Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

Who is the "generation of the figtree?"

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
sigh. reba and others dont espouse the idea that christ came again. they have made that clear. hitch and reba are partial preterists.

that view was common in the church from what i gather till about the late 19th century. i dont agree with that but most reformers are that way.
Ever looked at one of those pictures that shows one picture and then you move and it shows another picture? That is how the posts have been of several preterists or partial preterists. Fundamental christians would be partial preterists for we all believe that Jesus prophecied of the destruction of Jerusalem in the first century and that it happened in the first century. However the fundamentalists christian believes that the return of Christ is yet to occur, and that is the dividing line. I see anyone who would teach that Jesus is not returning to gather the believers as described in Matt24,Mark13, and Luke 21, as being antichrist because such a belief guts the gospel message.

A spirit that would led a person to teach that Jesus is not going to return and gather the believers and defeat the antichrist and bind the devil,has to be another spirit and not the Holy Spirit. Paul in the NT taught a lot about false brethern,what better way to lead the sheep astray than to appear as a sheep. We should never assume that everyone that claims to be a christian is a christian,we are to discern the spirits,I find that the salvation experience is a good way to expose a wolf in sheep clothing. A real christian should be able to tell you how they were saved.
I answered you on another thread....

hread: Who Accepts Whom?

by reba Replies56Views642
Re: Who Accepts Whom?

Sam, I kinda think testimonys fit the OP!

I was blessed to be born to a Bible School student. Dad was a AofG pastor for about 50 years... Not denying dad had faults but he was the most Christ...​

Hi LH: Part of the problem is that I do not recognize WHAT YOU BELIEVE much of the time. If you believe satan is presently in the lake of fire then it would seem that you believe that just about all of Rev has occured. You know, a belief is only as credible as the evidence to support that belief,so what evidence do you present that all of Rev has occured?

What evidence for Preterism? I hope you brought enough of what you're smoking for everyone bc evidence in scripture & history is just about all I've presented in months of posting!

Sam, not just about all of Revelation has occurred- but ALL of Rev. has occurred!
Rev.1 & Rev. 22 repeats the same- "the things which shortly take place."
That includes all! It's in the aortic past tense! From the very 1st time I read it - even though strange & weird- I knew it wasn't affecting me today.

I'll paste this very good article on Satan from the one of best Preterist sites:
Do read it when you have time.
The Binding of Satan | eschatology.org

Ever looked at one of those pictures that shows one picture and then you move and it shows another picture? That is how the posts have been of several preterists or partial preterists. Fundamental christians would be partial preterists for we all believe that Jesus prophecied of the destruction of Jerusalem in the first century and that it happened in the first century. However the fundamentalists christian believes that the return of Christ is yet to occur, and that is the dividing line. I see anyone who would teach that Jesus is not returning to gather the believers as described in Matt24,Mark13, and Luke 21, as being antichrist because such a belief guts the gospel message.
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Sam21
In the case of people such as yourself,no, I do not believe that God is able to communicate with you. The second return of Christ is the most dynamic event in the history of the world according to the bible,yet you chose to believe that it came and went without secular or religious history even recording it...totally absurd.
Quote me saying that Sam

The thread seemed to have derailed from the original question. So I'm bumping it with the preterist answer & its supporting Scriptures:

YouTube - Full Preterism - Israel's Fig Tree

Full preterism is a very fanciful notion based on an accumulation of only happy thoughts. To that general extent, I would say that is certainly good advice, but it does not reflect our present reality.

If the cause of full pre is to say that all of Rev. is done and gone, one might simply take a look at what else 'should' be also gone, were that case even remotely true:

Revelation 21:4
And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.

Even at the site you pasted, they acknowledge the existence of these things, and attribute it to the 'influences' of Satan just as one might be moved by reading Aristotle or Socrates.

There still are, in this present life, those things of Rev. 21:4.

Full preterism contains many flaws, the above probably the least of it. It requires the Words of God and His Christ to be locked into a certain time of applicability, and after (their selective views) are inserted, then those Words are simply no longer applicable, particularly on the dark side of the ledgers.

The axiom to adhere to full preterism is to simply 'ignore' the facts of the existence of those things and think only happy thoughts, and in the final analysis, if you cannot, then you are flawed in mind and you have 'little' faith. You are faulted. Too bad.

