Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Jesus Christ Claims to be Yahweh - John 8:23-25

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Those who claim they are Christians yet don’t believe CHRIST is GOD in the flesh (EMANUEL) ;
If you claim CHRIST is not GOD in the flesh than you are even deeper in trouble for you break the 1st commandment of ‘not having any other god before ME’. For the whole of Christianity is worship of CHRIST and have HIM over your head and as shield of Ephesians 6; not some cloth Vail that does absolutely nothing. CHRIST as our shield protecting against the fiery darts of Satan; we haven’t seen anything yet for antichrist and his 7k fallen cronies are coming back de-facto picking up right where they left off.

1st commandment “thou shall have no other GOD before me”! We as Christians worship CHRIST who was GOD in the flesh; they have 1 spirit-The HOLY SPIRIT. GOD did not ask us to do anything HE HIMSELF wasn’t willing to do, and did with EMANUEL -‘(GOD with us)’ even from very beginning and even before that in 1st age. If you say CHRIST is not GOD than you are committing adultery against GOD who is a jealous GOD, for the whole of Christianity is worshiping CHRIST.
Simple question if you share one spirit than are you one? There is not a separate SPIRIT between GOD the FATHER and the SON, CHRIST, they are 1, with 1 SPIRIT. The whole of Old Testament is about the coming MESSIAH from the Garden of Eden where ‘The TREE of LIFE’ was and even the very first Words where the LIGHT moved over the earth is about CHRIST. The whole of New Testament is about CHRIST 1st advent and 2nd advent and in the millennium and beyond. I can go through the whole OT where in Abraham’s time HE was Melchisedec=KING of the righteousness; to Heb 7:2 To whom also Abraham gave a tenth part of all; first being by interpretation King of righteousness, and after that also King of Salem, which is, King of peace;

There is only one KING of peace. Gen 14:18 And Melchizedek king of Salem brought forth bread and wine: and he was the priest of the most high God.

Gen 14:19 And he blessed him, and said, Blessed be Abram of the most high God, possessor of heaven and earth:
Abraham would of only tithe to GOD HIMSELF being the most righteous of his times and beyond.

The one true PRIEST forever; KING of kings, LORD of lords. An all righteous, pure GOD; GOD cannot look on flesh with out HIS Shekinah glory instantly vaporizing (consuming fire) the flesh because it is as filthy rags. But GOD wanted to be with HIS children, leading, guiding them only to have HIM rejected over and over. HE loves being with those who choose to love HIM so HE comes playing different roles just as Satan does. with only 1 SPIRIT never forsaking us. CHRIST is GOD; 1 SPIRIT; 1 GOD! GOD is fair and righteous with every negative a positive. This way when White Throne judgement comes no one can say HE wasn't fair; and is why HE will not intervene in those with free wills, life unless they ask.
You just said so yourself, there is no other God but YHWH. Jesus isn't YHWH.

Jesus isn't YHWH anywhere in the Bible.

Psalm 110​
1The LORD[YHWH] said to my Lord:[Jesus]
“Sit at My right hand​
until I make Your enemies​
a footstool for Your feet.”​

Psalm 2​
7I will proclaim the decree​
spoken to Me by the LORD:[YHWH]
“You are My Son;[Jesus]
today I have become Your Father.[YHWH]

Isaiah 28​
16So this is what the Lord GOD[YHWH] says:​
“See, I lay a stone in Zion,​
a tested stone,​
a precious cornerstone,[Jesus] a sure foundation;​
the one who believes will never be shaken.​

Isaiah 42​
1“Here is My[YHWH] Servant,[Jesus] whom I uphold,​
My Chosen One,[Jesus] in whom My soul[YHWH] delights.​
I will put My Spirit[YHWH] on Him,[Jesus]
and He will bring justice to the nations.​

Isaiah 53​
10Yet it was the LORD’s[YHWH] will to crush Him[Jesus]
and to cause Him to suffer;​
and when His soul is made a guilt offering.​
He will see His offspring, He will prolong His days,​
and the good pleasure of the LORD will prosper in His hand.​

Micah 5​
4He will stand and shepherd His flock[Jesus]
in the strength of the LORD,​
in the majestic name of the LORD His God.[YHWH]
And they will dwell securely,​
for then His greatness will extend​
to the ends of the earth.​

And the list goes on and on. There are over 6,000 examples of Jesus not being YHWH. Jesus isn't God. For YHWH alone is God.

