Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[_ Old Earth _] Failure of the "evolution" religion

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
. The Barna Research Group has shown that the number of "unchurched" has doubled in the past 13 years from 39 million to 79 million. Also, people who said they "definitely believed in God" fell from 84% in 1984 to 78% today. On top of this, Christianity is not growing with the population lately. Paganism is growing very quickly in the US.

Quath[/quote]

:B-fly: Q',I hope someone has told you already by now,that smutt rags like the Globe,and National Enquirer lie big time!
Be very careful of the sources you put your trust and faith into.
Paganism is false religion,and I agree,it is growing fast,faster than the world can keep up with. When I said religion thats what I meant,the religious beliefs of the pagans,what do you think the one world religion will be all about,and most churches are pagan already to start with,and the occults that don't celebrate the pagan so called holy days,do celebrate angels,and other pagan things,so they are all pagan,even those who think they are not.{ "Christians,we are basically on our own,but God is with us!!!"}
{We knew this day would come,so fear not,God will not leave us!}
Lets all pray for Q. I feel that Q really is good deep down.

Yes Quath, as blue has repeatedly made clear, any new sources or textbooks which disagree with her ignorant opinions are nothing more than lies!

cubedbee said:
Yes Quath, as blue has repeatedly made clear, any new sources or textbooks which disagree with her ignorant opinions are nothing more than lies!

:o Come on now! I know I am not ignorant. all anyone has to do is look for themselves. The world is being run by liberals with an agenda all their own. thats not priviledged information.
Liberal spread their lies where ever they can. The outcome as you will see
is only going to get pagan Babylon started all over again only with a vengence this time!
Every false religious view is now here again today,and evolution has always been a part of pagan religion,so stop trying to call it science. It is one of the biggest lies around. Even the Popes believed in ot,and long before that,many pagan religions did and still do believe evolution.
It's just an old pagan practice that has re-surfaced just like all the others that have risen back up.
all the fairy tales and fables of man are back again today!
http://www.retakingamerica.com/easter_and_ishtar.html
http://www.toolong.com
http://www.unmaskingevolution.com
http://www.rae.org
http://www.dtl.org
:Fade-color The Pagans are back!

cubedbee said:

:Fade-color cubedbee,it's not nice to call people ignorant.
I was ignorant when I was lost,and when I was still into pagan ways,but now God is with me and he directs all my steps and he lights my path.
I'll thank you to be more considerate,because look at what I deal with from you,and take special note,I don't hold bitterness towards you at all.

Blue, all you ever do is rant and rave. You can never directly address an issue, let alone provide evidence.

Let's see what just happened in this conversation

1) You said that the world is getting more and more religious. You provide no evidence.
2) Quath said that you were wrong, and then provided statistics to show that atheism was growing and that church attendance was declining
3) You respond by saying that Quath's sources lied. You do not provide alternative sources that show different numbers, you simply make a claim. You then ramble on about Pagans, not making much sense or having any factual information to share.
4) I make a sarcastic comment, voicing my disgust at your continued tactics of calling things false and lying without providing any evidence.
5) You respond to me, not by giving any evidence about anything, but by rambling on about how liberals are liars and pagans are back again. You then post links to 5 random websites, none of which specifically address anything that was said to you.

Blue, I have a question.

What kind of world do you want?

In a perfect Christian world, with no "liberal bias", all children taught about Jesus before Newton in schools. No abortion, no gay marriage, no other religions. Is that what you want?

On the other hand, isn't it the destiny of your faith that the exact opposite will occur? I mean the anti-christ, all the bad stuff of revelation, the return of Jesus.

Shouldn't you be excited about how the world is, according to you, quite literally going to hell in a handbasket. Doesn't that get you closer to the return of Jesus?

cubedbee said:
Blue, all you ever do is rant and rave. You can never directly address an issue, let alone provide evidence.

O.K.,cubed if you believe that the news on t.v. is all lies then so be it.
We can all see what is happening today.
My sources are good sources,and those websites are trusted websites.
You are sitting on both sides of the fence and you cannot do that with God,so you need to make up your mind,and soon!
You haven't shown one spec of actual are presumed evidence,not even once since I have known you.
You know I don't believe liberals who want more rights to do evil against God,and those who are not satisfied that they have Freedom here in America. If the liberals have it their way,America won't be free for long!
show your concrete evidence before saying others have no evidence.
You don't show any proof at all for your statements. You accuse,but do not show proof!

