Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

Revelation 1:1-3 Seldom examined verses

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
It's not hard at all.

Those who deny christ are antichrist as John said. About 65 percent of Israel's population are atheist and deny the existence of God and Christ. 2 percent are Christian with the majority of those being Arab.
The rest are mostly antichrist who claim to be religious but deny Jesus is the christ.

The 2 percent is the good seed which Jesus planted.
Ok it is harder for some.

We all see through a glass darkly, till Jesus arrives. The Resurrection is not past yet.

eddif

The doctrins of the Pharisees had nothing to do with the temple.
That was their problem.
You act as though you've never heard of a synagogue.
How do you draw that conclusion?

In any case, the heart of the Mosaic covenant was the temple not the synagogue. That covenant was ended for all time in 70AD.
You know, the places Jesus taught in and where Jesus said his disciples would be.
How insulting! I’ve been in synagogue.

Today's orthodox Judaism is derived from the Pharisees.
Not from Moses which is dead forever. The pharisees aren’t prophets nor considered spokesmen for God.

You obviously havnt read anything written by members of the church such as John.
That’s not what you said. You said the church wrote letters. Backpedaling, are we?
The early church had many members who could both read and write.
Still the church didn’t write letters. The apostles wrote letters. I suspect you won’t make that mistake again.
As for the beast,who marks his subjects.

Over and done but it’s complex.
Not that you would understand it. You claim it had already happened but you don't know by whom or when. You know nothing.
Ah contrar, Pierre!!

That was their problem.

In any case, the heart of the Mosaic covenant was the temple not the synagogue. That covenant was ended for all time in 70AD.

Not from Moses which is dead forever. The pharisees aren’t prophets nor considered spokesmen for God.
As I stated, today's orthodox Judaism is derived from the sect of the Pharisees.

The sect of the sadusees became extinct but the sect of the Pharisees continued on.

That’s not what you said. You said the church wrote letters. Backpedaling, are we?

Still the church didn’t write letters. The apostles wrote letters. I suspect you won’t make that mistake again.

Over and done but it’s complex.

Ah contrar, Pierre!!
The apostles are members of the church.
But there were also other members of the church who could read and write as well as the apostles.
It's surprising to hear you believe they couldn't write.

Where do you get that information from and the destruction happened later anyway.
Ezekiel 9:4 kjv
4. And the LORD said unto him, Go through the midst of the city, through the midst of Jerusalem, and set a mark upon the foreheads of the men that sigh and that cry for all the abominations that be done in the midst thereof.
5. And to the others he said in mine hearing, Go ye after him through the city, and smite: let not your eye spare, neither have ye pity:
6. Slay utterly old and young, both maids, and little children, and women: but come not near any man upon whom isthe mark; and begin at my sanctuary. Then they began at the ancient men which were before the house.

Although this is 500? Years before your 70 AD, it is IMHO tied to the destruction of Israel. The people were destroyed in the time of the 400 years of silence and the temple was destroyed in 70 AD.

People and property were destroyed but just not at the same time.

Just as tradition teaches rapture takes out the good guys first, but scripture says the tares go first.

Time means little to God.
Eternity exists
God starts time
God ends time
Eternity starts again

We are so wrapped up in time we have trouble seeing the bigger picture.

Babylonian captivity is for punishment.

Ezekiel dispersion is to keep those who mourn safe till Pentecost.

I apologize because of my welding glasses. I do not have perfect spiritual sight. We do what we can, but the final seeing appears at the last trump.

Those righteous at Pentecost were descendants of the Ezekiel dispersion (not the Babylonian captivity.

eddif

As I stated, today's orthodox Judaism is derived from the sect of the Pharisees.
No contest. It’s just not derived from the Mosaic covenant. Nothing to do with Moses.

The sect of the sadusees became extinct but the sect of the Pharisees continued on.
No doubt. Nothing Moses would recognize.

That was their problem.

Oh great here we go.

The tabernacle of Moses.
A tent with poles covered with hides.

We are the temple of the Holy Spirit.
Our poles and sockets are bones and joints. Our skin and hair are our hides. Stomach shows digestion of thoughts.

David wanted to build a temple, God said he did not need one.
Led astray Solomon built a temple.

We do not need a temple, we need the indwelling spirit of the living God.

Now if I see through a glass darkly. Do you see any light?

eddif

Oh great here we go.

The tabernacle of Moses.
A tent with poles covered with hides.

We are the temple of the Holy Spirit.
Our poles and sockets are bones and joints. Our skin and hair are our hides. Stomach shows digestion of thoughts.

David wanted to build a temple, God said he did not need one.
Led astray Solomon built a temple.

We do not need a temple, we need the indwelling spirit of the living God.

