Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Bible Study Must we be born again?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
There is one more scripture that is worthy of our attention in this matter, of showing the connection of believing, repentance and baptism.

It comes from Acts chapter 8, where Phillip leads the Ethiopian eunuch (Gentile) to the Lord.

What an amazing story!!!

Key Verses:

Then Philip opened his mouth, and beginning at this Scripture, preached Jesus to him. Now as they went down the road, they came to some water. And the eunuch said, “See, here is water. What hinders me from being baptized?” Acts 8:35-36

Phillip started in Isaiah, and preached Jesus to him.

The result is the Ethiopian eunuch asking to be baptized in water.

Phillip obviously included water baptism in the “preaching of Jesus” for salvation.

Hard to ignore this kind of evidence.

JLB
Thank you brother, i was going to bring this amazing story up as well.

If we clear the denominational clutter that distorts baptism, we see two things.

1. No where in scripture does Jesus command anyone to be baptized but only that believers will baptize in the name of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
2. As we see with the eunuch, he responds to the gospel and wants to be baptized.

What I gather is this. One who is new to the faith will desire to be baptized as a response to the gospel of our Lord and Savior and not due to the pressure of the "church" as to increase membership or a false since of salvation.

JLB
Thanks a bunch.
Who saved Noah? Obviously Noah had to be obedient and act purely on faith. But it was God who saved him, Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. All were involved, exactly who did what part I could only speculate on. And I know they are One, always in agreement, always acting in unison but it is difficult, for me anyway, to put into words the actions of the Trinity without it SOUNDING like they are three different entities, even though that is not what I believe. Therefore when I say God, I mean the full Godhead.
Peter uses Noah as a type. Noah saves his family. Baptism is an antitype, which is to say it is symbolic of Noah. In this case, we are saved by Jesus. There is much we could write on types and antitypes in regard to Noah and Jesus.

Reactions: JLB
Who saved Noah? Obviously Noah had to be obedient and act purely on faith. But it was God who saved him, Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.

Yes. The example of the righteousness of faith involves our obedience.

Grace is also involved.

We receive faith when God speaks to us, and His Spirit, His grace is also imparted to us as well.

His grace enables or empowers us to do what He asks, whether it’s repent, or build an Ark and gather all the animals in it.

Grace is His Spirit; The Spirit of grace.

Amen

JLB

Thank you brother, i was going to bring this amazing story up as well.

If we clear the denominational clutter that distorts baptism, we see two things.

1. No where in scripture does Jesus command anyone to be baptized but only that believers will baptize in the name of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
2. As we see with the eunuch, he responds to the gospel and wants to be baptized.

What I gather is this. One who is new to the faith will desire to be baptized as a response to the gospel of our Lord and Savior and not due to the pressure of the "church" as to increase membership or a false since of salvation.

Amen and amen.

Nevertheless we preach the truth and the Holy Spirit will convict and convince as He see’s fit.

JLB

Peter uses Noah as a type. Noah saves his family. Baptism is an antitype, which is to say it is symbolic of Noah. In this case, we are saved by Jesus. There is much we could write on types and antitypes in regard to Noah and Jesus.

We seem to have a knowledgeable group here.

Hopefully we all can express some of these amazing shadows and types.

JLB

SB
Just a friendly disagreement here. In the passage referred to 2Peter:2;5? Peter is discussing false prophets (teachers) that were invading the church AT THAT TIME. His reference to Noah, as well as all the person's mentioned, was in regard to the power of God to save. Not a type but an actual person. The account of Noah and Peter's reference to him had absolutely nothing do with baptism even as a type. If a person is reminded of such things when reading scripture or they see similarities, that is fine, good in fact,(my opinion), but that doesn't mean that is what the scripture is saying. Searching for types and symbols can make us miss the message.
R

SB
Just a friendly disagreement here. In the passage referred to 2Peter:2;5? Peter is discussing false prophets (teachers) that were invading the church AT THAT TIME. His reference to Noah, as well as all the person's mentioned, was in regard to the power of God to save. Not a type but an actual person. The account of Noah and Peter's reference to him had absolutely nothing do with baptism even as a type. If a person is reminded of such things when reading scripture or they see similarities, that is fine, good in fact,(my opinion), but that doesn't mean that is what the scripture is saying. Searching for types and symbols can make us miss the message.
R
Peter likes to talk about Noah. He knows and understands the story well, as should all Jewish children. The story is broad with depth in so many applicable areas.

