Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Who Are The Two Witnesses?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Does it say? Aim thy rock at the forehead of the enemy.
Ot
Alert the heavenly forces to take care of the problem at these coordinates. Vengeance is Gods and he will repay.

There was a time when His people did the punishment.

I have tried to turn in my bag of rocks. Regretfully at times I have to remind myself to stop looking for rocks. Lead us not into temptation.

Did I mess it up?

eddif
If you dropped your rock,you didn't mess up.But there are two witnesses who cast all the rocks they can find.

God does not cast any rocks till judgement day.Those two witnesses decided they would cast their rocks 42 months before God casts any.

The Bible describes an olive branch being grafted in not the entire tree
The genetics are the same throughout the tree. We leave behind the root of bitterness, and are grafted in.
Romans 11:17 kjv
17. And if some of the branches be broken off, and thou, being a wild olive tree, wert graffed in among them, and with them partakest of the root and fatness of the olive tree;

It could be as an individual we are a branch , but as a gentile nation a tree. I do not know. The main idea is (Grafted in).

eddif

The genetics are the same throughout the tree. We leave behind the root of bitterness, and are grafted in.
Romans 11:17 kjv
17. And if some of the branches be broken off, and thou, being a wild olive tree, wert graffed in among them, and with them partakest of the root and fatness of the olive tree;

It could be as an individual we are a branch , but as a gentile nation a tree. I do not know. The main idea is (Grafted in).

eddif
It is as an individual we are a branch, and as tree we are Gentiles. The only way to leave that wild tree is faith in Christ, at which point we are broken off and grafted in.

Nasb translates it as wild olive in verse 17 and that is up to the translators discretion, it is contextual and can be translated either way.

17But if some of the branches were broken off, and you, being a wild olive, were grafted inamong them and became partaker with them of the [j]rich root of the olive tree

When we read 11:24 and through the context, we can easily determine that branches are being broken off and replaced by other branches.

Branches broken off the natural tree for unbelief, with the opportunity to be grafted back in. On the other hand, branches broken off the wild tree, for their belief and being grafted into the natural (holy) tree. You don’t want to remain on that Gentile tree, that would signify you remained an unbeliever. You would have not right to share in the fatness of the root of that holy tree.

If you dropped your rock,you didn't mess up.But there are two witnesses who cast all the rocks they can find.

God does not cast any rocks till judgement day.Those two witnesses decided they would cast their rocks 42 months before God casts any.
Look I am not an expert in this.
But
Sometimes
God uses gentiles to chastise his people
And gentiles in confusion against themselves
And I think I detect Babylon being punished by those who do business with Babylon and then mourning at the destruction.

I could have messed up somewhere, but check if there could be some of what I said.

eddif

Look I am not an expert in this.
But
Sometimes
God uses gentiles to chastise his people
And gentiles in confusion against themselves
And I think I detect Babylon being punished by those who do business with Babylon and then mourning at the destruction.

I could have messed up somewhere, but check if there could be some of what I said.

eddif
If the not mistaken,drunken Babylon whom the two witnesses spend 42 months with is punished by God the same day the two witnesses rise from the dead.It is judgement day.
The great earthquake that hits that city is a good indication .

Revelation 11

13 And the same hour was there a great earthquake, and the tenth part of the city fell, and in the earthquake were slain of men seven thousand: and the remnant were affrighted, and gave glory to the God of heaven.

Revelation 16:28-19
And there were voices, and thunders, and lightnings; and there was a great earthquake, such as was not since men were upon the earth, so mighty an earthquake, and so great.
And the great city was divided into three parts, and the cities of the nations fell: and great Babylon came in remembrance before God, to give unto her the cup of the wine of the fierceness of his wrath.

God is punishing Babylon for all the sins she committed while the two witnesses were there.The woman flees into the wilderness when the two witnesses arrive in Israel so she does not commit those sins.

