Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Depending upon the Holy Spirit for all you do?

Read through the following study by Tenchi for more on this topic

https://christianforums.net/threads/without-the-holy-spirit-we-can-do-nothing.109419/

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

https://christianforums.net/forums/questions-and-answers/

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

John MacArthur: Distinguished Calvinist Preacher.

I DO.

26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.
Jn 14:25–26.

And He has said a great deal to me in my life as Christian.
You are an apostle? Sent by the apostles?

Matt 16:18-19 18:18 Matt 28:19-20 Jn 20:21 Acts 1:8 acts 1:15-26
eph 2:20

Sorry it’s confusing

We have no part in the redemption, it is Christ who redeemed man from the curse, by his life, death (blood) resurrection obtained mercy.

We must accept his redemption and doctrine he revealed, (faith & baptism) to be justified and born again.

Then a life of sanctification, (prayer, alms, fasting, sacraments, suffering, practicing the virtues of Jesus Christ)

Then we enter into salvation when we die in Christ. Jn 15:4 abide Mk 13:13 Matt 24:13 endure to the end.

Even a born again Christian can still be lost by rejecting Christ in apostasy or unrepentant sin, the sin against the HS is to die unrepentant.

Jn 1:29 The next day John seeth Jesus coming unto him, and saith, Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world.

Rom 5:15-17

15 But not as the offence, so also is the free gift. For if through the offence of one many be dead, much more the grace of God, and the gift by grace, which is by one man, Jesus Christ, hath abounded unto many.

16 And not as it was by one that sinned, so is the gift: for the judgment was by one to condemnation, but the free gift is of many offences unto justification.

17 For if by one man's offence death reigned by one; much more they which receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness shall reign in life by one, Jesus Christ.)

Eph 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

Heb 9:12 Neither by the blood of goats and calves, but by his own blood he entered in once into the holy place, having obtained eternal redemption for us.

13 For if the blood of bulls and of goats, and the ashes of an heifer sprinkling the unclean, sanctifieth to the purifying of the flesh:

14 How much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself without spot to God, purge your conscience from dead works to serve the living God?

15 And for this cause he is the mediator of the new testament, that by means of death, for the redemption of the transgressions that were under the first testament, they which are called might receive the promise of eternal inheritance.
You're also good in confusing the issue by flooding me with Scripture.
But that only reveals a confused mind.
What's in your heart comes out of your mouth, or in this case, your keyboard.
Confusion.
And God is NOT the Author of confusion, Don.
You are.

You are an apostle? Sent by the apostles?

Matt 16:18-19 18:18 Matt 28:19-20 Jn 20:21 Acts 1:8 acts 1:15-26
eph 2:20
Yes.
Sent by an Apostle:

Wherefore, holy brethren, partakers of the heavenly calling, consider the Apostle and High Priest of our profession, Christ Jesus. Heb 3:1.

Amazing isn't it.

What authoritative doctrine does the Catholic church have that is not in the Bible? Hopefully, someday a Catholic insider will answer this and not evade the question so we can see in practice that they do not agree with sola scriptura and that they do not stick solely to the Bible.
Bible does not agree with sola scriptura either!

Scripture Verses that contradict the “Bible is our ONLY AUTHORITY”!

Matt 5:14
Matt 18:17
Matt 28:19
Lk 1:4
Lk 10:16
Jn 8:32
Jn 16:13
Jn 20:21
Acts 1:8
Acts 2:42
Acts 8:26
Acts 8:31
Acts 18:25
Rom 10:15
1 cor 11:23
1 thes 2:23
2 thes 2:15
Col 2:7
Eph 4:5
Heb 13:7
Heb 13:17
1 Tim 3:15
1 Jn 1:3-5
2 Jn 1:12
Jude 1:3

How can it be said scripture is “sole authority” or the only source of truth or the rule of faith when scripture says we must hear the church Matt 18:17 the apostles are the light of the world Matt 5:14 we must hold the doctrine of the apostles acts 2:42 the church is the pillar and ground of truth 1 Tim 3:15

How can it be said scripture is “sole authority” or the only source of truth or the rule of faith when scripture says we must hear the church Matt 18:17 the apostles are the light of the world Matt 5:14 we must hold the doctrine of the apostles acts 2:42 the church is the pillar and ground of truth 1 Tim 3:15
There you go flooding again. How about making a comment and post Scripture to support your comment.

