Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Questions for those who think the RCC is the Whore.

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,038.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Just a few questions for those who think the Roman Catholic Church is the Whore of Babylon.

Who is the Scarlet Beast?
Who are the 7 kings?
Who are the 10 horns?

More questions will follow depending on answers.
Repost because of site issues.

Are you referring to the word "signified" in Rev 1:1?
That would not mean that the book is figurative.
The word "signified" can be replaced with the phrase 'to make known" without changing anything.
So if this is your basis for your arguments... you have built your argument with no foundation on quicksand.
Yes sir, that is it signified.

The test is when someone else quotes a verse of the Bible that plainly says other than what we believe, and instead of being corrected and change our way of thinking, we either dismiss the Bible, or try to argue around it.
If what someone quotes from the Bible is not interpreted in the context of all scripture, you can discard what they're saying.

I'm keeping an open mind about your insistence that the whore of Babylon is Jerusalem, but right now, in light of the full counsel of scripture, connecting Revelation 11:8 to Revelation 17:18, 14:8, 16:19 doesn't fit. Jerusalem did not reign over the kings of the earth. And it has never been a financial hub in the spirit of ancient Babylon with whom the kings and merchants of the world committed adultery with and grew rich from.

You write too much for me to read.
True. I do get too wordy at times.

You are saying it is the Scripture you are presenting... but I show you how the Scripture disagrees with your statements,
No, you showed how no city on earth yet fits the bill for that great city at the Lord's return.

I already knew that.

No one is saying Jerusalem is now Babylon the Great. Christ is prophesying in His Revelation, that Jerusalem will be that great city Babylon at the end of this age just before His return.

If what someone quotes from the Bible is not interpreted in the context of all scripture, you can discard what they're saying.
True.

I'm keeping an open mind about your insistence that the whore of Babylon is Jerusalem, but right now, in light of the full counsel of scripture, connecting Revelation 11:8 to Revelation 17:18, 14:8, 16:19 doesn't fit. Jerusalem did not reign over the kings of the earth. And it has never been a financial hub in the spirit of ancient Babylon with whom the kings and merchants of the world committed adultery with and grew rich from.
True. However we're not talking about the past nor even today, but about that great city to come at the end of this age just before the Lord's return.

I don't see any great city fitting that bill today, and I do connect those Scriptures to say it will be Jerusalem at the time of the Lord's coming again.

Just a few questions for those who think the Roman Catholic Church is the Whore of Babylon.

Who is the Scarlet Beast?
Who are the 7 kings?
Who are the 10 horns?

More questions will follow depending on answers.
Repost because of site issues.
Well, I do not think the RCC is the Harlot (she is not really of Babylon but that was her so called "headquarters of note" lets say). Since others do not seem to be getting to the points of who the Scarlet Beast, 7 kings and 10 horns are I will give it a go.

The Harlot is merely "False Religion" from Cain to the end time Anti-Christ Beast. It was never Mystery Babylon, it was more like this:

Mystery
1.) Babylon the Great (noted for her False Religion)
2.) Mother of Harlots (False Religion was the original harlotry against God)
3.) Abominations of the earth (God is a jealous God and hates all False Religion)

So, the Harlot (False Religion) was assoc. or co-mingled will all of the Beast Governments until the very last one where the 10 kings kill her off, because that Beast thinks he is the only GOD. Thus when verse 7 says she rides the Beasts back, that is what it means, they were co-mingled and Babylon is the greatest testament unto this, thus John is told in verse 18 to remember what he saw, thus the Harlot is like "That City" Babylon, false religion at its zenith.

