Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

Are Christians to keep the Sabbath?

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Gordon, despite all the debate here, I have this feeling you know what you want --- i.e. to keep the Sabbath. Blessings to you that God opened this up to you. You're just in a quandary over your job,which I suspect why you "do not feel led" and for that I'll pray. I'll pray, God will show a way! :clap
Thanks. I do want to keep the Sabbath as I like the idea God has a day that is special and wants me to spend it focused on him. The job is quite the quandary as just about everyone I know would think I am wrong plus the loss of money. Also I don't feel God has made a clear point to me as I think some people here have argued against this responsibility well. Perhaps I'll continue with the job until I move on and then from that point observe the Sabbath. Maybe that's a cop out. I in no way think I need to do it in order to be saved.

What "keep the sabbath" camp does not realize is; nailing the law to the cross, abolishing it, vanisheth away etc. does not do is make it useless...
Then I presume you don't keep Sunday, either. Right? Because if you do, then you are just as guilty. Nobody's stopping you from keeping Sunday, if that's what you do. The OP has a conviction that he wants to keep the Sabbath, which , BTW has far, far more scriptural support than Sunday. If one has to "keep" any day, then might as well be the right one, otherwise, don't keep any. So, get over yourself, please, and stop throwing in roadblocks.

Thanks. I do want to keep the Sabbath as I like the idea God has a day that is special and wants me to spend it focused on him. The job is quite the quandary as just about everyone I know would think I am wrong plus the loss of money. Also I don't feel God has made a clear point to me as I think some people here have argued against this responsibility well. Perhaps I'll continue with the job until I move on and then from that point observe the Sabbath. Maybe that's a cop out. I in no way think I need to do it in order to be saved.

Glad I could help. Please read that article link I gave. It will further help you.

Gordon, despite all the debate here, I have this feeling you know what you want --- i.e. to keep the Sabbath. Blessings to you that God opened this up to you. You're just in a quandary over your job,which I suspect why you "do not feel led" and for that I'll pray. I'll pray, God will show a way! :clap

:biglol I was almost tempted to answer the same way, until I looked back at your post and found it, John. We are surely mature saints, the real dirty-minded ones! View attachment 3209

Yet the law is not of faith...

Without faith it is impossible to please God.

Paul said it this way -

One person esteems one day above another; another esteems every day alike. Let each be fully convinced in his own mind. Romans 14:5

If you need to "observe" a special day whether Sabbath or feast day then that is up to you, if that helps you.

If you need to eat or not eat a special diet, then that is up to you. Whatever helps your faith, that is the important thing.

JLB

Then I presume you don't keep Sunday, either. Right? Because if you do, then you are just as guilty. Nobody's stopping you from keeping Sunday, if that's what you do. The OP has a conviction that he wants to keep the Sabbath, which , BTW has far, far more scriptural support than Sunday. If one has to "keep" any day, then might as well be the right one, otherwise, don't keep any. So, get over yourself, please, and stop throwing in roadblocks.

That is the most ridiculous post I have heard yet?

Show me the scriptural support for keeping the sabbath in the New Testament, you cannot...

Looking forward to some quotes from the early Church fathers.

Following is an abridged list of the many quotations regarding the Sabbath in the Early Church Fathers.There is complete agreement of the fathers on this doctrine. Anyone contending that the Sabbath should be observed today needs to answer why the Early Church Fathers taught in unison against this doctrine.
  • no longer observing Sabbath, but living according to the Lord's life” (110 AD - Ignatius, Letter to the Magnesians)
  • “However, the Jews, too have erred from true knowledge. In their imagination, they think that it is God whom they serve. Actually, by their type of worship, they render their service to the angels and not to God. For example, they do this when they celebrate Sabbaths.” (120 AD - Aristides - The Apology)

• “Is there any other matter my Jewish friends, in which we Christians are blamed, than this: that we do not live after the Law ... and do not observe Sabbaths, as you do?” (150 AD - Justin Martyr, Dialogue with Trypho)
  • "There was no need of circumcision before Abraham. Nor was there need of the observance of Sabbaths, or of feasts and sacrifices, before Moses. Accordingly, there is no more need of them now.” (150 AD - Justin Martyr, Dialogue with Trypho)