In 1Peter 3:21, the kjv renders "The like figure". The ESV renders it, " a true likeness". The YLT renders it, "also to which an antitype"

As 7 souls we're saved by Noah from a corrupt world, how much more will we be saved through Jesus?

Edit to add:
I agree. The improper use of types and antitypes can lead one astray. We must always use caution when dealing with them.

Last edited:
We seem to have a knowledgeable group here.

Hopefully we all can express some of these amazing shadows and types.

JLB
Yes, and we all have something to bring to the table that will continue to build our faith and understanding of how great and marvelous our savior is.

You have brought much to our growth.

SB
R

Thanks for sharing. Your passion is really awesome.

Could you clarify a little for us what you mean by this statement?

The account of Noah and Peter's reference to him had absolutely nothing do with baptism even as a type.

I mean Peter mentions baptism, as well as antitype and Noah and the Ark.

Why would you say it has nothing to do with baptism or a type?

who formerly were disobedient, when once the Divine longsuffering waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was being prepared, in which a few, that is, eight souls, were saved through water. There is also an antitype which now saves us—baptism (not the removal of the filth of the flesh, but the answer of a good conscience toward God), through the resurrection of Jesus Christ, 1 Peter 3:21-22

Thanks JLB

That's a gratuitous assertion without any support. This is Bible study forum not a debate forum. And gratuitous assertions have never been allowed anywhere except for describing your personal feelings of happy, sad and loneliness (in a different forum)

Sooooo
In bible study it's not necessary for all of us to agree.

I studied in two different churches:

1. The Catholic church believes the water in John 3 is speaking about baptism.

2. The Nazarene church believes that it's referring to amniotic fluid for the reasons that JLB states.

His assertion is not gratuitous.
Nicodemus clearly asks how he could return to his mother's womb which would seem to support the idea that the water is birth water.

The O.T. speaks a lot about water and how it saves. By the time Jesus spoke to Nicodemus, baptism of believers for forgiveness of sin was being practiced by John the Baptist, so Jesus could have meant baptism.

Your belief is also very valid.
I don't know how we could possibly be certain of what Jesus had in mind.

Reactions: JLB
baptism of believers for forgiveness of sin was being practiced by John the Baptist, so Jesus could have meant baptism
Cough cough....
Johns Baptism was for repentance.

Matthew 3:11 I indeed baptize you with water unto repentance. but he that cometh after me is mightier than I, whose shoes I am not worthy to bear: he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost, and with fire:

I do not believe repentance is a synonym for forgiveness. Both words in the Hebrew and Greek carry different meanings.

I believe the normative is belief, repentance, forgiveness.

Cough cough....

Matthew 3:11 I indeed baptize you with water unto repentance. but he that cometh after me is mightier than I, whose shoes I am not worthy to bear: he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost, and with fire:

I do not believe repentance is a synonym for forgiveness. Both words in the Hebrew and Greek carry different meanings.

SB,
According to YOUR normative listed above....
belief brings about repentance,
repentance brings about forgiveness.

It's all correlated. One leads to the other.

Mathew 3:6 states that as they confessed their sins, they were being baptized by John. Why confess sins if not for forgiveness?

Mathew 3:8 John tells the pharisees to bring forth fruit in keeping with repentance....that would be the good fruit of repentance.

1. Not only were those being baptized SORRY for their sins so that those sins could be forgiven....

but

2. They REPENTED. Which means to turn the other way from which they were headed.....to turn TO GOD. When we turn to God, we are forgiven.

This is why I believe the word "water" in John 3:5 means word as in living word. I see nothing wrong with being immersed in water like John's water baptism, but I see it as only an outward appearance of an inward conversion through the Spiritual rebirth from above.

Romans 10:17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

Ephesians 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: 9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

Galatians 3:6 Even as Abraham believed God, and it was accounted to him for righteousness. 7 Know ye therefore that they which are of faith, the same are the children of Abraham. 8 And the scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the heathen through faith, preached before the gospel unto Abraham, saying, In thee shall all nations be blessed. 9 So then they which be of faith are blessed with faithful Abraham.

