Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

WHY ISN'T THIS GENERATION GETTING MARRIED?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
It wasn’t until inflation hit big tin the 70s USA and more women at all strata really needed to work for basic needs or to maintain the family’s standard of living that women’s lib translated into major changes.

Poor and working class women usually worked. It was when the woman working became standard because of necessity that society started changing a lot. The upswing in divorce rates that peaked I think 🤔 in the early 80s played a role too.

Rambling…

Point is in the USA women working en mass was more about economic necessity than ideology.
Maybe back then.
Now it's a necessary thing to do.
Even if women stay home to raise kids, they'll only do this for a few years,,,3 tops.

Is stayed home for about 13 years and got reprimanded by many.
What do you do all day?
I work AND clean the house and my kids are growing!
etc.

People think that woman that stay at home are dumb or old-fashioned.
Now it has nothing to do with economy.

Oh. And since everyone in business knows both spouses work...they each get paid less than in the past.

I dunno 🤷‍♂️

I was in daycare asap back in the 80s. Necessary. Usually is but I do wonder about dual high income couples. Seems more like maintaining a lifestyle than necessity per se, but those couples are not the norm.

I dunno 🤷‍♂️

I was in daycare asap back in the 80s. Necessary. Usually is but I do wonder about dual high income couples. Seems more like maintaining a lifestyle than necessity per se, but those couples are not the norm.
Oh. I'm not putting down kids in day care.
I was just making the point that stay at home mothers are not very respected.

And I agree that some are for lifestyle.

I’m about to Solve some of this, me and Lil Wayne had similar Dreadlocks and I guess like he thought I didn’t deserve to look like him or something and he attacked my life through all of COVID, so I’m about to show everyone how he uses Music Illegally.

I’m not Wayne.

What has changed?
Why does the current generation prefer to live together instead of getting married?
Is there fear, uncertainty?
What?
Speaking as someone who lived with his parents till I was 28 ... I was able to build up a financial nest egg and I got along with my parents great ... so that was my reason. Married at 29.

Why aren't young persons of today getting married?
As society get more urbanized the advantage of having a large family with cheap child labor diminishes ... least wise, that what I heard.

WHY ISN'T THIS GENERATION GETTING MARRIED?​

My wife won't let me take another wife.

Not to sound too Marxist or anything but…

It seems more economic than anything else. Especially in the 30 and below set there seems to be not only uncertainty but a rather bleak long term outlook. Personally I think that’s one reason so many people are unmarried not having kids and perhaps 🤔 part of the reason the culture seems to be turning inward…

No hope for a future.

Not to sound too Marxist or anything but…

It seems more economic than anything else. Especially in the 30 and below set there seems to be not only uncertainty but a rather bleak long term outlook. Personally I think that’s one reason so many people are unmarried not having kids and perhaps 🤔 part of the reason the culture seems to be turning inward…

No hope for a future.

Yeah uncertainty of the future is the biggest hurdle. When financial insecurity is a problem those aware of it and worried about losing their job or expenses keep going up leaving your wages stagnant it becomes a problem. And I had to deal with this already on 3 separate occasions. 1. When growing up we didn't have much money so we were poor and my mom ended up getting a job, making my dad angry even though they already were fighting over expenses.
2. The recession in 2008 and 3. Post covid, had overtime trying to catch up on expenses and bought a new vehicle right before Covid, then what really hurt was property taxes skyrocketed.

I would hate to see how much more hardship I'd face if I had kids. Surprisingly I did get a raise and it's just enough for me to get by with a little extra to save.

I wonder if this is a new trend. It seems like some people are looking but having trouble finding someone...

Add that to the list of reasons I'm still single lol.

I wonder if this is a new trend. It seems like some people are looking but having trouble finding someone...

Add that to the list of reasons I'm still single lol.

She's a feminist lawyer living in LA. That to (sane) men reads "avoid at all costs". In divorce court, she could literally be her own advocate. Lol.

Marriage means nothing to women in the West anymore. As an institution, just like the nuclear family, it's been completely destroyed.

Yeah, sounds like a real winner lol. Anyway thanks for pointing that out. And unfortunately yes, many women I've encountered are this way. Some were not. I just never took the chance, however I'm seeing that it has gotten worse. Its among the reasons people are choosing to stay single.

As a single 23 year old guy, my biggest issue is just finding someone. The usual places you'd expect to meet women are pretty much barren nowadays, and it leaves me wondering where people even meet. Besides that, everything costs so much these days that my decent-paying job still leaves me barely scraping by, even with two roommates; not exactly much time to think about dating when you're living paycheck-to-paycheck. All of it adds up to worrying too much about working/making money, and being exhausted when I finally do get freetime.

That's just my personal experience, but I'm sure some others out there could relate.

Speaking as someone who lived with his parents till I was 28 ... I was able to build up a financial nest egg and I got along with my parents great ... so that was my reason. Married at 29.

