Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

God's Great Free Gift of Salvation for Everyone

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$905.00
Goal
$1,038.00
[I know what you mean.
But think of this
]

Let's think about scripture, rather than philosophical speculation.

[Why do you suppose God created mankind?
]

For His own Glory

[He knew we would sin in the Garden.]

18 Known unto God are all his works from the beginning of the world.

If you want to use scripture that's perfect with me.
But your going to have to state the book, chapter and verse.
You have an 18 up there...That's not enough info.
However, I know the verse, but what does that have to do with why God created us if He knew we would sin in the Garden? OF COURSE, God knows all His works from the beginning.
And you say He created us for His own glory?
What I wrote in green up there said exactly that...that God created us FOR HIS GLORY, and how does He get that glory in calvinist theology? By sending most of humanity to hell.
Yes, that's some glory God has for Himself. That He created most of humanity to send them to hell.
Do you realize that this is blasphemy?

Also, you should learn to use the reply features.

[He knew most would be going to hell.]

Where does it say "most are going to hell? I read where a multitude will be saved, more than the sand of the sea,More than the stars in the heaven. Where do you see"MOST"

Where do I see MOST?
Are you following along??
I'M saying that God knew most would go to hell.
He only picked a few - so most are going to hell.
What about this do you not understand?

[Do you think God enjoys sending persons to hell?]

23 Have I any pleasure at all that the wicked should die? saith the Lord God: and not that he should return from his ways, and live?
Why would you or anyone ask such a question when scripture gives a direct answer?

Well, you still didn't post the scripture.
So it seems from your verse that God does NOT enjoy persons going to hell...
and I agree.
So WHY is most of humanity going to hell IF GOD does not want them to?
Could it have something to do with the fact that He PASSED THEM OVER?

God does not take pleasure in the death of the wicked, but they are surely going to die!
You must understand all the verses equally, not pick and choose to create a false scenerio.

What false scenario?
YOU picked the verse and I agree with it.
Please answer the question....
WHY are most humans going to hell IF GOD does not wish them to?
Could it have something to do with Him PASSING THEM OVER?
[Can we agree that He doesn't at least?]
No...The original creation was very good Gen.1:31

What does this have anything to do with anything?
If you're driving and don't have time, I'd appreciate it if you just wouldn't answer.
[If Jesus is our atonement, doesn't this mean that God made a plan for mankind to be saved?]

Jesus died a Covenant death for All the Father gave to Him, They and they alone will be saved. Jn6;37-44
NO MORE , NO LESS....The others are passed by.
And the ones that are passed by are going to hell.
And you posted Ezekiel 33:11 which states that God has no enjoyment in sending persons to hell.
So why is God PASSING OVER persons if He's a God of love, mercy, and justice.
Why doesn't He give to everyone the same opportunity to become saved?

Ezekiel 33:11
11Say to them, ‘As I live!’ declares the Lord GOD, ‘I take no pleasure at all in the death of the wicked, but rather that the wicked turn from his way and live. Turn back, turn back from your evil ways!

Ezekiel 18:23
23“Do I have any pleasure in the death of the wicked,” declares the Lord GOD, “rather than that he should turn from his ways and live?

However, I know the verse, but what does that have to do with why God created us if He knew we would sin in the Garden? OF COURSE, God knows all His works from the beginning.
What I wrote in green up there said exactly that...that God created us FOR HIS GLORY, and how does He get that glory in calvinist theology? By sending most of humanity to hell.
Yes, that's some glory God has for Himself. That He created most of humanity to send them to hell.

Where do I see MOST?

and I agree.

What false scenario?

If you're driving and don't have time, I'd appreciate it if you just wouldn't answer.

And you posted Ezekiel 33:11 which states that God has no enjoyment in sending persons to hell.

11Say to them, ‘As I live!’ declares the Lord GOD, ‘I take no pleasure at all in the death of the wicked, but rather that the wicked turn from his way and live. Turn back, turn back from your evil ways!