John 1:1-14, read all the verses, but especially notice vs. 13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God. This is the Spiritual rebirth from above Jesus was teaching Nicodemus in John 3 and has nothing to do with literal water. The word made flesh in Christ brings salvation to all who hear the preaching of the Gospel. First comes hearing then confessing we are sinners needing God's grace through faith as we repent of our sins accepting Jesus as Lord and Savior. Once we accept Jesus as Lord and Savior them immediately comes the baptism Christ talked about being God's gift of the Holy Spirit as we are baptized into Christ as we are indwelled with the Holy Spirit as we are sealed unto the day of redemption, Ephesians 4:30. Everything comes by the word of God and by His Holy Spirit, not by water.

Matthew 3:11 I indeed baptize you with water unto repentance: but he that cometh after me is mightier than I, whose shoes I am not worthy to bear: he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost, and with fire:

John's baptism by immersion in water was only for repentance as an outward appearance to others as in, "prepare ye the way of the Lord make straight your path". It was in preparation for the coming of Christ in accepting Him as Lord and Savior. We are not made clean by being immersed in water, but only by the blood of the Lamb, Isaiah 1:18; Matthew 26:26-28; Romans 3:5; Hebrews 9:22; 1 John 1:7.

John 4:1 When therefore the Lord knew how the Pharisees had heard that Jesus made and baptized more disciples than John, 2 (Though Jesus himself baptized not, but his disciples,) 3 He left Judaea, and departed again into Galilee. Since there is a comma before "but his disciples" this can be taken two different ways. Meaning Christ only water baptized His 12 disciples or the disciples baptized others in water which could be a possibility even before the commission in Matthew 28:19, 20, but can only be speculated. The original letters would not have had punctuation and we need to read without punctuation that can change the meaning of the original letters.

The baptism of Christ being that of the indwelling of the Holy Spirit could not be done until Jesus ascended up to heaven and then God sent down His Holy Spirit to indwell those by faith that confessed Jesus as Lord and Savior like the 120 in the upper room when according to Acts 1:3 Christ To whom also he showed himself alive after his passion by many infallible proofs, being seen of them forty days, and speaking of the things pertaining to the kingdom of God: 4 And, being assembled together with them, commanded them that they should not depart from Jerusalem, but wait for the promise of the Father, which, saith he, ye have heard of me. 5 For John truly baptized with water; but ye shall be baptized with the Holy Ghost not many days hence.

There are around 1526 instances of living water in the Bible and here are just a few: John 4:4-26; 7:37-39; 12:44-50; Ephesians 5:26; 1 John 5:5-8; Jeremiah 17:13; Zechariah 14:8, 9; Rev 21:6-8; Ezekiel 47:22

Thanks for sharing. Your passion is really awesome.

Could you clarify a little for us what you mean by this statement?

I mean Peter mentions baptism, as well as antitype and Noah and the Ark.

Why would you say it has nothing to do with baptism or a type?

who formerly were disobedient, when once the Divine longsuffering waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was being prepared, in which a few, that is, eight souls, were saved through water. There is also an antitype which now saves us—baptism (not the removal of the filth of the flesh, but the answer of a good conscience toward God), through the resurrection of Jesus Christ, 1 Peter 3:21-22

Thanks JLB
JLB
My apologies. The exact reference being discussed was not stated in the post I read and I was "explaining" on the mention of Noah in 2Peter 2: 4,5.

On 1Peter3: 18-22 Though the ark that saved Noah and his family is referred to as an antitype of Christ, (in the NT an earthly EXPRESSION of a spiritual reality) Peter wasn't actually saying the ark at the time and place it existed was representing Christ. And maybe no one in this thread is either, May just be my over sensitivity to focus on signs, and symbols and representing I have come across even from pulpits, thereby bypassing meaning.
However the water of the flood was a judgement and I think what Peter may be saying is that the ark saving from God's judgement is the same type of thing that our immersion (baptism) into Christ saves believers from God's judgement. I suggest he wasn't talking about water baptism at all.

