Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• Wearing the right shoes, and properly clothed spiritually?

Join Elected By Him for a devotional on Ephesians 6:14-15

https://christianforums.net/threads/devotional-selecting-the-proper-shoes.109094/

Does the Holy Spirit move after Acts?

This makes sense...I think I need to sit and read instead of trying to throw scripture around to prove my points...this has been a humbling experience and I thank you for your input. I will be off of the forums for a while....there is too much controversy and my faith gets questioned and confusion takes over.

Thank you and God Bless...

Hey, please do rest and refresh yourself in the Lord and in His Word! Many blessings will come from it!

And you have no idea how many times I have taken a break from these forums. This is the first time that I have been back in about four or five months actually. Sometimes you just need a while to cool off. :)

May God bless you and keep you!
~Josh

One of the many great titles of the Lord is Jehovah-Rophi: I am the Lord that healeth thee.

Having said that, the sign gifts in the New Testament were within a specific context in the Apostolic period, before the Scriptures were complete.

My friend, you Just called God ( Healer) did He change? Did the Holy Spirit Change?
Did Jesus Change? What about "knowledge" did it cease? Is James a letter for us today? By the way I have never seen a perfect translation of the scriptures, have you?

Joh 14:12

Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greaterworksthan these shall he do; because I go unto my Father.
Joh 14:13

And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son.
Joh 14:14

If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will doit.
Joh 14:15

If ye love me, keep my commandments.
Joh 14:16

And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;

Give me a list of all the scriptures that are not true for me today! No! His Word abides forever and His Word is perfect because it is TRUE FOREVER:thumbsup

2Pe 3:1

This second epistle, beloved, I now write unto you; in both which I stir up your pure minds by way of remembrance:
2Pe 3:2

That ye may be mindful of the words which were spoken before by the holy prophets, and of the commandment of us the apostles of the Lord and Saviour:
2Pe 3:3

Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts,

It sounds as if we are to keep all of the scriptures until the very end!

This makes sense...I think I need to sit and read instead of trying to throw scripture around to prove my points...this has been a humbling experience and I thank you for your input. I will be off of the forums for a while....there is too much controversy and my faith gets questioned and confusion takes over.

Thank you and God Bless...

God bless you BornAgain! I am praying that you hear from God. Not to prove any point, but only that you experience more of Him and know Him better! God bless you more!

Hey, please do rest and refresh yourself in the Lord and in His Word! Many blessings will come from it!

And you have no idea how many times I have taken a break from these forums. This is the first time that I have been back in about four or five months actually. Sometimes you just need a while to cool off. :)

May God bless you and keep you!
~Josh

Josh,

Thanks for dropping in and being a blessing to many people. You were an answered prayer as I was impressed to keep my mouth shut for awhile. My vision is really to spark the believers to walk how I walk. Because it is a blessed life that I live seeing so many people come to Christ and get healed. All to Him be the glory! Follow me as I follow Christ. I'm not perfect but I can point you to the One who is!

Just a few hours ago I experienced another radical healing in the hospital. I'll write about it soon, but there are plenty to read on my site if you want to increase your faith :) "faith comes by hearing"

Hello BornAgain. I wanted to respond to you here in order to respectfully correct something that I think you are misunderstanding, while yet "speaking the truth in love" (Ephesians 4:15). We all want to know the truth of Scripture, so please hear me out because I may be able to clarify a few things for you by letting the Scripture speak for itself. I know this is somewhat long but please read all of it, as I think it can be rewarding to look into these Scriptures!

First of all I highly recommend reading the Scriptures that Mitspa has already posted that show Jesus said we will do things greater than he did in the earth, and gave us power and authority to do it: http://www.christianforums.net/showthread.php?t=45450&p=694816&viewfull=1#post694816.

Also read this account of Paul commanding an unclean spirit to come out of a slave girl that was negatively impacting his proclamation of the Gospel (which he did with the same authority that Christ used to command the 'legion' of spirits to come out of the man who lived in the tombs and cast them into the pigs nearby in Matthew 8:31-32):

"As we were going to the place of prayer, we were met by a slave girl who had a spirit of divination and brought her owners much gain by fortune-telling. 17 She followed Paul and us, crying out, "These men are servants of the Most High God, who proclaim to you the way of salvation." 18 And this she kept doing for many days. Paul, having become greatly annoyed, turned and said to the spirit, "I command you in the name of Jesus Christ to come out of her." And it came out that very hour." (Acts 16:16-18)

This was after Jesus' ascension and shows that this power to cast out evil spirits was still very much active.