Typical pump and dump schemes of false messages. One may as well listen to Norman Vincent Peale and ignore the text altogether.

Sin still remains. Death, sorrow, crying, tears, pain 'all' are still here in the present environment.

So no, Revelation is assuredly not finished yet. Full preterism is simply another lie.

The finality of this present life is contained here:

1 Cor. 15:
52In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed. 53For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.
54So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory.

The power of death upon corruptible flesh has not been eradicated.

We who believe have an earnest deposit that fosters the hope of eternal life 'when' it actually transpires. We are even stated to be 'seated in the heavenlies' with Christ, even though that matter is presently hidden 'with Him.'

Colossians 3:3
For you died, and your life is now hidden with Christ in God.

Full preterism requires ignorance of present realities and present struggles, in exchange for what? Wipe away the Word of God. Only take the 'good things' and ignore the bad. The stuggles you have are not real. They are only cause of your faulted imaginations.

In short, you are flawed. And that is their message. Not much different than any other 'common accuser.'

enjoy!

smaller

What evidence for Preterism? I hope you brought enough of what you're smoking for everyone bc evidence in scripture & history is just about all I've presented in months of posting!

Sam, not just about all of Revelation has occurred- but ALL of Rev. has occurred!
Rev.1 & Rev. 22 repeats the same- "the things which shortly take place."
That includes all! It's in the aortic past tense! From the very 1st time I read it - even though strange & weird- I knew it wasn't affecting me today.

I'll paste this very good article on Satan from the one of best Preterist sites:
Do read it when you have time.
The Binding of Satan | eschatology.org
You see nothing wrong with the reasoning that because the bible says SHORTLY therefore all of the events had to take place EVEN THOUGH there is no secular or religious history of the events of Rev having taken place? Note,if I claimed that this country had a civil war then I can go into history and provide all kinds of evidence that the civil war took place. So if all those incredible events in Rev have taken place then give us the historic evidence.

You see nothing wrong with the reasoning that because the bible says SHORTLY therefore all of the events had to take place EVEN THOUGH there is no secular or religious history of the events of Rev having taken place? Note,if I claimed that this country had a civil war then I can go into history and provide all kinds of evidence that the civil war took place. So if all those incredible events in Rev have taken place then give us the historic evidence.
Actually the destruction of Jerusalem is well documented.

The thread seemed to have derailed from the original question. So I'm bumping it with the preterist answer & its supporting Scriptures:

YouTube - Full Preterism - Israel's Fig Tree

My Reply,...Well while you present the erroneous vew,..I'll present the truth.;)

A generation can be between 70 and eighty years,...and the sign that began the last generation was the birth of Israel on May 14, 1948
Psalms 90:
10The length of our days is seventy years—
or eighty, if we have the strength;
yet their spana is but trouble and sorrow,
for they quickly pass, and we fly away.

Isaiah 66​
Before she goes into labor,
she gives birth;
before the pains come upon her,
she delivers a son.
8Who has ever heard of such a thing?
Who has ever seen such things?
Can a country be born in a day
or a nation be brought forth in a moment?
Yet no sooner is Zion in labor
than she gives birth to her children.
9Do I bring to the moment of birth
and not give delivery?†says the Lord.
“Do I close up the womb
when I bring to delivery?†says your God.
10“Rejoice with Jerusalem and be glad for her,
all you who love her;
rejoice greatly with her,
all you who mourn over her.

Ezekiel's Prophecy of Israel's Rebirth in 1948
In the year 592 B.C. in the Babylonian Empire a Hebrew slave named Ezekiel was instructed by an angel to:

" Lie on your left side and put the sin of the house of Israel upon yourself. You are to bear their sin for the number of days you lie on your side. I have assigned you the same number of days as the years of their sin. So for 390 days you will bear the sin of the house of Israel. After you have finished this, lie down again, this time on your right side, and bear the sin of the house of Judah. I have assigned you 40 days, a day for each year." (Ezekiel 4:4-6).