Acts 3​
13The God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, the God of our fathers,[YHWH] has glorified His servant Jesus.

Thanks for your comments.

Thanks for the long reply. :thumb
I don't have any favorite manuscript or text, as in Nestle-Aland, or Westcott and Hort. I usually look at all of the evidence, mainly the quotes in the early Church Fathers, and ancient Versions, like the Old Latin, Syriac, etc.

If I may, how do you trace actual textual quotes or references in the early fathers? Also, are there online sources you use in tracing Old Latin and Syriac? If not, can you recommend what to purchase in hardcover? It's been awhile since I increased my library, but that stuff would be useful.
A good example is 1 Timothy 3:16, where the Greek Codices, Sinaiticus and Vaticanus read "ὃς (Who)", and the 5th century Alexandrinus, is said to be "θεὸς", by some who examined it, and others, "ὃς". When I had the opportunity to examine this manuscript in the British library some 30 years ago, using a microscope, I did see the lines in the contracted form. which would mean "θεὸς".

Much before the time of these manuscripts, which are the works of copyists, the earlier Church Fathers are very interesting and important.

As early as Ignatius, Bishop of Antioch (AD 35-107), the reading θεὸς was the original in 1 Timothy 3:16. In at least 2 places in his Letter to the Ephesians, he writes: “God come in the flesh” (εν σαρκι γενομενοϛ Θεοϛ; Loeb Classical Library, The Apostolic Fathers, Vol. 1, chapter 7, pp. 226, 227); and in chapter 19, “God became manifest in a human way” (Θεου ανθρωπινωϛ ϕανερουμενου, ibid, pp. 238, 239). Clearly references to 1 Timothy 3:16. In chapter 1 of this Letter, Ignatius writes, "εν αιματι Θεου", (by the blood of God). This can only have been a reference to Acts 20:28, “Church of God, which He purchased by His own blood”.

Amazing.
In the next century, we have the theologian Hippolytus (170-236), in his work against the heretic, Noetus, write:

“And even as He was preached then, in the same manner also did He come and manifest Himself, being by the Virgin and the Holy Spirit made a new man; for in that He had the heavenly (nature) of the Father, as the Word and the earthly (nature), as taking to Himself the flesh from the old Adam by the medium of the Virgin, He now, coming forth into the world, was manifested as God in a body, coming forth too as a perfect man. For it was not in mere appearance or by conversion, but in truth, that He became man.” (ANF05. Fathers of the Third Century, sec, 17)

Also amazing. :thumb
Not only do we have the early testimony of Ignatius, and Hippolytus, for the reading "Θεοϛ", (a) Gregory Thaumaturgus (213-270); (b) Didymus (313-398); (c) Gregory of Nyssa (330-395), who quotes this text 22 times with Θεοϛ!; (d) Chrysostom (347-407); (e) Cyril Alex. (died 444); (f) Theodoret (393-458); (g) Apollinarius (310-390, heretic!). Here, we have the testimony of writers (all Greek) from the first, to the fifth century, who found Θεοϛ in their copies of 1 Timothy 3:16! The heretic Origen (185-254), who taught that Jesus Christ was a created being, is the earliest quote of ὃς, though in a Latin translation of his work.

Is this your own work, or did you build on the work of others here?

Thanks again for the replies. It's excellent.

If I may, how do you trace actual textual quotes or references in the early fathers? Also, are there online sources you use in tracing Old Latin and Syriac? If not, can you recommend what to purchase in hardcover? It's been awhile since I increased my library, but that stuff would be useful.

Amazing.

It may be questioned whether any Ante-nicene father distinctly affirms either the numerical Unity or the Coequality of the Three Persons; except perhaps the heterodox Tertullian, and that chiefly in a work written after he had become a Montanist” - pp 17-18, Cardinal Newman, The Development of Christian Doctrine.

