Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• Wearing the right shoes, and properly clothed spiritually?

Join Elected By Him for a devotional on Ephesians 6:14-15

https://christianforums.net/threads/devotional-selecting-the-proper-shoes.109094/

Does the Holy Spirit move after Acts?

exactly how do you view the plan of salvation?

Baptism is always seen as being essential to salvation. There are a lot of people who say, yes, baptism is something that is good to do, and is something that we should do because Jesus was baptized. Not many people will say that baptism is essential to salvation. But the Scriptures do teach us this. The Bible says in Acts 22:16, where we find an account of Saul’s conversion. He was told to go into the city of Damascus, where he would be told what he must do. Ananias comes to Saul in the city and says, “Why are you waiting? Arise and be baptized, and wash away your sins, calling on the name of the Lord.” According to Ananias (who was God’s in­spired spokesman), it was baptism that washed away Saul’s sins. Remember that idea in Acts 2:19-21? “Whoever calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.”

Does Acts 22:16 teach us how to call on the Lord’s name? Yes it does—“Arise and be baptized, and wash away your sins, calling on the name of the Lord.” When we call out for God’s help and God makes a way for our salvation, we call properly only when we respond in the way that God tells us to respond. Through the Scriptures, baptism is seen as something that is a nec­essary step in order for us to receive salvation. We do not “earn” it. There is nothing magical in the water. But baptism is necessary in order to obey God and to keep His will. In John 3:5. Je­sus said, “Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit, he can­not enter the kingdom of God.” Baptism is being spoken of there. Jesus’ point was that we cannot enter the kingdom without being baptized. Think about Mark 16:16, which is one of the clearest passages on baptism. In this passage, Jesus said, “He who believes and is baptized will be saved; but he who does not believe will be condemned.” Both belief and baptism are linked together as being necessary to receive salvation. Think of Galatians 3:27, where Paul said, “For as many of you as were baptized into Christ have put on Christ.”

Question: Must a person be “in Christ” to be saved? According to 2 Timothy 2:10-11, yes, he must. Salvation is found only “in Christ.” If salvation is found “in Christ,” then how do we get “in Christ”? Galatians 3:27 tells us. We are baptized into the body of Christ, and therefore baptism is essential to salvation. If God wanted to say that baptism is essential to salvation, how might He do that? He would say something like what is found in 1 Peter 3:21—“Baptism does also now save us.” God could not say it any clearer if He wanted to. That is not to say that baptism alone saves us. It—combined with hearing, be­lieving, repenting, and confessing—is essential to salvation

Since Paul does not say that he is talking about the Law of the Lord then the burden of proof is on you to show that the Law of the Lord is indeed what he meant by using the simple word 'perfect'. This is not complicated.

It is a fair question to also ask: What would avoid any exegetical error: Saying that it is? Or showing that it is?

The Bible teaches there are in fact three perfect things

1. God (Father, Son, Holy Spirit)
  2. Church (Bride of Christ)
  3. Word of God (Scripture)
Now one must go back to the time Paul spoke his words. Paul said :

1 Corinthians 13:10 (KJV)
10 But when that which is perfect is come, then that which is in part shall be done away.

Note the "when", which means it has not come yet (at the time he spoke the words)

So, we know "God" (Father, Jesus, Holy Spirit) have already come, they were here before we were, they made us. so the "perfect" noted in this verse is not the Perfect Jesus.

We know it is not the perfect Church of which Christ said he would build, this is after Pentecost, the Church was already established, so the Perfect Church is not what the "perfect" in this verse is here.

This leaves us with the New Testament "Perfect Law of Christ" which if Paul is talking (at this time and place) it has NOT YET COME.

Now we know "all scripture" is "perfect", it is affirmed in the old testament:

Psalms 19:7 (KJV)
7 The law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul: the testimony of the Lord is sure, making wise the simple.

And again affirmed in the New Testament:

2 Timothy 3:16-17 (KJV)
16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
17 That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.

The man of God can only be "perfect" by the "perfect word of God".

I know the truth hurts, because if the "perfect" Paul speaks of is the word of God, the New Testament Revelation that each Apostle "new in part" and once written and compiled "no longer in part", if this is the Perfect Paul speaks of (which it is) it puts a hole in most man made, man taught, UN-biblical doctrine.

Unless you deny the Word of God is "Perfect"?

