Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

Can true Christians lose their salvation ?

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Whats that got to do with forfeiting your salvation? Here's an interesting verse:

1 Timothy 1:19 "..faith and a good conscience, which some have rejected and suffered shipwreck in regard to their faith.."

If you are saved by faith, and if you can make a shipwreck of your faith, then you can make a shipwreck of your salvation.

Catholic Crusader said:
Whats that got to do with forfeiting your salvation? Here's an interesting verse:

1 Timothy 1:19 "..faith and a good conscience, which some have rejected and suffered shipwreck in regard to their faith.."

If you are saved by faith, and if you can make a shipwreck of your faith, then you can make a shipwreck of your salvation.

CC,
At times even the strong in the Lord waver, but God does not waver and is able to keep us in the palm of His hand. Those who never in this realm come back to the faith, never really knew Christ.
1 John 2:19 (Young's Literal Translation
"19out of us they went forth, but they were not of us, for if they had been of us, they would have remained with us; but -- that they might be manifested that they are not all of us."
Peace, Bubba

Bubba said:
Catholic Crusader said:
CC, At times even the strong in the Lord waver, but God does not waver and is able to keep us in the palm of His hand. Those who never in this realm come back to the faith, never really knew Christ.
1 John 2:19 (Young's Literal Translation
"19out of us they went forth, but they were not of us, for if they had been of us, they would have remained with us; but -- that they might be manifested that they are not all of us."
Peace, Bubba

A HA! I knew it came down to this. So you are saying that even if a person decides to forfeit their salvation, God will not let them, correct? That totally takes free will out of the equation, and I cannot accept that. If tomorrow, I say, "ah, God is a bunch of baloney. I've decided there is no God", then God WILL honor my free will, and I WILL forfeit my salvation.

Otherwise, whats the point in having a hell? If we can just do whatever we want and not worry about hell, than these verses don't make sense:

"He who endures to the end will be saved" (Matt. 24:13; cf. 25:31-46)

"See, then, the kindness and severity of God: severity toward those who fell, but God's kindness to you, provided you remain in his kindness, otherwise you too will be cut off" (Rom. 11:22-23; Matt. 18:21-35, 1 Cor. 15:1-2, 2 Pet. 2:20-21).

"Whoever thinks he is standing secure should take care not to fall" (1 Cor. 10:11-12).

"I pummel my body and subdue it, lest after preaching to others I myself should be disqualified" (1 Cor. 9:27).

No, God gave you free will, and He will not snatch it away from you if you decide to reject him.

Bubba said:
Francisdesales,
This is from a commentary I read that maybe will help you see, that the Gentile (2:15) still would have to obey all commands of the conscience to gain salvation apart from Christ's atoning death. A circumcision of the heart for both groups is a divine act of God (Ezek. 36:22-28). The whole chapter of Romans 2 is that of judgment leading to the only answer for the human race in Romans 3.

Chapter 3 tells us that the written law cannot save, not that men of faith cannot be saved. The spiritual Jews shall be saved by God, not the national Jew, the Jew of the flesh. Chapter 3 speaks of those who rely on the written Law. Paul gives evidence from the Psalms about how "faithful" those who relied on the Law remained... NOT that "all" men were unfaithful.

You are incorrectly presuming that I believe that the Gentiles are earning their salvation without God! How did you come to that conclusion, when I have said time and time again that NO ONE can save themselves?

The Gentiles receive a Law written on their hearts - Who do you think put it there?

Christ said NO ONE can do NO good without me. I fail to see a Scripture verse in Romans 2 that precludes the Holy Spirit from blowing where HE wills and coming even to pagans of an open mind and good will. Those who seek God in faith are pleasing to Him

without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him. Heb 11:6

If you care to read the rest of Hebrews 11, you will find a list of people that followed God based upon faith - upon people who did not know Jesus Christ. Some of these people were faithful to God even before the Mosaic Law was given, as Paul notes in Romans 4. The written law does not justify, faith in God does. And since faith is a gift, last I read Eph 2:8-9, God CAN give that gift to whomever He wills, including someone who has never heard of Jesus of Nazareth.

The Gentile's works can justify to the same degree that Abraham's works justified. All done in Christ and the Holy Spirit, who blows where He wills.

