Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Depending upon the Holy Spirit for all you do?

Read through the following study by Tenchi for more on this topic

https://christianforums.net/threads/without-the-holy-spirit-we-can-do-nothing.109419/

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

https://christianforums.net/forums/questions-and-answers/

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

How to defend the trinity!

Names are confusing. Millions are called by my name as they are by yours, but all are different. We recognise people better by what they say, what they do, and how they live their lives. The differences between the God of the Old Testament and the God of the New Testament are startling. One killed millions, while the God of the New Testament taught peace.
Ah.
So you're trying to reconcile the two.
Maybe I'll read through and add my :twocents

Ah.
So you're trying to reconcile the two.
Maybe I'll read through and add my :twocents
Jesus, the disciples, and the apostle Paul did much to reconcile Jews and Gentiles, but those who sacrificed to Yahweh remained unrepentant and are still severed from the vine. There are many Christians, in name only, perhaps some here, who still hold Jewish beliefs that differ from the New Testament scriptures. For example, a Christian will say Jesus is God, while a Jew will say Yahweh is God. Yahweh is the God of one nation, while Jesus is the God of all people.

Last edited:
Jesus, the disciples, and the apostle Paul did much to reconcile Jews and Gentiles, but those who sacrificed to Yahweh remained unrepentant and are still severed from the vine. There are many Christians, in name only, perhaps some here, who still hold Jewish beliefs that differ from the New Testament scriptures. For example, a Christian will say Jesus is God, while a Jew will say Yahweh is God. Yahweh is the God of one nation, while Jesus is the God of all people.
I understand what you mean.

OK.
So explain, I think you didn't reply....
Are Yaweh
Elohim
El Shaddai
Jehovah

All the same god?
The answer is just a simple yes or no.
Sorry if you already answered,,,can't work this phone so well.

People around the world worship their G/god, and many call themselves Christians, but not many worship THE Christ. A great chasm separates the two. It can be seen on the forums regardless of the label they wear, and to have someone of one faith standing in judgement over another is the cause of disharmony. Jesus was correct in John 8:44, when he spoke to those who worshipped YHWH.
The point Jesus was making was that although they claimed to "have one Father--even God," which would be Yahweh, their father was actually the devil, since they were seeking to kill him.

To say "All Christians worship YHWH is deceitful." JW's and Seven Day Adventists, along with other cults, do that while calling themselves Christians.
That is why I said "All Christians," not those who are Christian in name only. All Christians worship YHWH.

I worship the I AM, the creator and the Saviour of the world, not the god of those who crucified Jesus.
The I AM is YHWH. How is it that you do not seem to know something so basic?

Exo 3:14 God said to Moses, “I AM WHO I AM.” And he said, “Say this to the people of Israel: ‘I AM has sent me to you.’”
Exo 3:15 God also said to Moses, “Say this to the people of Israel: ‘The LORD, the God of your fathers, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob, has sent me to you.’ This is my name forever, and thus I am to be remembered throughout all generations.
Exo 3:16 Go and gather the elders of Israel together and say to them, ‘The LORD, the God of your fathers, the God of Abraham, of Isaac, and of Jacob, has appeared to me, saying, “I have observed you and what has been done to you in Egypt, (ESV)

Again, "LORD" is the English word used for every instance of YHWH. First God says he is I AM and then immediately says twice that he is YHWH, even saying that that is his "name forever." You cannot say your worship I AM and not worship Yahweh, since they are very much one and the same.

We need someone who resembles the disciples to moderate, not someone who worships YHWH. They are the ones who crucified Jesus, and it shows in the way they reject him on the forums when discussing the Triune God for example. Thank you.
Rom 10:9 because, if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.
Rom 10:10 For with the heart one believes and is justified, and with the mouth one confesses and is saved.
Rom 10:11 For the Scripture says, “Everyone who believes in him will not be put to shame.”
Rom 10:12 For there is no distinction between Jew and Greek; for the same Lord is Lord of all, bestowing his riches on all who call on him.
Rom 10:13 For “everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.” (ESV)

Notice that Paul is equating confessing "Jesus is Lord" with "everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved." The "Fors" make that connection right back to verse 9. And verse 13 is a quote from Joel 2:32:

Joe 2:32 And it shall come to pass that everyone who calls on the name of the LORD shall be saved. For in Mount Zion and in Jerusalem there shall be those who escape, as the LORD has said, and among the survivors shall be those whom the LORD calls. (ESV)

"LORD" is YHWH, as it always is in English translations.

