Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

Jesus' humanity

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Let me start with this . Is Jesus a descendent of Eve ?
And you said .
No. He is a descendent of God: His son.
There is a prophecy, in fact the first prophecy in the Bible, lets see what that prophecy said .

Genesis 3:15 And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.

"her seed" This is the promise of Jesus Christ as the destroyer of Satan !

Jesus is both the Son of God and seed of a woman .

All human life descended from Adam and Eve .

Or do you see it differently ?

If our flesh is corrupted by our actions and our actions are inspired by our spirit or mind, and Jesus had the sinless spirit and mind of God (the Word) before sin ever entered in, then the flesh will have remained uncorrupted?

Last edited:
And you said .

There is a prophecy, in fact the first prophecy in the Bible, lets see what that prophecy said .

Genesis 3:15 And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.

"her seed" This is the promise of Jesus Christ as the destroyer of Satan !

Jesus is both the Son of God and seed of a woman .

All human life descended from Adam and Eve .

Or do you see it differently ?
Of course I see it differently. a) Genesis is about Eve -- "the woman". b) It is wrong to interpret this as being about Jesus.

Genesis 3:13-16, "Then the Lord God said to the woman, “What is this that you have done?” The woman said, “The serpent tricked me, and I ate.” The Lord God said to the serpent,

“Because you have done this,
cursed are you among all animals
and among all wild creatures;
upon your belly you shall go,
and dust you shall eat
all the days of your life.
I will put enmity between you and the woman
and between your offspring and hers;
he will strike your head,
and you will strike his heel.”
To the woman he said,

“I will make your pangs in childbirth exceedingly great;
in pain you shall bring forth children,
yet your desire shall be for your husband,
and he shall rule over you.”

How can this possibly be interpreted as being about Mary and Satan? It is about Eve and the serpent. Just read what it says.

Jesus is not a descendent of Eve. He is God's son and Eve is not God's wife. Therefore He is not her descendent. He was conceived by the Holy Spirit, not by any man.

Facts are facts.

Yes there is and apparently it does not have an individual URL for the message. Click on the video "Shabbat Services 11/19/2022" and go to 1:11:15 for the start of the Rabbi's message on Hebrews 9.

Hebrews 6 was on 10/30/2022 and starts at 1:23:30
https://sonofdavid.org/live/ Click on the video "Shabbat Services 11/20/2022" Sorry that I got the date wrong. Apparently the video was posted the next day.

I have (as an elder) prayed over the sick, and have had people recover. Not all but some.

Not so difficult when you take the book as a whole and who it was written to: Jewish believers that were discouraged and thinking of going back to just normal Judaism.

Our Rabbi is currently going thru Hebrews (this weekend was Hebrews 9) I think you will find his teaching on that very good. You can find the messages HERE: https://sonofdavid.org/live/
You prayed; God healed. 😊

My turn now, what to not forget.

That Jesus Christ is from above, and returned to above.

If we do not believe that He is He, we shall die in our sins.

Christ ( who always was from above and always is what is above, cannot deny Himself, so that shows the separation between man and God ( Jesus Christ.) because the men who deny ( try to) that Jesus Christ is without sin because He knew no sin ( cant deny Himself being God, so cant know sin, as sin is doubt of who Christ is, and He knows He is He.) as He is the Spirit of Christ, are damned for doubting.

John 8:23 And he said unto them, Ye are from beneath; I am from above: ye are of this world; I am not of this world.
24 I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins.

John 16:27 For the Father himself loveth you, because ye have loved me, and have believed that I came out from God.
28 I came forth from the Father, and am come into the world: again, I leave the world, and go to the Father.

Romans 14:23 And he that doubteth is damned if he eat, because he eateth not of faith: for whatsoever is not of faith is sin.

2 Corinthians 5:21 For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.

2 Timothy 2:13 If we believe not, yet he abideth faithful: he cannot deny himself.

He was "born of a woman" but was not a "son of Adam". Jesus was/is the Son of God. He was born in human form but with one important difference: He had no sin nature, which is inherited by everyone else through Adam.
Does "everyone" include Jesus's mother Mary ? Did she have a "sin nature" ? Do all females have this "sin nature" you believe in ?

Don't forget everyone, the Father was in Jesus and where God is sin cannot abide.

Exactly, and this is why a person is considered "complete" in Christ.

Colossians 2:9-10 NLT - "For in Christ lives all the fullness of God in a human body. 10 So you also are complete through your union with Christ, who is the head over every ruler and authority."

