Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

God's Great Free Gift of Salvation for Everyone

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$905.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Romans 8:15, "For you did not receive a spirit of slavery to fall back into fear, but you received a spirit of adoption. When we cry, “Abba! Father!”

"Abba" is equivalent to "Daddy". We come like little children to our loving Father. Fear is absent.
I'm comfortable in my salvation and do not live in fear because I remain in Jesus.
Those who fear God police themselves.
Paul before Felix
... and I have the same hope in God as these men themselves have, that there will be a resurrection of both the righteous and the wicked. 16 So I strive always to keep my conscience clear before God and man.

"Brethren, sons of Abraham's family, and those among you who fear God, TO US the word of this salvation is sent out.

There is a correlation made in regard to those who "fear God" and the message of salvation sent out.
Cornelius was noted as God fearing.

Since, then, we know what it is to fear the Lord, we try to persuade others. What we are is plain to God, and I hope it is also plain to your conscience.

Its even commanded in REV

He said in a loud voice, “Fear God and give him glory, because the hour of his judgment has come. Worship him who made the heavens, the earth, the sea and the springs of water.”

“I tell you, my friends, do not be afraid of those who kill the body and after that can do no more. 5But I will show you whom you should fear: Fear him who, after your body has been killed, has authority to throw you into hell. Yes, I tell you, fear him. 6Are not five sparrows sold for two pennies? Yet not one of them is forgotten by God. 7Indeed, the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Don’t be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows.

So then those who are God fearing are more likely suited to receive the gospel message of salvation then those who aren't.

"Brethren, sons of Abraham's family, and those among you who fear God, TO US the word of this salvation is sent out.

There is a correlation made in regard to those who "fear God" and the message of salvation sent out.
Cornelius was noted as God fearing.

Since, then, we know what it is to fear the Lord, we try to persuade others. What we are is plain to God, and I hope it is also plain to your conscience.

Its even commanded in REV

He said in a loud voice, “Fear God and give him glory, because the hour of his judgment has come. Worship him who made the heavens, the earth, the sea and the springs of water.”

“I tell you, my friends, do not be afraid of those who kill the body and after that can do no more. 5But I will show you whom you should fear: Fear him who, after your body has been killed, has authority to throw you into hell. Yes, I tell you, fear him. 6Are not five sparrows sold for two pennies? Yet not one of them is forgotten by God. 7Indeed, the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Don’t be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows.

So then those who are God fearing are more likely suited to receive the gospel message of salvation then those who aren't.
If fear is "your thing" then by all means indulge yourself. But be aware that you are missing out on the greatest blessing ever given to people.

"So we have known and believe the love that God has for us. God is love, and those who abide in love abide in God, and God abides in them." 1 John 4:16

"There is no fear in love, but perfect love casts out fear; for fear has to do with punishment, and whoever fears has not reached perfection in love." 1 John 4:18

"But, as it is written, “What no eye has seen, nor ear heard, nor the human heart conceived, what God has prepared for those who love him1 Corinthians 2:9

"See what love the Father has given us, that we should be called children of God, and that is what we are." 1 John 3:1

"Beloved, let us love one another, because love is from God; everyone who loves is born of God and knows God. Whoever does not love does not know God, for God is love." 1 John 4:7-8

"In this is love, not that we loved God but that he loved us and sent his Son to be the atoning sacrifice for our sins." 1 John 4:10

Clearly, love and fear are opposed to each other. Why not accept God's love?

If fear is "your thing" then by all means indulge yourself. But be aware that you are missing out on the greatest blessing ever given to people.

"So we have known and believe the love that God has for us. God is love, and those who abide in love abide in God, and God abides in them." 1 John 4:16

"There is no fear in love, but perfect love casts out fear; for fear has to do with punishment, and whoever fears has not reached perfection in love." 1 John 4:18

"But, as it is written, “What no eye has seen, nor ear heard, nor the human heart conceived, what God has prepared for those who love him1 Corinthians 2:9

"See what love the Father has given us, that we should be called children of God, and that is what we are." 1 John 3:1

"Beloved, let us love one another, because love is from God; everyone who loves is born of God and knows God. Whoever does not love does not know God, for God is love." 1 John 4:7-8

"In this is love, not that we loved God but that he loved us and sent his Son to be the atoning sacrifice for our sins." 1 John 4:10

Clearly, love and fear are opposed to each other. Why not accept God's love?
Yet God delights in those who fear Him. Its not my thing other than pointing out the correlation of those who fear God in regard to accepting Christ and obedience. Nothing is hidden from God.

Such things were noted in parables.
In a certain town there was a judge who neither feared God nor cared what people thought. 3And there was a widow in that town who kept coming to him with the plea, ‘Grant me justice against my adversary.’