Regards

"Whoever thinks he is standing secure should take care not to fall" (1 Cor. 10:11-12).

"I pummel my body and subdue it, lest after preaching to others I myself should be disqualified" (1 [quote:a1745]A HA! I knew it came down to this. So you are saying that even if a person decides to forfeit their salvation, God will not let them, correct? That totally takes free will out of the equation, and I cannot accept that. If tomorrow, I say, "ah, God is a bunch of baloney. I've decided there is no God", then God WILL honor my free will, and I WILL forfeit my salvation.

Otherwise, whats the point in having a hell? If we can just do whatever we want and not worry about hell, than these verses don't make sense:

"He who endures to the end will be saved" (Matt. 24:13; cf. 25:31-46)

"See, then, the kindness and severity of God: severity toward those who fell, but God's kindness to you, provided you remain in his kindness, otherwise you too will be cut off" (Rom. 11:22-23; Matt. 18:21-35, 1 Cor. 15:1-2, 2 Pet. 2:20-21).
Cor. 9:27).

No, God gave you free will, and He will not snatch it away from you if you decide to reject him.[/quote:a1745][/quote]
CC,
Those who persevere, overcome, don't get disqualified, don't get cut off are those the Holy Spirit efficaciously brings to glory. All good gifts of righteousness come from above (1Cor.4:7, James 1:17). God always corrects those who fall away, the elect in this life, the rest in the realm to come. I do not believe in eternal punishment, but I do believe in a remedial Hell, much like the RCC believe in a Purgatory for some (not all).
Grace, Bubba

Bubba said:
..God always corrects those who fall away, the elect in this life, the rest in the realm to come...

I smell Calvinism. Very bad.. ..and dangerous

francisdesales said:
Bubba said:
Francisdesales,
This is from a commentary I read that maybe will help you see, that the Gentile (2:15) still would have to obey all commands of the conscience to gain salvation apart from Christ's atoning death. A circumcision of the heart for both groups is a divine act of God (Ezek. 36:22-28). The whole chapter of Romans 2 is that of judgment leading to the only answer for the human race in Romans 3.

Chapter 3 tells us that the written law cannot save, not that men of faith cannot be saved. The spiritual Jews shall be saved by God, not the national Jew, the Jew of the flesh. Chapter 3 speaks of those who rely on the written Law. Paul gives evidence from the Psalms about how "faithful" those who relied on the Law remained... NOT that "all" men were unfaithful.

You are incorrectly presuming that I believe that the Gentiles are earning their salvation without God! How did you come to that conclusion, when I have said time and time again that NO ONE can save themselves?

The Gentiles receive a Law written on their hearts - Who do you think put it there?

Christ said NO ONE can do NO good without me. I fail to see a Scripture verse in Romans 2 that precludes the Holy Spirit from blowing where HE wills and coming even to pagans of an open mind and good will. Those who seek God in faith are pleasing to Him

without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him. Heb 11:6

If you care to read the rest of Hebrews 11, you will find a list of people that followed God based upon faith - upon people who did not know Jesus Christ. Some of these people were faithful to God even before the Mosaic Law was given, as Paul notes in Romans 4. The written law does not justify, faith in God does. And since faith is a gift, last I read Eph 2:8-9, God CAN give that gift to whomever He wills, including someone who has never heard of Jesus of Nazareth.

The Gentile's works can justify to the same degree that Abraham's works justified. All done in Christ and the Holy Spirit, who blows where He wills.

Regards

Francisdesales,
What I think your failing to realize, is that the Heathen or Pagan will never follow their conscience completely, thus, in Romans 2:15 they are still in need of a Savior.In regards to Heb. 11:6, God by changing the elects heart makes them able and willing to diligently seek Him. Until this change happens they are stuck in Romans 3:10-18 (bit of a paradox isn't it?).
Peace, Bubba

What I think your failing to realize, is that the Heathen or Pagan will never follow their conscience completely...
Hey, you can't make a blanket judment on entire groups of people like that. Thats WAY out of line. Only GOD knows the hearts of men

Catholic Crusader said:
What I think your failing to realize, is that the Heathen or Pagan will never follow their conscience completely...
Hey, you can't make a blanket judment on entire groups of people like that. Thats WAY out of line. Only GOD knows the hearts of men

