Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

Is the Ten Commandment Abolished?

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
James 2:14-26

14What doth it profit, my brethren, though a man say he hath faith, and have not works? can faith save him?

15If a brother or sister be naked, and destitute of daily food,

16And one of you say unto them, Depart in peace, be ye warmed and filled; notwithstanding ye give them not those things which are needful to the body; what doth it profit?

17Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone.

18Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: shew me thy faith without thy works, and I will shew thee my faith by my works.

19Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble.

20But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead?

21Was not Abraham our father justified by works, when he had offered Isaac his son upon the altar?

22Seest thou how faith wrought with his works, and by works was faith made perfect?

23And the scripture was fulfilled which saith, Abraham believed God, and it was imputed unto him for righteousness: and he was called the Friend of God.

24Ye see then how that by works a man is justified, and not by faith only.

25Likewise also was not Rahab the harlot justified by works, when she had received the messengers, and had sent them out another way?

26For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.

I agree with what you say, but I was really thinking this from a different angle. I forgot to mention the little detail that I'm not married (never have been) and have no children. Imagine this hypothetical scenario:

Suppose I know a married couple and that they are childless. They ask me to take part in a threesome with them. To me, that would be adultery and forbidden by God's law. But what do you think? As long as I love them and they love each other and me, is it ok?

If I had a 3some with a married couple then I'm breaking the first law by not loving God because I'm doing things He hates. Simple. I know what my Lord likes and what He doesnt like because I've read the Gospels. I know Him. He's like a friend to me.

Next!

If I had a 3some with a married couple then I'm breaking the first law by not loving God because I'm doing things He hates. Simple. I know what my Lord likes and what He doesnt like because I've read the Gospels. I know Him. He's like a friend to me.

Next!

wheres does it define marriage in the nt , that god hates polygamy. marriage is defined in the nt, not necassarily the ot, on polygamy isnst outlawed in the ot, to wit you say that we dont need. its the nt that defines the marriage of one man and one women.

Next!

No need for any "next", I see we are in agreement, although we may be wording things differently. Loving God and our Neighbor doesn't replace the commandments of God. Rather than being a purely emotional thing, true love will show itself through our actions and cause us to keep the commandments.

Next!

Perhaps you can explain this then:

Acts 21:20-26

20And when they heard it, they glorified the Lord, and said unto him, Thou seest, brother, how many thousands of Jews there are which believe; and they are all zealous of the law:

21And they are informed of thee, that thou teachest all the Jews which are among the Gentiles to forsake Moses, saying that they ought not to circumcise their children, neither to walk after the customs.

22What is it therefore? the multitude must needs come together: for they will hear that thou art come.

23Do therefore this that we say to thee: We have four men which have a vow on them;

24Them take, and purify thyself with them, and be at charges with them, that they may shave their heads: and all may know that those things, whereof they were informed concerning thee, are nothing; but that thou thyself also walkest orderly, and keepest the law.

25As touching the Gentiles which believe, we have written and concluded that they observe no such thing, save only that they keep themselves from things offered to idols, and from blood, and from strangled, and from fornication.

26Then Paul took the men, and the next day purifying himself with them entered into the temple, to signify the accomplishment of the days of purification, until that an offering should be offered for every one of them.

1.)

So, not only do we find the narrative explaining how some Messianic Jews were twisting Paul's words around accusing him of teaching the Jews which believe to forsake Moses' Law, but that the Apostles (Peter, James, etc.) Concluded that they were misinformed about Paul's doctrine. Not only this, but they say that "we know that YOU YOURSELF WALKS ORDERLY AND KEEPS THE LAW"

2.)

Also, James concluded that concerning the gentile believers that they shouldn't be troubled with the entire law, only that they abstain from Idols (obvious) fornication (obvious) and from things strangled and from blood

So, tell me; according to your understanding how someone eating rare steak or a strangled chicken is incongruent with "emotional love of God and neighbor"

As I said before: if you love God, you keep his commandments.

Acts 15 is an earlier account of this same chapter. In it James adds a little bit more that is not present in chapter 21:

20But that we write unto them, that they abstain from pollutions of idols, and from fornication, and from things strangled, and from blood.

