Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Depending upon the Holy Spirit for all you do?

Read through the following study by Tenchi for more on this topic

https://christianforums.net/threads/without-the-holy-spirit-we-can-do-nothing.109419/

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

https://christianforums.net/forums/questions-and-answers/

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

John MacArthur: Distinguished Calvinist Preacher.

Really? I have a list for every nook of the New Testament if you need it!
Here’s Matthew

There are many references in the Nt to the deuterocanonical books.
References in New Testament Order
Matthew
Matthew 4:4 Wisdom 16:26
Matthew 4:15 1 Maccabees 5:15
Matthew 5:18 Baruch 4:1
Matthew 5:28 Sirach 9:8
Matthew 5:2ss Sirach 25:7-12
Matthew 5:4 Sirach 48:24
Matthew 6:7 Sirach 7:14
Matthew 6:9 Sirach 23:1, 4
Matthew 6:10 1 Maccabees 3:60
Matthew 6:12 Sirach 28:2
Matthew 6:13 Sirach 33:1
Matthew 6:20 Sirach 29:10s
Matthew 6:23 Sirach 14:10
Matthew 6:33 Wisdom 7:11
Matthew 7:12 Tobit 4:15
Matthew 7:12 Sirach 31:15
Matthew 7:16 Sirach 27:6
Matthew 8:11 Baruch 4:37
Matthew 8:21 Tobit 4:3
Matthew 9:36 Judith 11:19
Matthew 9:38 1 Maccabees 12:17
Matthew 10:16 Sirach 13:17
Matthew 11:14 Sirach 48:10
Matthew 11:22 Judith 16:17
Matthew 11:25 Tobit 7:17
Matthew 11:25 Sirach 51:1
Matthew 11:28 Sirach 24:19
Matthew 11:28 Sirach 51:23
Matthew 11:29 Sirach 6:24s
Matthew 11:29 Sirach 6:28s
Matthew 11:29 Sirach 51:26s
Matthew 12:4 2 Maccabees 10:3
Matthew 12:5 Sirach 40:15
Matthew 13:44 Sirach 20:30s
Matthew 16:18 Wisdom 16:13
Matthew 16:22 1 Maccabees 2:21
Matthew 16:27 Sirach 35:22
Matthew 17:11 Sirach 48:10
Matthew 18:10 Tobit 12:15
Matthew 20:2 Tobit 5:15
Matthew 22:13 Wisdom 17:2
Matthew 23:38 Tobit 14:4
Matthew 24:15 1 Maccabees 1:54
Matthew 24:15 2 Maccabees 8:17
Matthew 24:16 1 Maccabees 2:28
Matthew 25:35 Tobit 4:17
Matthew 25:36 Sirach 7:32-35
Matthew 26:38 Sirach 37:2
Matthew 27:24 Daniel 13:46
Matthew 27:43 Wisdom 2:13
Matthew 27:43 Wisdom 2:18-20

Mark
Mark 1:15 Tobit 14:5
Mark 4:5 Sirach 40:15
Mark 4:11 Wisdom 2:22
Mark 5:34 Judith 8:35
Mark 6:49 Wisdom 17:15
Mark 8:37 Sirach 26:14
Mark 9:31 Sirach 2:18
Mark 9:48 Judith 16:17
Mark 10:18 Sirach 4:1
Mark 14:34 Sirach 37:2
Mark 15:29 Wisdom 2:17s
The writers of the apocrypha were plagiarizers.
There was a lot of that going around.

Why should someone else verify what God spoke to me?
I have a direct line to God. No priests, no apostles, no one.
What God spoke to me is between the Almighty and myself.
And I KNOW His voice because He spoke Scripture to me.
And He spoke to me three times before.
I am friends with the Almighty.
I KNOW His voice.
Do you?
Cos we can be deceived!

2 Corinthians 11:4
For if someone comes to you and preaches a Jesus other than the Jesus we preached, or if you receive a different spirit from the Spirit youreceived, or a different gospel from the one you accepted, you put up with it easily enough.

Apostle means one who is sent

14 How, then, can they call on the one they have not believed in? And how can they believe in the one of whom they have not heard? And how can they hear without someone preaching to them? 15 And how can anyone preach unless they are sent? As it is written: “How beautiful are the feet of those who bring good news!

Thanks

I'm already a priest.

5 Ye also, as lively stones, mmare built up a spiritual house, an holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices, acceptable to God by Jesus Christ. 1 Pet. 2:5.

9 But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, fa peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light: 10 Which in time past were not a people, but are now the people of God: which had not obtained mercy, but now have obtained mercy. 1 Pet. 2:8–10.

Yup. That is me.
That’s one of the three new covenant priesthoods
The royal priesthood of the people, but it’s not a ministerial priesthood that offers sacrifice and administers the grace of God in the sacraments

Cos we can be deceived!

2 Corinthians 11:4
For if someone comes to you and preaches a Jesus other than the Jesus we preached, or if you receive a different spirit from the Spirit youreceived, or a different gospel from the one you accepted, you put up with it easily enough.