Revelation 12
6 And the woman fled into the wilderness, where she hath a place prepared of God, that they should feed her there a thousand two hundred and threescore days.

Jeremiah 51:8-11
Babylon will suddenly fall and be broken. Wail over her! Get balm for her pain; perhaps she can be healed.

We would have healed Babylon, but she cannot be healed; let us leave her and each go to our own land, for her judgment reaches to the skies, it rises as high as the heavens.’

The LORD has vindicated us; come, let us tell in Zion what the LORD our God has done.’

Sharpen the arrows, take up the shields! The LORD has stirred up the kings of the Medes, because his purpose is to destroy Babylon. The LORD will take vengeance, vengeance for his temple.

Iran overcomes the two witnesses and apostate Israel.They are given into Irans hands to do as they please.

Last edited:
If the not mistaken,drunken Babylon whom the two witnesses spend 42 months with is punished by God the same day the two witnesses rise from the dead.It is judgement day.
The great earthquake that hits that city is a good indication .

Revelation 11

13 And the same hour was there a great earthquake, and the tenth part of the city fell, and in the earthquake were slain of men seven thousand: and the remnant were affrighted, and gave glory to the God of heaven.

Revelation 16:28-19
And there were voices, and thunders, and lightnings; and there was a great earthquake, such as was not since men were upon the earth, so mighty an earthquake, and so great.
And the great city was divided into three parts, and the cities of the nations fell: and great Babylon came in remembrance before God, to give unto her the cup of the wine of the fierceness of his wrath.

God is punishing Babylon for all the sins she committed while the two witnesses were there.The woman flees into the wilderness when the two witnesses arrive in Israel so she does not commit those sins.

Revelation 12
6 And the woman fled into the wilderness, where she hath a place prepared of God, that they should feed her there a thousand two hundred and threescore days.

Jeremiah 51:8-11
Babylon will suddenly fall and be broken. Wail over her! Get balm for her pain; perhaps she can be healed.

We would have healed Babylon, but she cannot be healed; let us leave her and each go to our own land, for her judgment reaches to the skies, it rises as high as the heavens.’

The LORD has vindicated us; come, let us tell in Zion what the LORD our God has done.’

Sharpen the arrows, take up the shields! The LORD has stirred up the kings of the Medes, because his purpose is to destroy Babylon. The LORD will take vengeance, vengeance for his temple.

Iran overcomes the two witnesses and apostate Israel.They are given into Irans hands to do as they please.
That is the concept I was speaking of. Good job.

It gets tough to separate good guy folks as
witnesses, from bad guy folks (used by God)
as witnesses to accomplish God’s will.

eddif

That is the concept I was speaking of. Good job.

It gets tough to separate good guy folks as
witnesses, from bad guy folks (used by God)
as witnesses to accomplish God’s will.

eddif
It's not tough if you judge a tree by it's fruit.If God wanted Christ and the apostles to kill and torment people then they would have.Insted they were persecuted ,tormented,and killed.

The two witnesses are the exact opposite of the example Christ and the apostles have set.The two witnesses perform the same works as those who persecuted Christ and the apostles.
It's really not that hard to comprehend.

15 Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.

16 Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?

17 Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit.

18 A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.

19 Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.

20 Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.

Zechariah 4:1-6; 4:11-14 explains that these two witnesses are the word of God in all power and might and the Holy Spirit which is the oil that is poured out on those who God anoints with His Holy Spirit. There are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, Jesus and the Holy Spirit that are one and three that bear witness in earth as being the Holy Spirit, the word and the blood of Jesus and these three agree in one, 1 John 5:7, 8. Only God can give power to act on His word as the Holy Spirit and Jesus bare witness to Gods power and authority especially through signs and wonders.
Excellent post. John Apostle in his 3rd epistle said unto the wellbeloved Gaius: "v.4 - I have no greater joy than to hear that my children walk in truth. --> I believe you seek to do the same as our ancient brother Gaius of the primitive Church of the Lord, from whom John give us a wonderful testimony.