At the time of this visitation the Jews were in captivity after being overthrown by the Babylonian King Nebuchadnezzer in 606 B.C. This 70 year captivity of the Jews had been prophesied extensively by Isaiah almost 100 years earlier (Isaiah 39:5-7) and (Jeremiah chapt 25&27).

Now the prophecy in Ezekiel chapt 4 predicts a total of 430 years of punishment for the nation of Israel. 70 years of this period of punishment are accounted for in the 70 year Babylonian captivity. That leaves 360 more years of punishment unaccounted for. For centuries biblical scholars could find nowhere in history a period of punishment on Israel that could corresponds to the remaining 360 years of punishment.

In the book of Leviticus, chapt 26, we are told that if the nation of Israel did not hearken (obey) unto the Lord that she would be punished. Then after being punished, if the nation continued to be in rebellion toward God that the punishment would be multiplied by seven:

"If you will not listen to me and carry out all these commands, and if you reject my decrees and abhor my laws and fail to carry out all my commands and so violate my covenant...I will set my face against you so that you will be defeated by your enemies. If after all this you will not listen to me, I will punish you for your sins seven times over. "..Leviticus 26: 14-22.

Recently Biblical scholars have applied this Levitical principle of multiplying Israel's punishment by seven to the remaining 360 years of punishment and found a phenomenal discovery. 4

The Biblical prophetic year in the Jewish calendar is 360 days long. This discovery was made by Sir Robert Anderson in his book The Coming Prince. 5 In fact, all ancient calendars of the world, at one time calculated the year as 360 days. So if you multiple the 360 years of remaining punishment x 360 days/year x 7 times punishment (Levitical principle) = 907,200 days. 907,200 days is 2483.8 years (modern Julian calendar years). So, 907,200 days of punishment remained for the nation of Israel after the 70 year Babylonian captivity. The question is where do you begin calculating the remaining 907,200 days?

Servitude of the Nation
There is a Biblical term applied to the nation of Israel called the period of the servitude of the nation. This refers to the period of time that the conquered people of Israel lived through without their own rulership. The people and nation of Israel ceased being a sovereign nation in 606 B.C. And began the first 70 years of servitude at that time. After the 70 year Babylonian captivity they returned to the land but they were ruled over by a succession of empires (Medo-Persian, Greek, Roman) until 70 AD When Jerusalem was destroyed by the Romans. Then for the next 18 centuries the Israelites were dispersed among the many nations of the world and for the most part were slaves. To the Jewish mind they lost their sovereignty in 606 B.C. with the Babylonian takeover and didn't regain it until the servitude of the nation ended on May 14, 1948 when Israel again became a nation.

The Babylonian captivity began July 25th 606 B.C. and ended July 23rd 537 B.C. This was the very day that the Medo-Persian emperor Cyrus gave the decree that allowed the Jews to return to Israel. If you begin counting the 907,200 days of remaining punishment from July 23rd 537 B.C., the day of Cyrus' decree and the end of the first 70 years of the servitude, and go foreword 907,200 days you get May 14th 1948!!! This was the very day that David Ben Gurion announced to the whole world the official formation of the nation of Israel!!!

Skeptical? Read on.

Desolations of Jerusalem
Another term commonly discussed is the period of the desolations of Jerusalem. This was the period of time prophesied by the prophets in which the city of Jerusalem would be desolate and 'trodden down by the gentiles". Many people have mistakenly believed that this term was the same period as the Servitude of the nation discussed above. However, this period of the desolation's of Jerusalem did not begin in 606 B.C. when Nebuchadnezzer took the first captives. The desolation's of Jerusalem began with the third siege of Jerusalem with the destruction of the city and the temple. The city and the temple were destroyed on August 18th ,587 B.C. in the third siege of Nebuchadnezzer and the Babylonian army. Exactly seventy Hebrew calendar years later (360 days/year) brings us to August 16th, 518 B.C. If we begin calculating the remaining 907,200 days of punishment from that day it brings us to June 7th ,1967. This is the very day Israel recaptured the city of Jerusalem during the Six day war with Egypt, Jordan and Syria!!!

How could Ezekiel have predicted this? He couldn't unless he was instructed by one that lives outside of time. Truly god sees the beginning from the end and is outside of time as we know it!