You're also good in confusing the issue by flooding me with Scripture.
But that only reveals a confused mind.
What's in your heart comes out of your mouth, or in this case, your keyboard.
Confusion.
And God is NOT the Author of confusion, Don.
You are.
Scripture confuses you? That’s why Christ established the apostolic church to teach &’sanctify all men unto salvation. Matt 28:19
Sorry I’m not an apostle.
Rather than violate the “golden rule”

Let us examine ourselves and see if our motive is the virtues of Jesus Christ, humility, meekness & charity
Matt 11:29 or the vices of pride, presumption, and arrogance.

Motive
Humility or pride
Obedience or disobedience
Meek or arrogance
Submission to proper authority or protest
Receive instruction or presumption

Saul thought he was doing the will of God and acting righteously with correct faith!

Then the risen Christ appeared!
The blinding light of truth prevailed!

Jn 8:32 the truth shall make you free! So false doctrine shall hold you in bondage!

Spiritual blindness!

Thanks

The Bible is the Apostles teachings. Give us an example of the Catholic church speaking on its own that you claim they can do since the scriptures are not the sole authority for believers.

You won't answer that because you know everyone will instantly reject it because it's not in the Bible. People don't listen to people who speak by their own authority. We'll only listen to the teachings of Jesus and the original Apostles.

If you want to obey people who invent their own extra-Biblical teachings, go for it. But we don't, and we have no obligation to do so. Only Catholics have to obey extra-Biblical teachings, or go to hell. .

Yes.
Sent by an Apostle:

Wherefore, holy brethren, partakers of the heavenly calling, consider the Apostle and High Priest of our profession, Christ Jesus. Heb 3:1.

Amazing isn't it.
The calling is an apostle must verified and approved by the authority of the apostles

Do you not see a marked line between the ministerial priesthood and the priesthood of the people

Scripture confuses you? That’s why Christ established the apostolic church to teach &’sanctify all men unto salvation. Matt 28:19
Sorry I’m not an apostle.
Rather than violate the “golden rule”

Let us examine ourselves and see if our motive is the virtues of Jesus Christ, humility, meekness & charity
Matt 11:29 or the vices of pride, presumption, and arrogance.

Motive
Humility or pride
Obedience or disobedience
Meek or arrogance
Submission to proper authority or protest
Receive instruction or presumption

Saul thought he was doing the will of God and acting righteously with correct faith!

Then the risen Christ appeared!
The blinding light of truth prevailed!

Jn 8:32 the truth shall make you free! So false doctrine shall hold you in bondage!

Spiritual blindness!

Thanks
No, Scripture doesn't confuse me. Your understanding of Scripture is confusing.

The calling is an apostle must verified and approved by the authority of the apostles

Do you not see a marked line between the ministerial priesthood and the priesthood of the people
Well, there were two apostles, and four prophets, and two pastors, six evangelists, and four teachers in Church when the prophecy was given over me with the laying on of hands.

There you go flooding again. How about making a comment and post Scripture to support your comment.
Original KJV had the 73 books of the
Cannon approved by the council of Rome and promulgated by papal authority in 381!

The authority of Christ in His apostolic church gave is the authentic scriptures, and the authentic interpretation!

For hundreds of years the authority of Christ acted and operated in His apostolic church without scripture, and the apostolic church wrote the New Testament.

By what authority did Luther rejected Jude, hebrews, James and revelation or the English Bible society reject seven books of the Old Testament? No authority none are apostles, only by the whims of the “tradition of men”!

The Bible is the Apostles teachings. Give us an example of the Catholic church speaking on its own that you claim they can do since the scriptures are not the sole authority for believers.

You won't answer that because you know everyone will instantly reject it because it's not in the Bible. People don't listen to people who speak by their own authority. We'll only listen to the teachings of Jesus and the original Apostles.

If you want to obey people who invent their own extra-Biblical teachings, go for it. But we don't, and we have no obligation to do so. Only Catholics have to obey extra-Biblical teachings, or go to hell. .
Cannon approved by the council of Rome and promulgated by papal authority in 381!

The authority of Christ in His apostolic church gave is the authentic scriptures, and the authentic interpretation!

For hundreds of years the authority of Christ acted and operated in His apostolic church without scripture, and the apostolic church wrote the New Testament.

By what authority did Luther rejected Jude, hebrews, James and revelation or the English Bible society reject seven books of the Old Testament? No authority none are apostles, only by the whims of the “tradition of men”!

Well, there were two apostles, and four prophets, and two pastors, six evangelists, and four teachers in Church when the prophecy was given over me with the laying on of hands.
What church?

What so called reformer was an apostle with authority from Christ?

What was reformed btw?

