Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Depending upon the Holy Spirit for all you do?

Read through the following study by Tenchi for more on this topic

https://christianforums.net/threads/without-the-holy-spirit-we-can-do-nothing.109419/

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

https://christianforums.net/forums/questions-and-answers/

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

Yahwah's name was in the original New Testament scriptures

You must be a Catholic.

KJV
Revelation 1:11
Saying, I am Alpha and Omega, the first and the last: and, What thou seest, write in a book, and send it unto the seven churches which are in Asia;...
It was discovered that the above bold part was a forgery, and so some bibles stopped using it. What does that tell you?

NIV
which said: “Write on a scroll what you see and send it to the seven churches: to Ephesus, Smyrna, Pergamum, Thyatira, Sardis, Philadelphia and Laodicea.”

It tells me the NIV is not to be trusted.

Im still waiting for one of you to show me n the New Testament where Jesus sad the name of His Father was YAHWAH.

JLB

Says who?
M. R. Vincent's Word Studies in the New Testament, Adam Clarke's Commentary on the Bible, Jamieson-Fausset-Brown's Commentary. The Expositor's Greek Testament doesn't contain it.

It tells me the NIV is not to be trusted.

Im still waiting for one of you to show me n the New Testament where Jesus sad the name of His Father was YAHWAH.

JLB
John 17:11
I will remain in the world no longer, but they are still in the world, and I am coming to you. Holy Father, protect them by the power of your name, the name you gave me,...
Yah / wah
Yah / shua
Psalm 118:26
Blessed is he [Yahshua] who comes in the name of (the LORD / Yahwah.)
From the house of (the LORD / Yahwah) we bless you.

Psalm 144:15

Blessed are the people of whom this is true; blessed are the people whose God is [the LORD / Yahwah.]

Luke 13:35

Look, your house is left to you desolate. I tell you, you will not see me again until you say, ‘Blessed is he who comes in the name of (the Lord / Yahwah).’”

Hebrews 2:12

He says, “I will declare your name to my brothers; in the presence of the congregation I will sing your praises.”

John 17:11
I will remain in the world no longer, but they are still in the world, and I am coming to you. Holy Father, protect them by the power of your name, the name you gave me,...
Yah / wah
Yah / shua
Psalm 118:26
Blessed is he [Yahshua] who comes in the name of (the LORD / Yahwah.)
From the house of (the LORD / Yahwah) we bless you.

Psalm 144:15

Blessed are the people of whom this is true; blessed are the people whose God is [the LORD / Yahwah.]

Luke 13:35

Look, your house is left to you desolate. I tell you, you will not see me again until you say, ‘Blessed is he who comes in the name of (the Lord / Yahwah).’”

Hebrews 2:12

He says, “I will declare your name to my brothers; in the presence of the congregation I will sing your praises.”

Now I am no longer in the world, but these are in the world, and I come to You. Holy Father, keep through Your name those whom You have given Me, that they may be one as We are. John 17:11

No mention of Yahwah in this verse, or any of the other verses you listed.

M. R. Vincent's Word Studies in the New Testament, Adam Clarke's Commentary on the Bible, Jamieson-Fausset-Brown's Commentary. The Expositor's Greek Testament doesn't contain it.

Ok well please follow those men and there opinions they write in the commentary you read. :thumbsup

Ok well please follow those men and there opinions they write in the commentary you read. :thumbsup
Well, you're following men and their opinions, so, there really is no difference. I trust the experts that God has gifted and put in place.

Well, you're following men and their opinions, so, there really is no difference. I trust the experts that God has gifted and put in place.

I follow scripture as you well know. The scriptures are inspired by God.

Man's commentary is not.

I follow scripture as you well know. The scriptures are inspired by God.

Man's commentary is not.
And, yet, since it isn’t in the earliest manuscripts, it is at best questionable. So, to say that the NIV (ESV, NASB, etc.) is not to be trusted because a questionable phrase isn’t in it, is to fallaciously beg the question.

And, yet, since it isn’t in the earliest manuscripts, it is at best questionable. So, to say that the NIV (ESV, NASB, etc.) is not to be trusted because a questionable phrase isn’t in it, is to fallaciously beg the question.

You are certainly entitled to your opinion.

