Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

How to defend the trinity!

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
I think its already been shown that God the Father, from whom all things came, created through His Son. through whom all things came. I just addressed the use of firstborn as the same in regard to the resurrection of the dead and the creation in the same passage of scripture but you can't even see the Son isn't the Father so how can you accept things about the Son who was? I know who my Lord is from Him and scripture. We can move on in disagreement.
I don't think people even understand that it was Jesus, the I AM who led the Israelites out of Egyptian bondage.

Yes, Jesus, also known as the Word, goes back to the beginning of time, so factor it into your thinking.

I don't think people even understand that it was Jesus, the I AM who led the Israelites out of Egyptian bondage.

Yes, Jesus, also known as the Word, goes back to the beginning of time, so factor it into your thinking.
YHWH is the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. Remember, the Word was with God for all eternity past. Who is this God that the Word was with?

Perhaps its you who factor in your thinking regarding the Father, (unbegotten) vs His Son (only begotten Son from the Father) before all worlds.

In the past God spoke to our ancestors through the prophets at many times and in various ways, 2 but in these last days he has spoken to us by his Son, whom he appointed heir of all things, and through whom also he made the universe. 3 The Son is the radiance of God’s glory and the exact representation of his being, sustaining all things by his powerful word. After he had provided purification for sins, he sat down at the right hand of the Majesty in heaven. 4 So he became as much superior to the angels as the name he has inherited is superior to theirs.

Light is beginning to dawn.
For you? What do you mean?

Please do not associate Jesus, whom the Jews crucified, with this character.

This character!? Do you not realize that every instance of "LORD" in the OT is the Hebrew tetragrammaton--YHWH? That is God's name, used 6,599 times in the OT, and you think it's just some character? Or do you not realize that Yahweh is based on YHWH?

Last edited:
Perhaps its you who factor in your thinking regarding the Father, (unbegotten) vs His Son (only begotten Son from the Father) before all worlds.

In the past God spoke to our ancestors through the prophets at many times and in various ways, 2 but in these last days he has spoken to us by his Son, whom he appointed heir of all things, and through whom also he made the universe. 3 The Son is the radiance of God’s glory and the exact representation of his being, sustaining all things by his powerful word. After he had provided purification for sins, he sat down at the right hand of the Majesty in heaven. 4 So he became as much superior to the angels as the name he has inherited is superior to theirs.
The author was writing about Jesus.

Striking Facts: Heb_1:3. The person of the Son was the true image and character of the Person of the Father. He is not said to be the “likeness” of God (implying resemblance) but “image,” which means that He reveals God. In beholding His power, wisdom and goodness, men were beholding the Father, for He was God manifest in the flesh, having all the perfections of God in Him.

Source: Summarised Bible.

For you? What do you mean?

This character!? Do you not realize that every instance of "LORD" in the OT is the Hebrew tetragrammaton--YHWH? That is God's name, used 6,599 times in the OT, and you think it's just some character? Or do you not realize that Yahweh is based on YHWH?
No. The I AM led the Israelites out of Egypt, and it was not long before Moses married the daughter of a Canaanite priest, and forsaking the I AM he turned to his stepfather's god. The Canaanites were descended from Cain, who murdered Able his brother. They were evil people and massacred thousands of the inhabitants.

As we can see from the teachings of Jesus, their Father was not the Father of Jesus. They denied the I AM then, and they still do today.

Last edited:
No. The I AM led the Israelites out of Egypt, and it was not long before Moses married the daughter of a Canaanite priest, and forsaking the I AM he turned to his stepfather's god. The Canaanites were descended from Cain, who murdered Able his brother. They were evil people and massacred thousands of the inhabitants.

As we can see from the teachings of Jesus, their Father was not the Father of Jesus. They denied the I AM then, and they still do today.
What are you saying no to? YHWH is God's name, used 6,599 times in the OT. Do you deny that?

One mistake in translation in both Gen 1:1 and John 1:1 is the addition of "the" to beginning. Both verses should be said "In beginning, God ..." and "In beginning, the word ..."

It makes a difference.
I disagree that translating Genesis 1:1 and John 1:1 as, "in the beginning" is a mistake.

The Jews worshipped YHWH. Correct.

Who do you worship?
I worship YHWH. All Christians do. The NT reveals more about YHWH, namely, that he is the triune Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. Jews have an incomplete picture of God, although the OT does ascribe plurality to him (Gen. 1:26-27, for instance).

