Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

Revelation 1:1-3 Seldom examined verses

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
A church father Clement of Alexandria (~150-~215) says this,
Here’s the quote:

“…listen to a…narrative, handed down and committed to the custody of memory, about the Apostle John. For when, on the tyrant’s death, he returned to Ephesus from the isle of Patmos, he went away, being invited, to the contiguous territories of the nations, here to appoint bishops, there to set in order whole Churches, there to ordain such as were marked out by the Spirit…”

That dates the writing in the 60s AD. It was BEFORE the fall of Jerusalem. Means the descriptions of the days of great tribulation happened in the years following the writing of Revelation.

If you yearn to be in the land promised to Christ, then why would you chose to be in exile. I think if I were Jewish and could pass their tests for aliyah, I would chose to return to the land and suffer as Christ suffered. For me it would be a great honor to be a watchman and warn Israel for its coming doom, and suffer for it as Christ did.
Problem is, is I'm not Jewish so if I break the laws they would not Inprison me or scourge me. They would just send me back into exile. If I were an Israeli, then they would send me to prison.
I'm not going to explain this easily .

Reading on your. Pastors testimony isn't the same as the family of faith who gave or knowing if God forgets isreal then the church itself is null and void .

No,the church isn't isreal and isn't the apple of his eyes.

One is quoting storm crow who is a full preterist ..no judgement ,no return .

I can ask when did Titus define by entering in the temple and making peace and saying he ir the cease is God?

Show me the oldest preterist from the didache era and church fathers .
I just did, Clement. Who wrote when the book was penned. Please provide a church father who wrote the days of great tribulation are in 2000+ years.

We are talking the terrible days described, not the Resurrection which hasn’t happened. I won’t ask you to find the rapture theory as it comes from Darby in the 19th century so was never before known.

I just did, Clement. Who wrote when the book was penned. Please provide a church father who wrote the days of great tribulation are in 2000+ years.

We are talking the terrible days described, not the Resurrection which hasn’t happened. I won’t ask you to find the rapture theory as it comes from Darby in the 19th century so was never before known.
I'm not a futuristi

I'm not going to explain this easily .

Reading on your. Pastors testimony isn't the same as the family of faith who gave or knowing if God forgets isreal then the church itself is null and void .

No,the church isn't isreal and isn't the apple of his eyes.

One is quoting storm crow who is a full preterist ..no judgement ,no return .

I can ask when did Titus define by entering in the temple and making peace and saying he ir the cease is God?
It sounds as if your saying the remnant God saves in Israel isn't the church.

There is a good reason Jacob and Joseph wanted to make sure they were buried in Canon. It's because they didn't want to be in exile when the first resurection took place. If I had the choice I would choose the same as them. Unfortunately I don't believe I have that choice.

According to the prophet Daniel. The resurection of Israel(that is the first resurection) takes place at the same time as the time of great distress.

For some reason anytime I post the link to Daniel 12:1,the last part of the verse is missing.

"And at that time, thy people shall be delivered, Everyone that shall be found written in the book."

This resurection includes the Israelis who die for thier testimony of Jesus and who had not worshiped the beast or his image or recieved its mark.
They live and reign with Christ.

Last edited:

Peter knew the time of tribulation would be thousands of years later. He knew it was on the day of the Lord because he described the tribulation that would take place at that time.

One only needs to be able to count to 6,because on the 7th day, our Lord will rest.

But it didn’t. They went back to the land, rebuilt the city, rebuilt the temple and continued all the Mosaic covenant practices. It continued unabated until 70 AD.

What ended 400 years before?
Who went back?
Rome rebuilt the temple.

There are two groups at the time of Ezekiel:
1. Those in rebellion against the instructions of God. ( the ones who were slaughtered)
(400 years before Jesus)
(At 70 AD the physical temple was destroyed)

2. The group who were grieved over the sins of Israel. ( the ones sent to the nations, in sanctuaries, to keep them alive and have offspring).
( the righteous from every nation at Pentecost)

The Zechariah prophecy, that others have posted, ties in with the future of those protected in the Ezekiel dispersion.

The messages of prophets 400 years before the period of silence basically agree. It is necessary to separate the Babylonian, Assyrian captivities from the Ezekiel dispersion.

eddif

Clement of Rome is one .

Majority isn't one
It sounds as if your saying the remnant God saves in Israel isn't the church.

There is a good reason Jacob and Joseph wanted to make sure they were buried in Canon. It's because they didn't want to be in exile when the first resurection took place. If I had the choice I would choose the same as them. Unfortunately I don't believe I have that choice.
No just that I can be Jewish and saved.

I made no church isreal seoeration but only that the church has no land or kingdom promise like isreal

Only one looks at the word “soon” and “God gave him to show his servants what must take place” seeing those words as meaning what they always mean. So far the others say “soon” means “not for a very long time” and “what must soon take place” means something they needn’t understand at all. In that position nothing happened soon and they couldn’t possibly have seen what God wanted them to see.
The resurrection is in stages.

One part is soon.
One part is later.

That is the concept in the destruction I present. Half the people die 500(?) years before the physical temple is destroyed.

To us 500 years means they are two separate unrelated events? To God 500 years is 1/2 day.

The Bible shows:

Time turned back
Time shortened
Time stoped

The modern moviemakers show time travel and there are no riots in world wide cities.

Time issues show up in Bible quotes and a cry goes up. LOL

eddif

Then ignore me .

You can simply read it or not .
You’re not abusive. I ignore abusive people. You’re just not very educated in the use of written communication and distain the use of periods and caps in writing. You fail to realize it makes it harder to understand what you’re trying to say.

The resurrection is in stages.

One part is soon.
One part is later.

That is the concept in the destruction I present. Half the people die 500(?) years before the physical temple is destroyed.

To us 500 years means they are two separate unrelated events? To God 500 years is 1/2 day.

The Bible shows:

Time turned back
Time shortened
Time stoped

The modern moviemakers show time travel and there are no riots in world wide cities.

Time issues show up in Bible quotes and a cry goes up. LOL

eddif
My Bible says there are two Resurrections and afterwards comes judgement. No stages. No gradual. No piecemeal.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back