• “And on the day called Sunday, all who live in cities or in the country gather together to one place. And the memoirs of the apostles or the writings of the prophets are read, as long as time permits. Then, when the reader has ceased, the president verbally instructs us and exhorts us to imitate these good things. Then we all rise together and pray. And, as we said before, when our prayer is ended, bread and wine and water are brought. Then, the president in like manner offers prayers and thanksgivings, according to his ability. And the people assent, saying “Amen.”Then, the Lord’s Supper is distributed to everyone, and everyone participates in the bread and wine, over which thanks has been given. And a portion of it is sent by the deacons to those who are absent. ... But Sunday is the day on which we all hold our common assembly, because it is the first day on which God ...made the world. And Jesus Christ our Savior rose from the dead on that same day.” (155 AD - Justin Martyr, First Apology)

• “But as to their scrupulosity concerning meats, and their superstition as respects the Sabbaths, and their boasting about circumcision,and their fancies about fasting and the new moons, which are utterly ridiculous and unworthy of notice, … And to speak falsely of God, as if He forbade us to do what is good on the Sabbath-days,--how is not this impious?” (160 AD - The Epistle of Mathetes to Diognetus)

• “The Sabbaths taught that we should continue day by day in God's service...ministering continually to our faith, and persevering in it, and abstaining from all avarice, and not acquiring or possessing treasures upon earth. Moreover, the Sabbath of God, that is, the kingdom, was, as it were, indicated by created things; in which [kingdom], the man who shall have persevered in serving God shall, in a state of rest, partake of God's table.” (180 AD - Irenaeus, Against Heresies)

• “We do not follow the Jews in their peculiarities in regard to food nor in their sacred days.” (197 AD – Tertullian- An Answer to the Jews)

• “Just as the abolition of fleshly circumcision and of the old Law is demonstrated as having been consummated at its specific times, so also the observance of the Sabbath is demonstrated to have been temporary.” (197 AD – Tertullian - An Answer to the Jews)

• “Let the one who contends that the Sabbath is still to be observed as a balm of salvation,. . . prove to us that in times past righteous men kept the Sabbath, or practiced circumcision, and were thereby made "friends of God." God created Adam uncircumcised and non-observant of theSabbath.... Also, God freed from the deluge Noah, who was uncircumcised and did not observe the Sabbath. Enoch, too, He transported from this world, even though that most righteous man was uncircumcised and did not observe the Sabbath. ... Melchizedek also, "the priest of the most high God," although uncircumcised and not observing the Sabbath, was chosen to the priesthood of God.” (197 AD – Tertullian - An Answer to the Jews)

• “And let this become a rigorous fast, lest we should appear to observe any Sabbath with the Jews. For concerning the Sabbath, Christ himself, the Lord of the Sabbath, says by His prophets that “His soul hates.” In His body, He abolished this Sabbath.” (280 AD - Victorinus, On the Creation of the World).
I hope this helps.
Tri

Last edited by a moderator:
as a mechanic. lets say your car breaks down on the shabat. you are young and the ac went bad. do i as a jew sin in that i fix your car on the shabat?
Although it is extremely uncomfortable, A/C in a car is a luxury and not a true need. They can roll the windows down until Sunday. But say you see someone stranded on the side of the road. Whatever you have to do to get them going again is not breaking Sabbath: you are helping someone in need.

Now, suppose someone brings their car over for you to look at while you’re home on Sabbath. Can they wait until Sunday? Do they have any other source of transportation? If they can’t wait and they need to get somewhere important (a hospital, or to visit a sick friend, etc, etc) can you take them in your car and be there with them for moral support? Or are they just going someplace to “play?” The differing circumstances are endless, but you must use your own best judgment.

But then you have what I call “911 calls.” Being a crop duster, I know ALL about these 911 calls. The phones are silent all week, but then come 4:00 on Friday afternoon, they start ringing off the hook because the aphids are “eating me alive!” Of course those aphids were out there munching away in their fields since Monday while they were busy gossiping at the local Dairy Queen. But this is my philosophy on those “911 calls:” “Lack of preparation and planning on your part does NOT constitute an emergency on mine.” Yes, I’ve lost several jobs and a WHOLE lot of money because I wouldn’t spray on Sabbath. We are not rich, but we lack nothing, either. And I believe the Lord has blessed us and continues to provide for our every need BECAUSE we have obeyed His voice.

or let say you have allergies and your house ac is broken and the doctor says that its best to have that ac running to filter out the bad stuff. do i fix that on the shabat?
Allergies or not, a broken house A/C (or heater) I would consider life-threatening. To fix this, IMO would not violate Sabbath.

which one of these violates the shabat? as a liberty given christian i can work and it wont matter one iota. you on the other must discern what is proper.
According to Orthodox Judaism, you can’t even start your car on the Sabbath! According to the Lord, you must discern what is proper. According to the Church, hey- if it feels good do it ‘cuz you’re free to defile yourself under grace.