One mistake in translation in both Gen 1:1 and John 1:1 is the addition of "the" to beginning. Both verses should be said "In beginning, God ..." and "In beginning, the word ..."

It makes a difference.
What's the difference?

I worship YHWH. All Christians do. The NT reveals more about YHWH, namely, that he is the triune Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. Jews have an incomplete picture of God, although the OT does ascribe plurality to him (Gen. 1:26-27, for instance).
People around the world worship their G/god, and many call themselves Christians, but not many worship THE Christ. A great chasm separates the two. It can be seen on the forums regardless of the label they wear, and to have someone of one faith standing in judgement over another is the cause of disharmony. Jesus was correct in John 8:44, when he spoke to those who worshipped YHWH. To say "All Christians worship YHWH is deceitful." JW's and Seven Day Adventists, along with other cults, do that while calling themselves Christians. I worship the I AM, the creator and the Saviour of the world, not the god of those who crucified Jesus. We need someone who resembles the disciples to moderate, not someone who worships YHWH. They are the ones who crucified Jesus, and it shows in the way they reject him on the forums when discussing the Triune God for example. Thank you.

Last edited:
People around the world worship their G/god, and many call themselves Christians, but not many worship THE Christ. A great chasm separates the two. It can be seen on the forums regardless of the label they wear, and to have someone of one faith standing in judgement over another is the cause of disharmony. Jesus was correct in John 8:44, when he spoke to those who worshipped YHWH. To say "All Christians worship YHWH is deceitful." JW's and Seven Day Adventists, along with other cults, do that. I worship the I AM, the creator and the Saviour of the world, not the god of those who crucified Jesus. We need someone who resembles the disciples to moderate those who follow Jesus. Thank you.
Cooper,
Who do you understand Yaweh to be?
Who is the real Christ?

I'm sorry I'm not following this thread but I think you and Free are not understanding each other.

Besides that, you might have slightly differing understanding but if the debate goes on it'll degenerate into an argument.

PS
I did read your post no. 547

Cooper,
Who do you understand Yaweh to be?
Who is the real Christ?

I'm sorry I'm not following this thread but I think you and Free are not understanding each other.

Besides that, you might have slightly differing understanding but if the debate goes on it'll degenerate into an argument.

PS
I did read your post no. 547
Yahweh, the God of the Jews.

"Yahweh was an ancient Levantine deity that emerged as a "divine warrior" associated first with Seir, Edom, Paran and Teman, and later with Canaan, as the national god of ancient Israelites and Judahites." Wikipedia

Yahweh, the God of the Jews.

"Yahweh was an ancient Levantine deity that emerged as a "divine warrior" associated first with Seir, Edom, Paran and Teman, and later with Canaan, as the national god of ancient Israelites and Judahites." Wikipedia

Cooper,
You can't learn theology from Wikipedia.

Wiki should only be useful to make a point that a person already knows is theologically correct.

Is Yahweh a different God than Elohim or The LORD, or Jehovah ?
Names are confusing. Millions are called by my name as they are by yours, but all are different. We recognise people better by what they say, what they do, and how they live their lives. The differences between the God of the Old Testament and the God of the New Testament are startling. One killed millions, while the God of the New Testament taught peace.

Job heard of God with the hearing of the ear. Job’s friends gave their religious thoughts about God to Job. The only problem is the friends were wrong. Job gave the right words. Job missed the lessons about the created God. At the end of the book he had an understanding of the Father (that he could see in creation). The disciples could see the seed as the Word of God.

The great commission says:
Baptize into the Father - names that describe the Father.

Baptize into the Son - names that describe the Son. (Jesus, The Christ).

Baptize into the Holy Spirit - knowing that is the very God of creations Spirit that is working the work.

Immersion into knowledge of
The Father - Repentance
The Son - Salvation (the name Jesus)
The Holy Spirit - Empowerment to be a witness.

In changing languages the words may change, but not the person being described, unless the person may be expanding/changing.

Abram became Abraham. The Father of many Nations. When Abraham received the promise his name changed to reflect that change.

Defending the Trinity is defending the Names. All things I have commanded you : The Father
The Son
The Holy Spirit (not just any spirit but Holy is the name)

Immersion into knowledge of all God is.

Matthew 28:19

Immerse people into all

Mississippi redneck
eddif

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back