The God of the OT is the same God of the NT, that is rather the whole point. The NT is a continuation of the same story, otherwise none of it would make sense. It isn't one God for the Jews and another for Christians. We have one and the same God, it's just that Christians have a much clearer revelation of who God is. This is Christianity 101. I resemble the disciples' belief in God more than you it would seem. So, before making such statements about someone, make sure you know what you are talking about.

Last edited:
I don't think people even understand that it was Jesus, the I AM who led the Israelites out of Egyptian bondage.

Yes, Jesus, also known as the Word, goes back to the beginning of time, so factor it into your thinking.
I should have also included these verses:

Exo 3:17 and I promise that I will bring you up out of the affliction of Egypt to the land of the Canaanites, the Hittites, the Amorites, the Perizzites, the Hivites, and the Jebusites, a land flowing with milk and honey.”’
Exo 3:18 And they will listen to your voice, and you and the elders of Israel shall go to the king of Egypt and say to him, ‘The LORD, the God of the Hebrews, has met with us; and now, please let us go a three days' journey into the wilderness, that we may sacrifice to the LORD our God.’ (ESV)

So, God, the one who created everything (Gen 1:1) says first the he is I AM (Exo 3:14) and then says he is YHWH (Exo 3:15-16), that that is his name (both are). He says that it is he who "will bring you up out of the affliction of Egypt." He then tells Moses again that he is 'YHWH, the God of the Hebrews" and that they are to go and "sacrifice to YHWH our God."

I am a Christian, and I do not worship YHWH. Iworship the creator whose name on earth is Jesus.
If God's name isn't YHWH and that is a false God of the Israelites, then we have to literally throw out almost the entire OT. If you don't worship YHWH, you don't worship the God of the Bible.

ACCORDING TO SCRIPTURE, THE TRUE GOD AND THE FALSE GOD COMPARED
The God of the Jews:
Exo_10:25 Moses said, “You must let us have sacrifices and burnt offerings to offer to the LORD our God.”

Eze_46:4 And the burnt offering that the prince shall offer unto the LORD in the sabbath day shall be six lambs without blemish, and a ram without blemish.

Ezekiel 20:40 For in my holy mountain, in the mountain of the height of Israel, says the Lord Yahweh, there shall all the house of Israel, all of them, serve me in the land: there will I accept them, and there will I require your offerings, and the first fruits of your offerings, with all your holy things.

Ezekiel 44:15 But the priests, the Levites, the sons of Zadok, who performed the duty of my sanctuary when the children of Israel went astray from me, they shall come near to me to minister to me; and they shall stand before me to offer to me the fat and the blood, says the Lord Yahweh:

Isa_34:6 The sword of the LORD is filled with blood, it is made fat with fatness, and with the blood of lambs and goats, with the fat of the kidneys of rams: for the LORD hath a sacrifice in Bozrah, and a great slaughter in the land of Idumea.

Jeremiah 7:21 Thus says Yahweh of Armies, the God of Israel: Add your burnt offerings to your sacrifices, and eat meat.

The true God
1 Samuel 15:22 So Samuel said: “Has the LORD as great delight in burnt offerings and sacrifices, As in obeying the voice of the LORD? Behold, to obey is better than sacrifice, and to heed, is than the fat of rams.”

Deu 12:31 Thou shalt not do so unto the LORD thy God: for every abomination to the LORD, which he hateth, have they done unto their gods; for even their sons and their daughters they have burnt in the fire to their gods.

Psa 40:6 Sacrifice and offering You did not desire; My ears You have opened. Burnt offering and sin offering you did not require.

Bring no more vain offerings; incense is an abomination to me. New moon and Sabbath and the calling of convocations—I cannot endure iniquity and solemn assembly. (Isaiah 1:13)

Isaiah 1:11 NKJV "To what purpose is the multitude of your sacrifices to Me?" Says the LORD. "I have had enough of burnt offerings of rams and the fat of fed cattle. I do not delight in the blood of bulls, or of lambs or goats.

The true God requires that we make a sacrifice of our heart.

Last edited:
ACCORDING TO SCRIPTURE, THE TRUE GOD AND THE FALSE GOD COMPARED
The God of the Jews:
Exo_10:25 Moses said, “You must let us have sacrifices and burnt offerings to offer to the LORD our God.”