My Reply,...Well while you present the erroneous vew,..I'll present the truth.;)

A generation can be between 70 and eighty years,...and the sign that began the last generation was the birth of Israel on May 14, 1948
Psalms 90:
10The length of our days is seventy years—
or eighty, if we have the strength;
yet their spana is but trouble and sorrow,
for they quickly pass, and we fly away.

Isaiah 66​
Before she goes into labor,
she gives birth;
before the pains come upon her,
she delivers a son.
8Who has ever heard of such a thing?
Who has ever seen such things?
Can a country be born in a day
or a nation be brought forth in a moment?
Yet no sooner is Zion in labor
than she gives birth to her children.
9Do I bring to the moment of birth
and not give delivery?†says the Lord.
“Do I close up the womb
when I bring to delivery?†says your God.
10“Rejoice with Jerusalem and be glad for her,
all you who love her;
rejoice greatly with her,
all you who mourn over her.

Ezekiel's Prophecy of Israel's Rebirth in 1948
In the year 592 B.C. in the Babylonian Empire a Hebrew slave named Ezekiel was instructed by an angel to:

" Lie on your left side and put the sin of the house of Israel upon yourself. You are to bear their sin for the number of days you lie on your side. I have assigned you the same number of days as the years of their sin. So for 390 days you will bear the sin of the house of Israel. After you have finished this, lie down again, this time on your right side, and bear the sin of the house of Judah. I have assigned you 40 days, a day for each year." (Ezekiel 4:4-6).

At the time of this visitation the Jews were in captivity after being overthrown by the Babylonian King Nebuchadnezzer in 606 B.C. This 70 year captivity of the Jews had been prophesied extensively by Isaiah almost 100 years earlier (Isaiah 39:5-7) and (Jeremiah chapt 25&27).

Now the prophecy in Ezekiel chapt 4 predicts a total of 430 years of punishment for the nation of Israel. 70 years of this period of punishment are accounted for in the 70 year Babylonian captivity. That leaves 360 more years of punishment unaccounted for. For centuries biblical scholars could find nowhere in history a period of punishment on Israel that could corresponds to the remaining 360 years of punishment.

In the book of Leviticus, chapt 26, we are told that if the nation of Israel did not hearken (obey) unto the Lord that she would be punished. Then after being punished, if the nation continued to be in rebellion toward God that the punishment would be multiplied by seven:

"If you will not listen to me and carry out all these commands, and if you reject my decrees and abhor my laws and fail to carry out all my commands and so violate my covenant...I will set my face against you so that you will be defeated by your enemies. If after all this you will not listen to me, I will punish you for your sins seven times over. "..Leviticus 26: 14-22.

Recently Biblical scholars have applied this Levitical principle of multiplying Israel's punishment by seven to the remaining 360 years of punishment and found a phenomenal discovery. 4

The Biblical prophetic year in the Jewish calendar is 360 days long. This discovery was made by Sir Robert Anderson in his book The Coming Prince. 5 In fact, all ancient calendars of the world, at one time calculated the year as 360 days. So if you multiple the 360 years of remaining punishment x 360 days/year x 7 times punishment (Levitical principle) = 907,200 days. 907,200 days is 2483.8 years (modern Julian calendar years). So, 907,200 days of punishment remained for the nation of Israel after the 70 year Babylonian captivity. The question is where do you begin calculating the remaining 907,200 days?

Servitude of the Nation
There is a Biblical term applied to the nation of Israel called the period of the servitude of the nation. This refers to the period of time that the conquered people of Israel lived through without their own rulership. The people and nation of Israel ceased being a sovereign nation in 606 B.C. And began the first 70 years of servitude at that time. After the 70 year Babylonian captivity they returned to the land but they were ruled over by a succession of empires (Medo-Persian, Greek, Roman) until 70 AD When Jerusalem was destroyed by the Romans. Then for the next 18 centuries the Israelites were dispersed among the many nations of the world and for the most part were slaves. To the Jewish mind they lost their sovereignty in 606 B.C. with the Babylonian takeover and didn't regain it until the servitude of the nation ended on May 14, 1948 when Israel again became a nation.

