Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Jesus Christ THE FIRST and THE LAST

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
How about below where the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb (Jesus) are not the same person.

Revelation 21
22But I saw no temple in the city, because the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are its temple.
You are confusing the FATHER with GOD.
God is three Persons, in One. Jesus is God withOUT being the Father.
How can a mere man resurrect Lazarus from the dead??🤔

How can you insist on your Islamic view of Jesus when John 1:1 gives no credence to such a view??🤔
Why would Jesus be sinless, but NOT God?? This implies that anyone can be sinless!! Well, it doesn't, since Jesus IS GOD.
Jesus was God in a body. Today His post-body Name sticks.
HOW would a FINITE HUMAN pay an INFINITE PENALTY for ALL HUMANITYS SIN?? Answer: NOT.
ONLY a Infinite God could take on such a punishment.

Your seperations of God and Jesus are 100% ARBITRARY, and go to long reaches. :whirl

John 8:58 "Jesus said to them, “Truly, truly I say to you, before Abraham was born, I am.”"
How can a human be eternal?? If Jesus isn't God why is He using God's Name or Title that He used in the Burning Bush?🤔🤔

if He is not God then why is He/His/Him/My, when referring to Jesus, uppercased in NASB and other versions??
Apparently you know more than the Bible's translators!! 🙄

For the record, I am not a JW nor have had any JW influencers. They actually say Jesus was an angel in his pre-existent state, but I say Jesus is a glorified man who pre-existed figuratively in God's plan and foreknowledge.

However, there is actually a decent amount of Biblical support for the "Jesus is an angel" theory, though I am not sold on it. Probably one of the best proof-texts I've seen for this is in Revelation.

If you will read Revelation 22:8-12, it begins with an angel or messenger being introduced who denies being the God who is worthy of worship. The narrative continues until verse 12 when suddenly without any introduction Jesus is talking, saying he is the "Alpha and omega." It follows logically that this angel or messenger who denied being God is Jesus in the context. That's just my commentary on that. I'll have to look into it more and pray about it.
What a reach. Jesus accepted worship when Thomas said "My Lord and my God". It doesn't logically follow, it is fully illogical. That angel was just an angel, NOT the One Who died to save us. Just more Islamization of Jesus.

What a reach. Jesus accepted worship when Thomas said "My Lord and my God". It doesn't logically follow, it is fully illogical. That angel was just an angel, NOT the One Who died to save us. Just more Islamization of Jesus.
In John 20:17 Jesus said the God of his brothers, i.e., Thomas is the Father. In John 20:28 when Thomas said "my God" it follows Thomas is referring to the Father. Jesus wasn't being worshipped as God.

You are confusing the FATHER with GOD.
The Father isn't God despite Him being referred to as such repeatedly? By your own metric, if one is confusing Father with God then why can't one confuse the Son with God too? Maybe that's what you're doing?

God is three Persons, in One. Jesus is God withOUT being the Father.
How can a mere man resurrect Lazarus from the dead??🤔
I'll give you a chance to quote a verse or passage that says that. After that it's my turn show you God is one person.

How can you insist on your Islamic view of Jesus when John 1:1 gives no credence to such a view??🤔
I am not sure what you are saying is an Islamic view of Jesus. Was it me saying Jesus is a mesenger and prophet? That's Biblical.

Acts 3
22For Moses said, ‘The Lord your God will raise up for you a prophet like me from among your brothers. You must listen to Him in everything He tells you.

Why would Jesus be sinless, but NOT God?? This implies that anyone can be sinless!! Well, it doesn't, since Jesus IS GOD.
The Bible commands people to not sin. What you have is called a non sequitur. Your conclusion seems to be that after God told people not to sin that God gave them an unachievable stumbling block. Jesus proved otherwise. Adam also was sinless until he wasn't.

Jesus was God in a body. Today His post-body Name sticks.
Verse?

HOW would a FINITE HUMAN pay an INFINITE PENALTY for ALL HUMANITYS SIN?? Answer: NOT.
That's what happened according to 1 Peter 2:24.

Do you believe God died?
If Jesus didn't die then only a human body died?
Where did the real Jesus go?
Who or what died exactly in your belief system.

ONLY a Infinite God could take on such a punishment.
So God died then?

Your seperations of God and Jesus are 100% ARBITRARY, and go to long reaches.
Prove it then. So far I honestly don't think you have said anything to show otherwise.