Does "everyone" include Jesus's mother Mary ? Did she have a "sin nature" ? Do all females have this "sin nature" you believe in ?

That's a good question. Mary was born like everyone else so...all she needed was some spiritual cleansing because she was a virgin and I'm sure the Holy Spirit can do that. So she was pure and Jesus was born in purity.

That's a good question. Mary was born like everyone else so...all she needed was some spiritual cleansing because she was a virgin and I'm sure the Holy Spirit can do that. So she was pure and Jesus was born in purity.

Scripture tells us that Mary possessed the Holy Spirit, "so" the baby will be Holy. That word "so" seems important.

Luke 1:34-35 NLT - "Mary asked the angel, "But how can this happen? I am a virgin." The angel replied, "The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Most High will overshadow you. So the baby to be born will be holy, and he will be called the Son of God."

Scripture tells us that Mary possessed the Holy Spirit, "so" the baby will be Holy. That word "so" seems important.

Luke 1:34-35 NLT - "Mary asked the angel, "But how can this happen? I am a virgin." The angel replied, "The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Most High will overshadow you. So the baby to be born will be holy, and he will be called the Son of God."
NO, the scripture says clearly "upon," not "within." That is a distinction that has carried from the books of Moses thru the NT.
"Within" is for character and strength. "Upon" is for acts of supernatural power; signs and wonders.

It is a RCC doctrine that I reject that says Mary had to be "immaculate" in order to carry our Lord as a baby.

NO, the scripture says clearly "upon," not "within."
That's fine. Whatever you want to call "it," I'm sticking with what Moses had to say about the Spirit:

Numbers 11:25-29 NLT - "And the LORD came down in the cloud and spoke to Moses. Then he gave the seventy elders the same Spirit that was upon Moses. And when the Spirit rested upon them, they prophesied. But this never happened again. 26 Two men, Eldad and Medad, had stayed behind in the camp. They were listed among the elders, but they had not gone out to the Tabernacle. Yet the Spirit rested upon them as well, so they prophesied there in the camp. 27 A young man ran and reported to Moses, "Eldad and Medad are prophesying in the camp!" 28 Joshua son of Nun, who had been Moses' assistant since his youth, protested, "Moses, my master, make them stop!" 29 But Moses replied, "Are you jealous for my sake? I wish that all the LORD's people were prophets and that the LORD would put his Spirit upon them all!"

Yes, Mary had a sin nature. Every person except Jesus, man or woman, has/had a sin nature.

Romans 3:22b-23, "For there is no distinction, since all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God"
Ro9mans 5:12, "Therefore, just as sin came into the world through one man, and death came through sin, and so death spread to all because all have sinned"
1 John 1:8, "If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us."

Yes, Mary had a sin nature. Every person except Jesus, man or woman, has/had a sin nature.

Romans 3:22b-23, "For there is no distinction, since all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God"
Ro9mans 5:12, "Therefore, just as sin came into the world through one man, and death came through sin, and so death spread to all because all have sinned"
1 John 1:8, "If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us."
Do you think Adam and Eve were created with a "sin nature" ?

James Franco Waiting GIF by A24

Do you think Adam and Eve were created with a "sin nature" ?
Yes. Again, "Romans 5:12, "Therefore, just as sin came into the world through one man, and death came through sin, and so death spread to all because all have sinned". Also, 1 Corinthians 15:21-22, "For since death came through a human, the resurrection of the dead has also come through a human, for as all die in Adam, so all will be made alive in Christ. "

Whoa now . . .

Adam and Eve were not created with the natural tendency to sin. When God said that all that He had created was "good," He might as well have said "perfect."

Adam and Eve were born with one Nature . . . the Human Nature. The purpose of this Nature is to serve, and this Nature will serve whichever Spiritual Father it belongs to, be it either the Devil or God, the Father. Humans serve, and that's it.

When Adam and Eve sinned, their disobedience caused their eyes to be "opened" to sin, but closed to God. Thus, the Purpose of Christ is to redeem us from the Curse/s that came from Adam and Eve's unholy work. Jesus accomplishes His Purpose through His Holy Work, which is to Circumcise hearts of this Sinful Nature, He also grants the ability to Repent, He also grants the Holy Spirit, and belief in His death and resurrection along with believing in the Power that raised Him from the dead . . . these are His Holy Works. These completed Works of Christ result in the Effect of Christ, which is a Transformed human being. Any person who once possessed Satan as their Spiritual Father, and is then adopted by Christ as their Spiritual Father, there is a colossal Transformation and it is unavoidable.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back