Also Jesus said that in the future (at his second coming) many would come to him saying that they had cast out demons and performed miracles:

"Many will say to Me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in Your name, and in Your name cast out demons, and in Your name perform many miracles?" (Matthew 7:22)

Jesus does nothing to indicate that these are phony claims, but exercising such power does not necessarily assume that you will remain faithful to God. Although to be fair Jesus does give a warning of "false prophets" in verse 15, but the jist of the rhetorical question is "Yes, we did prophesy, cast out demons, and perform miracles in your name", but that will not save them if they "practice lawlessness" (verse 23).

Also as pertains to healing, which does not always mean casting out demons but certainly means performing miracles, this is addressed in James 5:14-18:

"Is anyone among you sick? Then he must call for the elders of the church and they are to pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord; and the prayer offered in faith will restore the one who is sick, and the Lord will raise him up, and if he has committed sins, they will be forgiven him. Therefore, confess your sins to one another, and pray for one another so that you may be healed. The effective prayer of a righteous man can accomplish much. Elijah was a man with a nature like ours, and he prayed earnestly that it would not rain, and it did not rain on the earth for three years and six months. Then he prayed again, and the sky poured rain and the earth produced its fruit."

Healing through faith and prayer is a power very much made available to us today which is James' whole point, especially why he mentions the miracle that occured as a result of Elijah's prayer which he says we can do also because he was a "man with a nature like ours" yet accomplished that through prayer and faith. This is available today through any "effective prayer of a righteous man".

Lastly, I would like to address another thing that you said which is very important to clarify:

You really must pay attention to the context of 1 Corinthians 13 to understand what he is saying, because you misunderstand Paul's point. Let's look at the context for the verse you quoted:

"Love never fails; but if there are gifts of prophecy, they will be done away; if there are tongues, they will cease; if there is knowledge, it will be done away. For we know in part and we prophesy in part. But when that which is perfect has come, then that which is in part will be done away.
When I was a child, I spoke as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child; but when I became a man, I put away childish things. For now we see in a mirror, dimly, but then face to face. Now I know in part, but then I shall know just as I also am known.
And now abide faith, hope, love, these three; but the greatest of these is love."
(1 Corinthians 13:8-13)

Immediately you should see, especially where I have hilighted the parallel thoughts that Paul is using in red & blue, that Paul is saying now (in the present day) we know in part, but then (in the future - also looking forward to "when [it] has come"). Paul's reference isn't to Jesus per se but when all things are made perfect (including us), which will include the yet future redemption of our bodies and of the earth itself which Paul speaks of just two chapters later in 1 Corinthians 15. Please reread this to understand what Paul is saying.

Also notice all the "will be" (yet future) references that Paul makes of when those gifts will one day be done away, and they clearly had not been done away in Paul's day, such as with tongues, because he even said "I thank God, I speak in tongues more than you all" (1 Corinthians 14:18) in the very next chapter! Notice that at the beginning of the next chapter that he also says, "Pursue love, yet desire earnestly spiritual gifts, but especially that you may prophesy" (1 Corinthians 14:1). How can you desire something that is no longer available?

When Paul was talking about perfection, he was talking about perfection yet to come and to look forward to: "For now we see in a mirror, dimly, but then face to face" (1 Corinthians 13:12).

I think that if you sit down and read 1 Corinthians 12-15 all in one sitting together that this will all become clear to you.

Please let me know if you have any questions because there is some rich spiritual truth and power here, and I don't want you to miss it! And remember, I am doing this in love because as you said we are here to discuss what the Scripture actually says.

God Bless,
~Josh

So well done Josh, thanks for being here.

Also BornAgain please keep in mind that Paul didn't write his epistles after the events in Acts but during the events in Acts, and he was performing signs that Jesus said they would do even well unto the end of Acts and close to the end of Paul's life.

Take for example Acts 28:3-5:

"But when Paul had gathered a bundle of sticks and laid them on the fire, a viper came out because of the heat and fastened itself on his hand. When the natives saw the creature hanging from his hand, they began saying to one another, “Undoubtedly this man is a murderer, and though he has been saved from the sea, justice has not allowed him to live.” However he shook the creature off into the fire and suffered no harm."