John 8:58 "Jesus said to them, “Truly, truly I say to you, before Abraham was born, I am.”"
How can a human be eternal?? If Jesus isn't God why is He using God's Name or Title that He used in the Burning Bush?🤔🤔
According to Acts 3:13 and Exodus 3:14,15 Jesus is not the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob but the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob is the I AM. Therefore Jesus isn't God.

if He is not God then why is He/His/Him/My, when referring to Jesus, uppercased in NASB and other versions??
Translators preference and bias. There was not letter casing in the Greek.

Apparently you know more than the Bible's translators!! 🙄
See above.

The Father isn't God despite Him being referred to as such repeatedly? By your own metric, if one is confusing Father with God then why can't one confuse the Son with God too? Maybe that's what you're doing?

I'll give you a chance to quote a verse or passage that says that. After that it's my turn show you God is one person.

I am not sure what you are saying is an Islamic view of Jesus. Was it me saying Jesus is a mesenger and prophet? That's Biblical.

Acts 3
22For Moses said, ‘The Lord your God will raise up for you a prophet like me from among your brothers. You must listen to Him in everything He tells you.

The Bible commands people to not sin. What you have is called a non sequitur. Your conclusion seems to be that after God told people not to sin that God gave them an unachievable stumbling block. Jesus proved otherwise. Adam also was sinless until he wasn't.

Verse?

That's what happened according to 1 Peter 2:24.

Do you believe God died?
If Jesus didn't die then only a human body died?
Where did the real Jesus go?
Who or what died exactly in your belief system.

So God died then?

Prove it then. So far I honestly don't think you have said anything to show otherwise.

According to Acts 3:13 and Exodus 3:14,15 Jesus is not the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob but the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob is the I AM. Therefore Jesus isn't God.

Translators preference and bias. There was not letter casing in the Greek.

See above.
Both the Son and the Father are God.
Think of 3 people in a family. The dad and son are both family, but they are not each other

Says what? that Jesus resurrected Lazarus?

No, not that. That you belittle Jesus!
I have a Q for you: is worshipping or praying to Jesus idolatry, with your logic? the muslims think so.

Just because Jesus was also a prophet DOES NOT MEAN that that is ALL that He was. Apparently you fail to realize that God can take on MANY ROLES!! What a failure!

"The Bible commands people to not sin. What you have is called a non sequitur. Your conclusion seems to be that after God told people not to sin that God gave them an unachievable stumbling block. Jesus proved otherwise. Adam also was sinless until he wasn't"
What part of my post do you address??

Verse: Matthew 1:23

No, that was GOD bearing the penalty of our sin. I noticed that you didnt address how.

God's supernatural Self did not die, but His body sure did! God is omnipotent.
It is unknown - and we dont need to know where He went.

God's body died. But God experienced the immense pain. And you "spit" on His sacrifice by denying Him!

Speaking of denying, how could a mere man, ON-THE-FLY, predict that Peter would DENY Him three times??
When was the last time a prophet predicted something without going in private to speak with God, i.e. on the fly??

Yes I did. Reread my posts. This time without antiChrist bias. Also, the burden of proof is also on the one defending against "arbitrary".

Acts and Exodus do not help your case. You cannot get over the John 8:58 hurdle! Lol!

I wonder, will you accept truth, or will you still insist that God is a lone wolf?
Explain Jesus' Baptism?? if God is 1 Person explain it? All three Persons of the Trinity were there.

Well clearly the translators were a LOT less biased.

Do you believe that we can have a relationship with God, or not?

In John 20:17 Jesus said the God of his brothers, i.e., Thomas is the Father. In John 20:28 when Thomas said "my God" it follows Thomas is referring to the Father. Jesus wasn't being worshipped as God.
Jesus was Thomas' God. That is evident in the verse, don't know where you got "referring to the Father" from (besides antiChrist teachings).

And you admit that there is a Father. So how can Jesus be God's Son, SINGULAR, but not God?

And you might reference the angels and humans. But they are creatED beings. And there are many.

3 Christian theology each of the three modes of being of God, namely the Father, the Son, or the Holy Ghost, who together constitute the Trinity.
God doesn't exist in 3 modes. From Theopedia
Modalism, also called Sabellianism, is the unorthodox belief that God is one person who has revealed himself in three forms or modes incontrast to the Trinitarian doctrine where God is one being eternally existing in three persons.