The Babylonian captivity began July 25th 606 B.C. and ended July 23rd 537 B.C. This was the very day that the Medo-Persian emperor Cyrus gave the decree that allowed the Jews to return to Israel. If you begin counting the 907,200 days of remaining punishment from July 23rd 537 B.C., the day of Cyrus' decree and the end of the first 70 years of the servitude, and go foreword 907,200 days you get May 14th 1948!!! This was the very day that David Ben Gurion announced to the whole world the official formation of the nation of Israel!!!

Skeptical? Read on.

Desolations of Jerusalem
Another term commonly discussed is the period of the desolations of Jerusalem. This was the period of time prophesied by the prophets in which the city of Jerusalem would be desolate and 'trodden down by the gentiles". Many people have mistakenly believed that this term was the same period as the Servitude of the nation discussed above. However, this period of the desolation's of Jerusalem did not begin in 606 B.C. when Nebuchadnezzer took the first captives. The desolation's of Jerusalem began with the third siege of Jerusalem with the destruction of the city and the temple. The city and the temple were destroyed on August 18th ,587 B.C. in the third siege of Nebuchadnezzer and the Babylonian army. Exactly seventy Hebrew calendar years later (360 days/year) brings us to August 16th, 518 B.C. If we begin calculating the remaining 907,200 days of punishment from that day it brings us to June 7th ,1967. This is the very day Israel recaptured the city of Jerusalem during the Six day war with Egypt, Jordan and Syria!!!

How could Ezekiel have predicted this? He couldn't unless he was instructed by one that lives outside of time. Truly god sees the beginning from the end and is outside of time as we know it!
Great post.:yes

Just like dispy madness- they worship the book of Ezekiel!

The Holy Spirit doesn't lie. But dispensationalists do, for money, & they can't base their faith on anything but eschatology! Pitiful & deluded.

Learn from the Preterists scholars, instead of the end-time madness charlatans!

YouTube - ‪MrDonPreston's Channel‬‏

I have heard it said many times that these things have been going on for centuries and that every generation believes they are the last. How can we know that we are indeed in the last generation or generation of the Fig Tree? The Bible as well as history gives us many clues and there is only one generation that fits the mold for this prophetic teaching.

Matthew 21
10) And when he was come into Jerusalem, all the city was moved, saying, Who is this?
11) And the multitude said, This is Jesus the prophet of Nazareth of Galilee.
12) And Jesus went into the temple of God, and cast out all them that sold and bought in the temple, and overthrew the tables of the moneychangers, and the seats of them that sold doves,
13) And said unto them, It is written, My house shall be called the house of prayer; but ye have made it a den of thieves.
14) And the blind and the lame came to him in the temple; and he healed them.
15) And when the chief priests and scribes saw the wonderful things that he did, and the children crying in the temple, and saying, Hosanna to the son of David; they were sore displeased,
16) And said unto him, Hearest thou what these say? And Jesus saith unto them, Yea; have ye never read , Out of the mouth of babes and sucklings thou hast perfected praise?
17) And he left them, and went out of the city into Bethany; and he lodged there.
18) Now in the morning as he returned into the city, he hungered.
19) And when he saw a fig tree in the way, he came to it, and found nothing thereon , but leaves only, and said unto it, Let no fruit grow on thee henceforward for ever. And presently the fig tree withered away.
20) And when the disciples saw it, they marvelled, saying, How soon is the fig tree withered away!

When Jesus came into Jerusalem He saw how the religious leaders had perverted the temple with merchandising and caused the people to err with offerings that were not fit to offer to God. Having seen these things and returning in the morning, He found that fig tree, having no fruit on it. Jesus knew the season for fruit was not yet. This is made clear in Mark 11:13, He never expected to find fruit there during that season but rather was teaching us that because the nation had failed to produce fruit it would wither away and cease to exist just as it happened in 70 A.D.

In 70 A.D. when Rome conquered Jerusalem, the residents were dispersed and the nation ceased to exist. Only once since that time has Israel established itself once again as a nation. This happened in 1948. This began the generation of the fig tree, to whom these prophecies are addressed to. The book of Jeremiah also gives us more insight into this parable and the nation of Israel in relation to the fig tree.