Jer. 17:9-10
"The heart is more deceitful than all else
And is desperately sick;
Who can understand it?
10 “I, the LORD, search the heart,
I test the mind,
Even to give to each man according to his ways,
According to the results of his deeds. "

These verses pretty much say it all in respect to man's heart.
Bubba

Bubba said:
Catholic Crusader said:
Jer. 17:9-10
"The heart is more deceitful than all else
And is desperately sick;
Who can understand it?
10 “I, the LORD, search the heart,
I test the mind,
Even to give to each man according to his ways,
According to the results of his deeds. "

These verses pretty much say it all in respect to man's heart. Bubba
I don't see anywhere in that verse that Bubba is allowed to judge whether entire groups of people will or will not follow their conscience. And I ALSO don't see in there that Christians are exempt, which blows your whole you-can't-lose-your-salvation theory.

I tell you: There will be many non-Christians in heaven, and there will be many Bible-thumpers in hell. You can take that to the bank.

CCC 847: "....Those who, through no fault of their own, do not know the Gospel of Christ or his Church, but who nevertheless seek God with a sincere heart, and, moved by grace, try in their actions to do his will as they know it through the dictates of their conscience - those too may achieve eternal salvation."
http://www.vatican.va/archive/catechism/p123a9p3.htm

Bubba said:
Francisdesales,
What I think your failing to realize, is that the Heathen or Pagan will never follow their conscience completely, thus, in Romans 2:15 they are still in need of a Savior.In regards to Heb. 11:6, God by changing the elects heart makes them able and willing to diligently seek Him. Until this change happens they are stuck in Romans 3:10-18 (bit of a paradox isn't it?).

Bubba,

thanks for your continued responses...

NONE of us will follow their conscience completely. WE ALL NEED A SAVIOR! Whether it is you, me, or the pagan. For His Own reasons, God has chosen to call some of us to the Church, while others, God calls via the "natural conscience", the law written within their hearts. God calls some pagans to be spiritual Jews. They do this by the grace of Jesus' work on the cross, since God is not bound by the sacrament of baptism. Ordinarily, God calls us through the Church, through Baptism. But He can call pagans of good will who do not know of Jesus of Nazareth to follow that law printed upon their hearts. This is a result of God's Spirit working within that person.

We ALL need a savior. Some may not know the fullness of truth. Not only Roman Catholics are going to heaven. Not only Christians are going to heaven. Those who are of God, those who love, are going to heaven. Simple as that.

Romans 3 is dealing with Jews. Those are all verses that Paul quotes from the Psalms to show that the Jew who externally follows the Law is no more righteous than the pagan without the Law. It is not an indictment upon all men are evil, since the Bible over and over says some are indeed rigtheous as a result of God's graces. Not externally righteous, but internally. Zechariah is righteous. Elizabeth. Joseph. Righteous because they believed that God would deliver on His promises. Reading Romans 3 carefully helps to understand that Paul is NOT saying all men are evil, but that the Jews are no better than the pagans. In other words, the law does not justify. Isn't that the ending of Romans 3? We are justified by faith, not by works of the law...

Regards

Hello Everyone! :)

First of all let me state that I have absolutely no religious affiliations of any kind. I am a Jewish Catholic Protestant Charismatic, Pentecostal, raised atheist.:o But please don't feel sorry for my lack of a religious upbringing. Indeed it is a HUGE advantage, seeing I am not encumbered by any
preconceived religious ideas and completely free to depend only on the call of God and the Holy Spirit to teach me the love, mercy and kindness of God revealed in His Word.

However, by no means do I demean God's gift of the Teaching Ministry. It is absolutely necessary for upbuilding, edification and unity in the Body of Christ. In my own case I mentioned depending on the Holy Spirit AND the call of God given to me over 60 years ago but totally ignored for 30 years after that.:crying:

My religion is my personal relationship with my longsuffering very patient Heavenly Father. I sought the Lord about 38 years ago, not out of religious training, but out of a real desperate need in my life. And I found Him to be a "real-life" God, patiently guiding me out of trouble and the snares of death into the very best life anyone could have.

The Lord will come into your life only as much as YOU will allow Him to. He is always a perfect "Gentleman." He will never force Himself into anyone's life without their asking.