As society get more urbanized the advantage of having a large family with cheap child labor diminishes ... least wise, that what I heard.

WHY ISN'T THIS GENERATION GETTING MARRIED?​

My wife won't let me take another wife.
Sandwiches makers don't like competition.they get jealous ..lol

As a single 23 year old guy, my biggest issue is just finding someone. The usual places you'd expect to meet women are pretty much barren nowadays, and it leaves me wondering where people even meet. Besides that, everything costs so much these days that my decent-paying job still leaves me barely scraping by, even with two roommates; not exactly much time to think about dating when you're living paycheck-to-paycheck. All of it adds up to worrying too much about working/making money, and being exhausted when I finally do get freetime.

That's just my personal experience, but I'm sure some others out there could relate.

Usual places, would that be church? Anyway I don't go out as much as I used to, being out drains me and well much like in your position I don't have much money left over and anytime I do get extra money its always catching up with stuff.

Me being 43, I just end up focusing on hobbies and thinking of how to save up for retirement.

its an attack on the nuclear family. they convince young women they will be better mothers at close to barren-age
they leave out the part about eggs running out and DNA degeneration along the way- and i believe people waiting longer with pregnancy is part of why we have so much degeneracy, theres many factors.

they know pressuring women into pursuing "career" over family is effective, women are materialistic simply because in nature they were nervous of resources as the man was always the one to bring in the resources for them to survive, naturally women care more about securing themselves resources- and in return failing to do what woman was created for man to do, one thing another man surely cannot, no matter how you twist and turn it.
womens egos is another demonic force they utilize, all religions agree that the woman must always keep her ego below a man, because her ability is below her man, and its the man who makes the calls because he takes the responsibility- no surprise women are not good at taking responsibility as emotions are more prominents and clouds them- the traditional woman is aware of this and doesnt question this, while the modern western woman goes against it, and will die to prove it wrong, you will see many wicked female bodybuilders who inject drugs in attempt to compete with men, eventually having to pretend not using anything at all to make it seem like they can in their natural form be stronger than an actual man

society has mostly abandoned god and thats why, back in biblical times women would get pregnant at around age 16, theres not much consequences to doing wrong, and back in time it was also illegal to cheat on your partner, still is in for instance nepal, but it was outphased in many european countries not too long ago, romania 2005? - why? why is such a detestable thing that causes much suicide and broken families legal- the dark forces are working against harmony obviously.

When I married my husband (back in the caveman days) we had nothing.
We desired to live together to share our life, and we would build our life
together, but being married and not each one of us living in their parents
home, but building our own home.

What has changed?
Why does the current generation prefer to live together instead of getting married?
Is there fear, uncertainty?
What?

Why aren't young persons of today getting married?
I can give you a simple answer - in this generation, most of the functions and benefits in marriage are replaced with substitutes. Practically speaking, marriage is a social institution that pools resources, makes a living and bears children, it wasn't just a union of two individuals, but two families, two clans, two tribes, two nations, you know. Nobody was so foolish and naive to think of marriage as a license to have intercourse and intimacy, as we were taught by the purity culture, it was primarily about politics and economy, not love. Any romantic love was just added bonus. And for women in particular, marriage was the only way to reach a higher socio-economic status, hence the term "hypergamy", i.e. marrying up. A successful marriage was the telos, the ultimate goal of life for most people. Also, marriage was a rite of passage, a transition from adolescence into adulthood, this is universal in all cultures, including indigenous tribes.

These days, however, there're a myriad of options and opportunities to meet these material, physiological and psychological needs, most people are able to sustain themselves, men don't need women to cook and clean, women don't need men to provide and protect, and with reproductive technology, you don't even need a spouse to have babies! For those unfortunate and downtrodden who can't have their needs met, they'd seek help from communities, organizations, government instead of their own families, many of them come from a dysfunctional family in the first place. There're also a myriad of other great pursuits in life and other ways for indulgence - including sexual pleasure. In essence, marriage as a social institution is functionally replaced by these other social institutions.

So as you can see, marriage is no longer substantiated by these basic material demands, and since it's by definition a lifetime commitment, it has become rather a burden too heavy to bear, that's disciples' conclusion of Jesus's teaching of marriage - "If such is the case of the man with his wife, it is better not to marry." (Matt. 19:10). The only reason to get married is a spiritual pursuit based on the biblical understanding that marriage is the holy matrimony, a sacred union between a man and a woman, an earthly reflection of our ultimate heavenly union with Christ. In the creation week, all things created by God was good, the one and only thing bad was man's solitutde - "it's not good for man to be alone!"