Which was a fulfillment of Jesus' prophecy & promise:

"They will pick up serpents, and if they drink any deadly poison, it will not hurt them" (Mark 16:18; compare Luke 10:19).

So anything written in Paul's epistles is still written during a time when those miracles and power of the Spirit was very much alive and active in the saints, and the same holds true for today.

God Bless,
~Josh

There is no Biblical proof, whats more there is no physical proof that Miracles of men continue today, there are those that claim today to speak in tongues but they never can claim to say anything other than what the Bible already say's therefore it cannot be a claim of anything useful if it did exist.

Paul said in 1 Cor. 13:9-10 that the powers given the Apostles (and anyone else for that matter) these things will be done away when "that which is perfect is come", many try to say that is not the Bible...

1 Corinthians 13:9-10
9 For we know in part, and we prophesy in part.
10 But when that which is perfect is come, then that which is in part shall be done away.

Even the Old testament referred to the Word of God as "Perfect" see Psa. 19:7 yet somehow deny the New Testament could claim such a thing.

Psalms 19:7
7 The law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul: the testimony of the Lord is sure, making wise the simple.

Paul describes the Church from its infancy to maturity to the Corinthians in 1 Cor. 13:11

1 Corinthians 13:11
11 When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things.

When the Church became a man, it put away childish things, this is to say it no longer needed the inspirational guidance of the Apostles to prove the Word of God once the Bible was written, as once written it is "perfect" Psalms 19:7.

Does God answer prayer? Absolutely, does he have men do miracles today? if he did we would not have Cancer.

Anyone that claims to do Miracles should stand in front of a hospital, put it out of business and watch the Church grow, you know why that does not happen? NO MAN CAN DO IT

Also BornAgain please keep in mind that Paul didn't write his epistles after the events in Acts but during the events in Acts, and he was performing signs that Jesus said they would do even well unto the end of Acts and close to the end of Paul's life.

But Paul was not at Pentecost, it was about a year after the Apostles were baptized (and only the Apostles) with the Holy Spirit that Paul was enlightened on the road to Damascus... The Apostles and the House of Cornelius are the ONLY two times anyone was baptized WITH the Holy Spirit. and ONLY the Apostles could do the signs, the only exception to this was if an Apostle passed this power on by laying on of hands, but that was as far as it goes, you cannot provide one single scripture that shows anyone other than an Apostle that has transferred this power to anyone else, and there are no Apostles today.

There is no Biblical proof, whats more there is no physical proof that Miracles of men continue today, there are those that claim today to speak in tongues but they never can claim to say anything other than what the Bible already say's therefore it cannot be a claim of anything useful if it did exist.

Paul said in 1 Cor. 13:9-10 that the powers given the Apostles (and anyone else for that matter) these things will be done away when "that which is perfect is come", many try to say that is not the Bible...

10 But when that which is perfect is come, then that which is in part shall be done away.

Even the Old testament referred to the Word of God as "Perfect" see Psa. 19:7 yet somehow deny the New Testament could claim such a thing.

7 The law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul: the testimony of the Lord is sure, making wise the simple.

Paul describes the Church from its infancy to maturity to the Corinthians in 1 Cor. 13:11

11 When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things.

When the Church became a man, it put away childish things, this is to say it no longer needed the inspirational guidance of the Apostles to prove the Word of God once the Bible was written, as once written it is "perfect" Psalms 19:7.

Does God answer prayer? Absolutely, does he have men do miracles today? if he did we would not have Cancer.

Anyone that claims to do Miracles should stand in front of a hospital, put it out of business and watch the Church grow, you know why that does not happen? NO MAN CAN DO IT

All of these verses we just addressed a couple threads above yours. I suggest you read them. Also, I just got back from the hospital and just witnessed a guy be healed of extreme pain. Right after he was led to Christ we prayed for his suffering. We asked how much pain he is in from 10 being the worst to 0 being nothing. The man said 10, then we prayed then he said 1. Truly a miracle from God. I know i'm probably wasting my breathe, as you will only believe what you want to believe.