Much to my great surprise I have also found that the Lord has actually made us "the captain of our ship and the master of our soul." This was indeed a great surprise to me because, like most believers, I always assumed the Lord was "doing all the driving" in my life. But now, having been correctly taught, I constantly have to remember not to "take my hands off 'the wheel,'" because, as the Lord showed me, I'M doing all "the driving" in my life hopefully under His guidance and not my own stubborn way!

But here are some verses that I believe are more relevant to the topic we've been talking about here. The NT writers pretty much cover it all:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Jhn 1:9 [That] was the true Light, which lighteth every man that cometh into the world.

Rom 1:18-25 For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness;

19 Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed [it] unto them.

20 For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, [even] his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:

21 Because that, when they knew God, they glorified [him] not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.

22 Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,

23 And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things.

24 Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves:

25 Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.

(underlines and color emphases are my own).
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Grace then Peace,
"Arph"
-------------

Jhn 1:9 [That] was the true Light, which lighteth every man that cometh into the world.

What does that verse have to do with forfeiting your salvation?

francisdesales said:
Bubba said:
Francisdesales,

Bubba,

thanks for your continued responses...

NONE of us will follow their conscience completely. WE ALL NEED A SAVIOR! Whether it is you, me, or the pagan. For His Own reasons, God has chosen to call some of us to the Church, while others, God calls via the "natural conscience", the law written within their hearts. God calls some pagans to be spiritual Jews. They do this by the grace of Jesus' work on the cross, since God is not bound by the sacrament of baptism. Ordinarily, God calls us through the Church, through Baptism. But He can call pagans of good will who do not know of Jesus of Nazareth to follow that law printed upon their hearts. This is a result of God's Spirit working within that person.

We ALL need a savior. Some may not know the fullness of truth. Not only Roman Catholics are going to heaven. Not only Christians are going to heaven. Those who are of God, those who love, are going to heaven. Simple as that.

Romans 3 is dealing with Jews. Those are all verses that Paul quotes from the Psalms to show that the Jew who externally follows the Law is no more righteous than the pagan without the Law. It is not an indictment upon all men are evil, since the Bible over and over says some are indeed rigtheous as a result of God's graces. Not externally righteous, but internally. Zechariah is righteous. Elizabeth. Joseph. Righteous because they believed that God would deliver on His promises. Reading Romans 3 carefully helps to understand that Paul is NOT saying all men are evil, but that the Jews are no better than the pagans. In other words, the law does not justify. Isn't that the ending of Romans 3? We are justified by faith, not by works of the law...

Regards

Francisdesales,
My thought is that all people will eventually be reconciled to God but only through knowledge of Christ. Those whom you place in a category of “people of good willâ€Â, I would say are those in the next realm who may experience no displeasure but a complete understanding of what Jesus did on the cross. While those who were not in the category of “people of good wlll†are going to experience an unpleasant period of time as the “dross†is consumed by God’s refining fire. As you know this is not the traditional line of thought for the Church. Possibly, we are fairly close in regards to those with some enlightenment but not complete (the cross).
I would only add that those who Paul mentions that are circumcised of the heart , I believe are the true Church, which does not come from Gentiles having a good conscience and trying to uphold their sense of right and wrong (Romans 2:15) or by ethnic Jews trying to uphold the Law.
Sincerely, Bubba

Catholic Crusader said:

What does that verse have to do with forfeiting your salvation?
CC,
The context of the passage is that light has come into the world, but man has not received the light (man's responsibility), but God has open the eyes of the elect of this age to receive (God's sovereignty, verse13).
Verse 9 to a Universalist, is that alll men will eventually receive the light.
Peace, Bubba
John 1:3-13, "Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made. 4In him was life, and that life was the light of men. 5The light shines in the darkness, but the darkness has not understood[a] it.
6There came a man who was sent from God; his name was John. 7He came as a witness to testify concerning that light, so that through him all men might believe. 8He himself was not the light; he came only as a witness to the light. 9The true light that gives light to every man was coming into the world.

10He was in the world, and though the world was made through him, the world did not recognize him. 11He came to that which was his own, but his own did not receive him. 12Yet to all who received him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God 13children born not of natural descent,[c] nor of human decision or a husband's will, but born of God.