That's a great testimony of God's miraculous healing power :)

My dad was diagnosed with leukemia and a man came in to the hospital and laid hands on him and prayed over him. Miraculously he went into remission for 18 months and the leukemia came back and he passed.. :sad

When you have been healed by the power of God no one can tell you that you were not healed, you KNOW you were :) I have been too and so have people I know for a fact.

If people go to a church that doesn't believe, then of course they wont see miracles. Jesus said believe. He doesn't work in an atmosphere of unbelief.

The "believe" you are referring to was spoken to an Apostle (Philip), there are no Apostles today, Only "Apostles had the power to heal given to them" not to the show boat preachers on TV.

The power to heal was nor will be ever taken from God, but the power for any man to heal anybody other than modern medicine died with the Apostles unless you can come up with something other than opinion in our Bible.

My dad was diagnosed with leukemia and a man came in to the hospital and laid hands on him and prayed over him. Miraculously he went into remission for 18 months and the leukemia came back and he passed.. :sad

No where does it say all will be healed, but if it's God's will they are to be healed, then it will happen! You did confess those he miraculously went into remission, remember that!

I've had two encounters with people I prayed for that were very old. Both could not speak, we witnessed to them and prayed for their healing. Each died in about 7 days. I pray they both accepted Christ into their lives. God knows, and I'll find out one day :)

The "believe" you are referring to was spoken to an Apostle (Philip), there are no Apostles today, Only "Apostles had the power to heal given to them" not to the show boat preachers on TV.

The power to heal was nor will be ever taken from God, but the power for any man to heal anybody other than modern medicine died with the Apostles unless you can come up with something other than opinion in our Bible.

It's never man who heals. Just the other day when I prayed for man's pain to go away...I didn't heal Him, God did. I can't even tell you how cells and infections work, how could man possibly heal man?

Doing Good To All

Galatians 6:1-10 Brothers and sisters, if someone is caught in a sin, you who live by the Spirit should restore that person gently. But watch yourselves, or you also may be tempted. 2 Carry each other’s burdens, and in this way you will fulfill the law of Christ. 3 If anyone thinks they are something when they are not, they deceive themselves. 4 Each one should test their own actions. Then they can take pride in themselves alone, without comparing themselves to someone else, 5 for each one should carry their own load. 6 Nevertheless, the one who receives instruction in the word should share all good things with their instructor.

7 Do not be deceived: God cannot be mocked. A man reaps what he sows. 8 Whoever sows to please their flesh, from the flesh will reap destruction; whoever sows to please the Spirit, from the Spirit will reap eternal life. 9 Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up. 10 Therefore, as we have opportunity, let us do good to all people, especially to those who belong to the family of believers.

I give you that portion of the chapter, because what I do next; I want you to know that I do this out of love. I do not have some sort of pride trip, nor am I some show boat preacher. In fact, I tremble when I think of preaching. I just want to witness to the lost, that's it. I do not think I am more than I ought, because I know where God has taken me from. He's pulled me out of the darkness into the marvelous light!

Lord, I ask You to speak to my brothers and sisters the way you speak to me. Break their hearts for what breaks Yours! Give them an understanding that surpasses all knowledge. Pour a strong conviction of Your Spirit to understand Your Word and it's entirety. Truly Dad, You are the only one who can teach them, not I! Show them peace about what I speak, because I wish to be like Jesus and speak only what You tell me. Forgive me acting rash before, as I'm not used to Christians not believing in the Holy Spirit and the works that come forth from it. God empower your people, so we may put on the full armor, especially that of the shield of faith! In Your name Jesus I pray, Amen!

Pray for yourself before you read the next chapter, without prayer and the Holy Spirit guiding you, it's just words.

Faith and Deeds

James 2:14-26 What good is it, my brothers and sisters, if someone claims to have faith but has no deeds? Can such faith save them? 15 Suppose a brother or a sister is without clothes and daily food. 16 If one of you says to them, “Go in peace; keep warm and well fed,” but does nothing about their physical needs, what good is it? 17 In the same way, faith by itself, if it is not accompanied by action, is dead.

18 But someone will say, “You have faith; I have deeds.”

Show me your faith without deeds, and I will show you my faith by my deeds. 19 You believe that there is one God. Good! Even the demons believe that—and shudder.