It's prophesied that in the end times people will have a "form of godliness but deny His power, stay away from such people." Guess I'm learning how to stay away, because for me I'm not used to people not believing. Weird huh? I see miracles all the time and assumed it's common for the real christian.

All of these verses we just addressed a couple threads above yours. I suggest you read them. Also, I just got back from the hospital and just witnessed a guy be healed of extreme pain. Right after he was led to Christ we prayed for his suffering. We asked how much pain he is in from 10 being the worst to 0 being nothing. The man said 10, then we prayed then he said 1. Truly a miracle from God. I know i'm probably wasting my breathe, as you will only believe what you want to believe.

It's prophesied that in the end times people will have a "form of godliness but deny His power, stay away from such people." Guess I'm learning how to stay away, because for me I'm not used to people not believing. Weird huh? I see miracles all the time and assumed it's common for the real christian.

That's funny, you would think we would see all of this on the news...

I believe the mind is a powerful thing, I believe his mind overcame his pain, I too believe God answers prayer...

But if you can do what you claim, do what I said, stand in front of a hospital and put them out of business... the Church you attend would not be able to contain all those that come...

You cannot do it....

That's funny, you would think we would see all of this on the news...

I believe the mind is a powerful thing, I believe his mind overcame his pain, I too believe God answers prayer...

But if you can do what you claim, do what I said, stand in front of a hospital and put them out of business... the Church you attend would not be able to contain all those that come...

You cannot do it....

If God wants, He can use anybody to do that. I'm nobody special and nor are those apostles whom you speak so highly of. They were average people, who cares if they laid their hands on somebody. It was only the Holy Spirit being transferred.

How about when I've seen the deaf healed? Good mind trick. Better yet the broken back is my favorite mind trick. You should try it sometime, it's really cool! =D I'd love to entertain you some more, but your ignoring everything everyone is typing and just taking cheap shots.

Also, for the record...again... "man" cannot heal, only God does that. Read your Bible bro, it's filled with miracles. Why would God stop now over one verse that is misinterpreted?

Does God tell us to lay hands on the sick? Does He ask us to take them to the elders so the may be healed? Is not one of God's names "the God that healeth thee"? Yes, YEs, YES! Is God the same yesterday? today? and forever? yes X 3 It's actually simple, hardly even takes child like faith, just a little bit of faith. The size of a mustard seed will do!

You evidently did not read my post right before the one you quoted where I explained the context of 1 Corinthians 13:9-11. Please go back and address the points I made to BornAgain.

You really must pay attention to the context of 1 Corinthians 13 to understand what he is saying, because you misunderstand Paul's point. Let's look at the context for the verse you quoted:

"Love never fails; but if there are gifts of prophecy, they will be done away; if there are tongues, they will cease; if there is knowledge, it will be done away. For we know in part and we prophesy in part. But when that which is perfect has come, then that which is in part will be done away.
When I was a child, I spoke as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child; but when I became a man, I put away childish things. For now we see in a mirror, dimly, but then face to face. Now I know in part, but then I shall know just as I also am known.
And now abide faith, hope, love, these three; but the greatest of these is love."
(1 Corinthians 13:8-13)

Immediately you should see, especially where I have hilighted the parallel thoughts that Paul is using in red & blue, that Paul is saying now (in the present day) we know in part, but then (in the future - also looking forward to "when [it] has come"). Paul's reference isn't to Jesus per se but when all things are made perfect (including us), which will include the yet future redemption of our bodies and of the earth itself which Paul speaks of just two chapters later in 1 Corinthians 15. Please reread this to understand what Paul is saying.

Also notice all the "will be" (yet future) references that Paul makes of when those gifts will one day be done away, and they clearly had not been done away in Paul's day, such as with tongues, because he even said "I thank God, I speak in tongues more than you all" (1 Corinthians 14:18) in the very next chapter! Notice that at the beginning of the next chapter that he also says, "Pursue love, yet desire earnestly spiritual gifts, but especially that you may prophesy" (1 Corinthians 14:1). How can you desire something that is no longer available?

When Paul was talking about perfection, he was talking about perfection yet to come and to look forward to: "For now we see in a mirror, dimly, but then face to face" (1 Corinthians 13:12).

I think that if you sit down and read 1 Corinthians 12-15 all in one sitting together that this will all become clear to you.