Why? Noah wasn't saved by water but really in spite of it as the flood was a judgement. And also Peter makes a point of saying this baptism of which he speaks is not water that removes dirt but rather the answer of a good conscience toward God through the resurrection of Jesus Christ. Also other places in the Bible let us know that salvation is by faith alone, that baptism does not save, so that can't be what he meant. He was talking about a baptism that saves, belonging to (being in) Christ.
Cough cough....

It's true. There were no believers yet as the One in whom it is required that believers believe in, had not yet been revealed. And the repentance of John's baptism was mainly for apostate Jews who had turned away or were indifferent to God. Anyway, that is my understanding.

SB,
According to YOUR normative listed above....
belief brings about repentance,
repentance brings about forgiveness.

It's all correlated. One leads to the other.

Mathew 3:6 states that as they confessed their sins, they were being baptized by John. Why confess sins if not for forgiveness?

Mathew 3:8 John tells the pharisees to bring forth fruit in keeping with repentance....that would be the good fruit of repentance.

1. Not only were those being baptized SORRY for their sins so that those sins could be forgiven....

but

2. They REPENTED. Which means to turn the other way from which they were headed.....to turn TO GOD. When we turn to God, we are forgiven.
I understand what you are saying. However, it does not mitigate Johns Baptism was a baptism of repentance.

In those days came John the Baptist, preaching in the wilderness of Judaea,

2 And saying, Repent ye: for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.

3 For this is he that was spoken of by the prophet Esaias, saying, The voice of one crying in the wilderness, Prepare ye the way of the Lord, make his paths straight

Johns role was to prepare the way for the Messiah. Not only that, but forgiveness came through the sacrificial system. I believe Leviticus 4 outlines the requirements for the sin offering when said sin was unintentional. I would have to look at which sin offering is required for intentional sin.

The baptism in the name of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit is for the forgiveness of sin.

Matthew 9:And Jesus knowing their thoughts said, Wherefore think ye evil in your hearts?

5 For whether is easier, to say, Thy sins be forgiven thee; or to say, Arise, and walk?

6 But that ye may know that the Son of man hath power on earth to forgive sins, (then saith he to the sick of the palsy,) Arise, take up thy bed, and go unto thine house.

JLB
My apologies. The exact reference being discussed was not stated in the post I read and I was "explaining" on the mention of Noah in 2Peter 2: 4,5.

On 1Peter3: 18-22 Though the ark that saved Noah and his family is referred to as an antitype of Christ, (in the NT an earthly EXPRESSION of a spiritual reality) Peter wasn't actually saying the ark at the time and place it existed was representing Christ. And maybe no one in this thread is either, May just be my over sensitivity to focus on signs, and symbols and representing I have come across even from pulpits, thereby bypassing meaning.
However the water of the flood was a judgement and I think what Peter may be saying is that the ark saving from God's judgement is the same type of thing that our immersion (baptism) into Christ saves believers from God's judgement. I suggest he wasn't talking about water baptism at all.

Why? Noah wasn't saved by water but really in spite of it as the flood was a judgement. And also Peter makes a point of saying this baptism of which he speaks is not water that removes dirt but rather the answer of a good conscience toward God through the resurrection of Jesus Christ. Also other places in the Bible let us know that salvation is by faith alone, that baptism does not save, so that can't be what he meant. He was talking about a baptism that saves, belonging to (being in) Christ.

It's true. There were no believers yet as the One in whom it is required that believers believe in, had not yet been revealed. And the repentance of John's baptism was mainly for apostate Jews who had turned away or were indifferent to God. Anyway, that is my understanding.

Thanks for your thoughtful response.

I look forward to more discussion’s with you in other threads.

Be blessed.

JLB

I understand what you are saying. However, it does not mitigate Johns Baptism was a baptism of repentance.

In those days came John the Baptist, preaching in the wilderness of Judaea,

2 And saying, Repent ye: for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.

3 For this is he that was spoken of by the prophet Esaias, saying, The voice of one crying in the wilderness, Prepare ye the way of the Lord, make his paths straight

Johns role was to prepare the way for the Messiah. Not only that, but forgiveness came through the sacrificial system. I believe Leviticus 4 outlines the requirements for the sin offering when said sin was unintentional. I would have to look at which sin offering is required for intentional sin.