20 You foolish person, do you want evidence that faith without deeds is useless? 21 Was not our father Abraham considered righteous for what he did when he offered his son Isaac on the altar? 22 You see that his faith and his actions were working together, and his faith was made complete by what he did. 23 And the scripture was fulfilled that says, “Abraham believed God, and it was credited to him as righteousness,”[e] and he was called God’s friend. 24 You see that a person is considered righteous by what they do and not by faith alone.

25 In the same way, was not even Rahab the prostitute considered righteous for what she did when she gave lodging to the spies and sent them off in a different direction? 26 As the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without deeds is dead.

What stands out to you? What is God trying to say?

Last edited by a moderator:
No where does it say all will be healed, but if it's God's will they are to be healed, then it will happen! You did confess those he miraculously went into remission, remember that!

There is never an explanation to God's will, but I am thankful when prayers are answered.

I've had two encounters with people I prayed for that were very old. Both could not speak, we witnessed to them and prayed for their healing. Each died in about 7 days. I pray they both accepted Christ into their lives. God knows, and I'll find out one day :)

It's never man who heals. Just the other day when I prayed for man's pain to go away...I didn't heal Him, God did. I can't even tell you how cells and infections work, how could man possibly heal man?

Doing Good To All

Galatians 6:1-10 Brothers and sisters, if someone is caught in a sin, you who live by the Spirit should restore that person gently. But watch yourselves, or you also may be tempted. 2 Carry each other’s burdens, and in this way you will fulfill the law of Christ. 3 If anyone thinks they are something when they are not, they deceive themselves. 4 Each one should test their own actions. Then they can take pride in themselves alone, without comparing themselves to someone else, 5 for each one should carry their own load. 6 Nevertheless, the one who receives instruction in the word should share all good things with their instructor.

7 Do not be deceived: God cannot be mocked. A man reaps what he sows. 8 Whoever sows to please their flesh, from the flesh will reap destruction; whoever sows to please the Spirit, from the Spirit will reap eternal life. 9 Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up. 10 Therefore, as we have opportunity, let us do good to all people, especially to those who belong to the family of believers.

I give you that portion of the chapter, because what I do next; I want you to know that I do this out of love. I do not have some sort of pride trip, nor am I some show boat preacher. In fact, I tremble when I think of preaching. I just want to witness to the lost, that's it. I do not think I am more than I ought, because I know where God has taken me from. He's pulled me out of the darkness into the marvelous light!

Lord, I ask You to speak to my brothers and sisters the way you speak to me. Break their hearts for what breaks Yours! Give them an understanding that surpasses all knowledge. Pour a strong conviction of Your Spirit to understand Your Word and it's entirety. Truly Dad, You are the only one who can teach them, not I! Show them peace about what I speak, because I wish to be like Jesus and speak only what You tell me. Forgive me acting rash before, as I'm not used to Christians not believing in the Holy Spirit and the works that come forth from it. God empower your people, so we may put on the full armor, especially that of the shield of faith! In Your name Jesus I pray, Amen!

Pray for yourself before you read the next chapter, without prayer and the Holy Spirit guiding you, it's just words.

Faith and Deeds

James 2:14-26 What good is it, my brothers and sisters, if someone claims to have faith but has no deeds? Can such faith save them? 15 Suppose a brother or a sister is without clothes and daily food. 16 If one of you says to them, “Go in peace; keep warm and well fed,†but does nothing about their physical needs, what good is it? 17 In the same way, faith by itself, if it is not accompanied by action, is dead.

18 But someone will say, “You have faith; I have deeds.â€

Show me your faith without deeds, and I will show you my faith by my deeds. 19 You believe that there is one God. Good! Even the demons believe that—and shudder.

20 You foolish person, do you want evidence that faith without deeds is useless? 21 Was not our father Abraham considered righteous for what he did when he offered his son Isaac on the altar? 22 You see that his faith and his actions were working together, and his faith was made complete by what he did. 23 And the scripture was fulfilled that says, “Abraham believed God, and it was credited to him as righteousness,â€[e] and he was called God’s friend. 24 You see that a person is considered righteous by what they do and not by faith alone.

25 In the same way, was not even Rahab the prostitute considered righteous for what she did when she gave lodging to the spies and sent them off in a different direction? 26 As the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without deeds is dead.

What stands out to you? What is God trying to say?

What stands out to me is "what does that have to do with someone that thinks the Bible teaches that the same Gifts given the Apostles are still given to man today?".

What stands out in that chapter (one of my favorite, I love the book of James) is that "faith alone will not save you", but again, what does that have to do with the OP?