21For Moses of old time hath in every city them that preach him, being read in the synagogues every sabbath day.

This final statement suggests the idea was that the gentiles would slowly learn the whole Law over time as children learn God's word in sunday school. This seems to suggest that those four commandments were given to the gentile believers as a sort of starting point.

Obedience to God's commandments does not save you.
Obedience to God's commandments shows the work of the Holy Spirit on your heart.
Read Isaiah 56.

1Thus saith the LORD, Keep ye judgment, and do justice: for my salvation is near to come, and my righteousness to be revealed.

2Blessed is the man that doeth this, and the son of man that layeth hold on it; that keepeth the sabbath from polluting it, and keepeth his hand from doing any evil.

3Neither let the son of the stranger, that hath joined himself to the LORD, speak, saying, The LORD hath utterly separated me from his people: neither let the eunuch say, Behold, I am a dry tree.

4For thus saith the LORD unto the eunuchs that keep my sabbaths, and choose the things that please me, and take hold of my covenant;

5Even unto them will I give in mine house and within my walls a place and a name better than of sons and of daughters: I will give them an everlasting name, that shall not be cut off.

6Also the sons of the stranger, that join themselves to the LORD, to serve him, and to love the name of the LORD, to be his servants, every one that keepeth the sabbath from polluting it, and taketh hold of my covenant;

7Even them will I bring to my holy mountain, and make them joyful in my house of prayer: their burnt offerings and their sacrifices shall be accepted upon mine altar; for mine house shall be called an house of prayer for all people.

8The Lord GOD, which gathereth the outcasts of Israel saith, Yet will I gather others to him, beside those that are gathered unto him.

Even to the son of the stranger...

Love God, Love others. Sinning is against this. Thats why I repent.

It's so simple even a child can understand.

Nothing else needed. Just Jesus Christ. He is the root of our salvation. Faith.

It is true nothing else is needed but that still doesn't mean the law is abolished. Christ Himself said He did not come to abolish the law. What the law is, is God's Will and Wisdom for His people both Jew and Gentile. It is how we know we are walking in His light or in the darkness of this world. We have been told that if we love Him then we are to do His commandments.

For someone to say that by being 'not under the law' means the law is done away with would seem to contradict Messiah's statement of not coming to abolish it. Pharasees taught when you kept the law God owes you salvation. You say gee all we have to do is 'love God' but who among us have even kept that first commandment? Being none of us are able to keep the law the law justly and rightfully so condemed us to death. But having Christ as our Saviour we are no longer under condemnation of the law, the law has no hold on us. That is what I think is meant when it is said we are no longer under the law. It doesn't mean we can now go around making up our church doctrines traditions and laws doing what seems right in our own eyes.

This is being written because we as Christians are living in a very peculiar time. In these last days prior to the return of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ, there is such confusion among so many well meaning and Christian-minded people, and one great point of confusion and contention is regarding the Sabbath.

I have personally been confronted by people who condemned me because I did not keep the Sabbath the way they were trying to keep it. There is extremism in any belief system, and that extremism occurs when proponents of a belief system do not accept the whole council of God. Let us look at the whole council of God on the subject of the Sabbath, which will bring forth a clear understanding of what it is and how it must be kept.

We will now go back to the origin of the Sabbath at the time of the creation as told at the beginning of the book of Genesis. In Genesis 2:1-3 we read, "Thus the heavens and the earth were finished, and all the host of them. And on the seventh day God ended his work which he had made; and he rested on the seventh day from all his work which he had made. And God blessed the seventh day, and sanctified it: because that in it he had rested from all his work which God created and made."

One thing that should be immediately noticed is that all of the preceding six days end with the following words, "And the evening and the morning were the (1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, or 6th) day." We do not find these words of finality or summation ending the seventh day, because in a perfect world, every day thereafter would be a condition of Sabbath or rest and repose. That day was open-ended! Only sin could take away that condition of Sabbath or rest that was meant for every day, and sadly, that is exactly what happened. Later, we will see how our Lord Jesus restored the perpetual and continual Sabbath to our souls.

