Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Jesus Christ THE FIRST and THE LAST

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
I know what I am talking about here. Look at Colossians 1:16. Some versions translate this verse as "through him all things were created" because that world "by" is a prim. preposition denoting position and by impl. instrumentality. Please study.

Look at the verse. God isn't an image. Context refers to the church.

Colossians 1
15The Son is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. 16For in him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for him.

And yet we still have Matt 11:25 and Acts 17:24 plainly calling the Father the Lord of heaven and earth who created all things. That would be YHWH. Same can't be said of Jesus.

According to Acts 3:13 and Exodus 3:14,15, Jesus is not the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob... therefore Jesus isn't the I AM, Isn't God, isn't YHWH, etc.
Read all of the Book of Revelation. If your claim to believing the Bible is to be believed, you will realize that Jesus IS God after reading all 20+ chapters of it.

So Jesus needed to be given [by God] what he has.

I said:
so if Jesus isnt God then a mere man died for our sins. and a finite man cannot bear infinite punishment.
also, Jesus would have sinned if He werent God.
Your "Jesus not God" ideology fails to deliver, logically and doctrinally speaking.

People who deny Jesus' Divinity will be denied before God at the Judgment.

Last edited:
Whether “by” or “through” is not at all relevant; the end meaning is the same. There is only one logical conclusion to John 1:1-3, 1 Cor 8:6, Col 1:16-27, and Heb 1:2—the Son was already in existence alongside the Father when the beginning began, which means he is also God in nature.
"By" suggests authorship or origination of being the Creator, which Jesus is not. "Through" is more appropriate because it refers to instrumentality. There is a big difference here.

Read all of the Book of Revelation. If your claim to believing the Bible is to be believed, you will realize that Jesus IS God after reading all 20+ chapters of it.
How about below where the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb (Jesus) are not the same person.

Revelation 21
22But I saw no temple in the city, because the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are its temple.

runningman is deliberately obtuse and he has too little intellectual honesty to realize that Jesus IS God.
his Bible is probably a Jehovah witness one!!
Jesus denied being God in Mark 10:18, John 8:40, and John 10:36. There are numerous examples of people demonstrating they don't believe Jesus is God; John, Paul, Peter, Matthew, Thomas, etc.

Last edited:
Who is the "us" though? See, I don't think that's enough to start dropping names. Imagine if you were in court and you kept alluding to an "us" and the judge randomly picked two of your friends and said you three are the culprits. Isn't that what Trinitarians are doing?
'us' means God plus other person/persons partaking with him in creation of everything and sharing image and likeness with him. It's clear for me who it was. But you, basing on text, who do you believe was with God in the beginning and what his nature was? Support your assertions with proofs and and testimonies of apostles.

runningman is deliberately obtuse and he has too little intellectual honesty to realize that Jesus IS God.
Jesus is God by nature but not the same person as God. And you've just broken second commandment by calling liars and servants of the Adversary with God's name. For you sake and eternal life better not use it in a negative context.

'us' means God plus other person/persons partaking with him in creation of everything and sharing image and likeness with him. It's clear for me who it was. But you, basing on text, who do you believe was with God in the beginning and what his nature was? Support your assertions with proofs and and testimonies of apostles.
The us refers to those who were with God, the sons of God which are the angels. There is no mention of someone there called Jesus saying or doing anything. Yes, the angels are made in God's image.

Matt 22
30In the resurrection, people will neither marry nor be given in marriage. Instead, they will be like the angels in heaven.

The us refers to those who were with God, the sons of God which are the angels. There is no mention of someone there called Jesus saying or doing anything. Yes, the angels are made in God's image.

Matt 22
30In the resurrection, people will neither marry nor be given in marriage. Instead, they will be like the angels in heaven.
No, that reference you've provided doesn't refer to this case. Imagine you are in court and I accuse you of being a liar. So you are supposed to provide proofs supporting your claims. God said:
  • 'Let US create...' He meant someone partaking in creation together with him.
  • 'in OUR image according to OUR likeness' He meant some other person sharing his image and likeness, someone who without blasphemy can be called 'US' with him.
John says the Word (Jesus) was with God in the beginning and through the Word (Jesus) everything was created that was created and the Word (Jesus) although being a separate person was God by nature.

But you claim it wasn't Jesus but angels. So provide sufficient proofs and support with apostles' testimony.

Last edited:
No, that reference you've provided doesn't refer to this case. Imagine you are in court and I accuse you of being a liar. So you are supposed to provide proofs supporting your claims. God said:
  • 'Let US create...' He meant someone partaking in creation together with him.
  • 'in OUR image according to OUR likeness' He meant someone sharing his image and likeness, someone who without blasphemy can be called 'US' with him.
There is no other evidence about who the "us" would refer to in the Old Testament.
John says the Word (Jesus) was with God in the beginning and through the Word (Jesus) everything was created that was created and the Word (Jesus) was God by nature.
Prove the Word is Jesus. The Word means logos. Words aren't a person.