And as even many trinitarian scholars and historians of today admit, the very first writers (the “Apostolic Fathers” who wrote from the time of the Apostles up to about 150 A. D.) made no changes in the understanding of God. In fact, even when changes began to be made in the latter half of the second century, Christ was still not considered equal to God (who was the Father alone). And the trinity concept wasn’t developed until the 4th century (325) when in Nicaea a partial such doctrine was first forced upon the church by a Roman Emperor. The completed doctrine was further forced upon the church in the late 4th century (381) by another Roman Emperor (see the HIST study) and has completely dominated Christendom ever since.

Of all the thousands of NT manuscript copies which still exist today there are only a very small number (mostly fragments) which are not from this completely trinitarian-dominated time period (381 A.D. to present). Any changes made by copyists in this time period would, obviously, be trinitarian changes! And it is well known that from 325 A. D. (when the emperor, who presided over the Nicene council, and his trinitarian advisors had the anti-trinitarians banished and persecuted and their anti-trinitarian writings burned - see the HIST study) onward the Roman church began systematically destroying (and changing) writings and manuscripts which were considered non-trinitarian or otherwise “heretical”!

There are other problems associated with the existing copies of the writings of these very early Christians.

First, unlike the writings of Holy Scripture, there are very few existing manuscripts of the writings of the first Christians. For many of these writers there are only one or two manuscripts available, and they are often of relatively late date (many hundreds of years after the original was composed). In other words, instead of having the original words of the ancient writers themselves, we have copies of copies, etc. many times over. Justin Martyr’s important ‘Dialogue with Trypho,’ for example, exists only in a copy made over a thousand years after the original was written.

Second, the copyists very often did not take the same care or have the same reverence for these manuscripts as they did for the scriptures themselves. They would sometimes change the wording and even add their own thoughts and beliefs to the original writings in order to provide greater authority for these beliefs in an attempt to persuade others.

Furthermore, the manuscripts of the Church Fathers have suffered the usual transcriptional modifications to which all ancient manuscripts were subject; this was especially true for Biblical passages where the tendency of scribes was to accommodate readings to the Byzantine textual tradition.” - p. xxxvi, The Greek New Testament, United Bible Societies (1971 ed.) [The Byzantine textual tradition is of relatively late date and very trinitarian. - RDB]

Fortunately, there are thousands of manuscripts of NT Scripture remaining today (some of quite early date) which can be compared. This helps greatly in the process of determining what the original writings most likely were.

It should be no surprise, then, that there are a great number of changes, additions, deletions, etc. to be found in the very few remaining (mostly late date) manuscripts of the non-scriptural writings of the earliest Christian writings, and they are almost impossible to isolate and positively identify because of the extreme rarity of still existent manuscripts for comparison.

Third, since trinitarians have ruled the world of Christendom in every way, politically, economically, numerically (99% of all professing Christians even today are trinitarian), etc. for over 1600 years now, it should not be too surprising that trinitarians are the ones who have written the modern translations of the existing manuscript copies of these ancient writers. And these trinitarian translators have written their translations for trinitarian publishers who publish for a trinitarian market! Surely we wouldn’t expect them to translate an ambiguous or vague passage (and the trinitarian translators themselves have admitted that these writings are full of such passages) in a non-trinitarian way if they could find another (even if much less probable), trinitarian, interpretation. (They even admit that they have purposely done so. See Preface, Vol. 5, ANF)

“It is hard to avoid the conclusion that the Christian theologians of the second and third centuries, even theologians of the rank of Origen...came to see the Logos [the Word, Christ] as a god of second rank.” - The Encyclopedia of Religion, Macmillan Publ., 1987, Vol. 9, p. 15.

But when trinitarian translators find Jesus called theos (“a god”) in these earliest writings, they most often translate it as “God” instead!

So, after more than 1500 years of trinitarian dominance, redefinition, rewording, and selective translating, it should not be surprising that the trinitarian translations of the existing copies of the manuscripts of those early Christian writers will at times appear trinitarian. What would be very surprising would be, given the above conditions, that there would be any support for a non-trinitarian doctrine still left in modern trinitarian translations of the writings of these earliest Christians!

Now let's see if any of that truth still remains in the trinitarian-reworked letters of the Apostolic Fathers and the Ante-Nicene Fathers.

Trinitarian scholar, minister, and missionary, H. R. Boer admits: The very first Christians to really discuss Jesus’ relationship to God in their writings were the Apologists.