ThinkerMan said:
Blue, I have a question.

What kind of world do you want?

In a perfect Christian world, with no "liberal bias", all children taught about Jesus before Newton in schools. No abortion, no gay marriage, no other religions. Is that what you want?

On the other hand, isn't it the destiny of your faith that the exact opposite will occur? I mean the anti-christ, all the bad stuff of revelation, the return of Jesus.

:angel: We know we cannot have a perfect world,but I cannot support those who willingly sin against God and teach others to do it,as if it's alright,ect.....
Yes, I am excited about the end times in the sense that I know it brings us closer to our Lord's return.
It doesn't mean we can't take a stand against the evil in this world while we still can.
As a child of God,we should stand up against evil and not make it easy for those that spread lies,ect....
The Bible tells us what the world will be like in the last days,and they certainly do appear to be here now.
Very good point you bring up! Thank you for it.

I must say, Blue, that that was an excellent response.

However, the question remains. Do you want to achieve your goal?

Do you really want the whole world to be a peaceful, Christian world.?(We could debate the point of whether it would infact peaceful, but I will stipulate that here)

If you succeed, won't that prolong the return of Jesus?

blueeyeliner said:
cubedbee said:
Please learn how to use the quote function. It isn't very hard. You need to add “[/quote]†at the end of your quotes.
O.K.,cubed if you believe that the news on t.v. is all lies then so be it.
I certainly didn’t make any such claim. You are the one claiming that all news sources are liberal, biased, and contain lies. I don’t believe everything I hear on TV is true, but neither do I believe everything I hear is a lie.
We can all see what is happening today.
My sources are good sources,and those websites are trusted websites.
Your sources aren’t quality. Some of them are home-made websites obviously maintained by a single individual. Others are more professionally done, but obviously biased. They almost never address the topic at hand when you post them. Link to a specific article on one of your pages if it is a relevant one. Linking to a homepage of a site that contains dozens of articles doesn’t help anyone, even if those articles are true. None of us have the time or desire to read through all the sites you link to in order to see if they might be relevant.
You are sitting on both sides of the fence and you cannot do that with God,so you need to make up your mind,and soon!
When typing English, a comma is always to have a space after it. You often don’t include the space, so your sentences run together and are hard to read. You also use commas where they are not needed, but that is harder to catch. Please, start putting spaces after your commas.
You haven't shown one spec of actual are presumed evidence,not even once since I have known you.
I haven’t presented one shred of evidence to you, because you haven’t engaged in a single valid argument yet. Look at my posts in political or current events. When I read a news story, I am skeptical of the facts presented and take steps to verify them on my own. I have many posts that lay out evidence, with sources, numbers , and analysis, as to why I think a particular article is false or misleading.
You know I don't believe liberals who want more rights to do evil against God,and those who are not satisfied that they have Freedom here in America.
This isn’t a sentence, and I have no idea what you are trying to say.
If the liberals have it their way,America won't be free for long!
Liberals want nothing but more freedom. True freedom includes the freedom to sin. God has given us the freedom to sin. True, we will be personally accountable at judgment for the sins we commit, but while we are on this Earth, God lets us act as we will.
show your concrete evidence before saying others have no evidence.
You don't show any proof at all for your statements. You accuse,but do not show proof!

Here is some evidence that your idea that the world is becoming more religious and soon there will be no atheists is false.

Let’s go back to Quath’s Source. He used data from the Barna Research Group. You compared it to the National Enquirer and the Globe. Let’s see what the Barna Research Group actually is. On the Company Profile page we can see that “BRG has been providing information and analysis regarding cultural trends and the Christian Church since 1984.†And “Would you like to serve the body of Christ by working with the premiere marketing research company in America that is dedicated to assisting God’s people to do the work of the kingdom?†Then, we can see that George Bama Is a pastor with a Doctorate from Dallas Baptist University who has written over 30 books and taught extensively at Christian seminars and churchs.

So, basically Quath provided you a Christian source, and without knowing anything about it, you claimed that it was all lies. And why did you do this? Simply because it didn’t agree with your beliefs.