The Scarlet Colored Beast is a Demon like Satan, but he is nit Satan so he gets a different shade of red so as not to confuse us (yea right). He also has "no crowns", this is an identifier of sorts. He arises from the bottomless pit, he kills the Two-witnesses in Rev. 11. He an be seen in Rev. 9, he is freed at the first wow, his name is Apollyon. Satan placed him over the Mediterranean Sea Region (MSR) and Israel long ago. After Rome fell he was placed in the pit for the duration of the Church Age. Thus he was.....is nit...yet is. When the 7 Heads (Mountains and kings who fall) are spoken about it is said he was of the 7, but he is an 8th king. This means he was a Demon over Egypt, Assyria, Babylon, Persia Greece and Rome, he is in the pit, he will be released and placed over the Anti-Christ, so he was of the 7 kings and is an 8th king (over the Bottomless Pit) God loves His riddles.

The 7 kings are kings who fall whilst over the Beast system, why did God reduce everything to kings who fall? So he can tell the story of one king (Anti-Christ/Beast) who both arises as the first beast (Mountain of power over the MSR) and also falls, no other king of these 7 heads fits this narrative except the Anti-Christ, he rules a short 42 months, thus the Beast is not the System like Babylon and Rome but one man instead. That is why Dan. 7:11 and Rev. 19:20 shows the Beast, a man, is cast into hellfire. So, the 7 kings who fall are really 7 Beast kingdoms over Israel and the MSR, I named them all above in my answer about the Scarlet Colored Beast. Add in the Anti-Christ tom those six and you get the 7 kings who are the 7 heads of the Rev. 12, Rev. 13 and Rev. 17.

The 10 horns are the European Union (10 always equals Completion). Thus God tells us the complete number thereof will reunite at the very end, thus as it adds in 10 is always he right number. God also does this so Satan can not plan ahead. The Partly strong and partly weak is obvious when looking at the nations in the E.U., most are truly just weakling nations compared to the 6-7 who runs the show.

Rev. 12 ha the crowns on the 7 Heads because it is pointing towards Satan the Dragon.

Rev. 13 is pointing towards the Anti-Christ thus the 10 crowns are on the kings (E.U.)

Rev. 17 has no crowns because Apollyon is not a man, and is always under Satan.

Which is why I see the whore as a system, not a group of people. A system that throughout history kings and merchants and the great people of the earth have committed adultery with in their lust for riches and their love of money, the god of this age with whom all nations and people are subject to and in bed with. An economic system, represented in a particular city at any one time in human history, that will be destroyed by the final appearance of the devil in a human government, and replaced with a very different economic system, a brutal and cruel system unlike any ever seen in the world that demands worship unfamiliar to humans and different from that of our ancestors.
If the bride is the true church, the saints of God , the harlot ust be a false Church.

If the bride is the true church, the saints of God , the harlot ust be a false Church.
This harlot is a Luciferian system that controls world wide economics, political, military, educational, environmental and false religious system. This beast system that Satan works through gives its power to the beast out of the earth as the beast out of the earth appears as the Lamb of God, but is a false Christ being the son of perdition, 2 Thessalonians 2:3-12, Rev 13.

This harlot is a Luciferian system that controls world wide economics, political, military, educational, environmental and false religious system. This beast system that Satan works through gives its power to the beast out of the earth as the beast out of the earth appears as the Lamb of God, but is a false Christ being the son of perdition, 2 Thessalonians 2:3-12, Rev 13.

In the old testament the Jews played the harlot, worshipping false gods.

Isaiah 1:21 How is the faithful city become an harlot!it was full of judgment; righteousness lodged in it; but now murderers.
See also Jeremiah 3:1-3 and many other verses.
Many churches have played the harlot by following false teachings. I remember reading some years ago, a baptist writer, I can't remember his name, but I think his initials were J.C., said that one baptist church had introduced occult practices.

Many churches have played the harlot by following false teachings. I remember reading some years ago, a baptist writer, I can't remember his name, but I think his initials were J.C., said that one baptist church had introduced occult practices.
Yes, many churches have played the harlot like the church of Pergamum we read about in Rev 2:12-17.

Rev 2:14 But I have a few things against thee, because thou hast there them that hold the doctrine of Balaam, who taught Balac to cast a stumblingblock before the children of Israel, to eat things sacrificed unto idols, and to commit fornication.
Rev 2:15 So hast thou also them that hold the doctrine of the Nicolaitans, which thing I hate.