The first time we see the word "Sabbath" is in the book of Exodus, and in Exodus 20:8-11, we find that it is given as one of the Ten Commandments as follows: "Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy. Six days shalt thou labor, and do all thy work: But the seventh day is the Sabbath of the Lord thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates: For in six days the Lord made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the Lord blessed the Sabbath day, and hallowed it."

One primary point that must be noted regarding the Sabbath commandment is that it has nothing to do with going to church! It has only to do with the cessation from work. Nothing more and nothing less. Sinful man was ordered to do nothing on the seventh day. Thus, one day each week he would not be out there committing sin after sin after sin. It was a "do nothing" day, established as such until the Savior would come to give us victory over sin every day of the week and establish rest for our souls by his spirit dwelling within. This could be made possible only through a New Covenant established by the blood of the Lamb of God!

The Old Testament is replete with examples of Sabbath commandments, but in every example, it is under the Old Covenant of a single day of rest, which by the death, burial, and resurrection of Jesus Christ has given way to a Sabbath, where every day is one where we cease from our old works. The Old Covenant, according to Hebrews 8:13, is no more! It reads as follows: "In that he saith, a New Covenant, he hath made the first old. Now that which decayeth and waxeth old is ready to vanish away."

In Galatians 3:24-25, we are exhorted "Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith. But after that faith is come, we are NO LONGER UNDER THE SCHOOLMASTER." Thus, the law could lead us to Christ but no further! Those who think that they are keeping the Sabbath as a day must remember that James 2:10 says, "For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all." The only one who has ever kept the Sabbath perfectly is Jesus Christ. Man cannot do what He did in keeping the law. The Lord Jesus took the law to Calvary as well as the sin of the world. It was there that the law and all transgressions met, and He bore the sin of many. See Isaiah 53.

Is there a Sabbath after Calvary? Yes! Hebrews 4:9-10 says, "There remaineth therefore a rest to the people of God. For he that is entered into his rest, he also hath ceased from his own works, as God did from his." There are two words not found in those verses, "Sabbath" and "day." It is because our rest is no longer a calendar day each week, but every day, which includes the seventh, and thus we keep the Sabbath by living a godly and blood-washed life every day. For we have ceased from our old works. Some people who haven't come to an understanding of what covenant they are under will point out that Paul often went into the synagogues on the Sabbath. If we look at those incidents, however, we see that it was to bring those who hear out of the synagogue and that system of death. Here is what Paul the Apostle said about the seventh day as found in Romans 14:5-6: "One man esteemeth one day above another, another esteemeth every day alike. Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind. He that regardeth the day, regardeth it unto the Lord, and he that regardeth not the day, to the Lord he doth not regard it."

We know that the Sabbath law is fulfilled in Jesus Christ and He abides within us. The seventh day Sabbath was not eliminated but fulfilled, and our Savior added six more days to that rest and gave us the timelessness of eternal life. Thus, the seventh day is kept holy with all the other days. We can worship our Lord any day and every day. We know that Sunday is not the Sabbath but rather one of seven days, any of which can be used for worship. Acts 20:7 says, "And upon the first day of the week, when the disciples came together to break bread, Paul preached unto them, ready to depart on the morrow; and continued his speech until midnight."

It is my humble prayer that all who read this will realize the joy of keeping all seven days of the week holy and thus fulfill the sacred commandment; for it is not our works but the finished work of Christ that has established the eternal timeless Sabbath of the New Covenant by the power of His blood.

Brother David

Last edited by a moderator:
It has only to do with the cessation from work. Nothing more and nothing less. Sinful man was ordered to do nothing on the seventh day. Thus, one day each week he would not be out there committing sin after sin after sin.

Oh brother David you should look at your own life and be able to discern why the day of rest was for us. You labor, you toil your days are thinking of your job, driving the car in traffic, dealing with things of this world, work, and work and more work.

God commands us to take one day out of the whole week specifically the 7th day of the HEBREW calander not Pope Gregory's.