Hi CC! :)

You wrote: "What does that verse have to do with forfeiting your salvation?" (end quote).

My reply: I thought we also had been discussing persons who had never heard the name of Jesus being able to receive God's priceless FREE GIFT of salvation.

"Forfeit" would not be an accurate word to attempt to describe a vain attempt by any believer to undo the eternal inner work of God completed within all believers. Could you undo the birth of a newborn baby? Some try:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ecc 3:14 I know that, whatsoever God doeth, it shall be for ever: nothing can be put to it, nor any thing taken from it: and God doeth [it], that [men] should fear before him. (underlines and color emphases are my own).
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In an earlier post you mentioned "the error" of my seeing salvation as a one-time, God-wrought permanent inner transformation from spiritual death into a new creature in Christ Jesus. My "error" as you call it, is that by agreeing with Paul, Peter and James that all believers have received "the engrafted Word," "the incorruptible seed" which is able to save their souls, I give the Lord ALL THE CREDIT for the basic inner change of nature, without which no other change would be possible. It's the same old "battle" that's been going on for millenia: "Does God get the credit for saving Man or does Man get some of the credit also?" :-?

My doctrine of BASIC salvation is that, as an instantaneous, permanent, one-time event, GOD gets ALL THE CREDIT and Man gets none, because Man could not possibly produce such an instantaneous inner transformation of a person's very nature as was produced in the thief on the cross.

Grace then Peace,
"Arph"
----------------

Bubba said:
Francisdesales,
My thought is that all people will eventually be reconciled to God but only through knowledge of Christ.

Yes, and we disagree. The bible contrasts eternal life with eternal death, so any idea of "temporary punishment" must also take into account redefining the length of "eternal" life. The word "eternal" is forever in both applications.

Bubba said:
Those whom you place in a category of “people of good willâ€Â, I would say are those in the next realm who may experience no displeasure but a complete understanding of what Jesus did on the cross.

Probably.

Bubba said:
While those who were not in the category of “people of good wlll†are going to experience an unpleasant period of time as the “dross†is consumed by God’s refining fire.

Again, my friend, the Bible doesn't make any such claims to purge the dross from the wicked. In every case I have found, the wicked are cast into an abyss, a chasm. They are completely separated from God because of their intransigent wickedness that will NOT change. I don't see the idea that God saves those who DO NOT WANT to be saved.

Bubba said:
As you know this is not the traditional line of thought for the Church. Possibly, we are fairly close in regards to those with some enlightenment but not complete (the cross).

It sounds like we agree now that God can reach out to even those who do not have knowledge of Jesus. I continue to disagree with the idea that God WILL save all men. But that is a forbidden topic, so I'll stop there.

Regards

francisdesales said:
Bubba said:
Francisdesales,
My thought is that all people will eventually be reconciled to God but only through knowledge of Christ.

Yes, and we disagree. The bible contrasts eternal life with eternal death, so any idea of "temporary punishment" must also take into account redefining the length of "eternal" life. The word "eternal" is forever in both applications.

Bubba said:
Those whom you place in a category of “people of good willâ€Â, I would say are those in the next realm who may experience no displeasure but a complete understanding of what Jesus did on the cross.

Probably.

Bubba said:
While those who were not in the category of “people of good wlll†are going to experience an unpleasant period of time as the “dross†is consumed by God’s refining fire.

Again, my friend, the Bible doesn't make any such claims to purge the dross from the wicked. In every case I have found, the wicked are cast into an abyss, a chasm. They are completely separated from God because of their intransigent wickedness that will NOT change. I don't see the idea that God saves those who DO NOT WANT to be saved.

Bubba said:
As you know this is not the traditional line of thought for the Church. Possibly, we are fairly close in regards to those with some enlightenment but not complete (the cross).

It sounds like we agree now that God can reach out to even those who do not have knowledge of Jesus. I continue to disagree with the idea that God WILL save all men. But that is a forbidden topic, so I'll stop there.

Regards

Francisdesales,
A year or so, I would of agreed with the traditional view of Hell as you, but several books later and a lot of articles, I have come to see that the UR people have as much, if not more on their side as those who consider themselves orthodox. Honestly, check it out for yourself and weigh the evidence, you may be surprised.
Grace, Bubba

Arphaxad said:
My doctrine of BASIC salvation is that, as an instantaneous, permanent, one-time event, GOD gets ALL THE CREDIT and Man gets none, because Man could not possibly produce such an instantaneous inner transformation of a person's very nature as was produced in the thief on the cross.