Last edited:
I can give you a simple answer - in this generation, most of the functions and benefits in marriage are replaced with substitutes. Practically speaking, marriage is a social institution that pools resources, makes a living and bears children, it wasn't just a union of two individuals, but two families, two clans, two tribes, two nations, you know. Nobody was so foolish and naive to think of marriage as a license to have intercourse and intimacy, as we were taught by the purity culture, it was primarily about politics and economy, not love. Any romantic love was just added bonus. And for women in particular, marriage was the only way to reach a higher socio-economic status, hence the term "hypergamy", i.e. marrying up. A successful marriage was the telos, the ultimate goal of life for most people. Also, marriage was a rite of passage, a transition from adolescence into adulthood, this is universal in all cultures, including indigenous tribes.

These days, however, there're a myriad of options and opportunities to meet these material, physiological and psychological needs, most people are able to sustain themselves, men don't need women to cook and clean, women don't need men to provide and protect, and with reproductive technology, you don't even need a spouse to have babies! For those unfortunate and downtrodden who can't have their needs met, they'd seek help from communities, organizations, government instead of their own families, many of them come from a dysfunctional family in the first place. There're also a myriad of other great pursuits in life and other ways for indulgence - including sexual pleasure. In essence, marriage as a social institution is functionally replaced by these other social institutions.

So as you can see, marriage is no longer substantiated by these basic material demands, and since it's by definition a lifetime commitment, it has become rather a burden too heavy to bear, that's disciples' conclusion of Jesus's teaching of marriage - "If such is the case of the man with his wife, it is better not to marry." (Matt. 19:10). The only reason to get married is a spiritual pursuit based on the biblical understanding that marriage is the holy matrimony, a sacred union between a man and a woman, an earthly reflection of our ultimate heavenly union with Christ. In the creation week, all things created by God was good, the one and only thing bad was man's solitutde - "it's not good for man to be alone!"
Hi Carry,
You and Zeth4500 have come up with excellent reasons that cannot be denied.
Some economical, some social, some psychological - and I think this is bringing us to a very bad place.
My main concern is children.
How do children survive when they can't even be sure that their parents will remain together?
Maybe this is why there's so much anxiety in the young today.

Also, I 'd like to say that man has done a wonderful job of ruining something created by God - marriage.
I liked your last line - It's not good for man to be alone.
And yet, that's what we're headed for.
Aloneness for all the reasons you and Zeth have stated.

I guess a person has to pay, somehow, for everything they have - or desire not to have.

Hi Carry,
Some economical, some social, some psychological - and I think this is bringing us to a very bad place.
How do children survive when they can't even be sure that their parents will remain together?

Also, I 'd like to say that man has done a wonderful job of ruining something created by God - marriage.

I guess a person has to pay, somehow, for everything they have - or desire not to have.
Actually this is the fulfillment of the great apostasy in 1 Tim. 4:3 - “…forbidding to marry, and commanding to abstain from foods which God created to be received with thanksgiving by those who believe and know the truth.” Historically this had been the case in the Catholic Church, marriage was off limits for priests and nuns; today it’s subtly pushed to the general public. It’s like Brave New World, you know, where “free love” is the norm, marriage is a backward tradition that only belongs to the savage tribe. Andrew Breitbart has a famous saying - politics is downstream from culture, culture is downstream from religion. Ultimately, everything can be traced back to the pulpit.

Hi Carry,

well the ones who stray from gods desire will neglect reproducing, they are dazzled by materialism rather. its a trap and it kills you
i dont worry that much about this, but rather how people who do have children may be ostracized by those who failed doing so. it has come to my attention that many of the gaslighters of young women are infact older women who failed, the older women will pretend that happiness awaits those who "take it easy"- only for the younger ones to realize that their options run out and most men dont care to start a family regardless of how burning a womans desire is to have children
im firm that earth is currently under hell-rule, everywhere you see lost souls confused by pointless desires, but god still rules over the ruler of hell, there sure will be increasing harassment of those who live a natural life.

i found some data suggesting that in third world countries, those women who watch a lot of TV are 3 times more likely to give birth by C-section- by desire, not necessity. watching TV is very dangerous

well the ones who stray from gods desire will neglect reproducing, they are dazzled by materialism rather. its a trap and it kills you
i dont worry that much about this, but rather how people who do have children may be ostracized by those who failed doing so. it has come to my attention that many of the gaslighters of young women are infact older women who failed, the older women will pretend that happiness awaits those who "take it easy"- only for the younger ones to realize that their options run out and most men dont care to start a family regardless of how burning a womans desire is to have children
im firm that earth is currently under hell-rule, everywhere you see lost souls confused by pointless desires, but god still rules over the ruler of hell, there sure will be increasing harassment of those who live a natural life.

i found some data suggesting that in third world countries, those women who watch a lot of TV are 3 times more likely to give birth by C-section- by desire, not necessity. watching TV is very dangerous
Well, woe to those who are pregnant and having babies in the end days of great tribulation. I wonder why Jesus specifically singled this out.

Back