When you rest you don't sit there like a bump on a log watching football or old movies. No, you are commanded also to keep it Holy you study God's word, you pray to Him, sing praises. Instruct your children in His ways. You take this one day out of the whole week and you dedicate it to remembering God thanking Him for His provision.

Don't make out to be more than what it is. Just rest on the 7th day as we been told to and keep it Holy. Tough going though with 7 day work weeks and football season starting up.

The seventh day Sabbath was not eliminated but fulfilled, and our Savior added six more days to that rest and gave us the timelessness of eternal life.
So what you are saying we don't have to go to work anymore then? Yipeeee! You must show me where in scripture He says this six more days of rest.

Peace

wheres does it define marriage in the nt , that god hates polygamy. marriage is defined in the nt, not necassarily the ot, on polygamy isnst outlawed in the ot, to wit you say that we dont need. its the nt that defines the marriage of one man and one women.

19:5 And said, For this cause shall a man leave father and mother, and shall cleave to his wife: and they twain (TWO not 3!!) shall be one flesh?
19:6 Wherefore they are no more twain, but one flesh. What therefore
God hath joined together, let not man put asunder. (seperate)

A threesome not only seperates a man and his wife spiritually but....Lolz,,,,,,LITERALLY as well! Jesus says its not allowed. If I did it I'd be slapping my king in the face. Commandment #1 broken.
5:3 But fornication, and all uncleanness, or covetousness, let it not be once named among you, as becometh saints;

Fornication is a no no. Simple. Jesus hates it....so I dont do it for fear of breaking His first commandment...to love God. Stop me if this is too complicated.

Thats just a coupla verses I found in 2 minutes of searching.

It is true nothing else is needed but that still doesn't mean the law is abolished. Christ Himself said He did not come to abolish the law. What the law is, is God's Will and Wisdom for His people both Jew and Gentile. It is how we know we are walking in His light or in the darkness of this world. We have been told that if we love Him then we are to do His commandments.

For someone to say that by being 'not under the law' means the law is done away with would seem to contradict Messiah's statement of not coming to abolish it. Pharasees taught when you kept the law God owes you salvation. You say gee all we have to do is 'love God' but who among us have even kept that first commandment? Being none of us are able to keep the law the law justly and rightfully so condemed us to death. But having Christ as our Saviour we are no longer under condemnation of the law, the law has no hold on us. That is what I think is meant when it is said we are no longer under the law. It doesn't mean we can now go around making up our church doctrines traditions and laws doing what seems right in our own eyes.

Agreed! Were not under the law.

If we follow Jesus' commandments we repent from sin.

We are Christian. We follow Jesus Christ.

This is being written because we as Christians are living in a very peculiar time. In these last days prior to the return of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ, there is such confusion among so many well meaning and Christian-minded people, and one great point of confusion and contention is regarding the Sabbath.

I have personally been confronted by people who condemned me because I did not keep the Sabbath the way they were trying to keep it. There is extremism in any belief system, and that extremism occurs when proponents of a belief system do not accept the whole council of God. Let us look at the whole council of God on the subject of the Sabbath, which will bring forth a clear understanding of what it is and how it must be kept.

We will now go back to the origin of the Sabbath at the time of the creation as told at the beginning of the book of Genesis. In Genesis 2:1-3 we read, "Thus the heavens and the earth were finished, and all the host of them. And on the seventh day God ended his work which he had made; and he rested on the seventh day from all his work which he had made. And God blessed the seventh day, and sanctified it: because that in it he had rested from all his work which God created and made."

One thing that should be immediately noticed is that all of the preceding six days end with the following words, "And the evening and the morning were the (1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, or 6th) day." We do not find these words of finality or summation ending the seventh day, because in a perfect world, every day thereafter would be a condition of Sabbath or rest and repose. That day was open-ended! Only sin could take away that condition of Sabbath or rest that was meant for every day, and sadly, that is exactly what happened. Later, we will see how our Lord Jesus restored the perpetual and continual Sabbath to our souls.