And what about the other thief? Does not God desire all men to be saved? Or does God's salvation depend on man's response as well?

According to you, God does not desire all men to be saved - because we know that all men will not be saved - and God is responsible for everything... Thus, if man has no responsibility (or ability, you seem to say) to respond, then God says "I desire all men to be saved", and then turns around and says "all men will not be saved because I don't will it". This is a contradiction.

Why are you ignoring synergy? This is not about giving man 1% of the credit. It is about man accepting God is working 100% and saying "yes" to God's work within us humbly. It is not about taking credit. Salvation is a freely-given gift, not about getting credit. However, without man accepting and using the gift given, the gift is not used and cannot save, since God has chosen not to save men who do not desire to be saved and who let the gift fall dormant. God allows man to refuse God's gift of salvation. This is the only explanation for the paradox of "God desires all men to be saved" and "all men are not saved". Man's response is taken into account - although man gets no credit because he did nothing good alone.

Remember the parable of the talents. Who is punished? They are ALL given talents. The first two earn money for their master only because they had talents in the first place. The third servant chose not to use the gift, let it fall useless. He was punished, cast out because he refused to put the talent to use intended. Did the first two earn anything? Did they earn money based upon their money? No... Their free will worked with God's 100% capital investment. And thus, they were rewarded. In the same way, God expects men to respond to His promptings of our will and desires (cf Phil 2:12-13). Otherwise, every commandment given in Scriptures is pointless.

Regards

Are these Bible verses true or false? Bubba

Jesus Christ is the Son of God. (John 1:1, Mark 20:31) T or F

He was crucified, was buried and rose again on the third day. (Acts 2:23; 4:10) T or F

Jesus Christ's blood was shed for the remission of sins. (Matt. 26:8) T or F

"The Father has sent the Son as Savior of the world." (1 John 4:14) T or F

Jesus is "the Christ, the Savior of the world." (John 4:42) T or F

"This is good and acceptable in the sight of our God our saviour; Who will have all men to be saved, and to come to the knowledge of the truth. For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus: Who gave himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time." (1 Tim. 2:3-6, KJV) T or F

Jesus "is the propitiation for our sins, and not for ours only but also for the whole world." (1 John 2:2) T or F

Jesus "did not come to judge the world but to save the WORLD." (John 12:47) T or F

"Jesus, was made a little lower than the angels, for the suffering of death crowned with glory and honor, that He, by the grace of God, might taste death for EVERYONE." (Heb. 2:9) T or F

"Love NEVER fails." (1 Cor. 13:8) T or F

"With God NOTHING is impossible." (Luke 1:37) T or F

"This is a faithful saying and worthy of all acceptance. For to this end we both labor and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, Who is the Savior of ALL MEN, especially of those who believe. These things command and teach." (1 Tim. 4:9-11) (Remember, answer OUT LOUD True or False to each of these statements.)

"At the name of Jesus EVERY knee should bow, of those in heaven, and those on earth, and of those under the earth, and that EVERY tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord to the glory of God the Father." (Phil. 2:10:11) T or F

"God was pleased to have all fullness dwell in Him, and through Him to reconcile to Himself ALL THINGS on earth or in heaven, by making peace through His blood, shed on the cross. Once you were alienated from God and were enemies in your minds because of your evil behavior. But now he has reconciled you by Christ's physical body through death to present you holy in His sight, without blemish and free from accusation." (Col. 1:19, 21, 22) T or F

In Jesus Christ is "the restoration of ALL THINGS, which God has spoken by the mouth of all His holy prophets since the world began." (Acts 3:21) T or F

The Gospel is "good tidings of great joy will be to ALL people." (Luke 2:10) T or F

Believers in Christ are "born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God." (John 1:13) T or F

God appointed Jesus "heir of ALL THINGS, and through whom He made the universe." (Heb. 1:2) T or F

"No one can come to Christ unless the Father who sent Him draws him." (John 6:44) T or F

"As God gave Jesus authority over ALL FLESH, that he should give eternal life to as many as God gave Him." (John 17:2) T or F

The Father "has given ALL THINGS into Jesus' hands." (John 13:3) T or F

Jesus "was the true light which gives light to EVERY MAN who come into the world." (John 1:9) (Remember, answer out loud True or False to each of these statements.)

