Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Can we honestly defend biblical inerrancy of the original manuscripts?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Since you're stuck in your viewpoint I will not discuss this issue with you any further. Whatever you're trying to convince me of, you're wasting your time. I know what I wrote and what I meant. All your distortions prove is that you don't understand what I'm writing (at best) or are just after me because I'm a liberal. Either way, I feel sorry for you.

I understand what you said. Now you are saying what you said is not what you meant. Well then, you need to clarify what you said.

Whether you feel sorry for me or not is immaterial to me. Your pseudo sympathy doesn't move me.

Quantrill

I understand what you said. Now you are saying what you said is not what you meant. Well then, you need to clarify what you said.

Whether you feel sorry for me or not is immaterial to me. Your pseudo sympathy doesn't move me.

Quantrill
[message rejected]

Everyone needs to step back and take a breather as this thread is getting out of control. There will be no more talk about Liberals or Conservatives or anything political as it has nothing to do with the opening post. All postings of this nature will be deleted. We are all brothers and sisters in Christ so lets walk in unity instead of tearing each other apart.

Do not reply to this.

When Jesus said 'It is written', (Matt. 4:4), (Matt. 4:7), (Matt. 4:10), He was setting His seal on the credibility of the Old Testament.

When Jesus extended this credibility down to the very 'jot and title' of what was written, (Matt. 5:18), He was verifying the inerrancy of Scripture.

Quantrill

Please don't "go on forever". It has nothing to do with the OP.

Which parts of the Bible do you reject as not being God’s word?

I’m sure as a follower of Jesus Christ, you must believe He is able to preserve His teachings for the Church, in some way?

What are your thoughts on this?

JLB

Which parts of the Bible do you reject as not being God’s word?

I’m sure as a follower of Jesus Christ, you must believe He is able to preserve His teachings for the Church, in some way?

What are your thoughts on this?

JLB

I don't reject any parts of the Bible as not being God's word. I don't even know why you would ask such a question. Which parts of the Bible do you reject as not being God's word?

When Jesus said 'It is written', (Matt. 4:4), (Matt. 4:7), (Matt. 4:10), He was setting His seal on the credibility of the Old Testament.

When Jesus extended this credibility down to the very 'jot and title' of what was written, (Matt. 5:18), He was verifying the inerrancy of Scripture.

Quantrill

Correction: Jesus was verifying the inerrancy of the Old Testament only. There was no New Testament while He was on Earth as a person. Matthew 5:18, "I tell you the truth, until heaven and earth pass away not the smallest letter or stroke of a letter will pass from the law until everything takes place."

Last edited:
I heard a Pastors message once on the inerrancy of God's word. He said he's tired of hearing Christians preface certain statements with....well you can't prove the Bible, but...and then he proceeded to show how the Bible can be proved to be true and without error.

He said you can do it from Daniel 9. It's been awhile so I can't remember all of the details and I didn't take notes, but he explained how Daniel 9 predicts the exact day that Jesus would make his triumphant entry into Jerusalem on the donkey. Down to the number of days even. This message was done by Chuck Missler and there is a video on youtube about it. If you want I could look for it and post it if anyone is interested in seeing it.

??

Correction: Jesus was verifying the inerrancy of the Old Testament only. There was no New Testament while He was on Earth as a person. Matthew 5:18, "I tell you the truth, until heaven and earth pass away not the smallest letter or stroke of a letter will pass from the law until everything takes place."

jaybo,

Peter regarded the writings of Paul as Scripture:

14 Therefore, beloved, since you are waiting for these, be diligent to be found by him without spot or blemish, and at peace. 15 And count the patience of our Lord as salvation, just as our beloved brother Paul also wrote to you according to the wisdom given him, 16 as he does in all his letters when he speaks in them of these matters. There are some things in them that are hard to understand, which the ignorant and unstable twist to their own destruction, as they do the other Scriptures (ESV).

Peter placed Paul's writings on the same level as 'other Scriptures', presumably reffing to OT Scriptures.

Oz

jaybo,

Peter regarded the writings of Paul as Scripture:

Peter placed Paul's writings on the same level as 'other Scriptures', presumably reffing to OT Scriptures.

Oz

Correct. However, Paul's writings occurred after Jesus died and was resurrected. Again, Jesus was verifying the inerrancy of the Old Testament only. There was no New Testament while He was on Earth as a person.

Correct. However, Paul's writings occurred after Jesus died and was resurrected. Again, Jesus was verifying the inerrancy of the Old Testament only. There was no New Testament while He was on Earth as a person.

So, was Peter's verification of the scriptural status of Paul's writings affirming Paul's writings contained error?

That Jesus verified the inerrancy of the Old Testament, can only mean that the New Testament, which is Scripture, is inerrant also. The same Holy Spirit that inspired the Old inspired the New.

Or, do you believe the Old Testament was the work of the Holy Spirit but the New Testament was just the writings of man?

Quantrill

Back