Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Depending upon the Holy Spirit for all you do?

Read through the following study by Tenchi for more on this topic

https://christianforums.net/threads/without-the-holy-spirit-we-can-do-nothing.109419/

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

https://christianforums.net/forums/questions-and-answers/

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

How to defend the trinity!

Well, yes, you do. What other options can you give? Yahweh said what he said and your position needs to take it all into account, or it is not biblical. We cannot make the Bible say more than it does and we cannot make it say less than it does.
No you said "after Yahweh" what do you mean by that?
Then show how any of what I said is incorrect; show me where my reasoning is faulty.
All the posts 663-667 prove conclusively that you are wrong.

Now I do not see this discussion going anywhere so unless you have something significant to offer lets shut this conversation down.

Last edited by a moderator:
No you said "after Yahweh" what do you mean by that?
What do I mean by that? He was the one that said it. It would be best to read where He says that and figure out what He means.

Isa 43:10 "You are my witnesses," declares the LORD, "and my servant whom I have chosen, that you may know and believe me and understand that I am he. Before me no god was formed, nor shall there be any after me.

It seems to me that it is just another way of saying that he is the only God. That would agree with all the times he states that he is the only God:

Deu 32:39 "'See now that I, even I, am he, and there is no god beside me; I kill and I make alive; I wound and I heal; and there is none that can deliver out of my hand.

Isa 44:6 Thus says the LORD, the King of Israel and his Redeemer, the LORD of hosts: "I am the first and I am the last; besides me there is no god.

Isa 44:8 Fear not, nor be afraid; have I not told you from of old and declared it? And you are my witnesses! Is there a God besides me? There is no Rock; I know not any."

Isa 44:24 Thus says the LORD, your Redeemer, who formed you from the womb: "I am the LORD, who made all things, who alone stretched out the heavens, who spread out the earth by myself,

Isa 45:5 I am the LORD, and there is no other, besides me there is no God; I equip you, though you do not know me,
Isa 45:6 that people may know, from the rising of the sun and from the west, that there is none besides me; I am the LORD, and there is no other.

Isa 45:18 For thus says the LORD, who created the heavens (he is God!), who formed the earth and made it (he established it; he did not create it empty, he formed it to be inhabited!): "I am the LORD, and there is no other.

Isa 45:21 Declare and present your case; let them take counsel together! Who told this long ago? Who declared it of old? Was it not I, the LORD? And there is no other god besides me, a righteous God and a Savior; there is none besides me.
Isa 45:22 "Turn to me and be saved, all the ends of the earth! For I am God, and there is no other.

Isa 46:9 remember the former things of old; for I am God, and there is no other; I am God, and there is none like me,

It would also be worthwhile to see what Jesus, Paul, and Jude say on the matter:

Mar 12:29 Jesus answered, “The most important is, ‘Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God, the Lord is one.

1Co 8:4 Therefore, as to the eating of food offered to idols, we know that “an idol has no real existence,” and that “there is no God but one.”
1Co 8:5 For although there may be so-called gods in heaven or on earth—as indeed there are many “gods” and many “lords”—
1Co 8:6 yet for us there is one God, the Father, from whom are all things and for whom we exist, and one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom are all things and through whom we exist.

Eph 4:4 There is one body and one Spirit—just as you were called to the one hope that belongs to your call—
Eph 4:5 one Lord, one faith, one baptism,
Eph 4:6 one God and Father of all, who is over all and through all and in all.

1Ti 1:17 To the King of the ages, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory forever and ever. Amen.

1Ti 2:5 For there is one God, and there is one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus,

Jud 1:25 to the only God, our Savior, through Jesus Christ our Lord, be glory, majesty, dominion, and authority, before all time and now and forever. Amen.

(All ESV.)

Jesus says the most important commandment is "The Lord our God, the Lord is one." Paul says "there is no God but one," that that is something "we know." He says "there is but one God, the Father," which, according to your position, is Yahweh. That agrees with what Yahweh himself says, as I have shown several times. And Jude agrees with Jesus and Paul.

Consistently, from Gen 1:1 to the very end of the Bible, we are told there is only one God. This is beyond dispute.

All the posts 663-667 prove conclusively that you are wrong.
Sorry, but I don't see a single thing in those posts that proves the historic, orthodox doctrine of the Trinity wrong. However, they do prove your straw man version of it wrong.