Here’s another article from the same source. http://www.barna.org/FlexPage.aspx?Page ... dateID=160

In it, you can see that atheists and agnostics have grown from 9% of the US population in 1995 to 12% of the US population in 2004. This is contrasted with evangelical Christians, who were at 6% in 1995 and at 7% in 2004. For the sake of the survey, evangelical Christians were defined as “Evangelical Christians are a subset of the born again Christian population, meaning that they say they have made a personal commitment to Christ that is important in their life today and believe they will experience eternal salvation because they have confessed their sins and accepted Christ as their savior. (The term “evangelical†is not used in Barna surveys; people do not self-identify as “evangelical.â€Â) In addition to meeting the born again criteria, evangelicals also meet seven other conditions. Those include saying their faith is very important in their life today; contending that they have a personal responsibility to share their religious beliefs about Christ with non-Christians; stating that Satan exists; maintaining that eternal salvation is possible only through grace, not works; asserting that Jesus Christ lived a sinless life on earth; saying that the Bible is totally accurate in all it teaches; and describing God as the all-knowing, all-powerful, perfect deity who created the universe and still rules it today. In the survey, being categorized as “evangelical†was not dependent upon any church or denominational affiliation or involvementâ€Â

Let’s start here for now. You have two different figures from Barna Research Group indicating that atheism and unbelief is growing quickly in this country. Please, either provide an alternative set of statistics that show a different story, or give us solid evidence why we should believe that this well-educated pastor is purposely issuing deceptive statistics.

Oh, and here's a little note from the last source I gave you. The younger generation is much more faithless than the older once. Thus, the 12% of atheists/agnostics is only going to get worse as old people die and this younger generation ages.

Age patterns were evident as well. The youngest adult generation – the Baby Busters – was generally less comfortable with biblical beliefs than were older adults. Most surprising, in fact, is that Busters were 18% less likely than their elders to claim that their religious faith is very important in their life. Busters, the group presently between the ages of 20 and 38, were also twice as likely as adults from the Boomer, Builder and Seniors generations to describe themselves as atheist or agnostic.

I make a sarcastic comment, voicing my disgust at your continued tactics of calling things false and lying without providing any evidence.
( comments above by cubed)

:B-fly: please remember that this is a debate,and just because you don't see what I call evidence does not make you correct. Just read for yourself.
http://www.suite101.com/article.cfm/chr ... ence/75915
http://www.evolutionfantasy.org

http://www.exposingsatanism.org
http://www.paganspath.com

http://www.megspace.com/religion/muselt ... uence.html

Liberal efforts to undermine the uniqueness of the christian revelation via claims of pagan influence collapse quickly once a full account of the information is available. It is clear that liberal arguments exhibit astoundingly bad scholarship.
Indeed,this conclusion may be too generous. According to one writer, a more accurate account of these bad arguments would describe them as
"prejudiced irresponsibility.
http://www.megspace.com

Pagans and liberals lie and say christians got their religion from pagans when the truth about God was already around in the world long before the bible was ever written. pagans tried to copy the true christians,not the other way around.
Adam and Eve were not pagans.

ThinkerMan said:
I must say, Blue, that that was an excellent response.

However, the question remains. Do you want to achieve your goal?

Do you really want the whole world to be a peaceful, Christian world.?(We could debate the point of whether it would infact peaceful, but I will stipulate that here)

If you succeed, won't that prolong the return of Jesus?
:B-fly: You misunderstand my goal. My goal is to help others be aware of what is happening and realize that God is right,and that Jesus Christ is the answer.
As I have already told you in so many words, I know we cannot gain world peace,and world peace without Jesus Christ won't last,and cannot last ever!
I hope others will think about the kind of world we live in now and see the connection that the bible makes about how the world will be in the last days. We are in the days of increasing information,yet while the worldly keep learning,they still cannot understand,only those who truly believe God and do not let the world influence them will see what is happening today in light of the scriptures. It's good to help others understand what is going on in a world full of confusion and when they realize that God is in control and he will help them,they will be less afraid of the times we are in. Some of My goals are to help others know what is going on around them in the world we now have,and the hope that is in Jesus Christ.
The world is going to get darker not better,but christians who are prepared for what is coming are much less afraid,and instead more excited about the events that are coming.

cubedbee said:
blueeyeliner said:
These two links don't work. Before I debate this last post of yours, I am waiting for you to respond to the last post of mine. Either retract your assertion that Quath was using a lying source, or back it up.

