Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

[_ Old Earth _] Death Before Sin

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
SyntaxVorlon said:
Can you give a synopsis of these "deathblows?" A precis?

I've nothing more to say on this subject. The information you ask for can be found among the links I've provided.

I do wish you and Tuatha'an
well.

Wonderful, so you don't want to watch them either. You know you really can't argue by throwing a book at us. You have to form some sort of coherent argument and write it down. Since you're to lazy to do this.
NeedaConcession.jpg

SyntaxVorlon said:
Wonderful, so you don't want to watch them either. You know you really can't argue by throwing a book at us. You have to form some sort of coherent argument and write it down. Since you're to lazy to do this.
NeedaConcession.jpg

I have a life outside the message board. Obviously you don't. So why should I repeat, in my own words, what's already been said (Redundant)? That's the beauty of the Internet. Besides, you've only written a paragraph or two yourself, nothing to boast about.

Perhaps you're miffed because you've been unable to prove your case.

Hurling insults will not help you.

Evolutionists love to play games. They like to make you, "in your own words" define things. Watch out, next will be the "you don't know what evolution is" routine...

BryanJ said:
I have a life outside the message board. Obviously you don't. So why should I repeat, in my own words, what's already been said (Redundant)? That's the beauty of the Internet. Besides, you've only written a paragraph or two yourself, nothing to boast about.

Hahaha....hurling insults, eh?

BryanJ said:
I have a life outside the message board. Obviously you don't.

ByranJ said:
Besides, you've only written a paragraph or two yourself, nothing to boast about.

Hmmmmm........Well, Bryan, you see the thing is. The point of having a discussio, is to discuss ideas. If you just throw files at us to listen to, or watch, then you're not having a discussion. If you don't want to have a discussion, that's fine, just don't 'hurl insults' at others because you can't come up with an argument yourself.

mhess13 said:
Evolutionists love to play games. They like to make you, "in your own words" define things. Watch out, next will be the "you don't know what evolution is" routine...

Well mhess, we do like people to speak for themselves. If they give a definition of what they think Evolution is, and it's not the definition that Evolution is, then they don't know what Evolution.

You love to whine about that.

Keep thy foot when thou goest to the house of God, and be more ready to hear than give the sacrifice of fools, for they consider not the evil they do Ecc 5v1

Professing themselves to be wise they became fools rom 1 v22

Everyone is dull hearted without knowledge, every metal smith is put to shame by the graven image, for his molded image is a falsehood, and there is no breathe in them jer 10v14

Considering the above we must realise that we are to love the ignorant stupid, and decieved. So The Tuatha'an, SyntaxVorlon and others out there, were here for ya :biggrin

The Tuatha'an said:
BryanJ said:

Hahaha....hurling insults, eh?

BryanJ said:
I have a life outside the message board. Obviously you don't.

ByranJ said:
Besides, you've only written a paragraph or two yourself, nothing to boast about.

Hmmmmm........Well, Bryan, you see the thing is. The point of having a discussio, is to discuss ideas. If you just throw files at us to listen to, or watch, then you're not having a discussion. If you don't want to have a discussion, that's fine, just don't 'hurl insults' at others because you can't come up with an argument yourself.

I was defending my honor. He called me lazy. Besides, that message was not even addressed to you. I've personally read every link I posted for you both to read, and done a lot of study on the subject. How can that be construed as being lazy? If you two would do the same, you might get a revelation of something good; something that could change your lives.

Really it's not even necessary for me to reply to this. I felt I summed it up quite adequately with my last reply.

I reiterate, neither of you have made your case. Show me why I should believe in evolution. You both are merely repeating the mantra that you've heard other evolutionists speak, without questioning what was being said. Think for yourselves, guys.

Okay, I suggest everyone keep the thread on topic and address the points being made without resorting to flaming and trolling. I'm sure we're all capable of discussing these topics in a mature manner.

If anyone needs to read or reread the forum rules, here they are:

http://www.christianforums.net/viewtopic.php?t=9219

Thanks. :biggrin

BryanJ said:
I was defending my honor. He called me lazy. Besides, that message was not even addressed to you. I've personally read every link I posted for you both to read, and done a lot of study on the subject. How can that be construed as being lazy? If you two would do the same, you might get a revelation of something good; something that could change your lives.

Really it's not even necessary for me to reply to this. I felt I summed it up quite adequately with my last reply.

I reiterate, neither of you have made your case. Show me why I should believe in evolution. You both are merely repeating the mantra that you've heard other evolutionists speak, without questioning what was being said. Think for yourselves, guys.

I have no doubt you've read every link. But posting links and running isn't a discussion, and isn't very much fun.

goliwog man said:
Keep thy foot when thou goest to the house of God, and be more ready to hear than give the sacrifice of fools, for they consider not the evil they do Ecc 5v1

Professing themselves to be wise they became fools rom 1 v22

Everyone is dull hearted without knowledge, every metal smith is put to shame by the graven image, for his molded image is a falsehood, and there is no breathe in them jer 10v14

Considering the above we must realise that we are to love the ignorant stupid, and decieved. So The Tuatha'an, SyntaxVorlon and others out there, were here for ya :biggrin

Goliwog, those passages can be used to describe yourself.

If you think you can make a good argument against evolution, then please, make that argument.