Apostle means one who is sent

14 How, then, can they call on the one they have not believed in? And how can they believe in the one of whom they have not heard? And how can they hear without someone preaching to them? 15 And how can anyone preach unless they are sent? As it is written: “How beautiful are the feet of those who bring good news!

Thanks
Why you say “we”?
God spoke to me and I know how to test.
Don’t worry. His word was verified.

Again 1Peter 2:5. I am a priest.
Yes but according to the royal priesthood of the people not according the priesthood of melchisedec (ministerial) of which Christ is high priest hen 8:1 therefore there must be low priest under him or how else can he be “high priest”?

Thanks

Do you agree that those who rejected Christ (Jews) are in spiritual blindness?

Thanks
Everyone who rejects Christ is in spiritual blindness.
But God has Promised to save the Jews before His return.

Romans 11:1–2 (KJV 1900): I say then, Hath God cast away his people? God forbid. For I also am an Israelite, of the seed of Abraham, of the tribe of Benjamin. 2 God hath not cast away his people which he foreknew.

Romans 11:25–27 (KJV 1900): 25 For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in. 26 And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob: 27 For this is my covenant unto them, when I shall take away their sins.

What a shame no such promise is made to Italy or Rome.

Yes but according to the royal priesthood of the people not according the priesthood of melchisedec (ministerial) of which Christ is high priest hen 8:1 therefore there must be low priest under him or how else can he be “high priest”?

Thanks
Christ is on His throne.
Where He is I am also. On His throne.

Thus, I am also a priest as He is.

Everyone who rejects Christ is in spiritual blindness.
But God has Promised to save the Jews before His return.

Romans 11:1–2 (KJV 1900): I say then, Hath God cast away his people? God forbid. For I also am an Israelite, of the seed of Abraham, of the tribe of Benjamin. 2 God hath not cast away his people which he foreknew.

Romans 11:25–27 (KJV 1900): 25 For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in. 26 And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob: 27 For this is my covenant unto them, when I shall take away their sins.

What a shame no such promise is made to Italy or Rome.
Israel there in Rom 11:26 is the Church comprised of Gentiles, thats the Mystery, that Israel who is promised to be saved in the Lord Isa 45:17

17 But Israel shall be saved in the Lord with an everlasting salvation: ye shall not be ashamed nor confounded world without end.

Is a Israel combined with jews and gentiles, Abrahams not natural but spiritual seed. Eph 3:7

6 That the Gentiles should be fellowheirs, and of the same body, and partakers of his promise in Christ by the gospel:

Isa 45:17 is the Gospel Promise of Salvation for all Israel.

Israel there in Rom 11:26 is the Church comprised of Gentiles, thats the Mystery, that Israel who is promised to be saved in the Lord Isa 45:17

17 But Israel shall be saved in the Lord with an everlasting salvation: ye shall not be ashamed nor confounded world without end.

Is a Israel combined with jews and gentiles, Abrahams not natural but spiritual seed. Eph 3:7

6 That the Gentiles should be fellowheirs, and of the same body, and partakers of his promise in Christ by the gospel:

Isa 45:17 is the Gospel Promise of Salvation for all

Isa 45:17 is the Gospel Promise of Salvation for all Israel.
Actually, the Church is Israel and Israel is the Church.

Christianity is only Completed Judaism.

jer15

Agreed

Disagree, care to elaborate ?
Who is Israel’s Messiah but a Personal Promise of God to His Covenant people Israel:

Deuteronomy 18:18 (KJV 1900): 18 I will raise them up a Prophet from among their brethren, like unto thee, and will put my words in his mouth; and he shall speak unto them all that I shall command him.

John the Baptist declares the fulfillment:

John 1:31 (KJV 1900): 31 And I knew him not: but that he should be made manifest to Israel, therefore am I come baptizing with water.

And there are still promises yet to be fulfilled to Israel but they all concern their Lion from the tribe of Judah.

Then all Israel will be saved that are all Israel:

Romans 9:1–4 (KJV 1900): 9 I say the truth in Christ, I lie not, my conscience also bearing me witness in the Holy Ghost, 2 That I have great heaviness and continual sorrow in my heart. 3 For I could wish that myself were accursed from Christ for my brethren, my kinsmen according to the flesh: 4 Who are Israelites; to whom pertaineth the adoption, and the glory, and the covenants, and the giving of the law, and the service of God, and the promises;

and more:

Romans 9:6–13 (KJV 1900): 6 Not as though the word of God hath taken none effect. For they are not all Israel, which are of Israel: 7 Neither, because they are the seed of Abraham, are they all children: but, In Isaac shall thy seed be called. 8 That is, They which are the children of the flesh, these are not the children of God: but the children of the promise are counted for the seed. 9 For this is the word of promise, At this time will I come, and Sara shall have a son. 10 And not only this; but when Rebecca also had conceived by one, even by our father Isaac; 11 (For the children being not yet born, neither having done any good or evil, that the purpose of God according to election might stand, not of works, but of him that calleth;) 12 It was said unto her, The elder shall serve the younger. 13 As it is written, Jacob have I loved, but Esau have I hated.

And there is more.

Back