Last edited by a moderator:
Following is an abridged list of the many quotations regarding the Sabbath in the Early Church Fathers.There is complete agreement of the fathers on this doctrine. Anyone contending that the Sabbath should be observed today needs to answer why the Early Church Fathers taught in unison against this doctrine.
  • “no longer observing Sabbath, but living according to the Lord's life†(110 AD - Ignatius, Letter to the Magnesians)

• “However, the Jews, too have erred from true knowledge. In their imagination, they think that it is God whom they serve. Actually, by their type of worship, they render their service to the angels and not to God. For example, they do this when they celebrate Sabbaths.†(120 AD - Aristides - The Apology)

• “Is there any other matter my Jewish friends, in which we Christians are blamed, than this: that we do not live after the Law ... and do not observe Sabbaths, as you do?†(150 AD - Justin Martyr, Dialogue with Trypho)

• "There was no need of circumcision before Abraham. Nor was there need of the observance of Sabbaths, or of feasts and sacrifices, before Moses. Accordingly, there is no more need of them now.†(150 AD - Justin Martyr, Dialogue with Trypho)

• “And on the day called Sunday, all who live in cities or in the country gather together to one place. And the memoirs of the apostles or the writings of the prophets are read, as long as time permits. Then, when the reader has ceased, the president verbally instructs us and exhorts us to imitate these good things. Then we all rise together and pray. And, as we said before, when our prayer is ended, bread and wine and water are brought. Then, the president in like manner offers prayers and thanksgivings, according to his ability. And the people assent, saying “Amen.â€Then, the Lord’s Supper is distributed to everyone, and everyone participates in the bread and wine, over which thanks has been given. And a portion of it is sent by the deacons to those who are absent. ... But Sunday is the day on which we all hold our common assembly, because it is the first day on which God ...made the world. And Jesus Christ our Savior rose from the dead on that same day.†(155 AD - Justin Martyr, First Apology)

• “But as to their scrupulosity concerning meats, and their superstition as respects the Sabbaths, and their boasting about circumcision,and their fancies about fasting and the new moons, which are utterly ridiculous and unworthy of notice, … And to speak falsely of God, as if He forbade us to do what is good on the Sabbath-days,--how is not this impious?†(160 AD - The Epistle of Mathetes to Diognetus)

• “The Sabbaths taught that we should continue day by day in God's service...ministering continually to our faith, and persevering in it, and abstaining from all avarice, and not acquiring or possessing treasures upon earth. Moreover, the Sabbath of God, that is, the kingdom, was, as it were, indicated by created things; in which [kingdom], the man who shall have persevered in serving God shall, in a state of rest, partake of God's table.†(180 AD - Irenaeus, Against Heresies)

• “We do not follow the Jews in their peculiarities in regard to food nor in their sacred days.†(197 AD – Tertullian- An Answer to the Jews)

• “Just as the abolition of fleshly circumcision and of the old Law is demonstrated as having been consummated at its specific times, so also the observance of the Sabbath is demonstrated to have been temporary.†(197 AD – Tertullian - An Answer to the Jews)

• “Let the one who contends that the Sabbath is still to be observed as a balm of salvation,. . . prove to us that in times past righteous men kept the Sabbath, or practiced circumcision, and were thereby made "friends of God." God created Adam uncircumcised and non-observant of theSabbath.... Also, God freed from the deluge Noah, who was uncircumcised and did not observe the Sabbath. Enoch, too, He transported from this world, even though that most righteous man was uncircumcised and did not observe the Sabbath. ... Melchizedek also, "the priest of the most high God," although uncircumcised and not observing the Sabbath, was chosen to the priesthood of God.†(197 AD – Tertullian - An Answer to the Jews)

• “And let this become a rigorous fast, lest we should appear to observe any Sabbath with the Jews. For concerning the Sabbath, Christ himself, the Lord of the Sabbath, says by His prophets that “His soul hates.†In His body, He abolished this Sabbath.†(280 AD - Victorinus, On the Creation of the World).
I hope this helps.
Tri

Thank you for your study in this discussion.

Much appreciated.