The baptism in the name of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit is for the forgiveness of sin.

Matthew 9:And Jesus knowing their thoughts said, Wherefore think ye evil in your hearts?

5 For whether is easier, to say, Thy sins be forgiven thee; or to say, Arise, and walk?

6 But that ye may know that the Son of man hath power on earth to forgive sins, (then saith he to the sick of the palsy,) Arise, take up thy bed, and go unto thine house.
I agree with the above but have two questions then:

1. You say John's baptism was for repentance.
Do you understand repentance to include the forgiveness of sin?

Jesus said "repent for the Kingdom of God is at hand".
Mathew 4:17

To enter into the Kingdom of God (here...the earthly kingdom) wouldn't one's sins have to be forgiven?

2. Yes. Leviticus was for unintentional sin. You say that the sacrificial system was not in force yet at the time of John the Baptist.

But sins were forgiven even in the O.T.
I don't quite understand why you make this distinction...

In the O.T. they were forgiven by animal sacrifice....
In the N.T. they are forgiven by Jesus' sacrifice...

John got stuck in the middle...but there still had to be a method to forgive sins...

1. You say John's baptism was for repentance.
Do you understand repentance to include the forgiveness of sin?

Jesus said "repent for the Kingdom of God is at hand".
Mathew 4:17

To enter into the Kingdom of God (here...the earthly kingdom) wouldn't one's sins have to be forgiven?
Hi Wondering,
Great questions, I've never thought about it like that, so lets see what I can come up with.
First, repentance is not the same as forgiveness. Repentance is understanding that you've sinned (Missed the mark on how God wants us to live) and then making it right.

Luke 3:12-14 Then came also publicans to be baptized, and said unto him, Master, what shall we do? And he said unto them, Exact no more than that which is appointed you. And the soldiers likewise demanded of him, saying, And what shall we do? And he said unto them, Do violence to no man, neither accuse any falsely; and be content with your wages.

Ephesians 4:28 Let him that stole steal no more: but rather let him labour, working with his hands the thing which is good, that he may have to give to him that needeth.

Forgiveness actually benefits us as much as the one who did us wrong in that it leaves a door open for reconciliation.
Matthew 6:14-15 For if ye forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you: But if ye forgive not men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.

The best example I can give is Jesus on the cross.
Matthew 27:24-25 When Pilate saw that he could prevail nothing, but that rather a tumult was made, he took water, and washed his hands before the multitude, saying, I am innocent of the blood of this just person: see ye to it. Then answered all the people, and said, His blood be on us, and on our children.

Yet Jesus says,
Luke 23:34 Then said Jesus, Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do. And they parted his raiment, and cast lots.

This is crucial because on the day of Pentecost, we see these same people that crucified Jesus come to the realization that they committed a grave mistake. Because Jesus asked for their forgiveness, it left room for them to repent.

Acts 2:38-39 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost. For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call.

They crucified Jesus and the fruit of their repentance is seen numerically. Like Paul who was a enemy of Christ, these 3,000 also turned to make disciples as noted by the multitudes that were baptized within the adjoining chapters.

As far as the Kingdom of Heaven, it's worthy to note that this phrase is used in Matthew's gospel since he is writing to a Jewish community. In the other gospels it is called the Kingdom of God.

Jesus starts his gospel of the Kingdom in Matthew 5 in what we know as the b attitudes. The Kingdom of Heaven (on earth) is created when we do God's will on earth. As Jesus teaches us to pray in that same sermon, "Your will be done, on earth as it is in heaven". It's about what we do and why we do it because what we do makes a difference. I could write much more, but this is already getting lengthy.

2. Yes. Leviticus was for unintentional sin. You say that the sacrificial system was not in force yet at the time of John the Baptist.

But sins were forgiven even in the O.T.
I don't quite understand why you make this distinction...

In the O.T. they were forgiven by animal sacrifice....
In the N.T. they are forgiven by Jesus' sacrifice...

John got stuck in the middle...but there still had to be a method to forgive sins...
Did I say that the that the sacrificial system was not in force yet at the time of John the Baptist? If I did, that was a huge typo on my end lol!