“Justin and the other Apologists therefore taught that the Son is a creature. He is a high creature, a creature powerful enough to create the world, but nevertheless, a creature. In theology this relationship of the Son to the Father is called Subordinationism. The Son is subordinate, that is, secondary to, dependent upon, and caused by the Father.” - p. 110, A Short History of the Early Church, Eerdmans (trinitarian), 1976.

Other respected trinitarian scholars agree.

“Before the Council of Nicaea (AD 325) all theologians viewed the Son as in one way or another subordinate to the Father.”112-113, Eerdman’s Handbook to the History of Christianity (trinitarian), 1977; and p. 114, The History of Christianity, A Lion Handbook, Lion Publishing, 1990 revised ed.

“The formulation ‘One God in three persons’ was not solidly established, certainly not fully assimilated into Christian life and its profession of faith prior to the end of the 4th century. But it is precisely this formulation that has first claim to the title the Trinitarian Dogma. Among the Apostolic Fathers [those very first Christians who had known and been taught by the Apostles and their disciples], there had been nothing even remotely approaching such a mentality or perspective.” - New Catholic Encyclopedia, p. 299, v. 14, 1967.

Alvan Lamson is especially straightforward:

“The modern popular doctrine of the Trinity ... derives no support from the language of Justin [Martyr]: and this observation may be extended to all the ante-Nicene Fathers; that is, to all Christian writers for three centuries after the birth of Christ. It is true, they speak of the Father, Son, and ... Holy Spirit, but not as co-equal, not as one numerical essence, not as Three in One, in any sense now admitted by Trinitarians. The very reverse is the fact.” - Alvan Lamson, The Church of the First Three Centuries.

It may be questioned whether any Ante-nicene father distinctly affirms either the numerical Unity or the Coequality of the Three Persons; except perhaps the heterodox Tertullian, and that chiefly in a work written after he had become a Montanist” - pp 17-18, Cardinal Newman, The Development of Christian Doctrine.

And as even many trinitarian scholars and historians of today admit, the very first writers (the “Apostolic Fathers” who wrote from the time of the Apostles up to about 150 A. D.) made no changes in the understanding of God. In fact, even when changes began to be made in the latter half of the second century, Christ was still not considered equal to God (who was the Father alone). And the trinity concept wasn’t developed until the 4th century (325) when in Nicaea a partial such doctrine was first forced upon the church by a Roman Emperor. The completed doctrine was further forced upon the church in the late 4th century (381) by another Roman Emperor (see the HIST study) and has completely dominated Christendom ever since.

Of all the thousands of NT manuscript copies which still exist today there are only a very small number (mostly fragments) which are not from this completely trinitarian-dominated time period (381 A.D. to present). Any changes made by copyists in this time period would, obviously, be trinitarian changes

Hello again, Tigger.

With all due respect to your view, my problem with it is that it presumes God is not strong enough, wise enough or powerful enough to preserve His true word. I can't put much faith behind that view, as it makes Him rather impotent IMO, and incapable of preserving an accurate gospel for the world. That seems an illogical conclusion to come to regarding the Most High God. It seems more logical that the enemy would come in after the fact, many hundreds of years later, and attempt to pervert things long after the fact.

I appreciate your response, but there are a number of positions I've seen presented that also possessed this common flaw, and I simply can't reconcile it with the True and Living God having an interest in wanting to save the world, being All-Powerful, and yet somehow being unable to preserve an accurate presentation of His word for the masses for any more than a couple hundred years.

Blessings in Christ,
Hidden in Him

I simply can't reconcile it with the True and Living God having an interest in wanting to save the world, being All-Powerful, and yet somehow being unable to preserve an accurate presentation of His word for the masses for any more than a couple hundred years.

Who is His Word For ?
Jesus definitely said Jesus spoke in parables
for reason(s) the disciples themselves did not understand until it was granted to them by Jesus and the Father.
So listeners would not understand,
so listeners would not repent,
so listeners would not turn to the Father and be healed(saved).

Who is His Word For ?
Jesus definitely said Jesus spoke in parables
for reason(s) the disciples themselves did not understand until it was granted to them by Jesus and the Father.
So listeners would not understand,
so listeners would not repent,
so listeners would not turn to the Father and be healed(saved).