Please let me know if you have any questions because there is some rich spiritual truth and power here, and I don't want you to miss it! And remember, I am doing this in love because as you said we are here to discuss what the Scripture actually says.

God Bless,
~Josh

You evidently did not read my post right before the one you quoted where I explained the context of 1 Corinthians 13:9-11. Please go back and address the points I made to BornAgain.

I did read it, and you completely take it out of context, you are correct, Paul is speaking of the present day (when he spoke the words) and you are correct when he speaks of the "future", because "that which is perfect (Gods New Testament Word)" had not been written yet... if he is still speaking, there is not a New Testament Bible, the Bible at THAT time will be in the "Future".

the "perfect" is "Gods Word" Psalms 19:7, it was in the Old Testament, it is in the New

If God wants, He can use anybody to do that. I'm nobody special and nor are those apostles whom you speak so highly of. They were average people, who cares if they laid their hands on somebody. It was only the Holy Spirit being transferred.

How about when I've seen the deaf healed? Good mind trick. Better yet the broken back is my favorite mind trick. You should try it sometime, it's really cool! =D I'd love to entertain you some more, but your ignoring everything everyone is typing and just taking cheap shots.

Also, for the record...again... "man" cannot heal, only God does that. Read your Bible bro, it's filled with miracles. Why would God stop now over one verse that is misinterpreted?

Does God tell us to lay hands on the sick? Does He ask us to take them to the elders so the may be healed? Is not one of God's names "the God that healeth thee"? Yes, YEs, YES! Is God the same yesterday? today? and forever? yes X 3 It's actually simple, hardly even takes child like faith, just a little bit of faith. The size of a mustard seed will do!

The power you speak of comes from the Holy Spirit, God gives believing man the Holy Spirit, but not in the same portion he did the Apostles or the house of Cornelius... Only Jesus can do that:

Luke 3:16
16 John answered, saying unto them all, I indeed baptize you with water; but one mightier than I cometh, the latchet of whose shoes I am not worthy to unloose: he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost and with fire:

These powers you claim died with the Apostles, you cannot prove otherwise with the holy scripture.

I did read it, and you completely take it out of context, you are correct, Paul is speaking of the present day (when he spoke the words) and you are correct when he speaks of the "future", because "that which is perfect (Gods New Testament Word)" had not been written yet... if he is still speaking, there is not a New Testament Bible, the Bible at THAT time will be in the "Future".

the "perfect" is "Gods Word" Psalms 19:7, it was in the Old Testament, it is in the New

I was the one who took it out of context? Between the two of our posts which one actually investigated the text that was written in 1 Corinthians 13 and the surrounding chapters? Quoting a Psalm is not the context of 1 Corinthians 13! You have to look in Paul's own writings first, and particularly 1 Corinthians in this case, to understand what he is talking about. That is the correct way to read something in context.

The idea you are advancing in any case is bizzare, which I have never heard any Christian suggest: that the New Testament somehow "substitutes" or "replaces" the power and gifts of the Spirit working in the believer. What...? It's those very same Scriptures which tell us about those spiritual gifts!

You cannot prove the interpretaion that you have from the New Testament at all. I challenge you to show me where in the New Testament it says that the written Scripture somehow substitutes or replaces the spiritual gifts. And can you tell me at what exact date this replacement might have happened? As soon as the ink dried on the paper after it was penned by the apostles?

And once again, may I remind you, that that very ink tells us of the spiritual gifts and even says:

"Pursue love, yet earnestly desire spiritual gifts, but especially that you may prophesy" (1 Corinthians 14:1). This is your highly regarded Scripture speaking here (and it is indeed to be highly regarded: as true and valid for today), and certainly you would not argue that "pursue love" is a command that has also "expired" would you?

My aim is not to start a quarrel, but Scripture says what it says, and you have yet to show me how your interpretation lines up with that Scripture.

God Bless,
~Josh

Last edited by a moderator:
I was the one who took it out of context? Between the two of our posts which one actually investigated the text that was written in 1 Corinthians 13 and the surrounding chapters? Quoting a Psalm is not the context of 1 Corinthians 13! You have to look in Paul's own writings first, and particularly 1 Corinthians in this case, to understand what he is talking about. That is the correct way to read something in context.