The first time we see the word "Sabbath" is in the book of Exodus, and in Exodus 20:8-11, we find that it is given as one of the Ten Commandments as follows: "Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy. Six days shalt thou labor, and do all thy work: But the seventh day is the Sabbath of the Lord thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates: For in six days the Lord made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the Lord blessed the Sabbath day, and hallowed it."

One primary point that must be noted regarding the Sabbath commandment is that it has nothing to do with going to church! It has only to do with the cessation from work. Nothing more and nothing less. Sinful man was ordered to do nothing on the seventh day. Thus, one day each week he would not be out there committing sin after sin after sin. It was a "do nothing" day, established as such until the Savior would come to give us victory over sin every day of the week and establish rest for our souls by his spirit dwelling within. This could be made possible only through a New Covenant established by the blood of the Lamb of God!

The Old Testament is replete with examples of Sabbath commandments, but in every example, it is under the Old Covenant of a single day of rest, which by the death, burial, and resurrection of Jesus Christ has given way to a Sabbath, where every day is one where we cease from our old works. The Old Covenant, according to Hebrews 8:13, is no more! It reads as follows: "In that he saith, a New Covenant, he hath made the first old. Now that which decayeth and waxeth old is ready to vanish away."

In Galatians 3:24-25, we are exhorted "Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith. But after that faith is come, we are NO LONGER UNDER THE SCHOOLMASTER." Thus, the law could lead us to Christ but no further! Those who think that they are keeping the Sabbath as a day must remember that James 2:10 says, "For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all." The only one who has ever kept the Sabbath perfectly is Jesus Christ. Man cannot do what He did in keeping the law. The Lord Jesus took the law to Calvary as well as the sin of the world. It was there that the law and all transgressions met, and He bore the sin of many. See Isaiah 53.

Is there a Sabbath after Calvary? Yes! Hebrews 4:9-10 says, "There remaineth therefore a rest to the people of God. For he that is entered into his rest, he also hath ceased from his own works, as God did from his." There are two words not found in those verses, "Sabbath" and "day." It is because our rest is no longer a calendar day each week, but every day, which includes the seventh, and thus we keep the Sabbath by living a godly and blood-washed life every day. For we have ceased from our old works. Some people who haven't come to an understanding of what covenant they are under will point out that Paul often went into the synagogues on the Sabbath. If we look at those incidents, however, we see that it was to bring those who hear out of the synagogue and that system of death. Here is what Paul the Apostle said about the seventh day as found in Romans 14:5-6: "One man esteemeth one day above another, another esteemeth every day alike. Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind. He that regardeth the day, regardeth it unto the Lord, and he that regardeth not the day, to the Lord he doth not regard it."

We know that the Sabbath law is fulfilled in Jesus Christ and He abides within us. The seventh day Sabbath was not eliminated but fulfilled, and our Savior added six more days to that rest and gave us the timelessness of eternal life. Thus, the seventh day is kept holy with all the other days. We can worship our Lord any day and every day. We know that Sunday is not the Sabbath but rather one of seven days, any of which can be used for worship. Acts 20:7 says, "And upon the first day of the week, when the disciples came together to break bread, Paul preached unto them, ready to depart on the morrow; and continued his speech until midnight."

It is my humble prayer that all who read this will realize the joy of keeping all seven days of the week holy and thus fulfill the sacred commandment; for it is not our works but the finished work of Christ that has established the eternal timeless Sabbath of the New Covenant by the power of His blood.

Brother David

Masterful post Brother David. Inspirational.

We could use your intelect over in this thread>>>

http://www.christianforums.net/f20/mystery-babylon-great-mother-harlots-30906/

15:7 And when there had been much disputing, Peter rose up, and said unto them, Men and brethren, ye know how that a good while ago God made choice among us, that the Gentiles by my mouth should hear the word of the gospel, and believe.

15:8 And God, which knoweth the hearts, bare them witness, giving
them the Holy Ghost, even as he did unto us;

15:9 And put no difference between us and them, purifying their hearts by faith.

15:10 Now therefore why tempt ye God, to put a yoke upon the neck of the disciples [The Old Law], which neither our fathers nor we were able to bear?