I fully understand this principle, and it actually came to mind in writing the previous post. But while increasing revelation is reserved only for those who draw close to the Lord, He nevertheless wanted and still wants the entire world to have the opportunity to come to Him, and that only happens if His word is accurately preserved and then distributed throughout the earth.

I appreciate your response, but there are a number of positions I've seen presented that also possessed this common flaw, and I simply can't reconcile it with the True and Living God having an interest in wanting to save the world, being All-Powerful, and yet somehow being unable to preserve an accurate presentation of His word for the masses for any more than a couple hundred years.
What God can do and what He won't do are not always the same thing, yet it doesn't diminish His power. He could have stopped the problem in the garden, rather than placing Adam near a dangerous tree, but He didn't. Why? Because God allows us to make our choices. People can alter the Biblical manuscripts and God apparently won't stop them anymore than He intervened in allowing the first people to plunge the world into sin.

The Bible says that there are THREE distinct Persons Who are equally Almighty God, in the One Eternal Godhead or Divine Nature

Is this what you believe, or are you Oneness?

Thanks for your post.

Please share the scripture that says what you claim.

I happen to believe as you do, but we need to give scripture for what we believe.

The following scripture is just one of many that I share, however it doesn't necessarily say...
there are THREE distinct Persons Who are equally Almighty God, in the One Eternal Godhead or Divine Nature

For there are three that bear witness in heaven: the Father, the Word, and the Holy Spirit; and these three are one. 1 John 5:7

JLB

Amazing.

There is some very good free Bible software available to download, like e-sword, the Word, etc. You can also get many study books from archive.org in pdf format. I have many Greek New Testaments from there, that have variant reading of the texts, like Tischendorf, Tregelles, Alford, Lachmann, etc. I also have the Logos Bible software and Bibleworks. I used to have a book library of some 300-400 books, but now have them all as ebooks

All what I post is from my own personal research using the various resources that I have. The main thing being the guiding of the Holy Spirit to get a better understanding

Thanks for your post.

Please share the scripture that says what you claim.

I happen to believe as you do, but we need to give scripture for what we believe.

The following scripture is just one of many that I share, however it doesn't necessarily say...
there are THREE distinct Persons Who are equally Almighty God, in the One Eternal Godhead or Divine Nature

For there are three that bear witness in heaven: the Father, the Word, and the Holy Spirit; and these three are one. 1 John 5:7

JLB

1 John 5:7 is I believe the Original what the Apostle John wrote, but was removed by those who oppose and reject the Teaching of the Trinity

The Greek reads,

“ὅτι τρεῖς εἰσιν οἱ μαρτυροῦντες εν τῷ οὐρανῷ, ὁ πατήρ, ὁ λόγος, καὶ τὸ Ἅγιον Πνεῦμα· καὶ οὗτοι οἱ τρεῖς ἕν εἰσιν”

Here we have the Three distinct Persons, "THE Father, THE Word, and THE Holy Spirit", the Greek articles here show that they are not one and the same Person. We also have the “τρεις εισιν οι μαρτυρουντες”, which is in the masculine plural, which cannot refer to one Person. We then see that these THREE distinct Persons, and ONE in "nature", which the neuter "ἕν", tells us, "One thing"

John uses very similar language in his Gospel

"ἐγὼ καὶ ὁ πατὴρ ἕν ἐσμεν" (10:30), literally in English, "I and the Father one We are"

We have the neuter "ἕν", as in 1 John 5:7, and the masculine plural, "ἐσμεν", which cannot refer to One Person.
The "unity" Jesus speaks of here, is more than just "agreement", as it is clear from verse 28 and 29, that Jesus says He has the SAME POWER as the Father does, "no one will snatch them out of My hand...no one is able to snatch them out of the Father's hand". Only as Almighty God, could Jesus have said this.

In Matthew 28:19 we have the Three distinct Persons, Who have the One Name, in the singular, which no doubt is YHWH.