23“Do I have any pleasure in the death of the wicked,” declares the Lord GOD, “rather than that he should turn from his ways and live?
I have answered, you are unable to understand.
People go to hell....justly for their sins.
What about that do you miss.
Those who believe not ARE Condemned already.jn3:17
Are you suggesting God cannot send sinners to hell.
I asked you to go over my response,line by line.once again you fail to do it.
Line by line means you cannot just avoid what is posted, then blame God for punishing sin.
God said he does not take pleasure in the death of the wicked.
He did not say He is not going to send multitudes to hell.
You are changing the words.
I asked you why you keep saying....Most...
Are sent to hell.
Give your scripture on that.
I do not care what you say, but rather what does scripture say .

Hello Hopeful,
While we go back and forth on the teaching, we should never forget to give thanks for the "so great salvation" that everyone believing has IN Christ.
We should always be in a learning posture seeking truth in scripture, not outside of it.

2 Therefore we ought to give the more earnest heed to the things which we have heard, lest at any time we should let them slip.

2 For if the word spoken by angels was stedfast, and every transgression and disobedience received a just recompence of reward;

3 How shall we escape, if we neglect so great salvation; which at the first began to be spoken by the Lord, and was confirmed unto us by them that heard him;

4 God also bearing them witness, both with signs and wonders, and with divers miracles, and gifts of the Holy Ghost, according to his own will?
Amen, and thanks for the exhortations.
Let's just hope we remain "in Christ" throughout our lives on earth.
There is no salvation outside of Him.

Where do I see MOST?

and I agree.

What false scenario?

Line by line means you cannot just avoid what is posted, then blame God for man's sin.

Line by line means you cannot just avoid what is posted, then blame God for punishing sin.
Are sent to hell.

I didn't say you didn't answer.
I said you must use scripture...
book
chapter
verse

Please stop telling me I don't understand...this is not correct.
I understand only too well.

Here's what I miss:
I KNOW people go to hell, every Christian on this forum knows this.
But WHY do they go to hell?

Could YOU please explain to me why they go to hell?
It is NOT JUST unless we all have the same opportunity to choose heaven.

Those who believe not are condemned already
BECAUSE GOD PREDESTINATED THEM NOT TO BELIEVE....according to John Calvin AND the WCF.
BECAUSE GOD PASSED OVER THEM....according to John Calvin and the WCF.

This seems easy enough to grasp.

Please check post number 1101 again.
If that is not line by line Iconoclast, then I don't know what is.

I don't blame God for punishing sin,
I blame Calvin for stating that God does not give an opportunity to EVERYONE to be saved...

How am I changing the words?
We both agreed that God does not like sending people to hell.
Here are the words again:

If God does not enjoy sending His beloved creation (us) to hell,
Then why does JOHN CALVIN and the WCF state that He passes over billions of persons, FOR NO REASON AT ALL, so that they end up in hell?

I know it's a difficult question to answer because Calvinism is not a logical theology,
but could you please answer instead of telling me I don't understand?
Thanks.

Are sent to hell.
Why, you think most go to heaven?

Matthew 7:13-14
13“Enter through the narrow gate; for the gate is wide and the way is broad that leads to destruction, and there are many who enter through it.
14“For the gate is small and the way is narrow that leads to life, and there are few who find it.

I didn't say you didn't answer.
I said you must use scripture...
book
chapter
verse

Please stop telling me I don't understand...this is not correct.
I understand only too well.

Here's what I miss:
I KNOW people go to hell, every Christian on this forum knows this.
But WHY do they go to hell?

Could YOU please explain to me why they go to hell?
It is NOT JUST unless we all have the same opportunity to choose heaven.

Those who believe not are condemned already
BECAUSE GOD PREDESTINATED THEM NOT TO BELIEVE....according to John Calvin AND the WCF.
BECAUSE GOD PASSED OVER THEM....according to John Calvin and the WCF.

This seems easy enough to grasp.

Please check post number 1101 again.
If that is not line by line Iconoclast, then I don't know what is.

I don't blame God for punishing sin,
I blame Calvin for stating that God does not give an opportunity to EVERYONE to be saved...

How am I changing the words?
We both agreed that God does not like sending people to hell.
Here are the words again:

If God does not enjoy sending His beloved creation (us) to hell,
Then why does JOHN CALVIN and the WCF state that He passes over billions of persons, FOR NO REASON AT ALL, so that they end up in hell?

I know it's a difficult question to answer because Calvinism is not a logical theology,
but could you please answer instead of telling me I don't understand?
Thanks.

Why, you think most go to heaven?