Now I do not see this discussion going anywhere so unless you have something significant to offer lets shut this conversation down.
Because as the English say….You are boring me now!
It isn't going anywhere because you are not actually addressing anything that proves difficult for your position. I have offered some very significant things that your position cannot take into account. It would be nice if you would address those, or at least show me precisely where I am supposedly wrong or where there is an error in reasoning, as I have previously asked.

Sorry, but I don't see a single thing in those posts that proves the historic, orthodox doctrine of the Trinity wrong. However, they do prove your straw man version of it wrong.
It is not a straw man and I am absolutely correct so that conversation is going nowhere and you saying that God was saying that in the Old Testament that He was the only God....most anybody that has read the Old Testament know that and I already noted that in my posts. But it is not bringing anything to this discussion. It is just saying things to just say it. So unless you have something new to offer there is no reason to continue this discussion....This is not the first time I have said this.

It is not a straw man
It is. You most recently stated, which I quoted: "the list goes on and on about a relationship between two "people" not oneself."

The historical, orthodox doctrine of the Trinity states that there are three persons within the one Being that is God. Two persons are not "oneself."

The first time was this: 'Three Gods in "one".'

But that, too, is not the historical, orthodox doctrine of the Trinity. It is three persons within the one Being that is God. It is not "three Gods in one God," or "three persons in one person." Words matter and the language used is critical.

And numerous times you have made some sort of argument along the lines of this one: "I disagree, For God to give His beloved Son defines two person.....one beloved by the other and God giving a different God...His son"

Again, the same rebuttal applies. Those are all straw man arguments because they aren't addressing what the historic, orthodox doctrine of the Trinity actually states.

and I am absolutely correct
About what?

you saying that God was saying that in the Old Testament that He was the only God....most anybody that has read the Old Testament know that and I already noted that in my posts. But it is not bringing anything to this discussion.
Yes, everyone knows that because that is the only Christian position. I just gave a list of verses, again, where Yahweh clearly states that he is and ever will be the only God, and this time I added those in the NT which clearly state there is only one God. And one from Jesus no less.

What it brings to this discussion is that it shows your claim that there are three Gods goes against what God himself says and what all of Scripture attests to. Why have you so far not even tried to address that argument or those passages I have provided? Simply dismissing them and continuing to claim there are three Gods is not addressing anything.

It is just saying things to just say it. So unless you have something new to offer there is no reason to continue this discussion....This is not the first time I have said this.
No, it isn't the first time; yet there are two main reasons to continue it. My arguments, based on scripture, have largely gone unaddressed, including those that are insurmountable for your position. And, you also don't seem to actually understand what the historic, orthodox doctrine of the Trinity states. You keep claiming you are "absolutely correct," but have not given one bit of evidence that supports your position and have left unaddressed all evidence to the contrary.

In no way am I trying to be mean; I'm just pointing out the facts.

About what?
Everything...
No, it isn't the first time; yet there are two main reasons to continue it. My arguments, based on scripture, have largely gone unaddressed, including those that are insurmountable for your position. And, you also don't seem to actually understand what the historic, orthodox doctrine of the Trinity states. You keep claiming you are "absolutely correct," but have not given one bit of evidence that supports your position and have left unaddressed all evidence to the contrary.

In no way am I trying to be mean; I'm just pointing out the facts.
You say that but you really have not said anything that amount to anything.

Last edited by a moderator:
Everything...
Such as? I'm asking for specifics. Just one or two things.

You say that but you really have not said anything that amount to anything.
I certainly have, which is why I suspect you have so far left things unaddressed.

Make some pertinent point or quit wasting my time
I have made a couple of very pertinent points. It would be nice if you would address them as I have addressed yours and will address anything specific I may have missed. Any reader will be able to see that you have left all evidence against your position unaddressed.

Here is what it comes down to (the first three points being left unaddressed):

1. Yahweh repeatedly says in the OT that he is the only God and there will never be another.
2. Jesus, Paul, and Jude all say there is only one God, affirming what Yahweh stated in the OT.
3. Either all of them--Yahweh, Jesus, Paul, and Jude--are liars or they were all ignorant or mistaken.
4. Monotheism is the position of the entire Bible.
5. We clearly see the Father being called God, Jesus claiming to be God and being referred to as such, and the Holy Spirit is implied to be God.
6. We also clearly see that those three persons are all distinct.
7. Since there is only one God, we can say that there is a plurality within the one Being that is God.
8. Therefore, the best summation of all God's revelation of himself in the Bible, is the historic, orthodox doctrine of the Trinity. A basic definition of which is: Within the one Being that is God, there exists three coeternal, coequal, consubstantial persons.

