Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Lose Your Salvation in Two Easy Steps

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Rev 2:7 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith to the churches. To him that overcometh, to him will I give to eat of the tree of life, which is in the Paradise of God.

Rev 2:11 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith to the churches. He that overcometh shall not be hurt of the second death.

Rev 2:17 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith to the churches. To him that overcometh, to him will I give of the hidden manna, and I will give him a white stone, and upon the stone a new name written, which no one knoweth but he that receiveth it.

Rev 2:26 And he that overcometh, and he that keepeth my works unto the end, to him will I give authority over the nations:

Rev 3:5 He that overcometh shall thus be arrayed in white garments; and I will in no wise blot his name out of the book of life, and I will confess his name before my Father, and before his angels.

Rev 3:12 He that overcometh, I will make him a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go out thence no more: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, the new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God, and mine own new name.

Rev 3:21 He that overcometh, I will give to him to sit down with me in my throne, as I also overcame, and sat down with my Father in his throne.

Rev 21:7 He that overcometh shall inherit these things; and I will be his God, and he shall be my son.

Cornelius said:
Its the fruit of repentance that shows if somebody is in fact saved or not. Notice that in this verse they are warned not to claim Abraham as the reason that they are God's children.Its the same for Christians who claim that they can be God's children by just "believing in Jesus" as if the belief in a historical figure and actually produce salvation.

I'm sure everyone knows belief is more than what even the devils do. :biglaugh
It's quite obvious not everyone who claims to be born again is actually born again.
Are they a new creature? Has their heart been changed? Do they desire and love the Lord?
If so...they will never be lost, be unsaved, or forsaken.

How we know them is by their fruit....the fruit of the Holy Spirit.
Gal. 5:22-23 said:
But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.

Repentance results in a circumcision of our heart. God fills us with His love and puts a holy fear in our heart, along with a desire to follow Him. It's the work of God in the heart of man. It's really quite simple except when man starts insisting he needs to help God save him and keep him.

glorydaz said:
MarkT said:
Branches will be broken off. Don't be deceived. The word of God is like water to a tree. The delight in riches chokes off the word - the tree doesn't get water, the branch withers. It is broken off and tossed into the fire. Don't think just because the branch has sprung forth that it can not wither and die. Even the elect, especially the elect are chasened.

The elect are chastened...we sons of God.
That has nothing to do with losing one's salvation.

You're speaking of those who hear the Word of God but do not draw sustenance from the vine. They have not been born again...they spring up in rocky soil...they do not have the Holy Spirit so bear no fruit.

No. I'm speaking of those who hear the word, but the cares of the world and the delight in riches choke the word, and it proves unfruitful. Mt. 13:22

glorydaz said:
Cornelius said:
Its the fruit of repentance that shows if somebody is in fact saved or not. Notice that in this verse they are warned not to claim Abraham as the reason that they are God's children.Its the same for Christians who claim that they can be God's children by just "believing in Jesus" as if the belief in a historical figure and actually produce salvation.

I'm sure everyone knows belief is more than what even the devils do. :biglaugh
It's quite obvious not everyone who claims to be born again is actually born again.
Are they a new creature? Has their heart been changed? Do they desire and love the Lord?
If so...they will never be lost, be unsaved, or forsaken.

How we know them is by their fruit....the fruit of the Holy Spirit.
Gal. 5:22-23 said:
But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.

Repentance results in a circumcision of our heart. God fills us with His love and puts a holy fear in our heart, along with a desire to follow Him. It's the work of God in the heart of man. It's really quite simple except when man starts insisting he needs to help God save him and keep him.

Amen.

There is no "insisting to help God" when we are obedient to the Word. It is God that insist that we are obedient to His Word.Joh 14:15 If ye love me, ye will keep my commandments.

MarkT said:
No. I'm speaking of those who hear the word, but the cares of the world and the delight in riches choke the word, and it proves unfruitful. Mt. 13:22

You are correct. Mt 13 describes all humans who get into contact with the Word. In the first example, they do not even get the Word into them and so they are not changed.(the wayside)

Then we have those who hear the Word and accepted Jesus : Mat 13:5 and others fell upon the rocky places, where they had not much earth: and straightway they sprang up, because they had no deepness of earth: But then the sun came up and they fell away again .Mat 13:6 and when the sun was risen, they were scorched; and because they had no root, they withered away. (They fell away from salvation )

The second group also fell away from salvation : Mat 13:7 And others fell upon the thorns; and the thorns grew up and choked them: (no life left in them, they are choked)

But the good soil is the only soil that produces fruit :Mat 13:8 and others fell upon the good ground, and yielded fruit, some a hundredfold, some sixty, some thirty. We see that not all Christians produce the same amount of fruit.