To confirm what you said, I would like to post a message posted in another site according your interpretation above. Here goes: About Revelation 12: 14-17: -

And to the woman were given two wings of a great eagle, that she might fly into the wilderness, into her place, where she is nourished for a time, and times, and half a time (1260 days or three years and half-42months), from the face of the serpent. The TWO WINGS OF GREAT EAGLE are the Old and New Testaments-the Word of GOD - and the Word is GOD; and GOD said: I will give Power unto my two witnesses (two Candlesticks-two Churches for now), and they shall prophesy a thousand two hundred and threescore days, clothed in sackcloth. (Why clothed in sackcloth? --> Because will be a time of great persecution by the Beast of sea first-Revelation 13:4-10- for 1260 days - three years and half-42 months - , it will be a similar fact as we can see in Esther 3:7 to 15 and 4:1 to 17. Chapters 5 to 10 is very important to read too).

These are the two olive trees(SOURCE OF OIL FOR THE TWO CANDLESTICKS), and the two candlesticks (TWO CHURCHES - JEWISH CHURCH AND GENTILE CHURCH - BOTH ARE IN ONE BODY OF CHRIST) standing before the God of the earth. These have power to shut heaven, that it rain not in the days of their prophecy: and have power over waters to turn them to blood(waters mean, peoples, and nations, and multitudes of all tongues-Revelation 17:v.15) and to smite the earth with all plagues, as often as they will.

And when they shall have finished their testimony(after 1260 days-the FIRST HALF OF THE LAST WEEK), the BEAST that ascendeth out of the BOTTOMLESS PIT(THE MAN BEAST OF THE EARTH LIKE A LAMB WITH TWO HORNS-i.e. TWO KINGDOMS-HE SPEAKS AS DRAGON-HE IS A FALSE MESSIAH, AN ESOTERIC, AND KABBALISTIC, AND SPIRITIST MESSIAH-JOHN 5:V.43-47 WITH REVELATION 13:V.11-18) he shall make WAR against them(AGAINST THE TWO CHURCHES-THE BODY OF CHRIST), and shall overcome them, and kill them -Revelation 9: v.1-3: -
1 And the fifth angel sounded, and I saw A STAR fall from heaven unto the earth: and to HIM(AND TO STAR) was given the key of the bottomless pit.
2 And HE(THE STAR) opened the bottomless pit; and there arose a smoke out of the pit, as the smoke of a great furnace; and the SUN AND THE AIR WERE(WILL BE) DARKNED by reason of the smoke of the pit.
3 And there came out of the smoke locusts upon the earth: and unto them was given Power, as the scorpions of the earth have Power. ---> verse 11- And they have a king over them, which is the angel of the bottomless pit, whose name in the Hebrew tongue is Abaddom.(HERE THE PERIOD OF THE 2ND HALF OF THE LAST WEEK) REVELATION 12:v.15-17 15 And the serpent -the red Dragon- cast out of his MOUTH water as a flood after the woman-THE CHURCH-, that he might cause her to be carried away of the flood. (was given unto him a MOUTH speaking great things and blasphemies; and power was given unto him to continue forty and two months). And he opened his mouth in blasphemy against GOD, to blaspheme his name, and his tabernacle, and them that dwell in heaven. And it was given unto him to make war with the saints.
16 And the earth-THE RESTAURED 12 TRIBES OF ISRFAEL-the 144K- helped(will help) the woman, and the earth(the restaured Israel-the 144K-12 tribes) opened her mouth, and swallowed up the flood which the (red)Dragon-the Jewish false messiah- cast out of his MOUTH.
17 And the Dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make WAR with the REMNANT of her seed, which keep the commandments of GOD, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ. - The testimony of JESUS is the Spirit of prophecy-Revelation 19:v.10 - Blessed is he that waiteth, and cometh to the thousand three hundred and five and thirty days. the Day 1335, the wonderful, and glorious, and indescribable Day 1335 - 75 days after the END of the 2nd half of the last week, the week 70th of Daniel 9:v.27. Yes, blessed is he. Amen

