does miracles, I've seen them. What I doubt is people claiming they do miracles.

The Catholic Church and the Pentecostals seem to be the last 2 large Christian groups I can think of who truly believe in miracles. I found myself distancing myself from the Pentecostal belief system once it dawned on me that many of them call any and every good thing a "miracle." I thought it was harmless, at first, but...

not to nit pick, but it seems to fit a worldview in which devotion and genuine spiritual development have been replaced with "feelings" and having "The Lord speak to my heart and tell me...," etc. seems too widespread for me to deal with that sort of church, honestly.

Catholics? ugh. Not to knock the RCC, but...more and more, I find it to be the most dangerous, deceptive sort of false Christianity. Their approach to miracles cautious to me, at first, then it dawned on me: God is sovereign. God performs miracles, at times. Is the RCC really so close to God that the church can properly declare what is and is not miraculous? and if so...

Last edited by a moderator:
God still works in modern times, and Jesus Christ's name has extreme power attached to it. Go to any church and stay there for years and you will see and experience lots of things. The most important thing for you, is to look out and work for blessings for yourself. Believe God can do it and persist and God will do it.
I have to disagree to a certain extent as just by going to church does not prove God's miracles. It's within the testimony of others that have received God's blessings (miracles) as in answered prayer is when we learn to trust God for our self in His perfect timing for that which we are hopefully expecting from Him, but may never see. Sometimes what we pray for is not what God wants for us as God said "My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness".

The Catholic Church and the Pentecostals seem to be the last 2 large Christian groups I can think of who truly believe in miracles. I found myself distancing myself from the Pentecostal belief system once it dawned on me that many of them call any and every good thing a "miracle." I thought it was harmless, at first, but...

not to nit pick, but it seems to fit a worldview in which devotion and genuine spiritual development have been replaced with "feelings" and having "The Lord speak to my heart and tell me...," etc. seems too widespread for me to deal with that sort of church, honestly.

Catholics? ugh. Not to knock the RCC, but...more and more, I find it to be the most dangerous, deceptive sort of false Christianity. Their approach to miracles cautious to me, at first, then it dawned on me: God is sovereign. God performs miracles, at times. Is the RCC really so close to God that the church can properly declare what is and is not miraculous? and if so...

what's up with RCC history? antipopes, for instance. that was just weird. :)
I always knew that we're not to go by our FEELINGS but by what we know to be true.
Feelings come and go....
I mean, it's wonderful when we feel the Holy Spirit close to us..but even if we don't, we know He's there.

As to miracles....when I say they investigate, that's what they do.
Even some cancers can automatically go into remission on their own - so this would seem like a miracle even though it wouldn't be.
The investigations they conducted were to ascertain that the miracles were true.

Last edited by a moderator:
One of them is in Matthew

Matthew 13:58
58 Now He did not do many mighty works there because of their unbelief.../

See?
That is true but not the same context.
They didn't believe in Jesus as Lord or Christ or the Son of God.

“Isn’t this the carpenter’s son? Isn’t his mother’s name Mary, and aren’t his brothers James, Joseph, Simon and Judas? 56 Aren’t all his sisters with us? Where then did this man get all these things?” 57 And they took offense at him.

No miracles today? :biggrin2Christ for all Nations sees miracles by the thousands at every crusade they have on my continent! You should read Living a Life of Fire by Reinhardt Bonnke.
My heavens, I see miracle reports on my Facebook feed every week. I've seen healing with my own eyes.
My work means I watch people's lives transform as God heals their emotional and mental health.
It's the BEST part of my job. I love watching God work miracles. Miracles happen EVERY DAY, God hasn't stopped moving at all, we just stopped watching him.

Really, I find the opposite in Scripture. It was the fact that people didnt see miracles all the time that made them amazing.

Where in Scripfure does it say if one doesn't expect to see miracles they won't?
When Jesus went to His own home town, as has already been said.

Back