The rest of the article:

God doesn't exist in 3 modes. From Theopedia
Modalism, also called Sabellianism, is the unorthodox belief that God is one person who has revealed himself in three forms or modes incontrast to the Trinitarian doctrine where God is one being eternally existing in three persons.

The rest of the article:
Sure, I know. That's a part of article for 'person' from Apple dictionary. Since I'm not a trinitarian I believe in God how he revealed to us. Believe in 3 persons:
  • Yahweh God, the Father
  • Jesus Christ, his Son and our Lord, God by nature
  • The Holy Spirit
Ain't see no other divine being revealed to us except these three. Since we've agreed that Jesus is God by nature, let's better discuss three persons than argue endlessly and aimlessly about basics with somebody who is simply not willing to believe.

Last edited:
Since we've agreed that Jesus is God by nature
I don't know what you mean "God by nature." The Father and Holy Spirit are God by nature.
To me, "nature" means "the main characteristic of something."

Act_14:15 . . . "Men, why are you doing these things? We also are men with the same nature as you, . . .
Gal_4:8 But then, indeed, when you did not know God, you served those which by nature are not gods.

I don't know what you mean "God by nature." The Father and Holy Spirit are God by nature.
To me, "nature" means "the main characteristic of something."

Act_14:15 . . . "Men, why are you doing these things? We also are men with the same nature as you, . . .
Gal_4:8 But then, indeed, when you did not know God, you served those which by nature are not gods.
So let's clarify. According to you the Father and the Holy Spirit are Gods by nature but you are in doubts regarding Jesus? I personally believe in tree of the same divine nature.

Last edited:
...the Trinitarian doctrine where God is one being eternally existing in three persons.
If that were true then the persons are not God, but rather the God that exists in them is the God. Do you see Trinitarianism doesn't really merry up who God is in accordance with scripture? Yet the Bible says the Father is God in plain, clear, and direct terms. That's what I am going with and have been blessed for it.

Jesus was Thomas' God. That is evident in the verse, don't know where you got "referring to the Father" from
Let me clarify. In John 20:17 didn't Jesus say "go and tell My brothers, ‘I am ascending to My Father and your Father, to My God and your God.’ ?”

Since Jesus directly identified his and his brothers' God as the Father (not the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit) then that means in John 20:28 when Thomas said "my God" that Thomas was referring to the Father. That fits fine with the context of the chapter.
(besides antiChrist teachings).
??
And you admit that there is a Father. So how can Jesus be God's Son, SINGULAR, but not God?
A son is never the same person as their father regardless of what they have in common. Perhaps we are not seeing this the same way. Are you one of those who sees God as an it or a person?

And you might reference the angels and humans. But they are creatED beings. And there are many.

And they are called "sons of God", too, and they aren't God. So why when Jesus is called the Son of God you say that means he is God?

God's body died. But God experienced the immense pain.
So God's body died but God didn't die? The Bible says Jesus was a man therefore it follows he has a human body. If only "God's body" died then there wasn't a sin sacrifice.

Numbers 23
19God is not a man, that He should lie,
or a son of man, that He should change His mind.

And you "spit" on His sacrifice by denying Him!
That's completely your imagination. I fully accept that God so loved the world that He sent His only begotten Son to be our sacrifice. Why do you need to speak so vulgarly about me?

I call myself a Christian, neither trinitarian nor non-trinitarian because:
  • Non-trinitarians. This is true with the ones I had discussions with, and Runningman is a good example, they try to undermine trinity concept because simply don't believe Jesus is God by nature. Also they tend not to believe the Holy Spirit is a person. Although some of their arguments make sense pointing out a controversy of trinity doctrine, their motivation is wrong and in my opinion they are just another kind of watchtower society members. Their attitude towards Jesus, the way they dishonour him ignoring clear scriptural and logical arguments looks the same. I consider them wrong and in a dangerous delusion if not even more.
  • Trinitarians. Many of them have difficulties acknowledging the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit are persons in a common meaning of the word. Others say Jesus and the Farther are the same person and so on and so forth. Generally speaking in practice this concept introduces some other being apart from the holy Three who revealed themself to us while making the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit inferior. This is wrong and is a delusion if not even more, but at least they don't deny Jesus and the Holy Spirit so there is some room for a conversation.
I personally stand on this: in both Old and New testament only these three equally divine persons revealed themselves to us:
  • Yahweh God, the Father
  • Jesus Christ his Son and our Lord
  • the Holy Spirit
Not everything is crystal clear to me, there's still a lot to know, but I believe this is how it is supposed to be on the way to knowing the truth. So let's move further from basics and instead of wasting time proving Jesus is God by nature, which is obvious to everyone who is sincere and true, let's better try to think and calmly discuss what, in your opinion, is wrong with this plain and clear belief.