The War is against three unclean spirits like frogs, a satanic trinity. https://purebibleforum.com/index.php?threads/three-unclean-spirits-like-frogs-why-frogs.2438/

Similarity between the Red Sea and the Red Dragon. https://purebibleforum.com/index.ph...ng-by-the-red-sea-and-by-the-red-dragon.2439/

May our Lord GOD bless and keep us, and give us His protection
Amen

Isaiah 19:24 kjv
24. In that day shall Israel be the third with Egypt and with Assyria, even a blessing in the midst of the land:
25. Whom the LORD of hosts shall bless, saying, Blessed be Egypt my people, and Assyria the work of my hands, and Israel mine inheritance.

eddif

Excellent post. John Apostle in his 3rd epistle said unto the wellbeloved Gaius: "v.4 - I have no greater joy than to hear that my children walk in truth. --> I believe you seek to do the same as our ancient brother Gaius of the primitive Church of the Lord, from whom John give us a wonderful testimony.

To confirm what you said, I would like to post a message posted in another site according your interpretation above. Here goes: About Revelation 12: 14-17: -

And to the woman were given two wings of a great eagle, that she might fly into the wilderness, into her place, where she is nourished for a time, and times, and half a time (1260 days or three years and half-42months), from the face of the serpent. The TWO WINGS OF GREAT EAGLE are the Old and New Testaments-the Word of GOD - and the Word is GOD; and GOD said: I will give Power unto my two witnesses (two Candlesticks-two Churches for now), and they shall prophesy a thousand two hundred and threescore days, clothed in sackcloth. (Why clothed in sackcloth? --> Because will be a time of great persecution by the Beast of sea first-Revelation 13:4-10- for 1260 days - three years and half-42 months - , it will be a similar fact as we can see in Esther 3:7 to 15 and 4:1 to 17. Chapters 5 to 10 is very important to read too).

These are the two olive trees(SOURCE OF OIL FOR THE TWO CANDLESTICKS), and the two candlesticks (TWO CHURCHES - JEWISH CHURCH AND GENTILE CHURCH - BOTH ARE IN ONE BODY OF CHRIST) standing before the God of the earth. These have power to shut heaven, that it rain not in the days of their prophecy: and have power over waters to turn them to blood(waters mean, peoples, and nations, and multitudes of all tongues-Revelation 17:v.15) and to smite the earth with all plagues, as often as they will.