Both Testaments Teach that there are THREE distinct Persons, Who are equally YHWH, and that there is One GOD

Psalm 110​
1The LORD[YHWH] said to my Lord:[Jesus]
“Sit at My right hand​
until I make Your enemies​
a footstool for Your feet.”​

Psalm 2​
7I will proclaim the decree​
spoken to Me by the LORD:[YHWH]
“You are My Son;[Jesus]
today I have become Your Father.[YHWH]

Isaiah 28​
16So this is what the Lord GOD[YHWH] says:​
“See, I lay a stone in Zion,​
a tested stone,​
a precious cornerstone,[Jesus] a sure foundation;​
the one who believes will never be shaken.​

Isaiah 42​
1“Here is My[YHWH] Servant,[Jesus] whom I uphold,​
My Chosen One,[Jesus] in whom My soul[YHWH] delights.​
I will put My Spirit[YHWH] on Him,[Jesus]
and He will bring justice to the nations.​

Isaiah 53​
10Yet it was the LORD’s[YHWH] will to crush Him[Jesus]
and to cause Him to suffer;​
and when His soul is made a guilt offering.​
He will see His offspring, He will prolong His days,​
and the good pleasure of the LORD will prosper in His hand.​

Micah 5​
4He will stand and shepherd His flock[Jesus]
in the strength of the LORD,​
in the majestic name of the LORD His God.[YHWH]
And they will dwell securely,​
for then His greatness will extend​
to the ends of the earth.​

And the list goes on and on. There are over 6,000 examples of Jesus not being YHWH. Jesus isn't God. For YHWH alone is God.

Acts 3​
13The God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, the God of our fathers,[YHWH] has glorified His servant Jesus.
No wander you mis interpret the scripture if you read, I said any thing other than CHRIST is GOD come in the flesh.
GOD has many names and roles to play; just as Satan has many names and roles he plays. GOD a consuming fire cannot look on flesh without it consuming unless HE comes in the many forms HE has come in. CHRIST, SPIRIT of the LORD and so on, over and over. CHRIST EMANUEL is 'GOD with us' in the flesh. Came as a man to fulfill a specific role so humanity could have salvation, a LAMB to the slaughter. People try and confuse the unlearned for some reason or another when it is not that complicated. This turns off would be Christians and is antichrist. GOD tells us HE is who HE wants to be when HE wants to be. This was answer to Moses when Moses asked "who should I say sent me"? GOD tells HIM HIS sacred name " I am that I am" YHWH. HE also comes as ELOHIM=creator; CHRIST says if you seen me you seen the FATHER I am the Alpha and the Omega. There is only 1 HOLY SPIRIT always with CHRIST as HE is with GOD, 1 mind, 1 heart, 1 spirit.
I can go through all the names of GOD in HIS many roles a positive against Satan's negative. Satan was the tree of good and and evil because he was once good and became evil at the same time to counter act the negative A positive the "Tree of LIFE" .
The entity's were distinct roles played by GOD and are separated only in this flesh age. They were 1 in 1st age and will be 1 again when this final judgement is done! Only GOD could play these roles where time after time HE sent man, judges, prophets all rejected and then HE sent HIS SON -EMANUEL=GOD with us; and even HE was murdered, they have 1 SPIRIT meaning they are 1. Rev 21:22 And I saw no temple therein: for the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are the temple of it.
1 GODHEAD, GOD became flesh. Not difficult to understand, don't make it more complicated than it is. Read in the simplicity it is written. GOD is not trying to hide anything. There had to be a salvation and a perfect sacrifice could only suffice and only one that could play that role was GOD (ELOHIM) coming in the flesh EMANUEL the only one that was not created but the creator.

Last edited:
No wander you mis interpret the scripture if you read, I said any thing other than CHRIST is GOD come in the flesh.
1st commandment “thou shall have no other GOD before me”!
Good morning. I was referring to your quoting of the 1st commandment in which YHWH said “I am the LORD your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of slavery. You shall have no other gods before Me."

After that, I posted miscellaneous verses where Jesus is not YHWH.

The first commandment serves as our commandment to actually not deify Jesus.

As Jesus said of YHWH, the Father, He is the only true God. Our God as Christians is the Father just as Jesus' God is the Father, also known as YHWH.