There is never an explanation to God's will, but I am thankful when prayers are answered.

Only the Holy Spirit knows the thoughts of God, correct?

"For who among men knows the thoughts of a man except the man's spirit within him? In the same way no one knows the thoughts of God except the Spirit of God." 1st Cor 2:11

"“If you love me, you will obey what I command. And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Counselor to be with you forever— the Spirit of truth." John 14:15-17

Another means the same as, correct? So it's like having Jesus with you where ever you go! I promise you He speaks to us! I want to teach you, but I can't. This can't be taught, it can only be caught!

Forever, in the greek/hebrew means NOW and FOREVER Look it up yourself!

"No longer do I call you servants,a for the servant does not know what his master is doing; but I have called you friends, for all that I have heard from my Father I have made known to you. " John 15:15

God WANTS you to KNOW His WILL!

"My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me." John 10:27

Wow! So God is really speaking! Take the time to read John 10 when you get the chance as it's so full of wealth.

"Know" in the greek/hebrew is the intimate type. That of a husband and wife. Wow, that just about gives me chills that God wants to be so close with me! Why else would he use the word bride/groom so many times? There is a closeness He desires, but He will never force us. Desire it too!

I know people whom God speaks at through the Spirit of Truth, who are able to speak what God speaks. They have a gift to see inside the hearts of man and can let them know what God wants them to release to Him. Sometimes I've seen it used as, "I know your back is in pain, God will heal it" AND HE DID! Though it takes time to get there. Like the Bible says, stir up the gift inside of you, because it's already there!

I pray this encourages you as maybe it's not as radical as a healing, but you already have confessed it. God does do miracles! That means He will do little ones and BIG ONES! Praise God we serve a living God for the living, not a dead God for the dead!

What stands out to me is "what does that have to do with someone that thinks the Bible teaches that the same Gifts given the Apostles are still given to man today?".

What stands out in that chapter (one of my favorite, I love the book of James) is that "faith alone will not save you", but again, what does that have to do with the OP?

Do you live by the Spirit?

Do you sow by the Spirit?

Where are your deeds?

What fruit do you carry?

"No good tree bears bad fruit, nor does a bad tree bear good fruit." Luke 6:43

"But understand this, that in the last days there will come times of difficulty. 2For people will be lovers of self, lovers of money, proud, arrogant, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy, 3heartless, unappeasable, slanderous, without self-control, brutal, not loving good, 4treacherous, reckless, swollen with conceit, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God, 5having the appearance of godliness, but denying its power. Avoid such people. 6For among them are those who creep into households and capture weak women, burdened with sins and led astray by various passions, 7always learning and never able to arrive at a knowledge of the truth. " 2nd Timothy 3:1-7

Have the last days come and gone?
What is the time frame of this passage? Isn't it referring to exactly what is taking place this very moment? That many are being taught to deny His power and falling into the trap?

Do you live by the Spirit?

Do you sow by the Spirit?

Where are your deeds?

What fruit do you carry?

"No good tree bears bad fruit, nor does a bad tree bear good fruit." Luke 6:43

"But understand this, that in the last days there will come times of difficulty. 2For people will be lovers of self, lovers of money, proud, arrogant, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy, 3heartless, unappeasable, slanderous, without self-control, brutal, not loving good, 4treacherous, reckless, swollen with conceit, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God, 5having the appearance of godliness, but denying its power. Avoid such people. 6For among them are those who creep into households and capture weak women, burdened with sins and led astray by various passions, 7always learning and never able to arrive at a knowledge of the truth. " 2nd Timothy 3:1-7

Have the last days come and gone?
What is the time frame of this passage? Isn't it referring to exactly what is taking place this very moment? That many are being taught to deny His power and falling into the trap?

Okay, Ill ask again, what does any of that have to do with the power of the Holy Spirit that was given to the Apostles and if today someone thinks they have these powers as well (which the Bible does not support).

Okay, Ill ask again, what does any of that have to do with the power of the Holy Spirit that was given to the Apostles and if today someone thinks they have these powers as well (which the Bible does not support).

This has everything to do with it! I'm going to the root of the problem, which is your misconception of what you understand about the Holy Spirit. Once you understand this, the Truth will set you free! I'm not trying to say who's right or who's wrong. I'm really not. But don't you want to know that God is trying to speak to us? That we can actually hear Him?