And when they shall have finished their testimony(after 1260 days-the FIRST HALF OF THE LAST WEEK), the BEAST that ascendeth out of the BOTTOMLESS PIT(THE MAN BEAST OF THE EARTH LIKE A LAMB WITH TWO HORNS-i.e. TWO KINGDOMS-HE SPEAKS AS DRAGON-HE IS A FALSE MESSIAH, AN ESOTERIC, AND KABBALISTIC, AND SPIRITIST MESSIAH-JOHN 5:V.43-47 WITH REVELATION 13:V.11-18) he shall make WAR against them(AGAINST THE TWO CHURCHES-THE BODY OF CHRIST), and shall overcome them, and kill them -Revelation 9: v.1-3: -
1 And the fifth angel sounded, and I saw A STAR fall from heaven unto the earth: and to HIM(AND TO STAR) was given the key of the bottomless pit.
2 And HE(THE STAR) opened the bottomless pit; and there arose a smoke out of the pit, as the smoke of a great furnace; and the SUN AND THE AIR WERE(WILL BE) DARKNED by reason of the smoke of the pit.
3 And there came out of the smoke locusts upon the earth: and unto them was given Power, as the scorpions of the earth have Power. ---> verse 11- And they have a king over them, which is the angel of the bottomless pit, whose name in the Hebrew tongue is Abaddom.(HERE THE PERIOD OF THE 2ND HALF OF THE LAST WEEK) REVELATION 12:v.15-17 15 And the serpent -the red Dragon- cast out of his MOUTH water as a flood after the woman-THE CHURCH-, that he might cause her to be carried away of the flood. (was given unto him a MOUTH speaking great things and blasphemies; and power was given unto him to continue forty and two months). And he opened his mouth in blasphemy against GOD, to blaspheme his name, and his tabernacle, and them that dwell in heaven. And it was given unto him to make war with the saints.
16 And the earth-THE RESTAURED 12 TRIBES OF ISRFAEL-the 144K- helped(will help) the woman, and the earth(the restaured Israel-the 144K-12 tribes) opened her mouth, and swallowed up the flood which the (red)Dragon-the Jewish false messiah- cast out of his MOUTH.
17 And the Dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make WAR with the REMNANT of her seed, which keep the commandments of GOD, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ. - The testimony of JESUS is the Spirit of prophecy-Revelation 19:v.10 - Blessed is he that waiteth, and cometh to the thousand three hundred and five and thirty days. the Day 1335, the wonderful, and glorious, and indescribable Day 1335 - 75 days after the END of the 2nd half of the last week, the week 70th of Daniel 9:v.27. Yes, blessed is he. Amen

The War is against three unclean spirits like frogs, a satanic trinity. https://purebibleforum.com/index.php?threads/three-unclean-spirits-like-frogs-why-frogs.2438/

Similarity between the Red Sea and the Red Dragon. https://purebibleforum.com/index.ph...ng-by-the-red-sea-and-by-the-red-dragon.2439/

May our Lord GOD bless and keep us, and give us His protection
Amen
Great interpretation. There are not that many that have these understandings as it takes a deep search of scriptures between the OT and NT to understand all of it.

Great interpretation. There are not that many that have these understandings as it takes a deep search of scriptures between the OT and NT to understand all of it.
Greetings in Christ JESUS, sister

Praised be the Lord

We know how our GOD works with us and in us. It is good to remember that GOD works wonders through His people. Hallelujah!

According to 1 Corinthians 12:4-11:

4 Now there are diversities of gifts, but the same Spirit.

5 And there are differences of administrations, but the same Lord.

6 And there are diversities of operations, but it is the same God which worketh all in all.

7 But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to every man to profit withal.

8 For to one is given by the Spirit the word of wisdom; to another the word of knowledge by the same Spirit;

9 To another faith by the same Spirit; to another the gifts of healing by the same Spirit;

10 To another the working of miracles; to another prophecy; to another discerning of spirits; to another divers kinds of tongues; to another the interpretation of tongues:

11 But all these worketh that one and the selfsame Spirit, dividing to every man severally as he will.

1 Corinthians 2:7 and 10
7 But we speak the wisdom of GOD in a mystery, even the hidden wisdom, which GOD ordained before the world unto our glory:
10 But GOD hath revealed them unto us by His Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of GOD.

JESUS promised, hallelujah : Matthew 25:29
29 For unto every one that hath shall be given, and he shall have abundance: but from him that hath not shall be taken away even that which he hath.

Now unto the King Eternal, Immortal, Invisible, the only wise GOD, be Honour and Glory for ever and ever. Amen. 1 Timothy 1:17

Greetings in Christ JESUS, sister

Praised be the Lord

We know how our GOD works with us and in us. It is good to remember that GOD works wonders through His people. Hallelujah!