Eze_46:4 And the burnt offering that the prince shall offer unto the LORD in the sabbath day shall be six lambs without blemish, and a ram without blemish.

Ezekiel 20:40 For in my holy mountain, in the mountain of the height of Israel, says the Lord Yahweh, there shall all the house of Israel, all of them, serve me in the land: there will I accept them, and there will I require your offerings, and the first fruits of your offerings, with all your holy things.

Ezekiel 44:15 But the priests, the Levites, the sons of Zadok, who performed the duty of my sanctuary when the children of Israel went astray from me, they shall come near to me to minister to me; and they shall stand before me to offer to me the fat and the blood, says the Lord Yahweh:

Isa_34:6 The sword of the LORD is filled with blood, it is made fat with fatness, and with the blood of lambs and goats, with the fat of the kidneys of rams: for the LORD hath a sacrifice in Bozrah, and a great slaughter in the land of Idumea.

Jeremiah 7:21 Thus says Yahweh of Armies, the God of Israel: Add your burnt offerings to your sacrifices, and eat meat.

The true God
1 Samuel 15:22 So Samuel said: “Has the LORD as great delight in burnt offerings and sacrifices, As in obeying the voice of the LORD? Behold, to obey is better than sacrifice, and to heed, is than the fat of rams.”

Deu 12:31 Thou shalt not do so unto the LORD thy God: for every abomination to the LORD, which he hateth, have they done unto their gods; for even their sons and their daughters they have burnt in the fire to their gods.

Psa 40:6 Sacrifice and offering You did not desire; My ears You have opened. Burnt offering and sin offering you did not require.

Bring no more vain offerings; incense is an abomination to me. New moon and Sabbath and the calling of convocations—I cannot endure iniquity and solemn assembly. (Isaiah 1:13)

Isaiah 1:11 NKJV "To what purpose is the multitude of your sacrifices to Me?" Says the LORD. "I have had enough of burnt offerings of rams and the fat of fed cattle. I do not delight in the blood of bulls, or of lambs or goats.

The true God requires that we make a sacrifice of our heart.
Every single verse you posted is speaking of the same God, the one true God. The true God is the God of the Israelites, YHWH ("LORD") who commanded that they make sacrifices:

Lev 1:1 The LORD called Moses and spoke to him from the tent of meeting, saying,
Lev 1:2 “Speak to the people of Israel and say to them, When any one of you brings an offering to the LORD, you shall bring your offering of livestock from the herd or from the flock.
Lev 1:3 “If his offering is a burnt offering from the herd, he shall offer a male without blemish. He shall bring it to the entrance of the tent of meeting, that he may be accepted before the LORD.
Lev 1:4 He shall lay his hand on the head of the burnt offering, and it shall be accepted for him to make atonement for him.
Lev 1:5 Then he shall kill the bull before the LORD, and Aaron's sons the priests shall bring the blood and throw the blood against the sides of the altar that is at the entrance of the tent of meeting.
Lev 1:6 Then he shall flay the burnt offering and cut it into pieces,
Lev 1:7 and the sons of Aaron the priest shall put fire on the altar and arrange wood on the fire.
Lev 1:8 And Aaron's sons the priests shall arrange the pieces, the head, and the fat, on the wood that is on the fire on the altar;
Lev 1:9 but its entrails and its legs he shall wash with water. And the priest shall burn all of it on the altar, as a burnt offering, a food offering with a pleasing aroma to the LORD.
Lev 1:10 “If his gift for a burnt offering is from the flock, from the sheep or goats, he shall bring a male without blemish,
Lev 1:11 and he shall kill it on the north side of the altar before the LORD, and Aaron's sons the priests shall throw its blood against the sides of the altar.
Lev 1:12 And he shall cut it into pieces, with its head and its fat, and the priest shall arrange them on the wood that is on the fire on the altar,
Lev 1:13 but the entrails and the legs he shall wash with water. And the priest shall offer all of it and burn it on the altar; it is a burnt offering, a food offering with a pleasing aroma to the LORD.
Lev 1:14 “If his offering to the LORD is a burnt offering of birds, then he shall bring his offering of turtledoves or pigeons.
Lev 1:15 And the priest shall bring it to the altar and wring off its head and burn it on the altar. Its blood shall be drained out on the side of the altar.
Lev 1:16 He shall remove its crop with its contents and cast it beside the altar on the east side, in the place for ashes.
Lev 1:17 He shall tear it open by its wings, but shall not sever it completely. And the priest shall burn it on the altar, on the wood that is on the fire. It is a burnt offering, a food offering with a pleasing aroma to the LORD. (ESV)

God, I AM, YHWH--same God from the beginning of the Bible to the end.

