Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

How to defend the trinity!

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Yes, He is All that the Father is and is declared the image of the invisible God.

But God the Father is His God and Father.
How is this So?
That is for you to figure out. When you do you will have gained understanding of the Trinity.

That is for you to figure out. When you do you will have gained understanding of the Trinity.
If you understand the trinity as you suggest with your witty replies, please share your answer as you presume to know but sidetrack the question with nothing that supports "your" truth. Scripture please don't you listen. Ha Ha

Jesus only talked about his father God while he was in the image of man.
I'm ok with that and I think you are in a good spot to be but the exalted Jesus calls the one on the throne His God and His Father. Also since one believes Jesus was also fully God and God in the flesh what the Son of Man declared is truth not because He was the Son of Man.
Peace

Read John 1:1. "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. "
It tells you right in the first verse of John 1:1 that in the beginning the Word was with God. It tells us this a second time in verse two of John chapter 1. So this scripture is saying the Word who is the only begotten son of God was with God in the beginning.
Everything that the apostle John was inspired to write down was so that people would believe that Jesus is the Christ the Son of the living God. (John 20:30, 31) So what John was inspired to write down at John 1:1 was also to teach people to believe that Jesus is the Christ the son of the living God. That's what people have no faith in, that God has an only begotten Son that he sent to the World of mankind, to die for the World of mankind, so that whoever exercises faith in this loving act by YHWH God and his only begotten Son will get everlasting life. People must believe this, exercise faith in this loving act by YHWH God and his only begotten Son to get everlasting life however.

If you understand the trinity as you suggest with your witty replies, please share your answer as you presume to know but sidetrack the question with nothing that supports "your" truth. Scripture please don't you listen. Ha Ha
Are you okay? a) I have already posted about the trinity. b) My truth is straight from the Bible. c) "Ha Ha" is immature nonsense.

Any more of this nonsense and I will put you on "ignore".

It tells you right in the first verse of John 1:1 that in the beginning the Word was with God. It tells us this a second time in verse two of John chapter 1. So this scripture is saying the Word who is the only begotten son of God was with God in the beginning.
Everything that the apostle John was inspired to write down was so that people would believe that Jesus is the Christ the Son of the living God. (John 20:30, 31) So what John was inspired to write down at John 1:1 was also to teach people to believe that Jesus is the Christ the son of the living God. That's what people have no faith in, that God has an only begotten Son that he sent to the World of mankind, to die for the World of mankind, so that whoever exercises faith in this loving act by YHWH God and his only begotten Son will get everlasting life. People must believe this, exercise faith in this loving act by YHWH God and his only begotten Son to get everlasting life however.
"The Word was God" means exactly that. Also, John 10:30 says, "The Father and I are one". These two statements are unequivocal in their meaning.

I'm ok with that and I think you are in a good spot to be but the exalted Jesus calls the one on the throne His God and His Father. Also since one believes Jesus was also fully God and God in the flesh what the Son of Man declared is truth not because He was the Son of Man.
Peace
It may be the glorified flesh of Jesus that ascended into heaven who stands on the right-hand of the Word, in which case they are One flesh and spirit united.

Last edited:
I disagree the Holy Spirit is a person who has authority over me. I believe the Holy Spirit is YHWH God's Holy Spirit. I agree we should pray to YHWH God for his Holy Spirit.That we should pray to YHWH God to be guided by his Holy Spirit. I agree we should pray to YHWH God to help us to rely on his Holy Spirit.
I did not suggest that the Holy Spirit is a person . The Holy Spirit is YHWH God's Holy Spirit a SPIRIT . Now we have cleared that up back to the question .

Does the Holy Spirit of God YHWH have authority over you ?

It may be the glorified flesh of Jesus that ascended into heaven who stands on the right-hand of the Word, in which case they are One flesh and spirit united.
Hebrews 13:8
New International Version
8 Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever.