:B-fly: I'm sorry,but you have me mistaken for a dummy!
I cannot say that any source that defames the truth is an accurate source and that is called "Common Sense".
When you find proof for your statements about President Bush,we will see!

http://www.paganspath.com
http://www.reachingforchrist.org/falsed ... spagan.php
http://www.cuttingedge.org/news/n1606.cfm
http://www.evolutionfantasy.org

blueeyeliner said:
cubedbee said:
blueeyeliner said:
These two links don't work. Before I debate this last post of yours, I am waiting for you to respond to the last post of mine. Either retract your assertion that Quath was using a lying source, or back it up.

:B-fly: I'm sorry,but you have me mistaken for a dummy!
I cannot say that any source that defames the truth is an accurate source and that is called "Common Sense".
When you find proof for your statements about President Bush,we will see!

Blue, I am asking one more time. Quath posted an article with statistics that indicated the number of atheists is increasing. I posted another article that indicated the same thing. You are claiming that this is a lie. Post something that relates to the number of atheist and backs up your claim that it is a lie. Otherwise, please shut up. None of the links you have so far provided address this issue.

Blue,

There is an inherant problem with your debating tactics that I hope you can come to understand.

Your defense of most of your positions are two-fold.

1. You state unequivicly that your knowledge, and your ability to determine correct from incorrect and false from true comes solely from god, even in secular matters. TV, CNN, every piece of evidence is filtered through your "God-glasses".

This doesn't nothing to strenthen your point. If this is your "source" for your positions, then you should not be debating at all. Simply believe them and move on. They do ABSOLUTELY nothing to change the views or perspectives of others on this forum, either christians or non-christians.

2. You post a number of sites, with no specific reference. We normally debate one or two pieces of information at a time. I, nor anyone else here, is going to wade through 1000 pages online to find the evidence you proport to have, especially since most have nothing to do with the specific point.

Most of us have been on these sites, and read these sites, however we have not memorized them and have no clue what you are referring to when going against a point.

I am very near not even engaging you in discussion anymore. I admit, I find your beliefs fascinating, but if you refuse to engage people in a manner in which they can intellegently respond, I see no point in finding out more about them.

cubedbee said:
blueeyeliner said:
cubedbee said:
:B-fly: Sorry if I hit a nerve,but what you are saying is a desperate cry and an attempt to get others to believe what you say while trying to belittle others who stand firmly against your views. What gives you the right to post any websites after trying to scold me for it,and what makes your sites more trustworthy?
You really seem biased towards liberal views and thats your choice,don't try to force it on others.
God gives us free choice,that is right,but that doesn't mean we should incite others to do things against God just because God gives us free will!
Your so called logic really sounds strange!
You never back up your claims,and you accuse others of not backing up theirs,that is twisted!
No one ever has to wade through these websites that I choose,they get to the truth right away,thats why I like them.
The news,while much of it is secular still cannot denie what everyone knows is going on all over the world.
You just want to fight and argue rather than debate,but you have chosen the wrong person for it,amen.
Let mr also tell you one more time,that no,those statistics are not right. Look up the statistics for todays times and see what most people say about it.
Q and I both agree that the pagan religions are spreading,and thats my point! It's still considered religious too.

ThinkerMan said:
Blue,

There is an inherant problem with your debating tactics that I hope you can come to understand.

:B-fly: Dear Tinkerman,thank you for that much more civilized response,but you really need to get past judging others who don't agree with you.
I have studied many years,and I do not see what your point is,much less what you claim you believe in when it seems to change so often. How does
anyone keep up?
The websites I choose are right on target and they answer the questions in a polite and easy to understand way.
If you don't agree with them,just say that. There is no need for a long drawn out winded excuse. We cannot all agree on which websites are the most acurate. We all learn in different ways.
No one has to view websites if they choose not to do so.
Some are very useful however,and I don't just believe everything I read.
I even put a website up for the pagans,so they can choose to agree or disagree if they choose to if the website is honest or not.
You cannot learn from anyone if you are too busy trying to put them down.
I am comfortable with not debating with you and I hope you learn something from all of this. Before judging others,set an example,whatever that example is that you wish to convey,and try not to
be so critical of others until you know enough about the subjects up for debate.
Attacking someones writing skills is just another attempt to discredit them without addressing the real issues. You focus your attacks on the person rather than what they are asking of you.
also,you don't have to jump in for anyone here,you have enough to deal with just keeping up with your own issues. Thank you.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back