This parable is important, because Jesus at the end of it says: Mat 13:9 He that hath ears, let him hear.
Meaning, you will indeed need spiritual ears, to be able to understand this.

And yet I am not saying Jesus will lose any of his sheep. I'm glad to hear of your faith. I'm just saying it's important to remember the things we were taught. Jesus didn't give us teachings and warnings for us to ignore them. Examine yourselves. Take heed. I'm with you my friends.

I am relying on the grace of God for my salvation. If I am supposed to keep some kind of law to be saved, some kind of special works, then I guess I am out of luck. I’ve never met anyone who didn’t fail in some way or another in regard to any kind of law. And I’ve seen a lot of laws from the OT law to the supposedly NT law to all kinds of denominational laws. Guess they’re all out of luck too.

And if I have to hope that I die with Jesus Christ as my Lord, guess I’m out of luck there too, because that really depends on how I feel at the moment. Sometimes he isn’t my Lord. I generally come back to my senses eventually. But I don’t base my assurance of salvation on my own weak nature. If that’s all I have going for me, then I’m lost and every Christian I know or have heard of is lost. Not much of a religion if that’s the case. Indeed, it isn’t any different from any other religion if that’s the case.

And I’m not relying on my great faith in Christ either. Never had a great faith. I’ve met a lot of people who are depending on their own great faith to save them. Sure hope they’re right about their great faith.

JamesG

MarkT said:
And yet I am not saying Jesus will lose any of his sheep. I'm glad to hear of your faith. I'm just saying it's important to remember the things we were taught. Jesus didn't give us teachings and warnings for us to ignore them. Examine yourselves. Take heed. I'm with you my friends.

No He will not. But many think that salvation is just a stepping over a line and believing Jesus is the Son of God and that is it. No obedience necessary., just believe and be sorry, be sorry, be sorry etc.

The point is not if the elect are chosen at the end, the point really is : Are all those who claim Jesus as Lord, going to make it?

If yes, then all of these must make it too (They are obviously professing Christians, because they call Him "Lord" )

So are these Christians saved? No of course not, they will fall away .Mat 7:21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father who is in heaven. So we see it is not the Christians that "saith" that enter, but the Christians that "doeth" .

Jesus is talking to believers here. After all they are driving out demons in His name.

Mat 7:22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy by thy name, and by thy name cast out demons, and by thy name do many mighty works?
Mat 7:23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.
Mat 7:24 Every one therefore that heareth these words of mine, and doeth them, shall be likened unto a wise man, who built his house upon the rock:
Mat 7:25 and the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and if fell not: for it was founded upon the rock.
Mat 7:26 And every one that heareth these words of mine, and doeth them not, shall be likened unto a foolish man, who built his house upon the sand:
Mat 7:27 and the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and smote upon that house; and it fell: and great was the fall thereof.
Mat 7:28 And it came to pass, when Jesus had

Well if any Christian believes that "depart from me" means "welcome to heaven" then I suppose there is a good reason why the Lord is keeping them blind to the truth. I cannot venture to say why, because in reality He is the only one who can open eyes and ears. But I am sure, that many will read these verses, then think very hard to explain, why they are not talking about Christians.

AVBunyan said:
Since you folks refuse to deal with the passages I presented then carry on with out me - I've had enough.

Hi AvB

Eyes and ears closed. :sad :shades

Too many think that being saved and born again gives one a liscence to sin. And as of yet, not one person has said this. Yet we see posters making this claim. Deaf ? Blind ? :shrug

Some are over zeleous to make their point, and totally ignore "logos" = Logic :shrug :screwloose

Yet we have to realize that it is God who openes up the eyes of their understanding. Bring forth the light, then leave it up to God. :pray

Quote Cornelius: " Are all those who claim Jesus as Lord, going to make it? "

Hi C.

