Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Is believing/faith a work ?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$905.00
Goal
$1,038.00
If you don't want to answer to the truth, you sure don't.

For answering to the truth means you must deal with scripture that is opposed to your doctrine.

As what has already been written:
Ephesians1:13, Gal 2:16, Mark 1:14-15 (especially when you believe to believe is a work of righteousness)

And don't forget what scripture says in Titus 3:5
not by "works of righteousness "

And I'll leave you with this scripture:

Hebrews 11:16 "And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to Him must believe that He exists and that He rewards those who earnestly seek Him".

Now you said this:

But scripture says different, it says you can't please God without it.

And sense we know scripture does not contradict itself then we know faith is not a work of righteousness.

Then do nothing and see If you ever experience God's promises.

You will never know if it is you that are part of your doctrine of the scriptural elect.

As one man said and it seems to be your story in my opinion too:
"You constructed a complex and unassailable system of doctrine that is denying you your birthright."
If you condition salvation on anything you do, it's a works righteousness and condemned by God!

I believe that the Miracles of Jesus are/were sufficient for any HONEST person to conclude (mental accent) that Jesus' ministry was from God. [The Pharisees that saw and still refused to believe betrayed that they had some other "motivated self interest" to reject Jesus other than the evidence.] While believing that Jesus is "of God" is a good start, I suspect (you were asking for personal opinions, I believe) that it is short of "salvation" in and of itself. Muslims believe that God sent Jesus, but fall short of the trust in Christ that makes them children of God.

Reading on in John 9 ... the Blind Man KNEW that God had healed him and that healing had come through Jesus, thus Jesus was a "good man". That prepared him for the next encounter where Jesus affirms his MESSIAHSHIP and DEITY through the "Son of Man" references and its OT roots. The formerly blind man accepts Jesus as LORD and the Pharisees with him reject Jesus. Clearly seeing miracles is not enough all by itself ... it's that heart thing, again.

[That was my best - Particular Baptist - answer to the question as I understood it.]
I appreciate your sincere answer, but the healed blind man verbally affirmed his faith in Christ and was apparently excomunnicated from society because of it (Jn.9:34.)

For that reason, I believe it was more than he needed to be saved.

You have not proved it.
And more so your doctrine is unscriptural.
It's been proved you are unable to receive it. You make your salvation conditioned on what you do is dishonoring to Christ who made Salvation for His people conditioned on what He did!

I appreciate your sincere answer, but the healed blind man verbally affirmed his faith in Christ and was apparently excomunnicated from society because of it (Jn.9:34.)

I agree:

9Jesus replied, “Philip, I have been with you all this time, and still you do not know Me? Anyone who has seen Me has seen the Father. How can you say, ‘Show us the Father’? 10Do you not believe that I am in the Father and the Father is in Me? The words I say to you, I do not speak on My own. Instead, it is the Father dwelling in Me, performing His works. 11Believe Me that I am in the Father and the Father is in Me—or at least believe on account of the works themselves. John 14:9-11

As a beggar, he was already ‘de facto’ excommunicated from society. I think that I agree that HE was saved at HIS initial encounter with Jesus, I was just not prepared to draw a universal rule that everyone Jesus healed (or who witnessed a miracle) was immediately saved by the experience. Judas saw many miracles and many other blind men had their sight restored … all do not seem to have been “saved” as well.

Since when was any thread about the title … especially after the first page. 😉
This is true, lol.
I love threads that start out like this...

Post 1:
Cornelius would have went to hell if he did not get water baptized.

And end up like this...

Post 3,456:
I put a little oregano on it and my dog never knows the difference. Try it.

It's been proved you are unable to receive it. You make your salvation conditioned on what you do is dishonoring to Christ who made Salvation for His people conditioned on what He did!
Your thoughts are totally unscriptural.
You have yet to write anything to me that proves the point of the posted title.

The salvation I speak of is scriptural.
And I've never said at any point that salvation was not dependent upon God.

You obviously have ignored reading scriptures that have been posted to you. And because you will not argue your point with any scriptural evidence I find it better to move on.

✌️ and 🙌 s

Now that is what you need to prove to yourself when you read:

Ephesians1:13, Gal 2:16, Mark 1:14-15 (especially when you believe to believe is a work of righteousness)

And don't forget what scripture says in Titus 3:5
not by "works of righteousness "

And I'll leave you with this scripture:

Hebrews 11:16 "And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to Him must believe that He exists and that He rewards those who earnestly seek Him".

Now you said this:

But scripture says different, it says you can't please God without it.

And sense we know scripture does not contradict itself then we know faith is not a work of righteousness.
More importantly, having faith isn't a "work" of the Law either.

Back