Every single verse you posted is speaking of the same God, the one true God. The true God is the God of the Israelites, YHWH ("LORD") who commanded that they make sacrifices:

Lev 1:1 The LORD called Moses and spoke to him from the tent of meeting, saying,
Lev 1:2 “Speak to the people of Israel and say to them, When any one of you brings an offering to the LORD, you shall bring your offering of livestock from the herd or from the flock.
Lev 1:3 “If his offering is a burnt offering from the herd, he shall offer a male without blemish. He shall bring it to the entrance of the tent of meeting, that he may be accepted before the LORD.
Lev 1:4 He shall lay his hand on the head of the burnt offering, and it shall be accepted for him to make atonement for him.
Lev 1:5 Then he shall kill the bull before the LORD, and Aaron's sons the priests shall bring the blood and throw the blood against the sides of the altar that is at the entrance of the tent of meeting.
Lev 1:6 Then he shall flay the burnt offering and cut it into pieces,
Lev 1:7 and the sons of Aaron the priest shall put fire on the altar and arrange wood on the fire.
Lev 1:8 And Aaron's sons the priests shall arrange the pieces, the head, and the fat, on the wood that is on the fire on the altar;
Lev 1:9 but its entrails and its legs he shall wash with water. And the priest shall burn all of it on the altar, as a burnt offering, a food offering with a pleasing aroma to the LORD.
Lev 1:10 “If his gift for a burnt offering is from the flock, from the sheep or goats, he shall bring a male without blemish,
Lev 1:11 and he shall kill it on the north side of the altar before the LORD, and Aaron's sons the priests shall throw its blood against the sides of the altar.
Lev 1:12 And he shall cut it into pieces, with its head and its fat, and the priest shall arrange them on the wood that is on the fire on the altar,
Lev 1:13 but the entrails and the legs he shall wash with water. And the priest shall offer all of it and burn it on the altar; it is a burnt offering, a food offering with a pleasing aroma to the LORD.
Lev 1:14 “If his offering to the LORD is a burnt offering of birds, then he shall bring his offering of turtledoves or pigeons.
Lev 1:15 And the priest shall bring it to the altar and wring off its head and burn it on the altar. Its blood shall be drained out on the side of the altar.
Lev 1:16 He shall remove its crop with its contents and cast it beside the altar on the east side, in the place for ashes.
Lev 1:17 He shall tear it open by its wings, but shall not sever it completely. And the priest shall burn it on the altar, on the wood that is on the fire. It is a burnt offering, a food offering with a pleasing aroma to the LORD. (ESV)

God, I AM, YHWH--same God from the beginning of the Bible to the end.
They even called the Golden Calf LORD.

And all the people brake off the golden earrings which were in their ears, and brought them unto Aaron.

4And he received them at their hand, and fashioned it with a graving tool, after he had made it a molten calf: and they said, These be thy gods, O Israel, which brought thee up out of the land of Egypt.

5And when Aaron saw it, he built an altar before it; and Aaron made proclamation, and said, To morrow is a feast to the LORD.

So, instead of addressing the significant problem with your position, you just double down, by pointing out the error of the Israelites?

Exo 20:1 And God spoke all these words, saying,
Exo 20:2 “I am the LORD your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of slavery.
Exo 20:3 “You shall have no other gods before me.
Exo 20:4 “You shall not make for yourself a carved image, or any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth.
Exo 20:5 You shall not bow down to them or serve them, for I the LORD your God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers on the children to the third and the fourth generation of those who hate me,
Exo 20:6 but showing steadfast love to thousands of those who love me and keep my commandments.
Exo 20:7 “You shall not take the name of the LORD your God in vain, for the LORD will not hold him guiltless who takes his name in vain.
Exo 20:8 “Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy.
Exo 20:9 Six days you shall labor, and do all your work,
Exo 20:10 but the seventh day is a Sabbath to the LORD your God. On it you shall not do any work, you, or your son, or your daughter, your male servant, or your female servant, or your livestock, or the sojourner who is within your gates.
Exo 20:11 For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that is in them, and rested on the seventh day. Therefore the LORD blessed the Sabbath day and made it holy.
Exo 20:12 “Honor your father and your mother, that your days may be long in the land that the LORD your God is giving you. (ESV)

Each "LORD" is YHWH. YHWH is I AM is the one true God. That we're even having this conversation is stunning. This is such basic Bible knowledge.

