Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

Jesus' humanity

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Of course Jesus was not born with the same sinful nature as all of humanity. But neither did Jesus have immunity from sin's effect. He was tempted in every way, just as we are.

Hebrews 4:15, "For we do not have a high priest who is unable to empathize with our weaknesses, but we have one who has been tempted in every way, just as we are—yet he did not sin."

He was the only person who was ever able to resist sin entirely. Was He affected by sin? Yes. Was He tempted by Satan to commit sin? Yes. Did He give into that temptation? No.

I have no idea what this means: When Adam fell as the Head of all humanity, this this include Gid?
Some people take Jesus' humanity too far.
I don't mean you.
It sounds like the persons you were speaking to on the other forum might have.
Jesus was not born with the same sinful nature we were born with.
He didn't have need of the Holy Spirit because He was God.
He received comfort from the Holy Spirit - the Trinity do speak to each other.
But I doubt He needed the Spirit of God since He was God.

I agree, of course, with your statements.
He was tempted but succumbed to no sin.

I take issue with that. Hebrews says He was high priest and suffered everything we do. It also says He is our example. If He stayed free from sin because of His deity, how does that become an example for me, who is certainly NOT deity?
Philipians 2.7 says He emptied Himself. Dr Derek Prince (of blessed memory) who was a Greek scholar said the verse doubles that statement, He emptied Himself of Himself. IOW He laid aside all of his divine power and had to rely on the Holy Spirit for everything just as we do. That is an example I can follow.

I don't mean you.

Sometimes I wonder is that some say "nature to sin" as all are born with that protentional to sin is very different from some saying we are born with a "sin nature".

I see a difference between being born with nature to sin that is different then being born with a sin nature as all of us are made in the image of God being wonderfully made when He knitted us together in our mother's womb.

Ok people it is easy, we understand Christ is tempted as we were, yet without sin, as He is the Spirit of truth, Holiness, and that is who we become, not difficult to understand is it, if we focus on humanity, we are that, if we focus on GOd, we are one in Spirit with Him.

Hebrews 4:16 Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.

Hebrews 7:26 For such an high priest became us, who is holy, harmless, undefiled, separate from sinners, and made higher than the heavens;

Philippians 2:15 That ye may be blameless and harmless, the sons of God, without rebuke, in the midst of a crooked and perverse nation, among whom ye shine as lights in the world;

Yeah here is the answer to that..

2 Corinthians 4:18 While we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen: for the things which are seen are temporal; but the things which are not seen are eternal.

Philippians 3:20 For our conversation is in heaven; from whence also we look for the Saviour, the Lord Jesus Christ:

Sometimes I wonder is that some say "nature to sin" as all are born with that protentional to sin is very different from some saying we are born with a "sin nature".

I see a difference between being born with nature to sin that is different then being born with a sin nature as all of us are made in the image of God being wonderfully made when He knitted us together in our mother's womb.
Sin nature and propensity to sin, or tendency to sin is the same.
It's just the words are different, but the idea is the same.

You say we are wonderfully made, we are made in God's image.
But God doesn't tend to sin.
This is the effect of Adam's fall - call it what you may.

IOW, don't you believe we have to be born again at some point?
That would mean that we're not born again at birth.
But we are not lost either.

As you know I do not believe in "sin nature " . I want to ask a question about what you said .
Why was He not born with "sin nature" ? He was born of a woman as we all are . A son of Adam .

Yes, we must be born again after the age of accountability (what ever that may be ) .

We are not born "lost" but we are born into a fallen sinful world and our selfishness will lead to us sinning and needing to be born again .

I think we have an inborn selfishness which is necessary for us . But the in born selfishness combined with freewill will lead to sin .

I don't mean you.

I totally agree.

As you know I do not believe in "sin nature " . I want to ask a question about what you said .

Why was He not born with "sin nature" ? He was born of a woman as we all are . A son of Adam .
He was "born of a woman" but was not a "son of Adam". Jesus was/is the Son of God. He was born in human form but with one important difference: He had no sin nature, which is inherited by everyone else through Adam.