JLB

John 8:32 wrote -

So it is abolished? How about a date with your wife, I'll come over tonight. When I leave I'll clean all the valuables out of your house and if you protest, look out. Because after all, faith abolishes the law.

I think you would have to speak to Handy's husband first!

JLB

:spit: LOL..... yeah, he'd have a problem... with me having a wife that is! :lol

OK, try that some time with the covenants and restrictions on a land deed. See if the judge rules the covenant concerning the deed null and void because one of the parties died.

What did Abraham obey that enabled him to ... and kept my charge, my commandments, my statutes, and my laws.

It is the same thing Jesus asks us to do in the new covenant!

Which is the point that Handy made at the end of her post.

This is why it is imperative for us to walk in the newness of the Spirit rather than in the letter of the Law.

The Lord told Abraham - Walk before Me and be blameless!

Walk with Me!

Walk in My Presence!

Walk in the Spirit!

Abide in Me, without Me you can do nothing!

For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, THESE are the sons of God!

We have a new divine nature from God, that is empowered by The Spirit.
Our work is to be filled with the Spirit and abide in His presence.

I find that those whose focus is on "keeping the Law" and telling others to do so, these very same people are not "baptized in the Holy Spirit" nor do they put any emphasis on relationship with God.

Just my observation.

Anything that is not of faith is sin!

JLB

:thumbsup

John.... It's been a long day and I have so much I should be doing... I might not get to all your points and such and forgive me if I don't. But, as I'm sitting here having a glass of iced tea and looking over this thread I'll try to address some things...

Why wouldn't he preach or observe another day such as Sunday if that were the proper day? Hmmm, so he was doing it wrong?
This is part of the problem... that there is a "proper day". Paul's custom was to preach in the synagogues on the Sabbath to be sure...

...but let's not forget that it was this same Paul who said,"Therefore no one is to act as your judge in regard to food or drink or in respect to a festival or a new moon or a Sabbath day—things which are a mere shadow of what is to come; but the substance belongs to Christ." Colossians 2:16-17

and...

"One person regards one day above another, another regards every day alike. Each person must be fully convinced in his own mind. He who observes the day, observes it for the Lord, and he who eats, does so for the Lord, for he gives thanks to God; and he who eats not, for the Lord he does not eat, and gives thanks to God." Romans 14:5-6

Obviously, Paul does not push the idea that there is a "proper day" to worship. There was for the Jews... and since Paul was a Jew and also trying to reach the Jews with the gospel, I can understand his custom of going to the synagogues and preaching the gospel and showing from the Scriptures how Christ fulfilled the Law and the Prophets.

However, for the Gentile converts who had no such custom, there is nothing at all to indicate that Paul or anyone else taught that they had to keep the Sabbath. It was certainly not part of the letter written to the Gentiles for the expressed purpose of telling them what parts of the Law of Moses that the Gentiles had to keep.

Let's read the letter in it's entirety:

“ The apostles and the brethren who are elders, to the brethren in Antioch and Syria and Cilicia who are from the Gentiles, greetings.

“Since we have heard that some of our number to whom we gave no instruction have disturbed you with their words, unsettling your souls, it seemed good to us, having become of one mind, to select men to send to you with our beloved Barnabas and Paul, men who have risked their lives for the name of our Lord Jesus Christ.

“Therefore we have sent Judas and Silas, who themselves will also report the same things by word of mouth.

“For it seemed good to the Holy Spirit and to us to lay upon you no greater burden than these essentials: that you abstain from things sacrificed to idols and from blood and from things strangled and from fornication; if you keep yourselves free from such things, you will do well. Farewell.†Acts 15:23-29

I'm sorry guys... this question was already settled 2000 years ago and it was written down in the Scriptures precisely so that there would be no confusion about it. The Pharisees back then kicked up a fuss (as some Pharisees seem to be doing today as well....:chin) wanting the Gentiles to be circumcised and to keep the Law of Moses.... but the council then made it perfectly clear:

Abstain from things sacrificed to idols.
Abstain from blood and from things strangled.
Abstain from fornication.

That's it. No "...oh yes, be sure to keep the Sabbath."

It's also important to keep in mind that the Sabbath Laws had nothing to do with worshiping God. It had to do with not doing any work. That's what "keeping the Sabbath" was... not taking part in work and resting on that day. The Jews custom was to worship God on the Sabbath day... but nowhere in Scripture is there ever a commandment to hold worship services on the Sabbath day. That is simply a Jewish tradition... just as holding worship services on Sunday is a Christian one.