John 17​
3Now this is eternal life, that they may know You,[Father] the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom You have sent.​
John 20​
17“Do not cling to Me,” Jesus said, “for I have not yet ascended to the Father. But go and tell My brothers, ‘I am ascending to My Father and your Father, to My God and your God.’ ”
As such, Jesus actually proved this in some of his many other teachings. On matters of prayer (Matthew 6:6,9), worship (John 4:23,24) , and fasting (Matthew 6:16-18) Jesus prescribed to Christians to not direct such things toward himself, but toward the Father.

God bless.

Good morning. I was referring to your quoting of the 1st commandment in which YHWH said “I am the LORD your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of slavery. You shall have no other gods before Me."

After that, I posted miscellaneous verses where Jesus is not YHWH.

The first commandment serves as our commandment to actually not deify Jesus.

As Jesus said of YHWH, the Father, He is the only true God. Our God as Christians is the Father just as Jesus' God is the Father, also known as YHWH.

John 17​
3Now this is eternal life, that they may know You,[Father] the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom You have sent.​
John 20​
17“Do not cling to Me,” Jesus said, “for I have not yet ascended to the Father. But go and tell My brothers, ‘I am ascending to My Father and your Father, to My God and your God.’ ”
As such, Jesus actually proved this in some of his many other teachings. On matters of prayer (Matthew 6:6,9), worship (John 4:23,24) , and fasting (Matthew 6:16-18) Jesus prescribed to Christians to not direct such things toward himself, but toward the Father.

God bless.
I guess I mis interpreted what you were saying.

Just as all who were born from above into this flesh age, have a flesh body, soul and a spirit. We were created in that image of GOD who in this age has A Spirit, CHRIST- HIS flesh body, Soul the Intellect that is GOD. In 1st age we didn't have a flesh body, we were Spirit (Ruach=breath of life bodies) just as GOD didn't who is spirit coming in the role of CHRIST. HE didn't ask us to do anything HE was not willing and to do, HE certainly did not have too, but HE loves HIS children that much that HE did.. CHRIST showed us how it can be done. The temptations of CHRIST HE showed us how to handle Satan by not arguing with him but rebuke him.

"And He said to them, “You are from beneath; I am from above. You are of this world; I am not of this world. Therefore I said to you that you will die in your sins for if you do not believe that I am, you will die in your sins. Then they said to Him, Who are You? And Jesus said to them, “Just what I have been saying to you from the beginning” (John 8:23-25)[/QUOTE\]

From my reading and studying of the scriptures, I don't believe that Just because Jesus said he lived in heaven before he came to mankind as a human being that makes him God or equal to God. Part of John 1:1 says, that in the beginning was the Word and the Word was with God. The Word is the only begotten Son of God. So yes the only begotten Son of God was in heaven with God before he came to mankind as a human being. However when the scriptures say the Word became flesh it's teaching me that the only begotten Son of God became human, because the Word is the only begotten Son of God.
So I will agree that the only begotten Son of God is a god, so he is divine, or a mighty god, but I disagree that the only begotten Son of God is the only True God or Almighty God. The only True God or Almighty God is the Father and God of the only begotten Son of God Jesus Christ.

Your claim is doctrinally unsound.

The revelation of the New Testament is summed up in this statement:
Jesus Christ is LORD; YHWH the LORD God

These things I write to you, though I hope to come to you shortly; but if I am delayed, I write so that you may know how you ought to conduct yourself in the house of God, (G2316) which is the church of the living God, (G2316) the pillar and ground of the truth. And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness:
God (G2316) was manifested in the flesh,
Justified in the Spirit,
Seen by angels,
Preached among the Gentiles,
Believed on in the world,
Received up in glory. 1 Timothy 3:14-16

1 Timothy 3-15-16 with Strongs.png

"And He said to them, “You are from beneath; I am from above. You are of this world; I am not of this world. Therefore I said to you that you will die in your sins for if you do not believe that I am, you will die in your sins. Then they said to Him, Who are You? And Jesus said to them, “Just what I have been saying to you from the beginning” (John 8:23-25)[/QUOTE\]

From my reading and studying of the scriptures, I don't believe that Just because Jesus said he lived in heaven before he came to mankind as a human being that makes him God or equal to God. Part of John 1:1 says, that in the beginning was the Word and the Word was with God.
And the last part says that “the Word was God,” which is to say, God in nature.