"Just as the result of one trespass was condemnation of ALL MEN, so also the result of one act of righteousness was justification that brings life for ALL MEN." (Rom. 5:18) T or F

Jesus is "able even to subdue ALL THINGS to Himself." (Phil. 3:21) T or F

Jesus came "that in the dispensation of the fullness of the times he might gather together in one ALL THINGS in Christ, both which are in heaven and which are on earth in Him. In Him also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestined according to the purpose of Him who works ALL THINGS according to the counsel of His will." (Eph. 1:10, 11) T or F

"The Lord is not slack concerning His promise, as some count slackness, but is longsuffering towards us, not willing that any should perish, but that ALL should come to repentance." (2 Peter 3:9) T or F

"God was Christ reconciling THE WORLD to Himself in Christ, not counting men's sins against them. And He has committed to us the message of reconciliation. We are therefore Christ's ambassadors as though God were making His appeal through us. We implore you on Christ's behalf: be reconciled to God." (2 Cor. 5:19, 20) T or F

"ALL the nations shall be blessed." (Gal 3:8) T or F

"The Bread of God is He who comes down from heaven and gives Life to the WORLD." (John 6:33) T or F

Jesus commanded us to be like Himself and His Father: "Love your enemies, bless those who hate you, and pray for those who spitefully use you and persecute you that you may be sons of your Father in heaven." (Matt. 5:44, 45) True or False

"And I, if I am lifted up from the earth, will draw (drag in the Greek, helkuo) ALL MANKIND unto Myself." (John 12:32) T or F

"Creation was subjected to futility, not willingly, but because of Him who subjected it in hope, because creation itself also will be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God." (Rom. 8:20, 21) T or F

"The Father loves the Son and has given ALL THINGS into His hands." (John 3:35) T or F

"Since by man came death, by man also came the resurrection of the dead. For as in Adam ALL died, even so in Christ ALL shall be made alive." (1 Cor. 15:22) T or F

Jesus "is the image of the invisible God, the first born over ALL CREATION. For by Him all things were created that are in heaven and that are on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones, or dominions, or principalities or powers. All things were created through Him and for Him." (Co. 1:15, 16) True or False

"ALL shall know the Lord, from the least of them to the greatest of them." (Heb. 8:11) T or F

"The grace of God that brings salvation has appeared to ALL MEN." (Titus 2:11) T or F

We are not to "repay evil for evil." (Rom. 12:17) True or False

"If anyone's work which he has built endures, he will receive a reward. If anyone's work is burned, he will suffer loss; but he himself will be saved yet so as through fire." (1 Cor. 3:14, 15) T or F

"Of Him and through Him and to Him are ALL THINGS, to whom be glory forever. Amen" (Rom. 11:36) T or F

"ALL Israel will be saved." (Rom. 11:26) T or F

"Christ's love compels us, because we are convinced that one died for ALL, and therefore all died." (2 Cor. 5:14) True or False.

"The head of EVERY man is Christ, the head of woman is man, and the head of Christ is God." (1 Cor. 11:3) T or F

"ALL nations shall come and worship You, for your judgments have been made manifested." (Rev. 15:4) T or F

"When God's judgments are in the earth, the inhabitants of the WORLD will learn righteousness." (Isaiah 26:9) T or F

"Mercy shall TRIUMPH OVER (exalt over) judgment." (James 2:13) (Remember, answer out loud True or False to each of these statements.)

"Where sin abounded, grace abounded much more." (Rom. 5:20) T or F

"EVERY CREATURE which is in heaven and on the earth and under the earth and such as are in the sea, and all that are in them, I heard saying: blessing and honor and glory and power be to Him who sits on the throne, and to the Lamb, forever and ever." (Rev. 5:13) T or F

If we REALLY knew the Lord, we "would not have condemned the guiltless." (Matt. 12:7) (Remember, answer out loud True or False to each of these statements.)