Last edited:
I call myself a Christian, neither trinitarian nor non-trinitarian because:
  • Non-trinitarians. This is true with the ones I had discussions with, and Runningman is a good example, they try to undermine trinity concept because simply don't believe Jesus is God by nature. Also they tend not to believe the Holy Spirit is a person. Although some of their arguments make sense pointing out a controversy of trinity doctrine, their motivation is wrong and in my opinion they are just another kind of watchtower society members. Their attitude towards Jesus, the way they dishonour him ignoring clear scriptural and logical arguments looks the same. I consider them wrong and in a dangerous delusion if not even more.
  • Trinitarians. Many of them have difficulties acknowledging the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit are persons in a common meaning of the word. Others say Jesus and the Farther are the same person and so on and so forth. Generally speaking in practice this concept introduces some other being apart from the holy Three who revealed themself to us while making the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit inferior. This is wrong and is a delusion if not even more, but at least they don't deny Jesus and the Holy Spirit so there is some room for a conversation.
I personally stand on this: in both Old and New testament only these three equally divine persons revealed themselves to us:
  • Yahweh God, the Father
  • Jesus Christ his Son and our Lord
  • the Holy Spirit
Not everything is crystal clear to me, there's still a lot to know, but I believe this is how it is supposed to be on the way to knowing the truth. So let's move further from basics and instead of wasting time proving Jesus is God by nature, which is obvious to everyone who is sincere and true, let's better try to think and calmly discuss what, in your opinion, is wrong with this plain and clear belief.
Well, thank you for sharing your opinion and commentary. Some of what you said I do agree with, but other parts I find to be dangerous and a path to sin.

The Bible is quite explicit about worshipping human beings as though they are God is idolatry. I hope that after all of the theology, opinions, belief, and commentary is done that we can at least find common ground there.

Perhaps rather than trying to paint your debate opponents as dangerous heretics and delusional, you should turn that mirror on yourself and simply ask "Is worshipping a man as God idolatry?" You don't need to answer here if you don't prefer to, but this is a matter between you and God. I firmly believe if you were to ask God this then this is the kind of prayer He wants to answer. If you can't hear Him, perhaps you will hear the Bible on this point.

If you have any further questions please let me know.

Let me clarify. In John 20:17 didn't Jesus say "go and tell My brothers, ‘I am ascending to My Father and your Father, to My God and your God.’ ?”

Since Jesus directly identified his and his brothers' God as the Father (not the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit) then that means in John 20:28 when Thomas said "my God" that Thomas was referring to the Father. That fits fine with the context of the chapter.

??

A son is never the same person as their father regardless of what they have in common. Perhaps we are not seeing this the same way. Are you one of those who sees God as an it or a person?

And they are called "sons of God", too, and they aren't God. So why when Jesus is called the Son of God you say that means he is God?
because they are little s sons, PLURAL.
but Jesus is THE SON, singular.

Jesus = God
Jesus =/= the Father
the Father = God
God = God
Three seperate Persons in One God.

Imagine a circle, a triangle, and a square (three seperate shapes) in one BOX.
But this is an imperfect analogy because God is not a physical creation.

Both the Son and the Father are God.
Think of 3 people in a family. The dad and son are both family, but they are not each other

Just because Jesus was also a prophet DOES NOT MEAN that that is ALL that He was. Apparently you fail to realize that God can take on MANY ROLES!! What a failure!

Verse: Matthew 1:23

Speaking of denying, how could a mere man, ON-THE-FLY, predict that Peter would DENY Him three times??
When was the last time a prophet predicted something without going in private to speak with God, i.e. on the fly??

Acts and Exodus do not help your case. You cannot get over the John 8:58 hurdle! Lol!

I wonder, will you accept truth, or will you still insist that God is a lone wolf?
Explain Jesus' Baptism?? if God is 1 Person explain it? All three Persons of the Trinity were there.