The answer is -- no ! Some will say that Jesus is their Lord, but Jesus will say I never knew you.

If Jesus "never" knew them, then these are the ones who are not going to make it. These are false brethren. One can not call Jesus Lord, except by the Holy Spirit. And only one called and chosen can call Jesus Lord.

We need not be concerned with those that are saved, as far as them staying saved. And the one's who are not saved, the false brethren, we need not be concerned with their salvation either, because their fate is sealed in stone.

The only concerns we should have, are of those who are saved, and helping them to remain in a righteous walk. And if they fall, to restore them back into a righteous walk. They must start walking in righteousness, or the condition will be a loss of rewards. And rewards only ! !

The OSAS doctrine has led the church to the condition it is in today. Some call it the great apostasy. The irony is that people (who eschew self-righteousness, seemingly) claim to be saved by their own faith. They justify themselves, not according to the law, but according to their faith. It's," I believe therefore I am." We are saved if we don't follow the law. The law, apparently was there to fool people! God never wanted us to be good! He likes us this way! We can now teach others this belief. We can claim the same thing as the Pharisees in their day...but with a new twist. They also claimed to be saved. There is a new scheme afoot. So if we repeat a prayer of receiving Jesus as a personal saviour...that's it! Eternally saved, glorified, and sanctified. If only men through history had realized that this was all that God was looking for! So many perished in the wilderness for lack of this simple declaration. This is the knowledge that the lack thereof causes one to perish...God is glorified through our sinfulness and rebellion! Wow! Unconditional salvation!

The problem lies in the fact that the Jews were rejected for unbelief. Now, we think that means they didn't receive Christ, but of course the Israelites in the wilderness didn't have tracts to read and recite. Would that have changed the outcome? It was unbelief in the reality of God and disobedience to the commandments of God. Many believers today believe that the rules have changed for men in the flesh. The message is.."men don't change...God does!!!" So God realized that He was too hard on the Jews so He now lets Gentiles get away with murder. He somehow loves us more than the Israelites. We aren't supposed to obey God at all...just accept Jesus! God can be ignored completely through Jesus who goes to bat for us.

The result of this scheme is unrighteousness, and unholiness.

Christians used to be remarkable for their righteousness and holiness...but no longer. He loves us the way we are...evil! God has apparently become senile???? What a scheme!!!

Adullam said:
The OSAS doctrine has led the church to the condition it is in today. Some call it the great apostasy. The irony is that people (who eschew self-righteousness semingly) claim to be saved by their faith. They justify themselves, not according to the law, but according to faith. It's," I believe therefore I am." So if we repeat a prayer of receiving Jesus as a personal saviour...that's it! Eternally saved, glorified, and sanctified. If only men through history had realized that this was all that God was looking for! So many perished in the wilderness for lack of this simple declaration.

The problem lies in the fact that the Jews were rejected for unbelief. Now, we think that means they didn't receive Christ, but the Israelites in the wilderness didn't have tracts to read and recite. It was unbelief in the reality of God and disobedience to the commandments of God. Many believers today beieve that the rulew have changed for men in the flesh. The message is.."men don't change...God does!!!" So God realized that He was too hard on the Jews so He now lets Gentiles get away with murder. He somehow loves us more than the Israelites. We aren't supposed to obey God at all...just accept Jesus! God can be ignored completely through Jesus who goes to bat for us.

Christians used to be remarkable for their righteousness and holiness...but no longer. He loves us the way we are...evil! God has apparently become senile????

No, not God !

Just posters ! :lol :yes

Mysteryman said:

Hi C.

The answer is -- no ! Some will say that Jesus is their Lord, but Jesus will say I never knew you.

If Jesus "never" knew them, then these are the ones who are not going to make it. These are false brethren. One can not call Jesus Lord, except by the Holy Spirit. And only one called and chosen can call Jesus Lord.

We need not be concerned with those that are saved, as far as them staying saved. And the one's who are not saved, the false brethren, we need not be concerned with their salvation either, because their fate is sealed in stone.

The only concerns we should have, are of those who are saved, and helping them to remain in a righteous walk. And if they fall, to restore them back into a righteous walk. They must start walking in righteousness, or the condition will be a loss of rewards. And rewards only ! !

Where does Jesus speak of loss of rewards? I asked you this before, but got nothing of note.