According to 1 Corinthians 12:4-11:

4 Now there are diversities of gifts, but the same Spirit.

5 And there are differences of administrations, but the same Lord.

6 And there are diversities of operations, but it is the same God which worketh all in all.

7 But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to every man to profit withal.

8 For to one is given by the Spirit the word of wisdom; to another the word of knowledge by the same Spirit;

9 To another faith by the same Spirit; to another the gifts of healing by the same Spirit;

10 To another the working of miracles; to another prophecy; to another discerning of spirits; to another divers kinds of tongues; to another the interpretation of tongues:

11 But all these worketh that one and the selfsame Spirit, dividing to every man severally as he will.

1 Corinthians 2:7 and 10
7 But we speak the wisdom of GOD in a mystery, even the hidden wisdom, which GOD ordained before the world unto our glory:
10 But GOD hath revealed them unto us by His Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of GOD.

JESUS promised, hallelujah : Matthew 25:29
29 For unto every one that hath shall be given, and he shall have abundance: but from him that hath not shall be taken away even that which he hath.

Now unto the King Eternal, Immortal, Invisible, the only wise GOD, be Honour and Glory for ever and ever. Amen. 1 Timothy 1:17
It's a shame that so many believe these gifts of the Holy Spirit were only given to the Apostles and no longer exist.

No,the two witnesses are not said to build anything.
They just kill and torment people.
Here is where it says they kill people.

5 And if any man will hurt them, fire proceedeth out of their mouth, and devoureth their enemies: and if any man will hurt them, he must in this manner be killed.

Here is where it says they torment people.

10 And they that dwell upon the earth shall rejoice over them, and make merry, and shall send gifts one to another; because these two prophets tormented them that dwelt on the earth.

See how easy that was for me to posts those two verses without adding anything to them.

Now let's see you post the verse that says those two witnesses build something.
I assure you.The word build is not found in that chapter at all.
So did Moses torment and kill people?
Was Moses sent by God or the Devil?

Moses didn't part the red sea.God did.Theres a difference between God and Moses as the there is a difference between the king of the norths armed forces and God.

Just because fire comes out of the mouths of the leaders of the armed forces,does not mean they speak for God.

John 19:11
Jesus answered, “You would have no power over me if it were not given to you from above. Therefore the one who handed me over to you is guilty of a greater sin.”

Just because Pilate was given power from above,does not mean he was of God or doing God's work.
Same as the two witnesses,just because they have the power to kill and torment others does not mean they follow the Lamb.

John 19:11
Jesus answered, “You would have no power over me if it were not given to you from above. Therefore the one who handed me over to you is guilty of a greater sin.”

Just because Pilate was given power from above,does not mean he was of God or doing God's work.
Same as the two witnesses,just because they have the power to kill and torment others does not mean they follow the Lamb.
Where is your proof that they do not?

Revelation 11:8

And their dead bodies will lie on the street of the great city which [f]spiritually is calledSodom and Egypt, where also their Lord was crucified.

The thinking that 2 witnesses are evil, is madness.

Jesus is their Lord.

Last edited:
Revelation 11:8

And their dead bodies will lie on the street of the great city which [f]spiritually is calledSodom and Egypt, where also their Lord was crucified.

The thinking that 2 witnesses are evil, is madness.

Jesus is their Lord.
No ,its madness to believe you should kill and torment others in the name of Jesus Christ.

But since you believe Christians are supposed to kill and torment others in Jesus name,how many people have you killed?

Where is your proof that they do not?
My proof is the gospel of Jesus Christ.

Mathew 7:12
So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets.

Show me where the Lamb of God commands his followers to kill and torment others.
I can quote many verses where Jesus commands his servants to not do evil to others.
Can you show me one verse where Jesus tells any of his followers to hurt another human being?

My proof is the gospel of Jesus Christ.

Mathew 7:12
So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets.

Show me where the Lamb of God commands his followers to kill and torment others.
Your Mathew 7:12 reference would back up the claim that the witnesses are of God.
People are going to shut the mouth of God... what would be your solution if someone wanted to silence the Word of God?

The OT had lots of people being killed by Gods people.
And yes that would be the Lamb of God commanding this of His people. For He is the Word of God.

Back