John 8:32 said:
Problem is the Ten Commandments were around prior to the Old Covenant. They are not the Old Covenant.

Now this is an interesting statement.

I'm wondering what others think of this.

I have never heard of the Old Covenant being anything other than the Mosaic Covenant or the Law of which the 10 Commandment certainly are a part of.

This is different than the covenant with Abraham and the covenant with Noah.

John, could you elaborate what you mean here and I'd be interested in others thoughts as well.

I read a book recently and the author suggested it's important for Christians to keep the Sabbath and that it was Saturday and not Sunday.

Those who live by the Law - which was nailed to the cross with Christ - will lbe judged by the Law. Paul makes that point in Romans.

Relax. You are under no obligation to obey the Law of Moses. It's not for you.

Jesus Christ kept the Sabbath...
But when the fullness of the time came, God sent forth His Son, born of a woman, born under the Law, so that He might redeem those who were under the Law, that we might receive the adoption as sons. Galatians 4:4-5 (NASB)

Jesus Christ died to make Jew and Gentile alike sons of God. He did not die under the Law to leave us beholden to it.

Our adoption comes by Grace through faith in Christ's shed blood, not by keeping the Law!

People who insist that the Law is still in effect are no better than the Judaizers of Paul's day!

"I do not nullify the grace of God, for if righteousness comes through the Law, then Christ died needlessly." Galatians 2:21 (NASB)

It was for freedom that Christ set us free; therefore keep standing firm and do not be subject again to a yoke of slavery. Galatians 5:1 (NASB)

For the Law, since it has only a shadow of the good things to come and not the very form of things, can never, by the same sacrifices which they offer continually year by year, make perfect those who draw near. Hebrews 10:1 (NASB)

See this verse? Pull out all the adjectives, modifiers and parentheticals, and here's what it says:

For the Law can never make perfect those who draw near.

If any Christian is still keeping the Law, then the blood of Christ is of no use to them, and they will - when they die - be judged by the Law.

And no one is, was, or ever will be, sent to heaven because they were found righteous by or under the Law!

Those who preach and teach that people need to keep the Law are anathema to the gospel of Christ.

Now this is an interesting statement.

I'm wondering what others think of this.

I have never heard of the Old Covenant being anything other than the Mosaic Covenant or the Law of which the 10 Commandment certainly are a part of.

This is different than the covenant with Abraham and the covenant with Noah.

John, could you elaborate what you mean here and I'd be interested in others thoughts as well.

In the third month after the sons of Israel had gone out of the land of Egypt, on that very day they came into the wilderness of Sinai. When they set out from Rephidim, they came to the wilderness of Sinai and camped in the wilderness; and there Israel camped in front of the mountain.

Moses went up to God, and the LORD called to him from the mountain, saying, "Thus you shall say to the house of Jacob and tell the sons of Israel: 'You yourselves have seen what I did to the Egyptians, and how I bore you on eagles' wings, and brought you to Myself.

~'Now then, if you will indeed obey My voice and keep My covenant, then you shall be My own possession among all the peoples, for all the earth is Mine; and you shall be to Me a kingdom of priests and a holy nation.' These are the words that you shall speak to the sons of Israel." Exodus 19:1-6 (NASB)

While on Sinai, starting in chapter 20, God spoke to Moses and gave him the 10 commandments. Immediately following the issuing of the 10 Commandments -all of which fall under this covenant God made with Israel when He brought them out of Egypt - God begins handing down other commandments as part of this covenant of the Law:

~'You shall not make other gods besides Me; gods of silver or gods of gold, you shall not make for yourselves. Exodus 20:23 (NASB)

~'You shall make an altar of earth for Me, and you shall sacrifice on it your burnt offerings and your peace offerings, your sheep and your oxen; in every place where I cause My name to be remembered, I will come to you and bless you. ~'If you make an altar of stone for Me, you shall not build it of cut stones, for if you wield your tool on it, you will profane it. Exodus 20:24-25 (NASB)

And the rest of the Law is given starting in chapter 21:

"Now these are the ordinances which you are to set before them: Exodus 21:1 (NASB)

The 10 commandments were given as part of the whole Law of Moses during Israel's time at Sinai. To suggest that the 10 commandments are not part of the Law of Moses, or that the 10 commandments precede - by hundreds of years - the other ordinances of the Mosaic covenant is simply and utterly wrong.