Matthew 7:13-14
13“Enter through the narrow gate; for the gate is wide and the way is broad that leads to destruction, and there are many who enter through it.
14“For the gate is small and the way is narrow that leads to life, and there are few who find it.
God has done all that he can do for the salvation of fallen man. The law has been fulfilled and abolished. All sin has been atoned for. This is why salvation is by grace through faith, Ephesians 2:8.

The only thing God that will not do is that he will not force anyone to believe on him and be saved. This is why Calvinists are against free will. "Chose this day whom you will serve".

God has done all that he can do for the salvation of fallen man. The law has been fulfilled and abolished. All sin has been atoned for. This is why salvation is by grace through faith, Ephesians 2:8.

The only thing God that will not do is that he will not force anyone to believe on him and be saved. This is why Calvinists are against free will. "Chose this day whom you will serve".
As posted this indicates you do not understand the biblical gospel, which is defined by Calvinism.
If you suggest God has done all that he can,,,THEN....YOU HAVE MAN TRYING TO SAVE HIMSELF,a WORKS GOSPEL,Man must do something in addition to what God has done.

As posted this indicates you do not understand the biblical gospel, which is defined by Calvinism.
If you suggest God has done all that he can,,,THEN....YOU HAVE MAN TRYING TO SAVE HIMSELF,a WORKS GOSPEL,Man must do something in addition to what God has done.
He must believe in the atoning, salvific work of Jesus Christ. That is not a "work", i.e., a task. That is a change of mind. See my signature below...

Calvinism does not define the Gospel, instead it clouds the Gospel and makes it of no effect.

When Jesus entered into heaven all of humanity entered in with him. God sees ALL THINGS in Jesus Christ. This is why Paul said, "You are complete in him" Colossians 2:10. This is also why Jesus claims to be the savior of the whole world, John 3:17. Jesus has done it all and he did it perfectly. This is why salvation is by grace through faith, Ephesians 2:8.

You need to renounce Calvinism and trust in Christ alone to save you.

I would state seek and ask until you receive Gods witness of the Spirit that you are a child of God. (Christ in Us) At that point one would know with "certainty" they are in the faith and that their name is written in heaven.

I don't define this as works based.
But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.

Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives; the one who seeks finds; and to the one who knocks, the door will be opened.

Here I am! I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat with that person, and they with me.

It's not a matter of just or unjust to me as I/we know no fault can be found in the Father. Man's love is but filthy rags compared to the loving natural of our heavenly Father.
I just don't believe Gods natural would allow Himself to write off large groups of people without sincerely inviting them to the wedding supper of the lamb. A choice that can be accepted or rejected given. A choice of following this world or Christ Jesus's hard truth's. He is a hard teacher. Whether one listens or doesn't listen the truth of the gospel is witnessed by man and God's Holy Spirit to all nations by the will of the Father.

Calvinism does not define the Gospel, instead it clouds the Gospel and makes it of no effect.

When Jesus entered into heaven all of humanity entered in with him. God sees ALL THINGS in Jesus Christ. This is why Paul said, "You are complete in him" Colossians 2:10. This is also why Jesus claims to be the savior of the whole world, John 3:17. Jesus has done it all and he did it perfectly. This is why salvation is by grace through faith, Ephesians 2:8.

You need to renounce Calvinism and trust in Christ alone to save you.
The whole world is not saved. never will be.

Another insult directed at Jesus Christ.

"I came not to judge the world, but to save the world" John 12:47.

Jesus has saved the world. God sees ALL THINGS in Jesus Christ. As far as God is concerned Jesus has victoriously defeated sin, death and the devil and now sits in heaven as, "The King of Kings and the Lord of Lords" Revelation 19:16.

Because of the doing and the dying of Jesus God is at peace with the world, Colossians 1:20. Jesus has ALREADY reconciled us and the world unto God, 2 Corinthians 5:18-19.

Last edited by a moderator:
Another insult directed at Jesus Christ. You will say anything to appease your Calvinist God.

"I came not to judge the world, but to save the world" John 12:47.

Jesus has saved the world. God sees ALL THINGS in Jesus Christ. As far as God is concerned Jesus has victoriously defeated sin, death and the devil and now sits in heaven as, "The King of Kings and the Lord of Lords" Revelation 19:16.

Because of the doing and the dying of Jesus God is at peace with the world, Colossians 1:20. Jesus has ALREADY reconciled us and the world unto God, 2 Corinthians 5:18-19.