Last edited:
I already did read posts 663-667

3. Britannica…. The Christian doctrine of the Trinity (Latin: Trinitas, lit. 'triad', from Latin: trinus 'threefold') is the central doctrine concerning the nature of God in most Christian churches, which defines one God existing in three coequal, coeternal, consubstantial divine persons: God the Father, God the Son (Jesus Christ) and God the Holy Spirit, three distinct persons (hypostases) sharing one essence/substance/nature

I cut to the chase….people want to call the Trinity God not Gods. And that there are 3 persons in one God….
I believe there are 3 Gods in unity.
That all three Gods are full-fledged Gods.
But Yahweh is the Supreme God….God Almighty….the Creator of Heaven and Earth….and Adam and Eve.
That Yeshua is His begotten Son….Messiah….Savior of the world.
That the Holy Spirit is the unnamed God…..guide….teacher…. strengthener….
Still I believe Godhead is an accurate term.

So define what you believe the Trinity is….
Didn't you notice the Britannica defines One God in three consubstantial divine persons, which you quote, but then say you believe in three gods, contradicting the Britannica.

Do you want me to copy my essay from posts 663-667 here....when I say everything that is specifically everything.

I certainly have, which is why I suspect you have so far left things unaddressed.

I have made a couple of very pertinent points. It would be nice if you would address them as I have addressed yours and will address anything specific I may have missed. Any reader will be able to see that you have left all evidence against your position unaddressed.

Here is what it comes down to (the first three points being left unaddressed):

1. Yahweh repeatedly says in the OT that he is the only God and there will never be another.
2. Jesus, Paul, and Jude all say there is only one God, affirming what Yahweh stated in the OT.
3. Either all of them--Yahweh, Jesus, Paul, and Jude--are liars or they were all ignorant or mistaken.
4. Monotheism is the position of the entire Bible.
5. We clearly see the Father being called God, Jesus claiming to be God and being referred to as such, and the Holy Spirit is implied to be God.
6. We also clearly see that those three persons are all distinct.
7. Since there is only one God, we can say that there is a plurality within the one Being that is God.
8. Therefore, the best summation of all God's revelation of himself in the Bible, is the historic, orthodox doctrine of the Trinity. A basic definition of which is: Within the one Being that is God, there exists three coeternal, coequal, consubstantial persons.

And part of this I have already point out because the Apostles made a distinction between Christ and God the Father...referring to the Father as God and Christ as Lord. So it is obvious and clear they are thinking of two different "persons" For example...at the end of....

2nd Corinthians... The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit…

At the end of these they refer to Christ as Lord1st Corinthians…. Galatians…. Ephesians….. Phillippians….1st Thessalonians…..2nd Thessalonians…..Philemon….2nd Peter…..

This sort of references are throughout the scriptures. I can run a computer query and find them all if you want me to copy and past them here

And as I have already pointed out the obvious in how Yahweh and Yeshua interact with each other in the Gospels.
In the Gospels Yahweh and Yeshua talk to each other....refer to each other....have different positions .....Father and Son.....note the and.....One in Heaven and one on Earth....The Father gives authority to the Son....love each other.....come and go from each other....know things that the other does not know.....the list goes on and on about a relationship between two "people" not oneself. Most of it is just common sense.

When the Apostles were talking to Christ they were not thinking they were face to face with God the
Father or talking to God the Father.

Again it is all basic common sense....

Do you want me to copy my essay from posts 663-667 here....when I say everything that is specifically everything.
I've read it all and there is literally nothing there that refutes the historic, orthodox doctrine of the Trinity. I can see why you think it does, because as I previously pointed out, it refutes your straw man version of it. And you appeal to it again below.

And part of this I have already point out because the Apostles made a distinction between Christ and God the Father...referring to the Father as God and Christ as Lord. So it is obvious and clear they are thinking of two different "persons" For example...at the end of....