4“For some time he refused. But finally he said to himself, ‘Even though I don’t fear God or care what people think, 5yet because this widow keeps bothering me, I will see that she gets justice, so that she won’t eventually come and attack me!’ ”

6And the Lord said, “Listen to what the unjust judge says. 7And will not God bring about justice for his chosen ones, who cry out to him day and night? Will he keep putting them off? 8I tell you, he will see that they get justice, and quickly. However, when the Son of Man comes, will he find faith on the earth?”

Its a strong theme in scripture.
There was a man in the land of Uz whose name was Job; and that man was blameless, upright, fearing God and turning away from evil.

The fear of the LORD is to hate evil;

Now Joseph said to them on the third day, “Do this and live, for I fear God:
Fear the Lord, you his holy people, for those who fear him lack nothing.

Paul stood up, motioned with his hand, and began to speak: “Men of Israel and you Gentiles who fear God, listen to me!

Its a strong theme in scripture.
There was a man in the land of Uz whose name was Job; and that man was blameless, upright, fearing God and turning away from evil.

The fear of the LORD is to hate evil;

Now Joseph said to them on the third day, “Do this and live, for I fear God:
Fear the Lord, you his holy people, for those who fear him lack nothing.

Paul stood up, motioned with his hand, and began to speak: “Men of Israel and you Gentiles who fear God, listen to me!
If you're into fear, then I have nothing more to say. Personally, I choose to remain in God's love. I do not fear Him.

If you're into fear, then I have nothing more to say. Personally, I choose to remain in God's love. I do not fear Him.
I think you are missing the point but considering the replies your remaining silent is refreshing to me.
Thanks

I think you are missing the point but considering the replies your remaining silent is refreshing to me.
Thanks
No, you are missing the point entirely.

1 John 1:8 explains the point clearly: "Whoever does not love does not know God, for God is love." It doesn't say that God is fear!

1 Corinthians 2:9, "But, as it is written, “What no eye has seen, nor ear heard, nor the human heart conceived, what God has prepared for those who love him”. Notice that it says "those who love him", not those who fear him.

1 Corinthians 8:2-3, "Anyone who claims to know something does not yet have the necessary knowledge, but anyone who loves God is known by him." Notice that it says "anyone who loves God", not "anyone who fears God"

1 John 3:1, "See what love the Father has given us, that we should be called children of God, and that is what we are."

1 John 4:7-8, "Whoever does not love does not know God, for God is love. Whoever does not love does not know God, for God is love." It doesn't say "God is fear".

1 John 4:12, "No one has ever seen God; if we love one another, God abides in us, and his love is perfected in us." It doesn't say "God is fear".

1 John 4:16, "So we have known and believe the love that God has for us. God is love, and those who abide in love abide in God, and God abides in them." Notice the complete absence of the word or concept of fear!!!

And from Sirach 51:12 comes this beautiful writing...

Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good, for his steadfast love endures forever. Give thanks to the God of praises, for his steadfast love endures forever. Give thanks to the guardian of Israel, for his steadfast love endures forever. Give thanks to him who formed all things, for his steadfast love endures forever. Give thanks to the redeemer of Israel, for his steadfast love endures forever. Give thanks to him who gathers the dispersed of Israel, for his steadfast love endures forever. Give thanks to him who rebuilt his city and his sanctuary, for his steadfast love endures forever. Give thanks to him who makes a horn to sprout for the house of David, for his steadfast love endures forever. Give thanks to him who has chosen the sons of Zadok to be priests, for his steadfast love endures forever. Give thanks to the shield of Abraham, for his steadfast love endures forever. Give thanks to the rock of Isaac, for his steadfast love endures forever. Give thanks to the mighty one of Jacob, for his steadfast love endures forever. Give thanks to him who has chosen Zion, for his steadfast love endures forever. Give thanks to the King of the kings of kings, for his steadfast love endures forever. He has raised up a horn for his people, praise for all his loyal ones. For the children of Israel, the people close to him. Praise the Lord!"

Give up your irrational fear of God!!!

No, you are missing the point entirely.

1 John 1:8 explains the point clearly: "Whoever does not love does not know God, for God is love." It doesn't say that God is fear!

1 Corinthians 2:9, "But, as it is written, “What no eye has seen, nor ear heard, nor the human heart conceived, what God has prepared for those who love him”. Notice that it says "those who love him", not those who fear him.

1 Corinthians 8:2-3, "Anyone who claims to know something does not yet have the necessary knowledge, but anyone who loves God is known by him." Notice that it says "anyone who loves God", not "anyone who fears God"

1 John 3:1, "See what love the Father has given us, that we should be called children of God, and that is what we are."

1 John 4:7-8, "Whoever does not love does not know God, for God is love. Whoever does not love does not know God, for God is love." It doesn't say "God is fear".

1 John 4:12, "No one has ever seen God; if we love one another, God abides in us, and his love is perfected in us." It doesn't say "God is fear".

1 John 4:16, "So we have known and believe the love that God has for us. God is love, and those who abide in love abide in God, and God abides in them." Notice the complete absence of the word or concept of fear!!!