At this point you are unable to welcome truth in any way.
That is why you suggest we worship a false god.

Last edited by a moderator:
wondering,

[Where do I see MOST?
Are you following alon
g??]

I am following along and watching you avoid direct questions

[I'M saying that God knew most would go to hell]

You are saying that...you say it.
I asked you 3 times to show scripture that teaches any such thing, you have not done so, because it does not say it.

[He only picked a few - so most are going to hell.
What about this do you not understand?]

You are posting such nonsense, does this look like a few???

Gen.13:16 And I will make thy seed as the dust of the earth: so that if a man can number the dust of the earth, then shall thy seed also be numbered.

gen.32

2 And thou saidst, I will surely do thee good, and make thy seed as the sand of the sea, which cannot be numbered for multitude.

[So it seems from your verse that God does NOT enjoy persons going to hell...
and I agree.]
It did not say that...it said He takes no pleasure in the death of the wicked, it did not say a word about people going to hell.

[So WHY is most of humanity going to hell IF GOD does not want them to?]

The bible does not say any of this as you make up your own ideas. Anyone who goes to hell goes there because of sin that they committed. I have told you this 5 times.

Do not blame God for mans sin.

[Could it have something to do with the fact that He PASSED THEM OVER?]

No. They go to hell as unrepentant sinners.

[What false scenario?
Could it have something to do with Him PASSING THEM OVER?]

Here you blame God again, same problem.

Who do you think will be those who desire to come to Christ? Those who really fear God or those that don't?
Does one who truly fears God need to be reminded over and over about morality and righteous living? Do they not also honor the Lord?
Paul before Felix
However, I admit that I worship the God of our ancestors as a follower of the Way, which they call a sect. I believe everything that is in accordance with the Law and that is written in the Prophets, 15and I have the same hope in God as these men themselves have, that there will be a resurrection of both the righteous and the wicked. 16So I strive always to keep my conscience clear before God and man.

Behold, the eye of the LORD is on those who fear him, on those who hope in his steadfast love, that he may deliver their soul from death and keep them alive in famine.

Then those who feared the Lord talked with each other, and the Lord listened and heard. A scroll of remembrance was written in his presence concerning those who feared the Lord and honored his name.

17“On the day when I act,” says the Lord Almighty, “they will be my treasured possession. I will spare them, just as a father has compassion and spares his son who serves him. 18And you will again see the distinction between the righteous and the wicked, between those who serve God and those who do not.

the LORD delights in those who fear him, who put their hope in his unfailing love

But from eternity to eternity the Lord's faithful love is toward those who fear him, and his righteousness toward the grandchildren.

Then the church throughout Judea, Galilee and Samaria enjoyed a time of peace and was strengthened. Living in the fear of the Lord and encouraged by the Holy Spirit, it increased in numbers.

Mary by the Holy Spirit
His mercy extends to those who fear him,
from generation to generation.

Who do you think will be those who desire to come to Christ? Those who really fear God or those that don't?
Hello Randy,
Good post, good questions.
God has designed to save a multitude of dead sinners In Christ. Who are these persons? Where are they found?
jn11
50 Nor consider that it is expedient for us, that one man should die for the people, and that the whole nation perish not.

51 And this spake he not of himself: but being high priest that year, he prophesied that Jesus should die for that nation;

52 And not for that nation only,
but that also he should gather together in one the children of God that were scattered abroad.
They are scattered worldwide. Not every single person ever born, but the children the Father gave to the Son.

12 Saying, I will declare thy name unto my brethren, in the midst of the church will I sing praise unto thee.

13 And again, I will put my trust in him. And again, Behold I and the children which God hath given me.

14 Forasmuch then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, he also himself likewise took part of the same; that through death he might destroy him that had the power of death, that is, the devil;

15 And deliver them who through fear of death were all their lifetime subject to bondage.

16 For verily he took not on him the nature of angels; but he took on him the seed of Abraham.
Does one who truly fears God need to be reminded over and over about morality and righteous living? Do they not also honor the Lord?
Only believers have a proper reverence for God.Heb.12
28 Wherefore we receiving a kingdom which cannot be moved, let us have grace, whereby we may serve God acceptably with reverence and godly fear:

29 For our God is a consuming fire.

Paul before Felix

However, I admit that I worship the God of our ancestors as a follower of the Way, which they call a sect. I believe everything that is in accordance with the Law and that is written in the Prophets, 15and I have the same hope in God as these men themselves have, that there will be a resurrection of both the righteous and the wicked. 16So I strive always to keep my conscience clear before God and man.
This is the mindset of all true Christians

Behold, the eye of the LORD is on those who fear him,on those who hope in his steadfast love, that he may deliver their soul from death and keep them alive in famine.