The Word is the only begotten Son of God. So yes the only begotten Son of God was in heaven with God before he came to mankind as a human being. However when the scriptures say the Word became flesh it's teaching me that the only begotten Son of God became human, because the Word is the only begotten Son of God.
Exactly.

So I will agree that the only begotten Son of God is a god, so he is divine, or a mighty god, but I disagree that the only begotten Son of God is the only True God or Almighty God. The only True God or Almighty God is the Father and God of the only begotten Son of God Jesus Christ.
Except that Yahweh himself says many times that he is the only God and there never will be another. The Son cannot be another god; there is no such other being. Besides, can you name one son that isn’t the same nature as his father?

Your claim is doctrinally unsound.

The revelation of the New Testament is summed up in this statement:
Jesus Christ is LORD; YHWH the LORD God

These things I write to you, though I hope to come to you shortly; but if I am delayed, I write so that you may know how you ought to conduct yourself in the house of God, (G2316) which is the church of the living God, (G2316) the pillar and ground of the truth. And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness:
God (G2316) was manifested in the flesh,
Justified in the Spirit,
Seen by angels,
Received up in glory. 1 Timothy 3:14-16

View attachment 16180
It's unfortunate that the one verse you keep quoting has been debunked by numerous Trinitarian theologians, referring to the best manuscripts of 1 Timothy 3:16 as saying "He who." The KJV's version of that verse is corrupted.

"God was manifest" is a later addition. Most will be kind enough to say it was a scribal error since that's plausible, but it could have also been a deliberate corruption to the scripture which is what the evidence shows. With something as important as who God and Jesus are, you should take this seriously.

Barnes' Notes:

"The words thus contracted were designated by a faint line or dash over them. In this place, therefore, if the original uncials (capitals) were ΘC, standing for Θεὸς Theos, "God," and the line in the Θ, and the faint line over it, were obliterated from any cause, it would easily be mistaken for OC - ὅς hos - "who."​
To ascertain which of these is the true reading, has been the great question; and it is with reference to this that the microscope has been resorted to in the examination of the Alexandrian manuscript. It is now generally admitted that the faint line "over" the word has been added by some later hand..."​

Bruce Metzger:

"[“He who”] is supported by the earliest and best uncials…no uncial (in the first hand) earlier than the eighth or ninth century supports theos; all ancient versions presuppose hos or ho [“he who” or “he”]; and no patristic writer prior to the last third of the fourth century testifies to the reading theos. The reading theos arose either(a) accidentally, or (b) deliberately, either to supply a substantive for the following six verbs [the six verbs that follow in the verse], or, with less probability, to provide greater dogmatic precision [i.e., to produce a verse that more clearly supports the Trinitarian position].”"​

1 Timothy 3
16By common confession, the mystery of godliness is great:
He appeared in the flesh,
was vindicated by the Spirit,
was seen by angels,
was proclaimed among the nations,
was believed in throughout the world,
was taken up in glory.

Last edited:
It's unfortunate that the one verse you keep quoting has been debunked by numerous Trinitarian theologians, referring to the best manuscripts of 1 Timothy 3:16 as saying "He who." The KJV's version of that verse is corrupted.

Sorry but this is not a verse.

It's context of several verses.

Why would you or anyone else believe that the word God (Theos) would change in meaning from one verse to the next.

Your whole theology seems to be based on "someone said" that that verse is corrupt.

These things I write to you, though I hope to come to you shortly; but if I am delayed, I write so that you may know how you ought to conduct yourself in the house of God, (Theos) which is the church of the living God, (Theos) the pillar and ground of the truth. And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness:
God (Theos) was manifested in the flesh,
Justified in the Spirit,
Seen by angels,
Received up in glory.
1 Timothy 3:14-16

JLB

From my reading and studying of the scriptures, I don't believe that Just because Jesus said he lived in heaven before he came to mankind as a human being that makes him God or equal to God. Part of John 1:1 says, that in the beginning was the Word and the Word was with God. The Word is the only begotten Son of God. So yes the only begotten Son of God was in heaven with God before he came to mankind as a human being. However when the scriptures say the Word became flesh it's teaching me that the only begotten Son of God became human, because the Word is the only begotten Son of God.

can you tell us on here, if you are a Jehovah's Witness, or like them? What "Christian" are you?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back