Although it is extremely uncomfortable, A/C in a car is a luxury and not a true need. They can roll the windows down until Sunday. But say you see someone stranded on the side of the road. Whatever you have to do to get them going again is not breaking Sabbath: you are helping someone in need.

Now, suppose someone brings their car over for you to look at while you’re home on Sabbath. Can they wait until Sunday? Do they have any other source of transportation? If they can’t wait and they need to get somewhere important (a hospital, or to visit a sick friend, etc, etc) can you take them in your car and be there with them for moral support? Or are they just going someplace to “play?†The differing circumstances are endless, but you must use your own best judgment.

But then you have what I call “911 calls.†Being a crop duster, I know ALL about these 911 calls. The phones are silent all week, but then come 4:00 on Friday afternoon, they start ringing off the hook because the aphids are “eating me alive!†Of course those aphids were out there munching away in their fields since Monday while they were busy gossiping at the local Dairy Queen. But this is my philosophy on those “911 calls:†“Lack of preparation and planning on your part does NOT constitute an emergency on mine.†Yes, I’ve lost several jobs and a WHOLE lot of money because I wouldn’t spray on Sabbath. We are not rich, but we lack nothing, either. And I believe the Lord has blessed us and continues to provide for our every need BECAUSE we have obeyed His voice.

Allergies or not, a broken house A/C (or heater) I would consider life-threatening. To fix this, IMO would not violate Sabbath.

According to Orthodox Judaism, you can’t even start your car on the Sabbath! According to the Lord, you must discern what is proper. According to the Church, hey- if it feels good do it ‘cuz you’re free to defile yourself under grace.

but another would because they can live without ac. and their rabbi. the point here is that grace isnt.

so you dont work on friday at 6pm till saturday at 6pm?give or take a few minutes?that isnt what my church teaches. grace isnt merit to sin. if you think that then you dont understand grace at all.

NOW THEN. TO ME I MUST BE CAUTIOUS ON THIS MESSIANIC STUFF.AS IT HAS HAPPENED IN THE PAST WITH MY GRANDPARENTS AND UNCLES FUNERAL. I NEARLY CONVERTED TO JUDAISM. ITs one thing to read about it, but another when you realise that your faith has the rich history and culture to it. modern day christianity fails to allow the culture of what the jews have. we do church but they are the church.in the bible the indivual person is the church in the new testament era and when we gathered we become even more so.

rest is fine. but im not going to say thats its mandated. paul didnt and i wont.

well move to florida with that roll down the windows logic and i can say that about home ac too. yet with my asthma it seems to get better if i stay inside. hmm my wife is the same.

i can live without it but well if i ignore the coughs and whease it has away of returning the favor.

The symptoms of asthma can be very distressing for sufferers as they included wheezing, shortness of breath, coughing, chest tightness and in severe cases people can experience full blown asthma attacks. These occur when the windpipe begins to tighten dramatically and the person is not able breath properly. Such attacks can be stabilized 90% of the time with an inhaler that contains either glucocorticoids or oral steroids that help loosen the muscle tension in the windpipe and allow the patient to breathe again more freely. Asthma in adults is less common with most people growing out the affliction by the time they reach puberty, but for those who do still have Asthma in adulthood it is generally controlled with inhalers and regular visits to the doctor. Doctors will also keep a monitor of the patients lung capacity through a peak flow device that the patient blows into, to check whether their condition is improving or worsening.
Although there is no official cure for asthma there are things you can do to curb the harsher of its more dangerous symptoms, such as never smoking and always avoiding being around people who do smoke for too long. Also you will benefit largely from getting a good ventilation system installed in your home through things such as ceiling fans, air conditioning and air purifiers, as the cleaner the air you breathe the better your chest and asthma it will be. It would also be wise to purchase a dehumidifier if you live in hotter countries, as too much humidity and moisture in the air can irritate your asthma and is best avoided.

http://medicsalertbracelets.com/good-air-conditioner-asthma/
i have exercised induced asthma.its triggered by simply doing cardio.an asthma while driving is well deadly in that someone may die as the person clearing their throught may hit another.i have had attacks in my car.

Those who live by the Law - which was nailed to the cross with Christ - will lbe judged by the Law. Paul makes that point in Romans.

Relax. You are under no obligation to obey the Law of Moses. It's not for you.

So murder, adultery, theft, lying, using the name of God in vain, etc. are just fine?

Glad we are not neighbors, I surely don't need someone with your standards living next to me.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back