Jeremiah 24
1) The LORD shewed me, and, behold, two baskets of figs were set before the temple of the LORD, after that Nebuchadrezzar king of Babylon had carried away captive Jeconiah the son of Jehoiakim king of Judah, and the princes of Judah, with the carpenters and smiths, from Jerusalem, and had brought them to Babylon.
2) One basket had very good figs, even like the figs that are first ripe: and the other basket had very naughty figs, which could not be eaten, they were so bad.
3) Then said the LORD unto me, What seest thou, Jeremiah? And I said, Figs; the good figs, very good; and the evil, very evil, that cannot be eaten, they are so evil.
4) Again the word of the LORD came unto me, saying,
5) Thus saith the LORD, the God of Israel; Like these good figs, so will I acknowledge them that are carried away captive of Judah, whom I have sent out of this place into the land of the Chaldeans for their good.
6) For I will set mine eyes upon them for good, and I will bring them again to this land: and I will build them, and not pull them down; and I will plant them, and not pluck them up.
7) And I will give them an heart to know me, that I am the LORD: and they shall be my people, and I will be their God: for they shall return unto me with their whole heart.
8) And as the evil figs, which cannot be eaten, they are so evil; surely thus saith the LORD, So will I give Zedekiah the king of Judah, and his princes, and the residue of Jerusalem, that remain in this land, and them that dwell in the land of Egypt:
9) And I will deliver them to be removed into all the kingdoms of the earth for their hurt, to be a reproach and a proverb, a taunt and a curse, in all places whither I shall drive them.
10) And I will send the sword, the famine, and the pestilence, among them, till they be consumed from off the land that I gave unto them and to their fathers.

When Israel became a nation again in 1948 the good fig and the bad fig returned. The tribe of Judah being dispersed by Nebuchadrezzar and then again by Rome in 70 A.D. has mixed in with other peoples and many have simply lost their heritage. There are those there now who claim to be Jews but are not of that true line.
This fig tree itself is an interesting study. It produces a male fig (caprice) and a female fig (smyrna). The male fig is inedible and is not good for fruit. The female fig on the other hand is very good fruit and used to make jams, cookies, etc. God's method of teaching reveals so much to us just from using nature as a teaching tool We were told in Matthew 7 we should always examine the fruit.

Matthew 7
15) Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.
16) Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?
17) Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit.
18) A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.
19) Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.
20) Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.
The reason those verses were included is because of what we find in Revelation 2:9 & 3:9. This ties the whole study together.

Revelation 2
8) And unto the angel of the church in Smyrna write; These things saith the first and the last, which was dead, and is alive;
9) I know thy works, and tribulation, and poverty, (but thou art rich) and I know the blasphemy of them which say they are Jews, and are not, but are the synagogue of Satan.

Revelation 3
7 And to the angel of the church in Philadelphia write; These things saith he that is holy, he that is true, he that hath the key of David, he that openeth, and no man shutteth; and shutteth, and no man openeth;
8 I know thy works: behold, I have set before thee an open door, and no man can shut it: for thou hast a little strength, and hast kept my word, and hast not denied my name.
9 Behold, I will make them of the synagogue of Satan, which say they are Jews, and are not, but do lie; behold, I will make them to come and worship before thy feet, and to know that I have loved thee.

God was only happy with 2 churches in the second and third chapters of Revelation, fitting that one would be Smyrna, the good fig. Here we see the good fig and bad fig together just as Jeremiah said it would be. This could not take place until that fig tree had been set out, we know that happened in 1948. It's the time to watch for those events that Jesus gave us, we are in the generation of the fig tree.

Once you know the generation and can pick up on the signs that Jesus gave us in Matthew 24, you are well on your way to understanding the parable. It's also important to understand the good fig and bad fig. Your church should be teaching the bad fig as mentioned here. If not, you are missing a big piece of the parable and God is not happy with your church. Those who claim to be Jews and are not are no doubt the Kenites. If you haven't read the parable of the tares study this will help explain who the Kenites are.

In 70 A.D. when Rome conquered Jerusalem, the residents were dispersed and the nation ceased to exist. Only once since that time has Israel established itself once again as a nation. This happened in 1948. This began the generation of the fig tree, to whom these prophecies are addressed to.

Nonsense.