Well clearly the translators were a LOT less biased.

Do you believe that we can have a relationship with God, or not?

That would be an assertion.
It is a sound argument. One you, or any other, have yet to attempt to refute.

Jhn 1:3 All things were made through him, and without him was not any thing made that was made. (ESV)

The Word, the pre-incarnate Son, could not have not existed if this statement is true.

1Co 8:6 yet for us there is one God, the Father, from whom are all things and for whom we exist, and one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom are all things and through whom we exist. (ESV)

1. If “one God, the Father” precludes Jesus from being God, then it necessarily follows that “one Lord, Jesus Christ” precludes the Father from being Lord. That is, if we can never say Jesus is also God, we can never say the Father is also Lord.

2. If “from whom are all things” speaks of the absolute nature of God, that he is necessary being, then it necessarily follows that “through whom are all things” speaks of the absolute nature of Jesus, that is also necessary being. That is the same conclusion as John 1:3.

Col 1:16 For by him all things were created, in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities—all things were created through him and for him.
Col 1:17 And he is before all things, and in him all things hold together. (ESV)

If “all things were created” by the Son and if “he is before all things,” then it necessarily follows that the Son cannot have been created, or else those verses would be false.

Heb 1:2 but in these last days he has spoken to us by his Son, whom he appointed heir of all things, and through whom also he made the universe. (NIV)

The very same logic applies here. If the universe was made though the Son, which is the same as saying “all things,” then the Son cannot be something that was created or the verse is false.

The Creator in Hebrews 1:10 can easily be seen as the God who anointed the Son in verse 9.
How so? It clearly states that God says of the Son, “And, “You, Lord, laid the foundation of the earth in the beginning, and the heavens are the work of your hands,” etc. It is God himself saying that the Son created everything “in the beginning.” That is in complete agreement with John 1:1-3, 1 Cor 8:6, Col 1:16-17, and Heb 1:2.

This can be supported by a wide variety of scripture proving the Father is exclusively YHWH and created alone.
This is fallaciously begging the question.

Verse 20 says that all of those things in heaven and earth were reconciled to God by his blood on the cross which would be when he was a man, not in a supposed pre-existence. That's why despite it saying "all things" were created through him, I still see this about the context of the church, not literally all things in the most general sense of the word.
So, you want to see what you want and stick to your beliefs despite the obvious contradiction. At least you can admit it.

Of course all things were reconciled to God while the Son was also a man; that was rather the main point of his coming. That does not, however, negate the fact that he also created all things. The fact he did so, as attested to by several passages, is central to understanding who he is and why his sacrifice was sufficient.

Col 1:15 He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of all creation.
Col 1:16 For by him all things were created, in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities—all things were created through him and for him.
Col 1:17 And he is before all things, and in him all things hold together.
Col 1:18 And he is the head of the body, the church. He is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead, that in everything he might be preeminent.
Col 1:19 For in him all the fullness of God was pleased to dwell,
Col 1:20 and through him to reconcile to himself all things, whether on earth or in heaven, making peace by the blood of his cross. (ESV)
The “Fors” and “Ands” mean something. They’re conjunctions; they connect words, phrases, or clauses that are the same, or connect dependant clauses to independent clauses. They provide the flow of thought, such as in the passage above.

The “For” at the start of verse 16 provides the basis for what was stated in verse 15. The “And” in verses 17 and 18 show that the thought is continuing. Verse 19 changes direction but it is still related to what came before, hence “For,” and verse 20 continues with that particular thought.

The whole point is that redemption, reconciliation, and salvation are based on who the Son is, namely, that he is the agent by whom all things that ever came into being, came into being. Again, that means he cannot have been something that came into being.

There is simply no way to limit this to the church without doing serious violence to the text.

All isn't always literal. It sometimes can be, but it's more like an exaggeration sometimes. For example, Jesus told the disciples they would be taught "all things" in John 14:26. There's no record of them becoming omniscient. There is some measure, balance, and context required to understand Colossians 1:15-20.
Context, context, context. Col 1:16-17 make it clear that “all things” means all things—“by him all things were created, in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities.”

Jhn 14:26 But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, he will teach you all things and bring to your remembrance all that I have said to you. (ESV)

Here it is clear that Jesus is talking about the things that he said to them, not everything that can be known. Omnisicence is an incommunicable attribute of God.

Back