Go back to my last thread and answer those the best you can. Please pray to God asking for the Truth. You will have a peace when you have found the Spirit of Truth. I'm not against you, I just want to see God's people empowered and endued with it. That we can also "generously receive a pouring from the Holy Spirit"

"He saved us, not because of righteous things we had done, but because of his mercy. He saved us through the washing of rebirth and renewal by the Holy Spirit, 6 whom he poured out on us generously through Jesus Christ our Savior," Titus 3:5-6

I'm not here to debate any theological issues...

"But avoid foolish controversies and genealogies and arguments and quarrels about the law, because these are unprofitable and useless. 10 Warn a divisive person once, and then warn them a second time. After that, have nothing to do with them. 11 You may be sure that such people are warped and sinful; they are self-condemned." Titus 3:9-11

This has everything to do with it! I'm going to the root of the problem, which is your misconception of what you understand about the Holy Spirit. Once you understand this, the Truth will set you free! I'm not trying to say who's right or who's wrong. I'm really not. But don't you want to know that God is trying to speak to us? That we can actually hear Him?

Go back to my last thread and answer those the best you can. Please pray to God asking for the Truth. You will have a peace when you have found the Spirit of Truth. I'm not against you, I just want to see God's people empowered and endued with it. That we can also "generously receive a pouring from the Holy Spirit"

"He saved us, not because of righteous things we had done, but because of his mercy. He saved us through the washing of rebirth and renewal by the Holy Spirit, 6 whom he poured out on us generously through Jesus Christ our Savior," Titus 3:5-6

I'm not here to debate any theological issues...

"But avoid foolish controversies and genealogies and arguments and quarrels about the law, because these are unprofitable and useless. 10 Warn a divisive person once, and then warn them a second time. After that, have nothing to do with them. 11 You may be sure that such people are warped and sinful; they are self-condemned." Titus 3:9-11

Justin,

In your other post you said you were seeking the truth no matter what doctrines had to go, yet here it appears you are defending this doctrine without addressing the issues being raised. I'm a little confused as to your intent could please specify it?

Last edited by a moderator:
The Bible teaches there are in fact three perfect things

1. God (Father, Son, Holy Spirit)
  2. Church (Bride of Christ)
  3. Word of God (Scripture)
You are committing the same error. You are now saying that because the word perfect is used for three different things, which I don't agree with, that Paul must be referring to one of those things. But that need not be the case. Paul could easily be talking about something else entirely.

rrowell said:
Now one must go back to the time Paul spoke his words. Paul said :

1 Corinthians 13:10 (KJV)
10 But when that which is perfect is come, then that which is in part shall be done away.

Note the "when", which means it has not come yet (at the time he spoke the words)
It does? How do you know? It could easily be referring to something that had already come and was going to come again.

rrowell said:
So, we know "God" (Father, Jesus, Holy Spirit) have already come, they were here before we were, they made us. so the "perfect" noted in this verse is not the Perfect Jesus.
I agree that it likely isn't referring to Jesus but your reasoning is in error.

rrowell said:
We know it is not the perfect Church of which Christ said he would build, this is after Pentecost, the Church was already established, so the Perfect Church is not what the "perfect" in this verse is here.
Not that it matters to the discussion but where does the Bible ever mention that the Church is perfect? It seems to imply the very opposite, hence the necessity of the very letter we're looking at.

rrowell said:
This leaves us with the New Testament "Perfect Law of Christ" which if Paul is talking (at this time and place) it has NOT YET COME.

Now we know "all scripture" is "perfect", it is affirmed in the old testament:

Psalms 19:7 (KJV)
7 The law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul: the testimony of the Lord is sure, making wise the simple.

And again affirmed in the New Testament:

2 Timothy 3:16-17 (KJV)
16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
17 That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.

The man of God can only be "perfect" by the "perfect word of God".

I know the truth hurts, because if the "perfect" Paul speaks of is the word of God, the New Testament Revelation that each Apostle "new in part" and once written and compiled "no longer in part", if this is the Perfect Paul speaks of (which it is) it puts a hole in most man made, man taught, UN-biblical doctrine.