15:11 But we believe that through the grace of the LORD Jesus Christ we shall be saved, even as they.

Now can we stop this nonsense about following the OT law please.

Why temp ye God?

Ladies and Gentlemen...I'd like to present.....

THE APOSTLE PAUL

(**round of applause**)

5:1 Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us
free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage. [The Old Law]

5:2 Behold, I Paul say unto you, that if ye be circumcised, Christ shall profit you nothing.

5:3 For I testify again to every man that is circumcised, that he is a
debtor to do the whole law.

5:4 Christ is become of no effect unto you, whosoever of you are
justified by the law; ye are fallen from grace.

Capiche?

We do not look to the old law ANYMORE. Just Christ and LOVE.

Now can we stop this nonsense about following the OT law please.

Why temp ye God?

You may think that 80% of God's Word (the Old Testament) is "nonsense" and that we can safely discard it, but maybe the rest of us don't.

Ladies and Gentlemen...I'd like to present.....

THE APOSTLE PAUL

(**round of applause**)

5:1 Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us
free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage. [The Old Law]

5:2 Behold, I Paul say unto you, that if ye be circumcised, Christ shall profit you nothing.

5:3 For I testify again to every man that is circumcised, that he is a
debtor to do the whole law.

5:4 Christ is become of no effect unto you, whosoever of you are
justified by the law; ye are fallen from grace.

Capiche?

We do not look to the old law ANYMORE. Just Christ and LOVE.

Too bad the context of this is for salvation and not model living.

computer programs have minimum requirements and recommended requirements. Why do you wish to get by on the minimum?

You posted that scripture from Acts, and for a certainty it is true: But you completely avoided replying directly to what I posted in that very same chapter:

They (the apostles) conclude that gentiles should abstain from idols and from blood and from fornication and from things strangled.

Eating rare meat and meat that comes from an animal which has been strangled to death is forbidden in acts and is a direct adoption of Old Testament Law.

How do you explain this away?

Acts 15:19-21

Wherefore my sentence is, that we trouble not them, which from among the Gentiles are turned to God:

But that we write unto them, that they abstain from pollutions of idols, and [from] fornication, and [from] things strangled, and [from] blood.

For Moses of old time hath in every city them that preach him, being read in the synagogues every sabbath day.

Acts 15:28-29

For it seemed good to the Holy Ghost, and to us, to lay upon you no greater burden than these necessary things;

That ye abstain from meats offered to idols, and from blood, and from things strangled, and from fornication: from which if ye keep yourselves, ye shall do well. Fare ye well.

Acts 21:25

As touching the Gentiles which believe, we have written and concluded that they observe no such thing, save only that they keep themselves from things offered to idols, and from blood, and from strangled, and from fornication.

That is THREE times in Acts we are commanded to abstain from bloody and from strangled meat. What is the basis of this? Does it interfere with loving your neighbor as your self? No. Does it interfere with loving the LORD your God with all of your heart soul and might? Apparently so. If you love him, you will keep his commandments.

You may think that 80% of God's Word (the Old Testament) is "nonsense" and that we can safely discard it, but maybe the rest of us don't.

Hehehehe twist thy words and bear false witness and you will be judged accordingly by God.

FOLLOWING the laws of the OT is nonsense! Nice try.

Go ahead.....follow the Old Law. But that will bring the wrath of God onto you. You can argue with Paul about it.

I'll go with Grace.

Too bad the context of this is for salvation and not model living. (So what are we talking about here?? The ESSENTIALS!! Duh!....model living?? Is that why your here? To show us how to live our lives even if it has no consequence at all to our salvation?)

computer programs have minimum requirements and recommended requirements. Why do you wish to get by on the minimum? (Becasue its FREE! Why would you want to bog your self down in all the regulations when it HAS NO CONSEQUENCE on your soul??)

You posted that scripture from Acts, and for a certainty it is true: But you completely avoided replying directly to what I posted in that very same chapter:
(Well because its irrelevant thats why)

They (the apostles) conclude that gentiles should abstain from idols (Covered by Jesus' 1st commandment) and from blood (Doesnt matter...just advice) and from fornication (Covered by Jesus' 1st and 2nd Commandments) and from things strangled.