Well to begin with theres Genesis 1v1 (just trying to get back to the subject here)

In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.
This would have to be the most ignored statement in history. To believe in evolution you must deny Genesis 1v1 To believe in God you must deny evolution.

Then there john 1v1
In the beginning was the word, and the word was with God and the word was God.

So if you chose to believe genesis 1v1 you also believe that in the Begining was Jesus (the word) So to deny gen 1v1 is to deny christ. And evolution have to prove Jesus and creation to be a fable. Yet were is the evidence? has anyone really proved That without a doubt God dosnt exist if not evoulution itself is a fable.

goliwog man said:
Well to begin with theres Genesis 1v1 (just trying to get back to the subject here)

In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.
This would have to be the most ignored statement in history. To believe in evolution you must deny Genesis 1v1 To believe in God you must deny evolution.

False, God can create the universe and you can still accept evolution. Most Christians have no problem doing this.

Then there john 1v1
In the beginning was the word, and the word was with God and the word was God.

So if you chose to believe genesis 1v1 you also believe that in the Begining was Jesus (the word) So to deny gen 1v1 is to deny christ. And evolution have to prove Jesus and creation to be a fable. Yet were is the evidence? has anyone really proved That without a doubt God dosnt exist if not evoulution itself is a fable.

That's some heartily twisted logic. Nobody can prove without a doubt God doesn't exist, that doesn't mean your God exists.

If you're saying that if God exists, evolution is a fable, because God created everything, then any naturalistic process such as gravity, and earthquakes must also be fables.

False, God can create the universe and you can still accept evolution. Most Christians have no problem doing this.
In job 9v8 It says

Which alone spreadeth out the heavens, and tredeth upon the waves of the see. Hes is the only creator.
Also Exodus 20v3 states Thou shalt have no gods before me. He is the alpha and omega the begging and the end. (rev 22v13) Evolution should have no place in the church because God didnt create it. When Good saw what he had made he saw it was good (gen1v31) not changeable.

That's some heartily twisted logic. Nobody can prove without a doubt God doesn't exist, that doesn't mean your God exists.
In that case How do you explain A divine plan (earth) without a divine planner. Logic aint gunna get you to heaven.

If you're saying that if God exists, evolution is a fable, because God created everything, then any naturalistic process such as gravity, and earthquakes must also be fables.
If God created them there not fables (see genises 1v2, and 1v 6-8)

goliwog man said:
In job 9v8 It says

Which alone spreadeth out the heavens, and tredeth upon the waves of the see. Hes is the only creator.
Also Exodus 20v3 states Thou shalt have no gods before me. He is the alpha and omega the begging and the end. (rev 22v13) Evolution should have no place in the church because God didnt create it. When Good saw what he had made he saw it was good (gen1v31) not changeable.

So?? This doesn't mean that God doesn't use evolution. And if you're implying that things don't change, then I'm sorry, but your beyond reasoning.

In that case How do you explain A divine plan (earth) without a divine planner. Logic aint gunna get you to heaven.

Huh?? I'm not trying to explain a divine plan without a divine planner. What are you trying to say?

If God created them there not fables (see genises 1v2, and 1v 6-8)

Then evolution isn't a fable, because if God created everything, he must have created the process of evolution.

When I give you a bible referance It would be handy if you read it first before replying.. LOL.

Gen 1v2 and the earth was without form and void and darkness was upon the face of the deep.

This was when nothing was in the earth (God hadnt created gravity ect)

V6 And God said let there be a frimament in the midst of the waters, and let it divide the waters from the waters. (firmament is where the atmosphere and clouds are and of cause all the other pheres)

then theres verse 9
And God said let the waters under the heaven be gathered together unto one place. (here God creates a force or gravity)

Now show me where in the bible God created Evolution?
also see this site http://www.mbowden.surf3.net/creat.htm

Huh?? I'm not trying to explain a divine plan without a divine planner. What are you trying to say?
I am trying to say You are foolish How can there be a creation without a creator its common sense

Back to the subject The result of sin is death So death cant occur until sin.

I'm assuming you are an opponent of abortion and you claim that a zygote is a full person. If this is true, how can miscarriages occur?

goliwog man said:
When I give you a bible referance It would be handy if you read it first before replying.. LOL.

Gen 1v2 and the earth was without form and void and darkness was upon the face of the deep.

This was when nothing was in the earth (God hadnt created gravity ect)

Well that's just entirely your interpretation goliwog. Why should I take your interpretation over one that fits with reality?

Now show me where in the bible God created Evolution?
also see this site http://www.mbowden.surf3.net/creat.htm

Show me where in the bible God says Evolution doesn't occur?

I am trying to say You are foolish How can there be a creation without a creator its common sense

The only reason you call the universe creation, is because you believe in God. I don't believe in God, therefore the Universe isn't creation. It pretty much depends on ones worldview. It's not common sense. It's nonsense what you are saying.

Um, not necessarily. If it's a spiritual death, then death can occur before sin. Before Sin, we didn't need God's grace to get into heaven. After Sin, we need his grace. God was fed up with people sacrificing animals, so he sent himself in the flesh to be the universal sacrifice. So now we have his Grace to get into heaven.

How hard is that to come up with?? Not very, and it fits perfectly with reality. Stop living in storybook land.

Well in a sense people with sense see God sense As nonsense. Gods sense is above common sense does this make sense? In my consciense I am full of God sense but God sense to you is pure Nonsense

I gtg many quickly b back with more to educate you about sense

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back