EVERY parable concerned with our eternal fate mentions two fates. Either a person is going to enjoy the Banquet in Heaven, or they will be cast out into the night. If you want to call being cast out into the night a "reward", that's quite an interesting spin... Note Matthew 25 and THEIR fate, and they didn't even do what we might consider to be evil. Either eternal damnation or eternal life. Nothing about "lesser rewards"...

francisdesales said:
Mysteryman said:

Hi C.

Where does Jesus speak of loss of rewards? I asked you this before, but got nothing of note.

EVERY parable concerned with our eternal fate mentions two fates. Either a person is going to enjoy the Banquet in Heaven, or they will be cast out into the night. If you want to call being cast out into the night a "reward", that's quite an interesting spin... Note Matthew 25 and THEIR fate, and they didn't even do what we might consider to be evil. Either eternal damnation or eternal life. Nothing about "lesser rewards"...

Hi

I Corinth. 3:8

I Corinth. 3:14

I Corinth. 9:16 & 17

2 John 8

Suffer loss

I Corinth. 3:15

Galatians 6:9

Adullam said:
The OSAS doctrine has led the church to the condition it is in today. Some call it the great apostasy. The irony is that people (who eschew self-righteousness, seemingly) claim to be saved by their own faith. They justify themselves, not according to the law, but according to their faith. It's," I believe therefore I am." We are saved if we don't follow the law. The law, apparently was there to fool people! God never wanted us to be good! He likes us this way! We can now teach others this belief. We can claim the same thing as the Pharisees in their day...but with a new twist. They also claimed to be saved. There is a new scheme afoot. So if we repeat a prayer of receiving Jesus as a personal saviour...that's it! Eternally saved, glorified, and sanctified. If only men through history had realized that this was all that God was looking for! So many perished in the wilderness for lack of this simple declaration. This is the knowledge that the lack thereof causes one to perish...God is glorified through our sinfulness and rebellion! Wow! Unconditional salvation!

The problem lies in the fact that the Jews were rejected for unbelief. Now, we think that means they didn't receive Christ, but of course the Israelites in the wilderness didn't have tracts to read and recite. Would that have changed the outcome? It was unbelief in the reality of God and disobedience to the commandments of God. Many believers today believe that the rules have changed for men in the flesh. The message is.."men don't change...God does!!!" So God realized that He was too hard on the Jews so He now lets Gentiles get away with murder. He somehow loves us more than the Israelites. We aren't supposed to obey God at all...just accept Jesus! God can be ignored completely through Jesus who goes to bat for us.

Christians used to be remarkable for their righteousness and holiness...but no longer. He loves us the way we are...evil! God has apparently become senile???? What a scheme!!!
So true.
Those doctrines are responsible for apostasy and worldliness and do great harm to the body of Christ. I named a specific church that was carnal and worldly because of the OSAS doctrine, and I was personally involved in another one where the pastor refused to preach on obedience because the members were "already saved", according to him. During the time this ex Baptist preacher was there I watched that church fling open wide its doors to worldliness and carnality, the comparison was like night and day.
We left that church and never went back to organized religion again; I know first hand what doctrines such as OSAS can do to a congregation. This is why I passionately stand against such heresy.

There are two laws that one can work towards the eternal salvation offered through Christ.

The first is to love your neighbour as yourself. This is an OT standard that entreats us to treat others as ourselves. This is called the golden rule...the royal law.

The second is to love God with everything you have and are. Faith and surrender to God!

In Christ, both ways become one. We walk supernaturally doing what the Spirit is showing us moment by moment. Walking in the Spirit is the training of Christ. We can only remain there through the training of righteousness. While we remain in God's presence we experience and radiate His holiness.

destiny said:
Adullam said:

So true.
Those doctrines are responsible for apostasy and worldliness and do great harm to the body of Christ. I named a specific church that was carnal and worldly because of the OSAS doctrine, and I was personally involved in another one where the pastor refused to preach on obedience because the members were "already saved", according to him. During the time this ex Baptist preacher was there I watched that church fling open wide its doors to worldliness and carnality, the comparison was like night and day.
We left that church and never went back to organized religion again; I know first hand what doctrines such as OSAS can do to a congregation. This is why I passionately stand against such heresy.

Amen! A worthy stand!

Back