The only thing I think needs to be mentioned is that John the Baptist was the forerunner preparing the way for Jesus under the Sinai Covenant. The new covenant in the Blood of Jesus does not occur until the Crucifixion. Under the Sinai Covenant, forgiveness from God occurred at the Alter. Under the new covenant, we have Jesus as our High Priest and the cross functions as the altar.

This new Covenant was mentioned by Jeremiah.
Jeremiah 31:31-32 Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah: Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the LORD:

Matthew 26:28 For this is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sins. (we understand that the word testament is the same word covenant).

Must we be born again?

And what exactly does this mean?

Jesus said we must be born again...or we cannot see the Kingdom of God.
John 3:3 NASB

Jesus said we must be born of spirit...or we cannot enter into the Kingdom of God.
John 3:5

Do the following all have the same meaning?:
Born Again
Born from Above
Born of the Spirit
Born of God

Is being justified the same as being born again?
Job 25:4 Bildad asked: How can man be justified with God? (some versions read "just")
Isaiah 45:25....in the Lord shall Israel be justified.

And what about Mathew 12:37? Jesus said:
"For by your words you will be justified, and by your words you will be condemned".
Examine yourselves to see whether you are in the faith; test yourselves. Do you not realize that Christ Jesus is in you--unless, of course, you fail the test?

And that is what some of you were. But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God.

What some of them were. (past tense)
Or do you not know that wrongdoers will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor men who have sex with men a nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God

Man baptizes with water God baptizes with the Spirit
"I baptize you with water for repentance. But after me comes one who is more powerful than I, whose sandals I am not worthy to carry. He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and fire.

Jesus is the way. Before they were called Christians the movement was called the way.

The Spirit is the Fathers promise given through Jesus. It is a sign to us that we are members of the body of Christ and those God, not man, calls His children. Those in a covenant relationship with God. The inward circumcision of our hearts by the Spirit of Christ - for the Spirit is sent through Him and in His name.

There was importance given in this circumcision
.and asked them, "Did you receive the Holy Spirit when you believed?" They answered, "No, we have not even heard that there is a Holy Spirit."

Even so Jesus is not limited by these words. He judges by HIS righteousness. Otherwise little children of people of other faiths who die would be condemned. However no one who has the Spirit in them at death will die. For God can not disown Himself.

So the Spirit is a sign to us that we belong to Jesus. That we are washed, sanctified and justified in that union as one with Christ Jesus. And that Spirit helps us in our weaknesses. As was taught He that is in us is greater than he that is in the world.

Jesus entered the true tabernacle in heaven by His blood. He purchased the many for God by His blood. There was no other way possible. Jesus submitted to the Fathers will and endured the agony of the cross all for those God would give Him.

Examine yourselves to see whether you are in the faith; test yourselves. Do you not realize that Christ Jesus is in you--unless, of course, you fail the test?

And that is what some of you were. But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God.

What some of them were. (past tense)
Or do you not know that wrongdoers will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor men who have sex with men a nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God

Man baptizes with water God baptizes with the Spirit
"I baptize you with water for repentance. But after me comes one who is more powerful than I, whose sandals I am not worthy to carry. He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and fire.

Jesus is the way. Before they were called Christians the movement was called the way.

The Spirit is the Fathers promise given through Jesus. It is a sign to us that we are members of the body of Christ and those God, not man, calls His children. Those in a covenant relationship with God. The inward circumcision of our hearts by the Spirit of Christ - for the Spirit is sent through Him and in His name.

There was importance given in this circumcision
.and asked them, "Did you receive the Holy Spirit when you believed?" They answered, "No, we have not even heard that there is a Holy Spirit."

Even so Jesus is not limited by these words. He judges by HIS righteousness. Otherwise little children of people of other faiths who die would be condemned. However no one who has the Spirit in them at death will die. For God can not disown Himself.

So the Spirit is a sign to us that we belong to Jesus. That we are washed, sanctified and justified in that union as one with Christ Jesus. And that Spirit helps us in our weaknesses. As was taught He that is in us is greater than he that is in the world.

Jesus entered the true tabernacle in heaven by His blood. He purchased the many for God by His blood. There was no other way possible. Jesus submitted to the Fathers will and endured the agony of the cross all for those God would give Him.
I get you.

Back