Revelation 1:6
New International Version
6 and has made us to be a kingdom and priests to serve his God and Father—to him be glory and power for ever and ever! Amen.

He is all in all The Great I Am.
All the more to confound the wise ones of His day & ours.

Isa 9:6
For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

Both Baby Child, Son & Mighty God, & Eternal Father

I did not suggest that the Holy Spirit is a person . The Holy Spirit is YHWH God's Holy Spirit a SPIRIT . Now we have cleared that up back to the question .

Does the Holy Spirit of God YHWH have authority over you ?
The trinity states 3 coequal, coeternal persons sharing the same essence.

If the Spirit is not a person, (I agree), then the Spirit would speak what He hears from the will of the mind of that person not on His own. The person gives the command not the Spirit who conveys such a command. (God and Jesus are on the Fathers throne) All that belongs to the Father also belongs to Jesus. They will and the Spirit acts

However, the Fathers Spirit would have the Fathers nature.
The Spirit of God.
Everyone who sins against the Holy Spirit cannot and will not be forgiven. But everyone who sins against Jesus can be forgiven.

"The Word was God" means exactly that. Also, John 10:30 says, "The Father and I are one". These two statements are unequivocal in their meaning.
Why do you overlook how Jesus stated they are one?
John 17
“My prayer is not for them alone. I pray also for those who will believe in me through their message, 21that all of them may be one, Father, just as you are in me and I am in you. May they also be in us so that the world may believe that you have sent me. 22I have given them the glory that you gave me, that they may be one as we are one— 23I in them and you in me—so that they may be brought to complete unity. Then the world will know that you sent me and have loved them even as you have loved me.

John 14
Don’t you believe that I am in the Father, and that the Father is in me? The words I say to you I do not speak on my own authority. Rather, it is the Father, living in me, who is doing his work.

There's over 500 replies to this thread already. Has anyone moved 1 inch from the original poistion?
Are we not just repeating over and over again?

I am not offended by the Trinity or Coopers beliefs. I think if you are one to believe Jesus is God that's a good place to be and you are one who believes in Him.

He is called God and declared the image of the invisible God even stating all the fullness of the Deity lives in Him with Him being the radiance of Gods glory and the exact representation of Gods being and that all things were created in Him, by Him, through Him and even for Him. So it's more than just being called God and is in the testimony given.

Why do you overlook how Jesus stated they are one?
John 17
“My prayer is not for them alone. I pray also for those who will believe in me through their message, 21that all of them may be one, Father, just as you are in me and I am in you. May they also be in us so that the world may believe that you have sent me. 22I have given them the glory that you gave me, that they may be one as we are one— 23I in them and you in me—so that they may be brought to complete unity. Then the world will know that you sent me and have loved them even as you have loved me.

John 14
Don’t you believe that I am in the Father, and that the Father is in me? The words I say to you I do not speak on my own authority. Rather, it is the Father, living in me, who is doing his work.
I didn't overlook anything. I wrote ""The Word was God" means exactly that. Also, John 10:30 says, "The Father and I are one". These two statements are unequivocal in their meaning.

Are you unable to read this?

There's over 500 replies to this thread already. Has anyone moved 1 inch from the original poistion?
Are we not just repeating over and over again?

I am not offended by the Trinity or Coopers beliefs. I think if you are one to believe Jesus is God that's a good place to be and you are one who believes in Him.

He is called God and declared the image of the invisible God even stating all the fullness of the Deity lives in Him with Him being the radiance of Gods glory and the exact representation of Gods being and that all things were created in Him, by Him, through Him and even for Him. So it's more than just being called God and is in the testimony given.
Are you not just repeating over and over again?

I didn't overlook anything. I wrote ""The Word was God" means exactly that. Also, John 10:30 says, "The Father and I are one". These two statements are unequivocal in their meaning.

Are you unable to read this?
The Deity living in Jesus is then the Father? You agree

Also do you agree then that when Jesus states God He is referring to His Father?

Back