When used properly the Old Testament is a "school master", we can see from the Psalmist what "perfect" is... it is used by Paul meaning "the word of God"

What you also miss interpenetrate is the time of events, what was "future" then is now "past".

Paul said "when that which is perfect is come" meaning it had "not yet come" (so it isn't Jesus were talking about, he already came and will come again), since at that time the New Testament had not been fully revealed, but at a "future time" when the "perfect law of Christ" (full revelation, it took all of the Apostles to do it because they all "new in part") and when the New Testament Bible was written (which is now in the past) then everything (with the exception of love) that the Apostles did, would vanish away:

1 Corinthians 13:8 (KJV)
8 Charity never faileth: but whether there be prophecies, they shall fail; whether there be tongues, they shall cease; whether there be knowledge, it shall vanish away.

The idea you are advancing in any case is bizzare, which I have never heard any Christian suggest: that the New Testament somehow "substitutes" or "replaces" the power and gifts of the Spirit working in the believer. What...? It's those very same Scriptures which tell us about those spiritual gifts!
What is bizarre, is that you came up with me saying any such a thing...

Ill put it this way and with emphasis "the New Testament Bible replaced the Apostles, the ones baptized with the Holy Spirit, and their power died with them" maybe that is more clear.

You cannot prove the interpretaion that you have from the New Testament at all. I challenge you to show me where in the New Testament it says that the written Scripture somehow substitutes or replaces the spiritual gifts. And can you tell me at what exact date this replacement might have happened? As soon as the ink dried on the paper after it was penned by the apostles?
I just did, and I don't know the exact date, but it was right after the Apostle John died.

The only (Holy Spirit) spiritual gift we receive today is here:

Acts 2:38 (KJV)
38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

And once again, may I remind you, that that very ink tells us of the spiritual gifts and even says:

"Pursue love, yet earnestly desire spiritual gifts, but especially that you may prophesy" (1 Corinthians 14:1). This is your highly regarded Scripture speaking here (and it is indeed to be highly regarded: as true and valid for today), and certainly you would not argue that "pursue love" is a command that has also "expired" would you?
Again you have the "time" issue... If Paul was speaking, then these "spiritual gifts" were alive and well (until that which is perfect is come). "love (Charity)" would never pass see again 1 Cor. 13:8 :

1 Corinthians 13:8 (KJV)
8 Charity never faileth: but whether there be prophecies, they shall fail; whether there be tongues, they shall cease; whether there be knowledge, it shall vanish away.

My aim is not to start a quarrel, but Scripture says what it says, and you have yet to show me how your interpretation lines up with that Scripture.

God Bless,
~Josh
Debate is not quarrel, your correct, Scripture says what it says, but we MUST put "time" and "place" in perspective otherwise it becomes miss interpenetration.

The "perfect" is not the Bible nor any part of it.

Its the word of God, has been and always will be (at least in this context):

Psalms 19:7 (KJV)

Its the word of God, has been and always will be (at least in this context):

Psalms 19:7 (KJV)
That is a serious exegetical error to think that Paul is speaking of Psalms 19:7, that "the law of the Lord is perfect" is what Paul means by "that which is perfect". You simply cannot equate the two.

Mark 16:15 And He said to them, “Go into all the world and preach the gospel to every creature. 16 He who believes and is baptized will be saved; but he who does not believe will be condemned. 17 And these signs will follow those who believe: In My name they will cast out demons; they will speak with new tongues; 18 they will take up serpents; and if they drink anything deadly, it will by no means hurt them; they will lay hands on the sick, and they will recover.â€

Are we suppose to heal the sick + cast out demons? What are your thoughts on this verse? I know there are many supporting verses, so this could be a doctrine to preach,cast out demons, speak in new tongues, and heal the sick?

Hi Justin,

It's my understanding from the Scriptures that those miraculous Spiritual gifts are no longer given to believers today. That's not to say that God doesn't do miracles, He does. If you take notice in the next two verses in that passage it says,

19 So then after the Lord had spoken unto them, he was received up into heaven, and sat on the right hand of God.
20 And they went forth, and preached every where, the Lord working with them, and confirming the word with signs following. Amen.
(Mar 16:19-1 KJV)

Notice Mark records the words, "the Lord working with them." This is Mark's account of the Great Commission where Jesus sent out the aposltes. Mark says that Lord went with "them" the aposltes.

Back