Eating rare meat and meat that comes from an animal which has been strangled to death is forbidden in acts and is a direct adoption of Old Testament Law.

How do you explain this away?

How do I explain it????......um.....great advice....dont eat blood...fine....if you eat blood its probably gonna make you sick. If Jesus doesnt like it then I wont do it (commandment #1). Is that a LAW that you follow to please God. Cos you know what? Thats Justification through WORKS. And Christ HATES that! He gave us free grace.

That is THREE times in Acts we are commanded to abstain from bloody and from strangled meat. What is the basis of this? Does it interfere with loving your neighbor as your self? No. Does it interfere with loving the LORD your God with all of your heart soul and might? Apparently so. If you love him, you will keep his commandments.

No problem. I love Christ. If I know of something obvious that He hates from reading the Gospels I wont do it. BUT NOT BECASUE I'M KEEPING OLD JEWISH LAW!! I'M DOING IT BECASUE I LOVE HIM!!

What are we even arguing about here?

Let me ask you Ashua. You think we should be keeping written laws?

Ok I want you to list ALL the laws you want us to keep.

Ok I want you to list here on this thread EVERY SINGLE LAW that we should be keeping.

For someone who calls himself a Jew, you sure don't know a lot about Judaism. Jews were never saved by following the Law. They were saved by grace through faith, just like we are. You condemn the Law but, by your own admission, you have never read it. Maybe you should do a bit of research so you know what you're talking about. If you truely believe that you have no reason to do such research and read the Old Testament, then here are two reasons for you:
1.The New Testament is built on top of the Old Testament. Trying to understand the New Testament without first understandint the Old, is like trying to learn long division without first learning how to count.
2.You can't teach what you don't know. If you're going to try to teach others, you really should learn things yourself first.

For someone who calls himself a Jew, you sure don't know a lot about Judaism. Jews were never saved by following the Law. They were saved by grace through faith, just like we are. You condemn the Law but, by your own admission, you have never read it. Maybe you should do a bit of research so you know what you're talking about. If you truely believe that you have no reason to do such research and read the Old Testament, then here are two reasons for you:

1. The New Testament is built on top of the Old Testament. Trying to understand the New Testament without first understandint the Old, is like trying to learn long division without first learning how to count.
  2. You can't teach what you don't know. If you're going to try to teach others, you really should learn things yourself first.

Oh please.

So my 8 year old son needs to study the Old Testament in order to follow and understand Jesus Christ? That is POPPYCOCK!

Why do you tempt God by attempting to Judaize?

You are exactly the kind of person Paul was warning against in Galatains:::

2:4 And that because of false brethren unawares brought in, who came in privily to spy out our liberty which we have in Christ Jesus, that they might bring us into bondage:

Why do you want to bring us into the bondage of the Old Law??
Or are you unawares brought in? I think you are are unawares because I trust your face.

Repent now and God will be merciful.

Oh please.

So my 8 year old son needs to study the Old Testament in order to follow and understand Jesus Christ? That is POPPYCOCK!

Why do you tempt God by attempting to Judaize?

You are exactly the kind of person Paul was warning against in Galatains:::

2:4 And that because of false brethren unawares brought in, who came in privily to spy out our liberty which we have in Christ Jesus, that they might bring us into bondage:

Why do you want to bring us into the bondage of the Old Law??
Or are you unawares brought in? I think you are are unawares because I trust your face.

Repent now and God will be merciful.

First of all, I was not aware that we were talking about your 8 year old son. Maybe you haven't realized it, but your level of maturity and understanding should be somewhat higher than his. I don't ask 8 year olds to understand all the details of what the Old Testament says, but I do expect more from adults than from children.

Secondly, what about my other point? I notice that you don't address it at all. Do you feel that you are qualified to teach the rest of us about what our views of the Old Testament should be, when you don't even know what it says? Should you not read it so that you at least know what you are condemning and why?

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back