But you claim it wasn't Jesus but angels. So provide sufficient proofs and support with apostles' testimony.
In Job 38, during creation, it says the "sons of God" were there. Sons of God are made in God's image. No mention of someone specifically singled out as Jesus being there.

Job 38
4Where were you when I laid the foundations of the earth?
Tell Me, if you have understanding.
5Who fixed its measurements? Surely you know!
Or who stretched a measuring line across it?
6On what were its foundations set,
or who laid its cornerstone,
7while the morning stars sang together
and all the sons of God shouted for joy?

"By" suggests authorship or origination of being the Creator, which Jesus is not. "Through" is more appropriate because it refers to instrumentality. There is a big difference here.
As I said, in the end the meaning is the same. That is, as far as any discussion about the deity of Christ is concerned, the Son was involved in creation of everything that has ever come into being, one way or the other. The only logical conclusion is that the Son has always existed and must, therefore, also be God in nature.

We see in Heb 1:2 that God created through the Son, but then eight verses later is saying that the Son is YHWH and “laid the foundations of the earth in the beginning.”

So, it makes no ultimate difference as both “by” and “through” point to the deity of the Son.

Jesus denied being God in Mark 10:18, John 8:40, and John 10:36. There are numerous examples of people demonstrating they don't believe Jesus is God; John, Paul, Peter, Matthew, Thomas, etc.
They all say things that support or prove the deity of Jesus, as did Jesus himself. They all certainly believed it to be the case. He also never denied being God, but he rightly kept himself distinct from the Father.

As I said, in the end the meaning is the same. That is, as far as any discussion about the deity of Christ is concerned, the Son was involved in creation of everything that has ever come into being, one way or the other. The only logical conclusion is that the Son has always existed and must, therefore, also be God in nature.
That would be an assertion.

We see in Heb 1:2 that God created through the Son, but then eight verses later is saying that the Son is YHWH and “laid the foundations of the earth in the beginning.”
The Creator in Hebrews 1:10 can easily be seen as the God who anointed the Son in verse 9. This can be supported by a wide variety of scripture proving the Father is exclusively YHWH and created alone.

So, it makes no ultimate difference as both “by” and “through” point to the deity of the Son.
Verse 20 says that all of those things in heaven and earth were reconciled to God by his blood on the cross which would be when he was a man, not in a supposed pre-existence. That's why despite it saying "all things" were created through him, I still see this about the context of the church, not literally all things in the most general sense of the word.

They all say things that support or prove the deity of Jesus, as did Jesus himself. They all certainly believed it to be the case. He also never denied being God, but he rightly kept himself distinct from the Father.
All isn't always literal. It sometimes can be, but it's more like an exaggeration sometimes. For example, Jesus told the disciples they would be taught "all things" in John 14:26. There's no record of them becoming omniscient. There is some measure, balance, and context required to understand Colossians 1:15-20.

HI KV-44-V1
WELCOME TO THE FORUM....

YOU ARE BREAKING TERMS OF SERVICE RULES BY POSTING THE ABOVE.
PLEASE FAMILIARIZE YOURSELF WITH OUR TERMS OF SERVICE RULES.

ALTHOUGH WE DO NOT ALWAYS AGREE WITH EACH OTHER, WE ARE A SMALL AND SUPPORTIVE COMMUNITY OF BELIEVERS.

PLEASE TREAT ALL MEMBERS WITH RESPECT FOR THEIR BELIEFS.
DO NOT MAKE DISPARIGING REMARKS ABOUT ANYONE.
ALWAYS TAG IN A MEMBER WHEN SPEAKING ABOUT HIM, LIKE THIS: @ANDTHE NAME.

THANKS.

"Jesus is God by nature but not the same person as God." True.

"And you've just broken second commandment by calling liars and servants of the Adversary with God's name. For you sake and eternal life better not use it in a negative context."
I'm not. JW is regarded as a "cult" , and they have a "translation" called the New World translation.
Their name is obviously not true, they are "false witnesses".
See jw.org website, and youll see what I'm saying.

There is no other evidence about who the "us" would refer to in the Old Testament.
No reason to limit evidences only to OT.
Prove the Word is Jesus. The Word means logos. Words aren't a person.
  1. In John 1:3 'him' is used for the Word, so the Word is a person, is separate from God and is God by nature.
  2. In John 1:5 the Word is called Light
  3. In John 1:7 John says John the Baptist came to testify about that Light.
  4. John the Baptist came to testify about Jesus.
So Jesus is the Word who was with God before everything was created and he is the Word who is God by nature.