Now if I see through a glass darkly. Do you see any light?

eddif
We were talking the ending of the MOSAIC COVENANT. This happened in 70 AD. Pentecost is irrelevant. The church is irrelevant in that event. That was the point of the OP. Please try to stay with that event.

They weren’t the church.

Can you provide examples?

When did I say that???? Please stop making up stuff!!!
Ye the apostles are the church.
The word church just means an assembly. If the apostles areembers of an assembly then they areembers of the church. They are part of it.
A church is not a building. It's people. An assembly.

Ezekiel 9:4 kjv
4. And the LORD said unto him, Go through the midst of the city, through the midst of Jerusalem, and set a mark upon the foreheads of the men that sigh and that cry for all the abominations that be done in the midst thereof.
5. And to the others he said in mine hearing, Go ye after him through the city, and smite: let not your eye spare, neither have ye pity:
6. Slay utterly old and young, both maids, and little children, and women: but come not near any man upon whom isthe mark; and begin at my sanctuary. Then they began at the ancient men which were before the house.

Although this is 500? Years before your 70 AD, it is IMHO tied to the destruction of Israel.
Then it makes absolutely no sense for Jesus to tell his church this would happen soon if it happened centuries before. The whole of the book of Revelation is then absurd in your view. They were, btw, carried into exile more than once. Now what?
The people were destroyed in the time of the 400 years of silence and the temple was destroyed in 70 AD.
Those are two of many times being destroyed but the 70 AD time was final. No temple will ever be built on that spot.
People and property were destroyed but just not at the same time.
In Jeremiah’s day both property and people were destroyed same as previously and in 70AD.
Just as tradition teaches rapture takes out the good guys first, but scripture says the tares go first.
There is no rapture, just the Resurrection.
Time means little to God.
It means a great deal…”in the fullness of TIME…”
Eternity exists
God starts time
God ends time
Eternity starts again
Nonsense
We are so wrapped up in time we have trouble seeing the bigger picture.
He did things in the fullness of time. Jesus says,”my TIME is not yet” more than once. The angels don’t know the TIME of the resurrection. God made the sun and earth to mark TIME.
Babylonian captivity is for punishment.

Ezekiel dispersion is to keep those who mourn safe till Pentecost.
No bible writer thought this and people came from all over if different races to Pentecost. No
one reported being kept safe.
I apologize because of my welding glasses. I do not have perfect spiritual sight. We do what we can, but the final seeing appears at the last trump.

Those righteous at Pentecost were descendants of the Ezekiel dispersion (not the Babylonian captivity.
There’s no evidence for this.

Ye the apostles are the church.
The word church just means an assembly. If the apostles areembers of an assembly then they areembers of the church. They are part of it.
A church is not a building. It's people. An assembly.
Where are the letters the members could afford to write to each other, people they’d see in a few days anyway? People didn’t travel much then.

We were talking the ending of the MOSAIC COVENANT. This happened in 70 AD. Pentecost is irrelevant. The church is irrelevant in that event. That was the point of the OP. Please try to stay with that event.
I was not talking about it.
You said the evil ones were destroyed. I said they were not. They were scattered. The fact that the people in Israel today who still learn and practice the doctrines of the Pharisees today is proof they endured.
Josephus himself continued to teach the Pharisees doctrines even after he became a Roman citizen. He remained a pharisee in Rome.

I was not talking about it.
You said the evil ones were destroyed.
The thread is about the events that followed soon after the letter was written. And really the other talked about the evil being destroyed. I said the Jews who killed Jesus were.
I said they were not. They were scattered.
You are unaware of the millions who died in 70 AD. And millions more who were enslaved. You seem to think when the Romans attack they just let people go, no harm no foul. This is never what attacking armies do, not then and not now.
The fact that the people in Israel today who still learn and practice the doctrines of the Pharisees today is proof they endured.
There’s no proof they are their offspring.
Josephus himself continued to teach the Pharisees doctrines even after he became a Roman citizen. He remained a pharisee in Rome.
So? What does that have to do with anything? The OP is about the destruction of the Mosaic covenant. What does what they do matter?

The thread is about the events that followed soon after the letter was written. And really the other talked about the evil being destroyed. I said the Jews who killed Jesus were.

You are unaware of the millions who died in 70 AD. And millions more who were enslaved. You seem to think when the Romans attack they just let people go, no harm no foul. This is never what attacking armies do, not then and not now.

There’s no proof they are their offspring.

So? What does that have to do with anything? The OP is about the destruction of the Mosaic covenant. What does what they do matter?
Yes, the Romans let people go.
I just mentioned one by name. They didn't kill everyone.

As for the destruction of 70 AD. What does that have to do with anything. It's not like the abomination that causes desolation was placed there. The great tribulation begins when the abomination of desolation is placed in Jerusalem. 70 AD is nothing compared to what is going to happen in Israel.