Too me, the NIV has omitted many verses out of the New Testament.

I was in the Spirit on the Lord’s Day, and I heard behind me a loud voice, as of a trumpet, saying, “I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last,” and, “What you see, write in a book and send it to the seven churches which are in Asia: to Ephesus, to Smyrna, to Pergamos, to Thyatira, to Sardis, to Philadelphia, and to Laodicea.”
Revelation 1:10-11 NKJV

I was in the Spirit on the Lord's day, and heard behind me a great voice, as of a trumpet, Saying, I am Alpha and Omega, the first and the last: and, What thou seest, write in a book, and send it unto the seven churches which are in Asia; unto Ephesus, and unto Smyrna, and unto Pergamos, and unto Thyatira, and unto Sardis, and unto Philadelphia, and unto Laodicea. Revelation 1:10-11 KJV

On the Lord’s Day I was in the Spirit, and I heard behind me a loud voice like a trumpet, which said: “Write on a scroll what you see and send it to the seven churches: to Ephesus, Smyrna, Pergamum, Thyatira, Sardis, Philadelphia and Laodicea.
Revelation 1:10-11 NIV

I believe Jesus is the First and Last, the LORD of the Old Testament.

Thus says the LORD, the King of Israel,
And his Redeemer, the LORD of hosts:
I am the First and I am the Last;
Besides Me there is no God.
Isaiah 44:6

JLB

So, to say that the NIV (ESV, NASB, etc.) is not to be trusted because a questionable phrase isn’t in it, is to fallaciously beg the question.

I only stated that the NIV is not to be trusted if it removes scriptures from the Bible that seemingly undermine the divinity of Christ.

I never mentioned the ESV or NASB.

You are certainly entitled to your opinion.

I was in the Spirit on the Lord’s Day, and I heard behind me a loud voice, as of a trumpet, saying, “I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last,” and, “What you see, write in a book and send it to the seven churches which are in Asia: to Ephesus, to Smyrna, to Pergamos, to Thyatira, to Sardis, to Philadelphia, and to Laodicea.”
Revelation 1:10-11 NKJV

I was in the Spirit on the Lord's day, and heard behind me a great voice, as of a trumpet, Saying, I am Alpha and Omega, the first and the last: and, What thou seest, write in a book, and send it unto the seven churches which are in Asia; unto Ephesus, and unto Smyrna, and unto Pergamos, and unto Thyatira, and unto Sardis, and unto Philadelphia, and unto Laodicea. Revelation 1:10-11 KJV

On the Lord’s Day I was in the Spirit, and I heard behind me a loud voice like a trumpet, which said: “Write on a scroll what you see and send it to the seven churches: to Ephesus, Smyrna, Pergamum, Thyatira, Sardis, Philadelphia and Laodicea.
Revelation 1:10-11 NIV
Again, that is all fallaciously getting the question. I prefer the side of reason.

I believe Jesus is the First and Last, the LORD of the Old Testament.

Thus says the LORD, the King of Israel,
And his Redeemer, the LORD of hosts:
I am the First and I am the Last;
Besides Me there is no God.
Isaiah 44:6
Jesus is, but so are the Father and the Holy Spirit, all being Yahweh.

I only stated that the NIV is not to be trusted if it removes scriptures from the Bible that seemingly undermine the divinity of Christ.
Except that it doesn’t, so it can be trusted.

I never mentioned the ESV or NASB.
I know. My point is that most versions do not have those words, not just the NIV.

Trin believers omit or change many of Jesus' own words, it does not matter which version you cite.

Such as "My Father and I are one" to "My Father and I make one God".

And "I am" to "I am God".

Trin believers omit many of Jesus' own words, it does not matter which version you cite.
I am asking you to stop with this nonsense. If you’re unwilling to debate or discuss the issues regarding the Trinity, as you have been so far, then please stop with these useless, unproductive remarks.

I am asking you to stop with this nonsense. If you’re unwilling to debate or discuss the issues regarding the Trinity, as you have been so far, then please stop with these useless, unproductive remarks.
I am only pointing out your hypocritical analyses.

I have the right to defend Jesus' word.

Again, that is all fallaciously getting the question. I prefer the side of reason.

Quoting scripture is “fallaciously getting the question”?

You prefer “reason”?

Sad.

Back