2nd Corinthians... The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit…

At the end of these they refer to Christ as Lord1st Corinthians…. Galatians…. Ephesians….. Phillippians….1st Thessalonians…..2nd Thessalonians…..Philemon….2nd Peter…..

This sort of references are throughout the scriptures. I can run a computer query and find them all if you want me to copy and past them here

And as I have already pointed out the obvious in how Yahweh and Yeshua interact with each other in the Gospels.
In the Gospels Yahweh and Yeshua talk to each other....refer to each other....have different positions .....Father and Son.....note the and.....One in Heaven and one on Earth....The Father gives authority to the Son....love each other.....come and go from each other....know things that the other does not know.....the list goes on and on about a relationship between two "people"
I fully agree. That's in complete agreement with everything I have stated so far.

not oneself.
And here is the straw man again. You really should stop using it and argue against the actual definition of the historic, orthodox doctrine of the Trinity.

Most of it is just common sense.
I completely agree. But don't forget to add to that the plain reading of scripture that unequivocally states there is and ever will be only one God. The never has been and never will be three Gods. God himself said so, so it's probably best to believe what he said, lest we imply that he is a liar.

When the Apostles were talking to Christ they were not thinking they were face to face with God the
Father or talking to God the Father.

Again it is all basic common sense....
Once again, that is in complete agreement with everything I have said. Of course, to suggest that the Apostles "were not thinking they were face to face with God the Father or talking to God the Father," is that straw man again. Of course they didn't, because the doctrine of the Trinity denies that the Father is the Son. It also could be that are you confusing Trinitarianism with Modalism.

Remember, there is only one God, but the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit, each being truly God, have always existed as distinct, coequal, consubstantial persons.

I've read it all and there is literally nothing there that refutes the historic, orthodox doctrine of the Trinity. I can see why you think it does, because as I previously pointed out, it refutes your straw man version of it. And you appeal to it again below.

I fully agree. That's in complete agreement with everything I have stated so far.

And here is the straw man again. You really should stop using it and argue against the actual definition of the historic, orthodox doctrine of the Trinity.

I completely agree. But don't forget to add to that the plain reading of scripture that unequivocally states there is and ever will be only one God. The never has been and never will be three Gods. God himself said so, so it's probably best to believe what he said, lest we imply that he is a liar.

Once again, that is in complete agreement with everything I have said. Of course, to suggest that the Apostles "were not thinking they were face to face with God the Father or talking to God the Father," is that straw man again. Of course they didn't, because the doctrine of the Trinity denies that the Father is the Son. It also could be that are you confusing Trinitarianism with Modalism.

Remember, there is only one God, but the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit, each being truly God, have always existed as distinct, coequal, consubstantial persons.
Well then we read it differently LOL

Included in the library is the Talmud, all the English versions of it. So I know where to look. I looked up Sommer's references to read them for myself. With Logos its easy to do. I define the collection of books "every book with TALM* in name and incredibly, 125 books appear. Then I search for whatever I want in just those books.
Do you realize there are 2 different Talmuds? The Babylonian Talmud is much longer and shows a century of additions and polish. When the text just says "Talmud" it almost always means Babylonian. The Jerusalem Talmud, otoh, is shorter, rather rough, and only has recently (within the last century) been available to anyone outside of scholarly yeshivas. (equivalent of seminary) English translation is only available in the last 50 years. I do not think Artscroll has yet completed their English publication of it.

1. Yahweh 2.Yeshua 3. Holy Spirit = 3
Read my posts they are very detailed.
How do you read the "First" and "Last" as more than one God?

As in
“You are My witnesses,” declares the LORD, “And My servant whom I have chosen, So that you may know and believe Me And understand that I am He. Before Me there was no God formed, And there will be none after Me.

Jesus is the only "begotten Son" who came down from the Fathers presence s the only such eyewitness. So how can the "Holy Spirit" be begotten from the Father as well? ( John 1:18) Jesus was anointed by the Spirit of the one who sent Him. (Isaiah 61:6) As you read from the testimony the Father is the source of all things (from whom all things came) and has not received from any other being. We can see the Son, (Jesus), has received both name, deity (Col 1:19), authority and glory from the one who glorified Him and put all things under Him. (The Father)

Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us in the heavenly realms with every spiritual blessing in Christ.