In Job 38, during creation, it says the "sons of God" were there. Sons of God are made in God's image. No mention of someone specifically singled out as Jesus being there.

Job 38
4Where were you when I laid the foundations of the earth?
Tell Me, if you have understanding.
5Who fixed its measurements? Surely you know!
Or who stretched a measuring line across it?
6On what were its foundations set,
or who laid its cornerstone,
7while the morning stars sang together
and all the sons of God shouted for joy?
You've provided no evidence refuting clear testimony of apostle John that the Word (Jesus) is the one God was addressing while creating all things.

Last edited:
"Jesus is God by nature but not the same person as God." True.

"And you've just broken second commandment by calling liars and servants of the Adversary with God's name. For you sake and eternal life better not use it in a negative context."
I'm not. JW is regarded as a "cult" , and they have a "translation" called the New World translation.
Their name is obviously not true, they are "false witnesses".
See jw.org website, and youll see what I'm saying.
I know, so usually call them 'watchtower society' and not the way they call themself. Jehovah and Yahweh are different spellings of God's holy name which must be treated with respect and love. 'Our Father in heaven, hallowed be your name' said Jesus.

No reason to limit evidences only to OT.
It's the foundation of the NT.

1. In John 1:3 'him' is used for the Word, so the Word is a person, is separate from God and is God by nature.
  2. In John 1:5 the Word is called Light
But verse 9 says the True Light gives light to men entering the world. John 1:30 John calls Jesus a man.

1. In John 1:7 John says John the Baptist came to testify about that Light.
But verse 10 says the True Light was in the world and that the world was made through him, but the bible says Jesus came down from heaven and that the Father created the world (Matt 11:25, Acts 17:24)
  1. John the Baptist came to testify about Jesus.
Yep and as I said John 1:30 says Jesus is a man.

I think you're looking at this differently than how John stated it.

John was that "voice in the wilderness" who's mission was to make straight the ways of the LORD. Isaiah 40:3 says that LORD is YHWH. YHWH was with Jesus who was speaking all He said to say, doing all He said to do, etc. This refers to Jesus as God's messenger and prophet.

So Jesus is the Word who was with God before everything was created and he is the Word who is God by nature.
Doesn't really fit the context of the chapter. That's why I believe John made a point to refer to the "Word" as god rather than saying "Jesus is God" because it's personification of something that isn't actually a person. I came to that conclusion by just reading more than John 1. The "Word" or Logos is demonstrably not a person in 99% of the NT.

You've provided no evidence refuting clear testimony of apostle John that the Word (Jesus) is the one God was addressing while creating all things.
How about 1 John 1:1-3 where the Logos isn't a person, but referred to as an it?

I know, so usually call them 'watchtower society' and not the way they call themself. Jehovah and Yahweh are different spellings of God's holy name which must be treated with respect and love. 'Our Father in heaven, hallowed be your name' said Jesus.
For the record, I am not a JW nor have had any JW influencers. They actually say Jesus was an angel in his pre-existent state, but I say Jesus is a glorified man who pre-existed figuratively in God's plan and foreknowledge.

However, there is actually a decent amount of Biblical support for the "Jesus is an angel" theory, though I am not sold on it. Probably one of the best proof-texts I've seen for this is in Revelation.

If you will read Revelation 22:8-12, it begins with an angel or messenger being introduced who denies being the God who is worthy of worship. The narrative continues until verse 12 when suddenly without any introduction Jesus is talking, saying he is the "Alpha and omega." It follows logically that this angel or messenger who denied being God is Jesus in the context. That's just my commentary on that. I'll have to look into it more and pray about it.

It's the foundation of the NT.

But verse 9 says the True Light gives light to men entering the world. John 1:30 John calls Jesus a man.

But verse 10 says the True Light was in the world and that the world was made through him, but the bible says Jesus came down from heaven and that the Father created the world (Matt 11:25, Acts 17:24)

Yep and as I said John 1:30 says Jesus is a man.

I think you're looking at this differently than how John stated it.

John was that "voice in the wilderness" who's mission was to make straight the ways of the LORD. Isaiah 40:3 says that LORD is YHWH. YHWH was with Jesus who was speaking all He said to say, doing all He said to do, etc. This refers to Jesus as God's messenger and prophet.

Doesn't really fit the context of the chapter. That's why I believe John made a point to refer to the "Word" as god rather than saying "Jesus is God" because it's personification of something that isn't actually a person. I came to that conclusion by just reading more than John 1. The "Word" or Logos is demonstrably not a person in 99% of the NT.

How about 1 John 1:1-3 where the Logos isn't a person, but referred to as an it?
Ok, you're simply ignoring the meaning of the text. For now I don't see any arguments that make sense.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back