"God willed to make known what are the riches of the glory of this mystery among the gentiles, which is Christ in you the hope of glory. Him we preach, warning EVERY MAN and teaching EVERY MAN man in all wisdom that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus." (Col. 1: 27, 28) T or F

"ALL nations whom God has made will come and worship before Him" (Psalm 86:9)

God's "mercy endures forever." (1 Chron. 16:34) T or F

God's Spirit "will be poured out on ALL FLESH." (Joel 2:28) T or F

God beckons us: "Come, and let us return to the Lord, for He has torn, but He will heal us. He has stricken, but He will bind us. After 2 days, He will revive us. On the THIRD DAY He will raise us up that we may live in His sight." (Hosea 6:1, 2) T or F

"The Lord had made bare His Holy arm in the eyes of all the nations; and ALL the ends of the earth shall see the salvation of our God." (Isaiah 52:10) T or F

"The glory of the Lord shall be revealed, and ALL FLESH shall see it together; for the mouth of the Lord has spoken." (Isaiah 40:5) T or F

God will "open His hand and satisfy the desire of EVERY living thing." (Psalm 145:16) T or F

God is "gracious in ALL His works." (Psalm 145:17) T or F

"The EARTH is the Lord's and ALL its fullness, the world and those who dwell therein." (Psalm 24:1) T or F

"ALL the kings of the earth shall praise you, 0 Lord, when they hear the words of your mouth." (Psalm 138:4) T or F

God "reveals Himself by those who did not ask for Him: He was found by those who did not seek Him." (Isaiah 65:1) T or F

"The Lord is gracious and full of compassion, slow to anger and great in mercy. The Lord is good to ALL, and His tender mercies are over ALL His works. ALL your works shall praise you, 0 Lord." (Psalm 145:8-10) T or F

"ALL the ends of the world shall remember and turn to the Lord, and ALL the families of the nations shall worship before You. ALL those who go down to the dust (death) shall bow before You." (Psalm 22:27, 29) T or F

"0 You Who hear prayer, to you ALL flesh will come. Iniquities prevail against me; as for our transgressions, you will provide atonement for them." (Psalm 65:2-4) T or F

"Through the greatness of your power your enemies shall submit themselves to you. ALL the earth shall worship You and sing praises to you." (Psalm 66:3, 4) T or F

"Through the Lord's mercies we are not consumed, because His compassions FAIL NOT. They are new every morning. Great is your faithfulness." (Lam. 3:21-24) T or F

"The Lord will NOT cast off forever. Though He causes grief, yet He will show compassion according to the multitude of His

mercies." (Lam. 3:31, 32) (Remember, answer out loud True or False to each of these statements.)

"For I will not contend forever, Nor will I always be angry; For the spirit would fail before Me, And the souls which I have made." (Isaiah 57:16) T or F

"There is no God besides Me, a just God and Savior; There is none besides Me. Look to Me and be saved, all you ends of the earth! For I am God, and there is no other. I have sworn by Myself; the word has gone out of My mouth in righteousness, and shall not return, that to me every knee shall bow, every tongue shall take an oath. He shall say, surely in the Lord I have righteousness and strength. To Him men shall come, and all shall be ashamed who are incensed against Him. In the Lord ALL the descendants of Israel shall be justified and shall glory." (Isaiah 45:21-25) T or F

"In this mountain the Lord of Hosts will make for all people a feast of choice pieces, a feast of wines on the lees, of fat things full of marrow, of well-refined wines on the lees. And he shall destroy on this mountain the surface of the covering cast over ALL nations. He will swallow up death forever, and the Lord will wipe away tears from all faces." (Isaiah 25:6-8)

"ALL the nations of the earth shall be blessed." (Gen. 18:18) T or F

"ALL the families of the earth shall be blessed." (Gen. 12:3, 28:14) T or F

"It shall come to pass the saying that is written: `death is swallowed up in victory. Oh, Death, where is your sting Oh, Hell (Hades) where is your victory.' The sting of death is sin, and the strength of sin is the law. But thanks be to God, who gives us victory through our Lord Jesus Christ." (1 Cor. 15:54-58) T or F

Of those who crucified Him (which is all of us) Jesus asked: "Father forgive them; for they know not what they do. (Luke 23:34) Did the Father forgive us all? T or F

"It is finished." (John 19:30) T or F

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back