For this cause I bow my knees unto the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, of whom the whole family in heaven and earth is named, that he would grant you, according to the riches of his glory, to be strengthened with might by his Spirit in the inner man;

How do you read the "First" and "Last" as more than one God?

As in
“You are My witnesses,” declares the LORD, “And My servant whom I have chosen, So that you may know and believe Me And understand that I am He. Before Me there was no God formed, And there will be none after Me.

Jesus is the only "begotten Son" who came down from the Fathers presence s the only such eyewitness. So how can the "Holy Spirit" be begotten from the Father as well? ( John 1:18) Jesus was anointed by the Spirit of the one who sent Him. (Isaiah 61:6) As you read from the testimony the Father is the source of all things (from whom all things came) and has not received from any other being. We can see the Son, (Jesus), has received both name, deity (Col 1:19), authority and glory from the one who glorified Him and put all things under Him. (The Father)

Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us in the heavenly realms with every spiritual blessing in Christ.

For this cause I bow my knees unto the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, of whom the whole family in heaven and earth is named, that he would grant you, according to the riches of his glory, to be strengthened with might by his Spirit in the inner man;
John 1:18 No one has seen God at any time; God the only Son, who is in the arms of the Father, He has explained Him.

I am not sure what your question is here.

John 1:18 No one has seen God at any time; God the only Son, who is in the arms of the Father, He has explained Him.

I am not sure what your question is here.
There are two variants found in the various manuscripts in regard to John 1:18. "The only begotten Son" and "the only begotten God"

https://biblehub.com/text/john/1-18.htm

But how did you get 3 Gods from the stated I am the "First and the Last"?

You seemed to ignore the rest of what was stated.

Free has pretty much messed up this conversation with nonsense but for those that want to know the truth about the Trinity look at posts 663-667…..717…..719

Must be a pretty weird site for them to allow admin to do such a thing.
YOU ARE BREAKING TOS RULES BY MAKING PERSONAL COMMENTS.

PLEASE ADDRESS THE TOPIC AND NOT THE OTHER MEMBER PERSONALLY.

PLEASE FAMILIARIZE YOURSELF WITH THE TERMS OF SERVICE.

DO NOT REPLY TO THIS POST IN THIS THREAD.
USE TALK WITH STAFF IF NECESSARY.

THANKS.

Last edited:
There are two variants found in the various manuscripts in regard to John 1:18. "The only begotten Son" and "the only begotten God"

https://biblehub.com/text/john/1-18.htm

But how did you get 3 Gods from the stated I am the "First and the Last"?

You seemed to ignore the rest of what was stated.
LOL 1. Yahweh 2. Yeshua 3. Holy Spirit = 3
Trinity Tri-unity.....

Christ did a pretty good job of explaining this oneness thing....
Speaking to God the Father (He is not talking to Himself) Yeshua says this about the concept of one...John 17:21 “that they may all be one; even as You, Father, are in Me and I in You, that they also may be in Us, so that the world may believe that You sent Me.” Because Yeshua says “just as” this is an exactness, a duplication of a condition that we can achieve, and He states that this condition of “oneness” can apply to us, but it has nothing to do with absorption or singularity, but rather a condition of spiritual union and solidarity between God and us. The next verse further defines this by describing a unity with Christ that would cause the same condition with us as it did with them, a condition of perfection. Again, not talking to Himself, in John 17:23 “I in them, and Thou in Me, that they may be perfected in unity, that the world may know that Thou didst send Me, and didst love them, even as Thou didst love Me.” In this context millions of people could be made one...one being a abstract concept of one, but a more literal meaning of unity, solidarity, and perfection and even a “body” that is considered one....the body of Christ or the body of the Church being one. And then, the next verse is probably one of the best verses to put this oneness concept into perspective. The leading verses are speaking of the works of the Holy Spirit and then ends with this explanation. 1st Corinthians 12:11-13 “But one and the same Spirit works all these things, distributing to each one individually just as He wills. For even as the body is one and yet has many members, and all the members of the body, though they are many, are one body, so also is Christ. For by one Spirit we were all baptized into one body, whether Jews or Greeks, whether slaves or free, and were all made to drink of one Spirit. For the body is not one member, but many.”

Trinity Tri-unity.....