{29} Then He told them a parable: "Behold the fig tree and all the trees; {30} as soon as they put forth leaves, you see it and know for yourselves that summer is now near. {31} "So you also, when you see these things happening, recognize that the kingdom of God is near. {32} "Truly I say to you, this generation will not pass away until all things take place.

{33}
"Heaven and earth will pass away, but My words will not pass away. {34} "Be on guard, so that your hearts will not be weighted down with dissipation and drunkenness and the worries of life, and that day will not come on you suddenly like a trap; {35} for it will come upon all those who dwell on the face of all the earth [literally, "land"]. {36} "But keep on the alert at all times, praying that you may have strength to escape all these things that are about to take place, and to stand before the Son of Man." Luke 21:29-36 (NASB)

Christ's words. Not mine. His. What will you do with them? :chin

Cool! Let's see it!!! :pray

You promised the truth and delivered your opinion??? :confused

Bait and switched again!!! :angry2

Here's truth!

http://www.christianforums.net/f20/who-generation-figtree-35651/index9.html#post549874

Seems that the clear, unequivocal words of Christ will always trump the treatises of man.

For what it's worth. :nono2

Those of you with the long mostly copy/paste posts! I have been deleting them. They are not conducive to discussion.

24 - No spamming. Don't flood the board with commercial posts, meaningless text, unnecessarily long messages or otherwise useless material. Do not spam the members of christianforums.net advertising your own website utilizing Personal messages or email. You may list such information in your signature file as long as the contents of your site fall within the guidelines of these terms of service.

When posting in Forums try condensing your message as this will help to ensure people will read it in its entirety. Be sure to post your topic in the appropriate forum. The subjects of discussion for each forum are outlined in the Forums Index, make a note of the purpose for each forum before posting your topic of discussion. If you're not sure what forum to post your message in then please post it in the General Discussion Area.

If this moderator condenses the post they will be VERY short!

Hitch predicts;

By 2027 'pretrib' will abandon being a '48' er and adopt the 1967 War Model

I predict - based on Harold Campings inerrant models - the world is going to end sometime in the next 6 months. I believe him, because why would a dispy/futurist ever be wrong about what the Bible says? :chin

1948 doesn't count, IMO. They became a political, secular state that hardly resembles or represents the Biblical nation of Israel at all. It was a resolution by the United Nations that eventually helped to establish, what was called at the time, a Jewish state. But... today's Israel is more secular than the USA.

Sometimes I wonder, are they really fighting to retain the land God originally gave them are are they just fighting to preserve the original boundaries as they were in 1948? Either one is fine with me. :thumbsup But I just don't want to substitute one motive for another.

When God decides to make it so, there will be no question as to when, how, who and why it happens. :thumbsup

Luke 21:29-32
29 And he spake to them a parable; Behold the fig tree, and all the trees;
30 When they now shoot forth, ye see and know of your own selves that summer is now nigh at hand.
31 So likewise ye, when ye see these things come to pass, know ye that the kingdom of God is nigh at hand.
32 Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass away, till all be fulfilled. KJV

What generation "shall not pass away, till all be fulfilled"? The generation who: "when ye see these things come to pass, know ye that the kingdom of God is nigh at hand"

When ye see what "things come to pass"? The things that Jesus just listed in the verses prior to the above Parable of the Fig Tree" verses.

Many confuse who Jesus is speaking of. While He is speaking to those seated at His feet, He is speaking of the endtime generation. What Jesus spoke to their ears was written down for our eyes some 2000 years later. Below we will publish those verses that Jesus was referring to when He said "So likewise ye, when ye see these things come to pass, know ye that the kingdom of God is nigh at hand."

But first it must be observed that the words "ye" and "you" in the above "So likewise ye, when ye see" are plural words, not singular. In other words, Jesus was not speaking to "thee" and "thy," which are singular pronouns in the King James Bible, but He was speaking in the plural to us as well as those seated before Christ. Actually, Jesus was in the company of only four men when He delivered Mark chapter 13: "Peter and James and John and Andrew asked him privately" (Mk 13:3b). But what He said to them was for all Christians that were to be living when those things came to pass.

In other words, "this generation" is the generation that shall see "these things," and it is not the generation that He was addressing, for they never saw those things. It was us, the final generation; we shall see "these things" and our generation "shall not pass, till all these things be done."

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back