Then those who feared the Lord talked with each other, and the Lord listened and heard. A scroll of remembrance was written in his presence concerning those who feared the Lord and honored his name.

17“On the day when I act,” says the Lord Almighty, “they will be my treasured possession. I will spare them, just as a father has compassion and spares his son who serves him. 18And you will again see the distinction between the righteous and the wicked, between those who serve God and those who do not.

the LORD delights in those who fear him, who put their hope in his unfailing love

But from eternity to eternity the Lord's faithful love is toward those who fear him, and his righteousness toward the grandchildren.

Then the church throughout Judea, Galilee and Samaria enjoyed a time of peace and was strengthened. Living in the fear of the Lord and encouraged by the Holy Spirit, it increased in numbers.

Mary by the Holy Spirit
The Lord knows them that are His.

Hello Randy,
Good post, good questions.
God has designed to save a multitude of dead sinners In Christ. Who are these persons? Where are they found?
jn11
50 Nor consider that it is expedient for us, that one man should die for the people, and that the whole nation perish not.

51 And this spake he not of himself: but being high priest that year, he prophesied that Jesus should die for that nation;

52 And not for that nation only,
but that also he should gather together in one the children of God that were scattered abroad.
They are scattered worldwide. Not every single person ever born, but the children the Father gave to the Son.

12 Saying, I will declare thy name unto my brethren, in the midst of the church will I sing praise unto thee.

13 And again, I will put my trust in him. And again, Behold I and the children which God hath given me.

14 Forasmuch then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, he also himself likewise took part of the same; that through death he might destroy him that had the power of death, that is, the devil;

15 And deliver them who through fear of death were all their lifetime subject to bondage.

16 For verily he took not on him the nature of angels; but he took on him the seed of Abraham.

Only believers have a proper reverence for God.Heb.12

28 Wherefore we receiving a kingdom which cannot be moved, let us have grace, whereby we may serve God acceptably with reverence and godly fear:

29 For our God is a consuming fire.

This is the mindset of all true Christians

The Lord knows them that are His.
Both unrighteous yet one truly fears God and asked and received eternal life. (his sins were not forgiven by works nor was he water baptized) but forgiven by the grace and the mercy of God poured out through Jesus Christ our Lord.

One of the criminals who hung there hurled insults at him: “Aren’t you the Messiah? Save yourself and us!”

40But the other criminal rebuked him. “Don’t you fear God,” he said, “since you are under the same sentence? 41We are punished justly, for we are getting what our deeds deserve. But this man has done nothing wrong.”

42Then he said, “Jesus, remember me when you come into your kingdom. ”

43Jesus answered him, “Truly I tell you, today you will be with me in paradise.”

Both unrighteous yet one truly fears God and asked and received eternal life. (his sins were not forgiven by works nor was he water baptized) but forgiven by the grace and the mercy of God poured out through Jesus Christ our Lord.

One of the criminals who hung there hurled insults at him: “Aren’t you the Messiah? Save yourself and us!”

40But the other criminal rebuked him. “Don’t you fear God,” he said, “since you are under the same sentence? 41We are punished justly, for we are getting what our deeds deserve. But this man has done nothing wrong.”

42Then he said, “Jesus, remember me when you come into your kingdom. ”

43Jesus answered him, “Truly I tell you, today you will be with me in paradise.”
7 The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge: but fools despise wisdom and instruction.

Paul before Felix

Behold, the eye of the LORD is on those who fear him, on those who hope in his steadfast love, that he may deliver their soul from death and keep them alive in famine.

Mary by the Holy Spirit
Romans 8:15, "For you did not receive a spirit of slavery to fall back into fear, but you received a spirit of adoption. When we cry, “Abba! Father!”

"Abba" is equivalent to "Daddy". We come like little children to our loving Father. Fear is absent.

Back