Unless you deny the Word of God is "Perfect"?
The "perfect" Paul speaks of is not the "word of God." How can it be? Let's look at the context:

1Co 13:8 Love never ends. As for prophecies, they will pass away; as for tongues, they will cease; as for knowledge, it will pass away.
1Co 13:9 For we know in part and we prophesy in part,
1Co 13:10 but when the perfect comes, the partial will pass away.
1Co 13:11 When I was a child, I spoke like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I gave up childish ways.
1Co 13:12 For now we see in a mirror dimly, but then face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I have been fully known. (ESV)

The very fact we're having this discussion, the fact that there is so much disagreement among Christians regarding what the Bible says, completely does away with the notion that the "perfect" is the Bible. Does anyone "know fully, even as [they] have been fully known"? No, no one does. Not even close. We all still only "see in a mirror dimly" and "know in part".

The "perfect" is most likely that time after the Judgement when believers are raised and given knowledge of all things, when all mysteries are revealed, and all will have the clarity of "vision" as being face to face.

i know of a gospel singer tony green that was healed of a kidney disease after a kidney donated by his wife. some time later another sickness hit him and he passed away. these things happen we can not explain it. its not the laying of hands or the person its the prayer of faith . our body was created to die* my mom was healed of cancer only later on to get Alzheimer.. God Did miraculous heal her of cancer. it could have been GOD spared your dad for a period of time. to allow him to get things in order or testify to family ..we will never know:shrug

Justin,

In your other post you said you were seeking the truth no matter what doctrines had to go, yet here it appears you are defending this doctrine without addressing the issues being raised. I'm a little confused as to your intent could please specify it?

you sure focus in on justin i asked how you view the plan of salvation :pray

Justin,

I've addressed it many times. Asked everyone who doesn't believe many questions, but never get any response. I'm not defending any doctrine, only defending that the Holy Spirit is still alive. Many have concluded there is no more Holy Spirit. Many have acted like there's no more reason for faith with deeds.

All I continue to get is one verse, yes one verse about how that which has perfect has come. Which could very easily be twisted, because the word is taken way out of context.

How about my verse about the "end of times"? Just answer that one verse AND THEN I will be satisfied. Everyone just seems to ignore it like it's not there, because it doesn't fit their doctrine. I tell you satan comes like an angel of light to deceive His people, don't be deceived!

I've addressed it many times. Asked everyone who doesn't believe many questions, but never get any response. I'm not defending any doctrine, only defending that the Holy Spirit is still alive. Many have concluded there is no more Holy Spirit. Many have acted like there's no more reason for faith with deeds.

All I continue to get is one verse, yes one verse about how that which has perfect has come. Which could very easily be twisted, because the word is taken way out of context.

How about my verse about the "end of times"? Just answer that one verse AND THEN I will be satisfied. Everyone just seems to ignore it like it's not there, because it doesn't fit their doctrine. I tell you satan comes like an angel of light to deceive His people, don't be deceived!

Keep up the good fight brother:) Some are here just to wear-out the saints! If you know what I mean? Dont let any take you in circles, and you can repost the same scripture until one of them gives an honest answer!:thumbsup

you sure focus in on justin i asked how you view the plan of salvation :pray

Yes good question, Ezra:thumbsup I have found out that some "christians" have very odd ideas of salvation. The Holy Spirit dont fit into somes "plan of salvation":chin

Keep up the good fight brother:) Some are here just to wear-out the saints! If you know what I mean? Dont let any take you in circles, and you can repost the same scripture until one of them gives an honest answer!:thumbsup

Thanks for the encouragement :) I do understand what your getting at, and quoted two verses that says we're suppose to ignore people who cause disputes about biblical issues and those who deny His power. If after reading all of these things and they still ignore the Scriptures, then my job is done. Just like when I witness to people, not all will receive Jesus, but I have done my job to proclaim the Gospel.

Yes good question, Ezra:thumbsup I have found out that some "christians" have very odd ideas of salvation. The Holy Spirit dont fit into somes "plan of salvation":chin

I didn't catch where Ezra was going, but ya that is key. In fact, I've been reading else where that baptism of water is now the entrance into heaven. O' God how are people so confused?

Can Jesus lie? Or does man lie?

Joh 14:12

Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father.

Mar 16:17

And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;
Mar 16:18

They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.

Jas 4:3

Ye ask, and receive not, because ye ask amiss, that ye may consume it upon your lusts.
Jas 4:4

Ye adulterers and adulteresses, know ye not that the friendship of the world is enmity with God? whosoever therefore will be a friend of the world is the enemy of God.

1Jn 3:21

Beloved, if our heart condemn us not, then have we confidence toward God.
1Jn 3:22

And whatsoever we ask, we receive of him, because we keep his commandments, and do those things that are pleasing in his sight. :biglol

Back