Nicolaitans
The Nicolaitans were a Gentile heretic sect that converted over to Judaism to dominate others with their heretic teachings. Irenaeus, Hippolytus, Epiphanius, and Theodoret mentioned this group, and stated that the deacon Nicolas was the author of the heresy and the sect. The Nicolaitanes are the followers of that Nicolas who was one of the seven first ordained to the diaconate by the apostles in AD 33, Acts 6:5. They lead lives of unrestrained indulgence as in eating things offered to idols. The teaching of the Nicolaitans was to dominate the people leading them astray from that of what Jesus taught and this goes against the teachings of Jesus, Matthew 20:25-28.

Jezebel
Scripture does not mention the spirit of Jezebel, but we see her name mentioned in 1&2 Kings and Rev 2 associated with the church of Tyatira. She was the daughter of Ethbaal king of Tyre/Sidon and priest of the cult of Baal. A cruel, sensuous and revolting false god. The worship of Baal involved sexual degradation and lewdness. King Ahab married Jezebel and led the nation into Baal worship. One of her traits was domineering and controlling others, especially in the spiritual realm. Not the spiritual realm of God, but the spiritual realm of Satan.

When she became queen she began to try and rid Israel from from worshiping God. She ordered the extermination of all the prophets of God and replace their altars with those of Baal. There was a contest between her an Elijah over the power of God and the power of Baal. Needless to say she lost, but even after seeing the power of God she refused to repent and turn to God.

The phrase spirit of Jezebel in many churches today is the reality of Rev 2:18-20 as false prophets stand behind the pulpit seducing the congregation to as they are carried away with a false doctrine of man.

Rev 2:20 Notwithstanding I have a few things against thee, because thou sufferest that woman Jezebel, which calleth herself a prophetess, to teach and to seduce my servants to commit fornication, and to eat things sacrificed unto idols. 21 And I gave her space to repent of her fornication; and she repented not. 22 Behold, I will cast her into a bed, and them that commit adultery with her into great tribulation, except they repent of their deeds. 23 And I will kill her children with death; and all the churches shall know that I am he which searcheth the reins and hearts: and I will give unto every one of you according to your works.

Balaam
Balaam is found in Numbers chapter 22-24. Balaam considers himself a non-Israelite, a diviner, a prophet and the son of Beor. Beor is a name which appears as a king and a diviner. Balac, king of Moab was afraid of the invasion of the Israelites as they outnumbered Balac's army so he asked Balaam to come and curse the people of Israel. God told Balaam in a vision that he should not go with Balak, but after the urging of Balak God allowed Balaam to go with him. Balaam mounted his donkey and left with the messengers of Balak. On the way and angel sent by God stood on the road with a sword drawn. The donkey saw the angel and swerved aside refusing to continue even when Balaam kept hitting the donkey with his stick. God caused the donkey to speak and the donkey started to complain against his ill treatment. Then was Balaam's eyes opened and he saw the angel. The angel told him to proceed with the men, but only to speak what the angel told him to say.

Balac came out to meet Balaam and reproached him for being late in coming to him. Balaam told him that he could only speak what God gives him to say. The next day Balac and Balaam went up on a high mountain to see the camp of the Israelites. Balaam ordered that seven altars be built and a bull and a ram were sacrificed on the altars. It was time for Balaam to stand and curse the people of Israel, but instead he uttered blessings upon them. Balac was angry and sent Balaam back to his own land. Balaam's last words to Balac was a prophecy that Israel would one day triumph over Moab. Instead of returning home Balaam stayed in the region and joined the Midianites. He suggested to them that the way to defeat Israel was to encourage them to be immoral and promiscuous. Balaam was killed in a battle where the Israelites defeated the Midianites.

No such thing as RCC unless you are referring to a particular congregation.
It is the initials of the Roman Catholic Church, just as BBC is the initials of the British Broadcasting Corporation, every one knows what it refers to.

Back