73 that came down to 66.
There is no spiritual relevance with regard to the apocrypha.
73 books that were NOT being read by the Church in the first 1500 years. There's a reason why it's called the Received Text.
The Church of Christ was using them. They Church of Christ received them. They are the Word of God.
But not the apocrypha.

My call Biblical.
I heard the voice of God.
Have you?
Must be verified by the apostles to be an apostle: one who is sent

No self-appointed apostles or pastors or preachers

Only apostolic succession
Thanks

73 that came down to 66.
There is no spiritual relevance with regard to the apocrypha.
73 books that were NOT being read by the Church in the first 1500 years. There's a reason why it's called the Received Text.
The Church of Christ was using them. They Church of Christ received them. They are the Word of God.
But not the apocrypha.
Really? I have a list for every nook of the New Testament if you need it!
Here’s Matthew

There are many references in the Nt to the deuterocanonical books.
References in New Testament Order
Matthew
Matthew 4:4 Wisdom 16:26
Matthew 4:15 1 Maccabees 5:15
Matthew 5:18 Baruch 4:1
Matthew 5:28 Sirach 9:8
Matthew 5:2ss Sirach 25:7-12
Matthew 5:4 Sirach 48:24
Matthew 6:7 Sirach 7:14
Matthew 6:9 Sirach 23:1, 4
Matthew 6:10 1 Maccabees 3:60
Matthew 6:12 Sirach 28:2
Matthew 6:13 Sirach 33:1
Matthew 6:20 Sirach 29:10s
Matthew 6:23 Sirach 14:10
Matthew 6:33 Wisdom 7:11
Matthew 7:12 Tobit 4:15
Matthew 7:12 Sirach 31:15
Matthew 7:16 Sirach 27:6
Matthew 8:11 Baruch 4:37
Matthew 8:21 Tobit 4:3
Matthew 9:36 Judith 11:19
Matthew 9:38 1 Maccabees 12:17
Matthew 10:16 Sirach 13:17
Matthew 11:14 Sirach 48:10
Matthew 11:22 Judith 16:17
Matthew 11:25 Tobit 7:17
Matthew 11:25 Sirach 51:1
Matthew 11:28 Sirach 24:19
Matthew 11:28 Sirach 51:23
Matthew 11:29 Sirach 6:24s
Matthew 11:29 Sirach 6:28s
Matthew 11:29 Sirach 51:26s
Matthew 12:4 2 Maccabees 10:3
Matthew 12:5 Sirach 40:15
Matthew 13:44 Sirach 20:30s
Matthew 16:18 Wisdom 16:13
Matthew 16:22 1 Maccabees 2:21
Matthew 16:27 Sirach 35:22
Matthew 17:11 Sirach 48:10
Matthew 18:10 Tobit 12:15
Matthew 20:2 Tobit 5:15
Matthew 22:13 Wisdom 17:2
Matthew 23:38 Tobit 14:4
Matthew 24:15 1 Maccabees 1:54
Matthew 24:15 2 Maccabees 8:17
Matthew 24:16 1 Maccabees 2:28
Matthew 25:35 Tobit 4:17
Matthew 25:36 Sirach 7:32-35
Matthew 26:38 Sirach 37:2
Matthew 27:24 Daniel 13:46
Matthew 27:43 Wisdom 2:13
Matthew 27:43 Wisdom 2:18-20

Mark
Mark 1:15 Tobit 14:5
Mark 4:5 Sirach 40:15
Mark 4:11 Wisdom 2:22
Mark 5:34 Judith 8:35
Mark 6:49 Wisdom 17:15
Mark 8:37 Sirach 26:14
Mark 9:31 Sirach 2:18
Mark 9:48 Judith 16:17
Mark 10:18 Sirach 4:1
Mark 14:34 Sirach 37:2
Mark 15:29 Wisdom 2:17s

Why should someone else verify what God spoke to me?
I have a direct line to God. No priests, no apostles, no one.
What God spoke to me is between the Almighty and myself.
And I KNOW His voice because He spoke Scripture to me.
And He spoke to me three times before.
I am friends with the Almighty.
I KNOW His voice.
Do you?

Did you also make yourself a priest?
I'm already a priest.

5 Ye also, as lively stones, mmare built up a spiritual house, an holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices, acceptable to God by Jesus Christ. 1 Pet. 2:5.

9 But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, fa peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light: 10 Which in time past were not a people, but are now the people of God: which had not obtained mercy, but now have obtained mercy. 1 Pet. 2:8–10.

Yup. That is me.

Back