PS, josephus wrote that 1 million people died in 70 AD. Not millions as you claim.

Yes, the Romans let people go.
I just mentioned one by name. They didn't kill everyone.
You’ve got to be joking. Josephus wasn’t let go. He was captured. He couldn’t go anywhere he wanted. He was stuck working for the Romans.
As for the destruction of 70 AD. What does that have to do with anything. It's not like the abomination that causes desolation was placed there.
Yes it was. The Romans wanted to set up a statue in the temple.
The great tribulation begins when the abomination of desolation is placed in Jerusalem. 70 AD is nothing compared to what is going to happen in Israel.
Ignorance is bliss. Nothing in the world today will ever match what happened then. No one uses a sword in battle. Armies don’t lay siege to cities. Blood doesn’t flow into rivers. Dead bodies don’t full up lakes. Ships aren’t fighting each other. Soldiers don’t even see the enemy much. They shoot from afar and bomb from afar.
PS, josephus wrote that 1 million people died in 70 AD. Not millions as you claim.
All, so you admit they were NOT all simply released to go elsewhere. That worked well!! You admit you are in error. (Many were led into slavery dying there in various projects for Rome.)

You’ve got to be joking. Josephus wasn’t let go. He was captured. He couldn’t go anywhere he wanted. He was stuck working for the Romans.

Yes it was. The Romans wanted to set up a statue in the temple.

Ignorance is bliss. Nothing in the world today will ever match what happened then. No one uses a sword in battle. Armies don’t lay siege to cities. Blood doesn’t flow into rivers. Dead bodies don’t full up lakes. Ships aren’t fighting each other. Soldiers don’t even see the enemy much. They shoot from afar and bomb from afar.

All, so you admit they were NOT all simply released to go elsewhere. That worked well!! You admit you are in error. (Many were led into slavery dying there in various projects for Rome.)
Josephus was free to do as he pleased. He was given Roman citizenship and therefore became a free man.
Most Jews of that time scattered throughout the countries.

As for your statue comment.
Rome created many beautiful statues many of which still exist today. That's not what the abomination that causes desolation is.
The abomination of desolation is a device used by the military to cause desolation. Much like Hiroshima was made desolate by the same weapon.

Now you claim war does not exist. One only needs to look at the cities in Ukraine to know you just lied. War does still exist and ten Muslim countries fighting for Jerusalem is what bring about the war of Armegeddon Israel.
But I'm sure you know nothing about the kings of the east or Egypt even. You don't know about the plague that consumes people as they stand looking. Thier eyes consumed in thier sockets and thier tongues consumed in thier mouths. You know nothing about any of that. You believe it all was fulfilled in 70 AD.
Ignorance is bliss you say and you got that right. That is one thing you've got down pat.

3Blessed is the one who reads aloud the words of this prophecy, and blessed are those who hear, and who keep what is written in it, for the time is near.

the important factors blessed to read to hear and to keep. the icing on the cake time is near. the prophetic clock is ticking and its all most 11:59 1 minute away from the Midnight hour after chapter one the letters to the 7 churches. how do we apply this to todays time period is the Big question . i see a lot of your wrong i am right ..would the real theologian please stand

Josephus was free to do as he pleased.

“He initially fought against the Romans during the First Jewish–Roman War as head of Jewish forces in Galilee, until surrendering in 67 AD to Roman forcesled by Vespasian after the six-week siege of Yodfat. Josephus claimed the Jewish Messianic prophecies that initiated the First Jewish–Roman War made reference to Vespasian becoming Emperor of Rome. In response, Vespasian decided to keep Josephus as a slave and presumably interpreter.” He was a slave at first.
He was given Roman citizenship and therefore became a free man.
Most Jews of that time scattered throughout the countries.
A bit later, not at first.
As for your statue comment.
Rome created many beautiful statues many of which still exist today. That's not what the abomination that causes desolation is.
They wanted to put it in the temple and those statues were Roman gods…idols….demons who were worshipped.
The abomination of desolation is a device used by the military to cause desolation. Much like Hiroshima was made desolate by the same weapon.
What kind of devise? I’ve never heard that and what kind of devise causes desolation? You think it was merely a destructive devise? Those are rarely deposited with advance notice.
Now you claim war does not exist.
When did I say that???
One only needs to look at the cities in Ukraine to know you just lied.
Huh?
War does still exist and ten Muslim countries fighting for Jerusalem is what bring about the war of Armegeddon Israel.
But I'm sure you know nothing about the kings of the east or Egypt even. You don't know about the plague that consumes people as they stand looking. Thier eyes consumed in thier sockets and thier tongues consumed in thier mouths. You know nothing about any of that. You believe it all was fulfilled in 70 AD.
Ignorance is bliss you say and you got that right. That is one thing you've got down pat.
We’re done. You’re abusive!!

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back