He was "born of a woman" but was not a "son of Adam". Jesus was/is the Son of God. He was born in human form but with one important difference: He had no sin nature, which is inherited by everyone else through Adam.
Jesus is The Son of God as well as being a grandson of Adam . Does that make it clearer what I mean ? Do you agree ?

Good thread you started jaybo :) .

Jesus is The Son of God as well as being a grandson of Adam . Does that make it clearer what I mean ? Do you agree ?

Good thread you started jaybo :) .
I think I know what you mean... God formed Adam (as though he was His son) and humans are all sons and daughters of Adam, i.e., his descendants. Is that what you mean?

Off topic, but I wanted to share this anyway...

a) I had a dream last night that I was at a gala mideastern banquet. I woke up and wanted the dream to continue, but alas, I was awake.
b) It is cold and miserable here today, so I am indoors all day.

Put a) and b) together and the result: I read Revelation in its entirety. John had some vision!!!

So, back to the thread's topic...

I think I know what you mean... God formed Adam (as though he was His son) and humans are all sons and daughters of Adam, i.e., his descendants. Is that what you mean?
Yes , all humans, sons and daughters (Mary) are descendants of Adam .
This makes Jesus a descendant of Adam, a son of Adam . At least that is the way I see it .

Sin nature and propensity to sin, or tendency to sin is the same.
It's just the words are different, but the idea is the same.

You say we are wonderfully made, we are made in God's image.
But God doesn't tend to sin.
This is the effect of Adam's fall - call it what you may.

I have the nature to sin because of the fall of Adam brining sin into the world through that of Satan's temptation he fell to in disobedience to God's command so I have a sin nature. Many teach an age of accountability when children begin to sin, but I can't find scripture on that. We are only tempted to sin by the lust of the flesh as the flesh wants what the flesh wants, even as a child, but a child has no knowledge of what sin or evil is until they are taught the difference between good and evil.

Everyone has to be Spiritually born again and indwelled with the Holy Spirit within the inner man/spirit in order for us to be in Christ and He in us in order to inherit the kingdom of God, John 3:5-7.

Plain as day . . .

Colossians 2:11 NLT - "When you came to Christ, you were "circumcised," but not by a physical procedure. Christ performed a spiritual circumcision--the cutting away of your sinful nature."

Lost sheep are lost.

Psalm 119:176 I have gone astray like a lost sheep; seek thy servant; for I do not forget thy commandments.

Isaiah 53:6 All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and the Lord hath laid on him the iniquity of us all.

Luke 15:4 What man of you, having an hundred sheep, if he lose one of them, doth not leave the ninety and nine in the wilderness, and go after that which is lost, until he find it?
5 And when he hath found it, he layeth it on his shoulders, rejoicing.
6 And when he cometh home, he calleth together his friends and neighbours, saying unto them, Rejoice with me; for I have found my sheep which was lost.
7 I say unto you, that likewise joy shall be in heaven over one sinner that repenteth, more than over ninety and nine just persons, which need no repentance.

1 Peter 2:25 For ye were as sheep going astray; but are now returned unto the Shepherd and Bishop of your souls.

Also for your lovely little chatting, I guess it will help you to remember the simplicity, that Jesus Christ cant be like humans, as He was not a sheep, like all were lost, and sheep, Jesus Christ our One Lord and God, is the One Shepherd and One Spirit, and mans spirit is evil and has to go or he will go to nothing....

Ecclesiastes 12:11 The words of the wise are as goads, and as nails fastened by the masters of assemblies, which are given from one shepherd.

Ephesians 4:4 There is one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling;
5 One Lord, one faith, one baptism,
6 One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.

Man does have a sin nature, ( is born lost.) and that sin nature cant be there when that spirit of the god of this world departs out of them, but if they are yet in a sin nature, they have no Spirit of Christ, and are then none of HIs.

Romans 8:9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back