Jesus, the disciples, and the apostle Paul did much to reconcile Jews and Gentiles,
Jesus said "I am called ONLY to the lost sheep of the house of Israel." He did little for the Gentiles. He even told the disciples to NOT go to the gentiles when He sent them out.

THe apostles (other than Paul) had a very difficult time with the gentiles that came to faith. It took a lot of prayer and arguing (Acts 15) before they saw things Paul's way.
There are many Christians, in name only, perhaps some here, who still hold Jewish beliefs that differ from the New Testament scriptures.
There is no book more Jewish than the New Testament.
For example, a Christian will say Jesus is God, while a Jew will say Yahweh is God.
No self respecting Jew would ever say "Yahweh" or "Jehovah." That Name is not to be pronounced - EVER. In NT times it was spoken only once per year by the High Priest in the Holy of Holies on Yom Kippur. (day of atonement)
Yahweh is the God of one nation, while Jesus is the God of all people.
There is only ONE GOD.
And God the Father is the God of all people; as are Jesus and the Holy Spirit.

So, instead of addressing the significant problem with your position, you just double down, by pointing out the error of the Israelites?

Exo 20:2 “I am the LORD your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of slavery.
Exo 20:3 “You shall have no other gods before me.
Exo 20:4 “You shall not make for yourself a carved image, or any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth.
Exo 20:5 You shall not bow down to them or serve them, for I the LORD your God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers on the children to the third and the fourth generation of those who hate me,
Exo 20:6 but showing steadfast love to thousands of those who love me and keep my commandments.
Exo 20:7 “You shall not take the name of the LORD your God in vain, for the LORD will not hold him guiltless who takes his name in vain.
Exo 20:8 “Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy.
Exo 20:9 Six days you shall labor, and do all your work,
Exo 20:10 but the seventh day is a Sabbath to the LORD your God. On it you shall not do any work, you, or your son, or your daughter, your male servant, or your female servant, or your livestock, or the sojourner who is within your gates.
Exo 20:11 For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that is in them, and rested on the seventh day. Therefore the LORD blessed the Sabbath day and made it holy.
Exo 20:12 “Honor your father and your mother, that your days may be long in the land that the LORD your God is giving you. (ESV)

Each "LORD" is YHWH. YHWH is I AM is the one true God. That we're even having this conversation is stunning. This is such basic Bible knowledge.

It was the I AM who brought them out of Egypt. Then, Moses broke the Ten Commandments on the ground at the time of the Golden Calf incident, and soon after, Moses married the daughter of a local priest, and they began to worship Baal and other local gods. YHWH being the main one.

Last edited:
Jesus said "I am called ONLY to the lost sheep of the house of Israel." He did little for the Gentiles. He even told the disciples to NOT go to the gentiles when He sent them out.

THe apostles (other than Paul) had a very difficult time with the gentiles that came to faith. It took a lot of prayer and arguing (Acts 15) before they saw things Paul's way.

There is no book more Jewish than the New Testament.

No self respecting Jew would ever say "Yahweh" or "Jehovah." That Name is not to be pronounced - EVER. In NT times it was spoken only once per year by the High Priest in the Holy of Holies on Yom Kippur. (day of atonement)

There is only ONE GOD.
And God the Father is the God of all people; as are Jesus and the Holy Spirit.
Thank you for a refreshing post.

It was the I AM who brought them out of Egypt.
I agree, but you're ignoring context, which I have given twice.

Exo 3:14 God said to Moses, “I AM WHO I AM.” And he said, “Say this to the people of Israel: ‘I AM has sent me to you.’”
Exo 3:15 God also said to Moses, “Say this to the people of Israel: ‘The LORD [YHWH], the God of your fathers, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob, has sent me to you.’ This is my name forever, and thus I am to be remembered throughout all generations.
Exo 3:16 Go and gather the elders of Israel together and say to them, ‘The LORD [YHWH], the God of your fathers, the God of Abraham, of Isaac, and of Jacob, has appeared to me, saying, “I have observed you and what has been done to you in Egypt,
Exo 3:17 and I promise that I will bring you up out of the affliction of Egypt to the land of the Canaanites, the Hittites, the Amorites, the Perizzites, the Hivites, and the Jebusites, a land flowing with milk and honey.”’
Exo 3:18 And they will listen to your voice, and you and the elders of Israel shall go to the king of Egypt and say to him, ‘The LORD [YHWH], the God of the Hebrews, has met with us; and now, please let us go a three days' journey into the wilderness, that we may sacrifice to the LORD [YHWH] our God.’ (ESV)