Speaking to God the Father (He is not talking to Himself) Yeshua says this about the concept of one...John 17:21 “that they may all be one; even as You, Father, are in Me and I in You, that they also may be in Us, so that the world may believe that You sent Me.” Because Yeshua says “just as” this is an exactness, a duplication of a condition that we can achieve, and He states that this condition of “oneness” can apply to us, but it has nothing to do with absorption or singularity, but rather a condition of spiritual union and solidarity between God and us. The next verse further defines this by describing a unity with Christ that would cause the same condition with us as it did with them, a condition of perfection. Again, not talking to Himself, in John 17:23 “I in them, and Thou in Me, that they may be perfected in unity, that the world may know that Thou didst send Me, and didst love them, even as Thou didst love Me.” In this context millions of people could be made one...one being a abstract concept of one, but a more literal meaning of unity, solidarity, and perfection and even a “body” that is considered one....the body of Christ or the body of the Church being one. And then, the next verse is probably one of the best verses to put this oneness concept into perspective. The leading verses are speaking of the works of the Holy Spirit and then ends with this explanation. 1st Corinthians 12:11-13 “But one and the same Spirit works all these things, distributing to each one individually just as He wills. For even as the body is one and yet has many members, and all the members of the body, though they are many, are one body, so also is Christ. For by one Spirit we were all baptized into one body, whether Jews or Greeks, whether slaves or free, and were all made to drink of one Spirit. For the body is not one member, but many.”
So you didn't answer.

However you wish to conceptualize the Father, Son, and Spirit 3 Gods is not a possible answer that can be found in the NT. You should therefore start with only one God.

yet for us there is but one God, the Father, from whom all things came and for whom we live; and there is but one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom all things came and through whom we live.

This is eternal life: to know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom you sent.

Trinity Tri-unity.....
Without pasting everything I have given already, God (Yahweh) says this of himself in the OT:

Deu 32:39 "'See now that I, even I, am he, and there is no god beside me; I kill and I make alive; I wound and I heal; and there is none that can deliver out of my hand.

Isa 43:10 "You are my witnesses," declares the LORD, "and my servant whom I have chosen, that you may know and believe me and understand that I am he. Before me no god was formed, nor shall there be any after me.

Isa 44:8 Fear not, nor be afraid; have I not told you from of old and declared it? And you are my witnesses! Is there a God besides me? There is no Rock; I know not any."

In the NT, Jesus, Paul, James, and Jude agree with Yahweh:

Mar 12:29 Jesus answered, “The most important is, ‘Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God, the Lord is one.
Mar 12:32 And the scribe said to him, “You are right, Teacher. You have truly said that he is one, and there is no other besides him.
Mar 12:34 And when Jesus saw that he answered wisely, he said to him, “You are not far from the kingdom of God.” And after that no one dared to ask him any more questions.

1Co 8:4 Therefore, as to the eating of food offered to idols, we know that “an idol has no real existence,” and that “there is no God but one.”
1Co 8:5 For although there may be so-called gods in heaven or on earth—as indeed there are many “gods” and many “lords”—
1Co 8:6 yet for us there is one God, the Father, from whom are all things and for whom we exist, and one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom are all things and through whom we exist.

1Ti 1:17 To the King of the ages, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory forever and ever. Amen.

1Ti 2:5 For there is one God, and there is one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus,

Jas 2:19 You believe that God is one; you do well. Even the demons believe—and shudder!

Jud 1:25 to the only God, our Savior, through Jesus Christ our Lord, be glory, majesty, dominion, and authority, before all time and now and forever. Amen.

(All ESV.)

He also mentioned that there is only one God...

Speaking to God the Father (He is not talking to Himself)
We all agree on this, so why keep mentioning it? What does it have to do with the discussion?

So you didn't answer.

However you wish to conceptualize the Father, Son, and Spirit 3 Gods is not a possible answer that can be found in the NT. You should therefore start with only one God.

yet for us there is but one God, the Father, from whom all things came and for whom we live; and there is but one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom all things came and through whom we live.

This is eternal life: to know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom you sent.

And that is fine with me.
Ya know pastors have stress, I hang with them doing different things and hear some stories LOL
But when I started this ministry I decided that my obligation was only to provide the truth....not to worry whether people believe or not....if they cared an ounce they could go check it out.

No stress on me.

Last edited:
Back