And from Sirach 51:12 comes this beautiful writing...

Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good, for his steadfast love endures forever. Give thanks to the God of praises, for his steadfast love endures forever. Give thanks to the guardian of Israel, for his steadfast love endures forever. Give thanks to him who formed all things, for his steadfast love endures forever. Give thanks to the redeemer of Israel, for his steadfast love endures forever. Give thanks to him who gathers the dispersed of Israel, for his steadfast love endures forever. Give thanks to him who rebuilt his city and his sanctuary, for his steadfast love endures forever. Give thanks to him who makes a horn to sprout for the house of David, for his steadfast love endures forever. Give thanks to him who has chosen the sons of Zadok to be priests, for his steadfast love endures forever. Give thanks to the shield of Abraham, for his steadfast love endures forever. Give thanks to the rock of Isaac, for his steadfast love endures forever. Give thanks to the mighty one of Jacob, for his steadfast love endures forever. Give thanks to him who has chosen Zion, for his steadfast love endures forever. Give thanks to the King of the kings of kings, for his steadfast love endures forever. He has raised up a horn for his people, praise for all his loyal ones. For the children of Israel, the people close to him. Praise the Lord!"

Give up your irrational fear of God!!!
I don't live in fear but I do fear God. I have believed in and loved Jesus as far back as my memory goes. I have asked for and received the gift of God. "Christ in us" I have that witness. But I fear God. I keep my conscience clear before God. I am comfortable in my salvation. Jesus has shown Himself and His love for me via the Spirit .
"fear God"
Such is instructions found in the OT, written by Peter, and called out by the host of heaven in the book of Revelation as witnesses by John.
Do you have a problem with their "words"?

I'm noting the correlation between God fearers and Gods grace upon them in regard to accepting the words of Christ. As in "believing" the gospel message. But the bible is clear "fear God". Its been stated "God" delights in those that fear Him" and "Those that fear God hate wickedness"

I don't live in fear but I do fear God. I have believed in and loved Jesus as far back as my memory goes. I have asked for and received the gift of God. "Christ in us" I have that witness. But I fear God. I keep my conscience clear before God. I am comfortable in my salvation. Jesus has shown Himself and His love for me via the Spirit .
"fear God"
Such is instructions found in the OT, written by Peter, and called out by the host of heaven in the book of Revelation as witnesses by John.
Do you have a problem with their "words"?

I'm noting the correlation between God fearers and Gods grace upon them in regard to accepting the words of Christ. As in "believing" the gospel message. But the bible is clear "fear God". Its been stated "God" delights in those that fear Him" and "Those that fear God hate wickedness"
Okay. Go ahead and live in fear of our loving, heavenly Father who adopted us as His children. It's your choice. Personally, I rest in the love of my heavenly Father.

Colossians 3:2-3, "Set your minds on the things that are above, not on the things that are on earth, for you have died, and your life is hidden with Christ in God." Now ponder this: if our lives are hidden with Christ in God, do you think Jesus fears His Father?

Okay. Go ahead and live in fear of our loving, heavenly Father who adopted us as His children. It's your choice. Personally, I rest in the love of my heavenly Father.

Colossians 3:2-3, "Set your minds on the things that are above, not on the things that are on earth, for you have died, and your life is hidden with Christ in God." Now ponder this: if our lives are hidden with Christ in God, do you think Jesus fears His Father?
I fear God. I don't live in fear. I know Jesus and He knows me.

Fear of God is fear of God. What does "I fear God as to not sin" mean?
Exactly what it states.
I care what Jesus thinks. I stay in His will as He has my life in His hands.
I find it odd you have no fear of God. Since I remain in Christ by obeying His commands I have no fear of Judgment.

Exactly what it states.
I care what Jesus thinks. I stay in His will as He has my life in His hands.
I find it odd you have no fear of God. Since I remain in Christ by obeying His commands I have no fear of Judgment.
I find it very odd that you fear God. And I don't believe you when you write that you have no fear of judgement. If you don't have that fear, what fear do you have?

I find it very odd that you fear God. And I don't believe you when you write that you have no fear of judgement. If you don't have that fear, what fear do you have?

Fear the Lord your God, serve him only and take your oaths in his name.

Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength.

I have no fear of judgment "because" I am in Christ.

I don't care if you don't believe me. I don't "fear" you.

Fear the Lord your God, serve him only and take your oaths in his name.

Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength.

I have no fear of judgment "because" I am in Christ.

I don't care if you don't believe me. I don't "fear" you.
I don't care if you fear me or not; that is entirely irrelevant. If you want to fear your loving Father, go ahead. IMHO it's ridiculous!

How can you love God and fear him simultaneously (unless you're really neurotic)?

I don't care if you fear me or not; that is entirely irrelevant. If you want to fear your loving Father, go ahead. IMHO it's ridiculous!

How can you love God and fear him simultaneously (unless you're really neurotic)?
What is to you?
My answer remains as stated.

Back