Exo 20:2 “I am the LORD [YHWH] your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of slavery. (ESV)

Gen 2:1 Thus the heavens and the earth were finished, and all the host of them.
Gen 2:2 And on the seventh day God finished his work that he had done, and he rested on the seventh day from all his work that he had done.
Gen 2:3 So God blessed the seventh day and made it holy, because on it God rested from all his work that he had done in creation.
Gen 2:4 These are the generations of the heavens and the earth when they were created, in the day that the LORD [YHWH] God made the earth and the heavens.
Gen 2:5 When no bush of the field was yet in the land and no small plant of the field had yet sprung up—for the LORD [YHWH] God had not caused it to rain on the land, and there was no man to work the ground,
Gen 2:6 and a mist was going up from the land and was watering the whole face of the ground—
Gen 2:7 then the LORD [YHWH] God formed the man of dust from the ground and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life, and the man became a living creature.
Gen 2:8 And the LORD [YHWH] God planted a garden in Eden, in the east, and there he put the man whom he had formed.
Gen 2:9 And out of the ground the LORD [YHWH] God made to spring up every tree that is pleasant to the sight and good for food. The tree of life was in the midst of the garden, and the tree of the knowledge of good and evil. (ESV)

Mal 4:1 “For behold, the day is coming, burning like an oven, when all the arrogant and all evildoers will be stubble. The day that is coming shall set them ablaze, says the LORD [YHWH] of hosts, so that it will leave them neither root nor branch.
Mal 4:2 But for you who fear my name, the sun of righteousness shall rise with healing in its wings. You shall go out leaping like calves from the stall.
Mal 4:3 And you shall tread down the wicked, for they will be ashes under the soles of your feet, on the day when I act, says the LORD [YHWH] of hosts.
Mal 4:4 “Remember the law of my servant Moses, the statutes and rules that I commanded him at Horeb for all Israel.
Mal 4:5 “Behold, I will send you Elijah the prophet before the great and awesome day of the LORD [YHWH] comes.
Mal 4:6 And he will turn the hearts of fathers to their children and the hearts of children to their fathers, lest I come and strike the land with a decree of utter destruction.” (ESV)

As I stated, you need to throw out the vast majority of the OT, since the one God throughout, from Gen 1:1 to Mal 4:6, is YHWH ("LORD"). He is the one who brought the Israelites out of Egypt and gave the Ten Commandments. It simply cannot be more clear: the one true God identifies himself first as I AM, then immediately identifies himself also as YHWH. To deny that is to utterly contradict what God very plainly and clearly reveals about himself. I honestly don't understand how you can even argue against this.

Then, Moses broke the Ten Commandments on the ground at the time of the Golden Calf incident, and soon after, Moses married the daughter of a local priest, and they began to worship Baal and other local gods. YHWH being the main one.
You are in serious error and misrepresenting the God of the Bible, even worse than denying the Trinity.

Yahweh, the God of the Jews.

"Yahweh was an ancient Levantine deity that emerged as a "divine warrior" associated first with Seir, Edom, Paran and Teman, and later with Canaan, as the national god of ancient Israelites and Judahites." Wikipedia

https://www.gotquestions.org/Yahweh-Edomite-Canaanite-god.html

https://www.biblestudytools.com/bible-study/topical-studies/why-it-matters-that-god-is-yahweh.html

Please be much more careful in where you get your theology from. Secularism and liberalism only seek to change what the Bible says, especially with Wikipedia where anyone who is a registered user can edit almost any page.

Last edited:
Religious Conditions in Israel
The foregoing are the facts that may in general be gathered in regard to the political conditions and events relating to the Israelitic tribes during the so-called "time of the Judges." It now remains to glance at the religious and cultural conditions during the same period. The sources, and in particular the stories of the Book of Judges in its present shape, recount the repeated apostasy of Israel and its worship of the Canaanite gods: but as the accounts cite only a few specific instances, one has evidently to deal with a survey of the religious conditions of the time from the standpoint of later conditions and conceptions; and these accounts, with their interchange of apostasy and oppression, of repentance and salvation, were in fact added to the book at a later time. At the time of the Judges Yhwh was actually the god of Israel, that is, of its leaders and of the people generally, as appears especially from the Song of Deborah; and in addition Baal, the chief god of the Canaanites, was also prominent in names—for example, "Jerubbaal" = "Gideon"—and therefore probably also in the cult of Israel. Later historians regarded this as a formal apostasy from Yhwh, although it was not so in fact, because no pure cult of Yhwh existed at the time of the Judges. Yet the prophets Hosea and Jeremiah correctly judged the conditions when they complained that the apostasy from Yhwh began with the immigration into Canaan (Hosea ix. 10, x. 1, xi. 1 et seq., xiii. 5 et seq.; Jer. ii. 1-8). A relation arises between Yhwh and Baal which actually leads Israel to the verge of natural religion. The name "Jobaal" is typical of this relation; for it implies the equality of the Canaanite Baal with the Israelitic Yhwh, an implication that could not remain without consequences.

As Israel, after taking possession of the country, soon made its Yhwh analogous to Baal, who had until now been lord of the land, so it also took possession of the hill sanctuaries of the latter (the "bamot"), which were held sacred as being nearer to the godhead. The Israelites soothed their religious conscience by connecting the legends of the Patriarchs with these old Canaanite sanctuaries. Connected therewith were frequently the so-called "maẓẓebot." These were originally large exposed blocks which were "set up" ( from ), i.e., set up-right, on their broad side, and which, as seats of the godhead, received votive offerings of oil and sacrificial blood. Later they probably gave place to artistically hewn pillars which stood near the altar. The cult of Yhwh was also connected with sacred trees standing near the eminence or in the open field; but the Israelites did not accept the "asherim," which probably were originally simple trunks of trees or poles planted beside the altar as symbols of Astarte, the goddess of fruitfulness (see Asherah). As thebamot and their maẓẓebot were originally dedicated to Yhwh (comp. Ex. xxiv. 5 [A. V. 4]), the asherim, which may even have been connected with the phallic cult, had no place beside these altars; and they are in fact not mentioned in early times.

Baal and YHWH
Whatever facts can be gathered from the original accounts of that time in regard to this Yhwh cult at the old Canaanite sanctuaries, which was perhaps also influenced by the ritual of the Canaanites themselves, are confirmed by the accounts referring to several of these places of worship. Thus there was at Shechem a Baal-berith ( = "covenant Baal"), who was evidently intended as the guardian and protector of the covenant made between the Israelites and the Canaanites in regard to their dwelling together in peace (Judges ix.). As it is not explained whether he was intended to represent Yhwh or Baal, the Canaanite part of the inhabitants of Shechem probably took him to be Baal, while the Israelites recognized him, in spite of his name "Baal," as Yhwh. And Jerubbaal (Gideon), who, as stated above, went to battle in behalf of Yhwh, and erected a sanctuary to Yhwh in his native city of Ophrah, set up in the sanctuary an ephod, that is, an idol, which, in accordance with Canaanite custom and skill, was finely wrought and covered with precious metals. The later reviser of Gideon's story not unjustly regarded this as a grievous apostasy on the part of Gideon and his contemporaries (ib. viii., especially verses 27 et seq.). The Danites, on their expedition to Laish, found a similar idol on Mount Ephraim, together with teraphim, images probably representing progenitors of the tribe or race. While the narrator of the story is sure that both emblems refer to the cult of Yhwh, and are not images of Baal and Ashtaroth, the reviser thinks it necessary always to add the words to in order to indicate that they were carved and cast images (and hence did not belong to the Yhwh cult, which permitted no such images). When the Danites seized the images together with the attendant priest, and carried them to Dan, a sanctuary arose there that subsequently became famous, and whose Levitic priests traced their descent back to Moses (ib. xvii-xviii., especially xviii. 30).

https://jewishencyclopedia.com/articles/9052-judges-period-of

There is no definite article "the" in either verse.
The old testament was translated into koine Greek language and the new testament was written in the Koine Greek language and the word "the" is at Genesis 1:1 and John 1:1 in the greek language, so all the Bibles I've read so far have the word "the" in verses Genesis 1:1 and John 1:1. So I think all those translators disagree with you when it comes to Genesis 1:1 and John 1:1 whether they should have the word "the" in those scriptures

Back