Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Russia and Israel, now what?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
I have a question for futurists. Since it was commonly believed that the Russian “bear” would march down and attack Israel bringing on Armageddon, do you still think that in light of Russia being unable to attack even little Kiev?

It’s obvious to all that Russia has the second best army in the Ukraine but otherwise not even a threat except in lobbing bombs on its neighbors. No way is it even going to take on Israel, a nuclear nation with maybe the best army in the world (certainly up there.)

So what nation do you see today as marching down to Israel to surround it so the world can end and Jesus come and take over? (I hope I didn’t offend in my choice of words. I tried to be neutral and I am sincerely asking.)
As many countries, including the United States, they need to be taken from within. What happens if we find out Israel is behind the pandemic? Israel will be financially destroyed from within and taken over from its neighbors! So much for nuclear weapons

As many countries, including the United States, they need to be taken from within. What happens if we find out Israel is behind the pandemic? Israel will be financially destroyed from within and taken over from its neighbors! So much for nuclear weapons
There is taken from within and from the outside.

Could Israel’s fall be the deadly wound the Antichrist heals???? Nice chatting with you Dorothy
Dear Wagon,
I’m afraid you’ve met the wrong poster for that discussion. I think there were many antichrists and that the Beast is long dead seeing the events of Revelation that match Matthew 24 (the terrible ones) as occurring in the first century.

If you want to understand this view I’d be happy to explain but most don’t want to understand. The nice ones kindly bow out. The not nice ones attack. Probably depends upon the character and how much one has emotionally invested in the future being horrible.

Dear Wagon,
I’m afraid you’ve met the wrong poster for that discussion. I think there were many antichrists and that the Beast is long dead seeing the events of Revelation that match Matthew 24 (the terrible ones) as occurring in the first century.

If you want to understand this view I’d be happy to explain but most don’t want to understand. The nice ones kindly bow out. The not nice ones attack. Probably depends upon the character and how much one has emotionally invested in the future being horrible.
Sorry Dorothy I was on vacation for a Freelancing for the military no I’m good on revelation but thank you

I have a question for futurists. Since it was commonly believed that the Russian “bear” would march down and attack Israel bringing on Armageddon, do you still think that in light of Russia being unable to attack even little Kiev?

It’s obvious to all that Russia has the second best army in the Ukraine but otherwise not even a threat except in lobbing bombs on its neighbors. No way is it even going to take on Israel, a nuclear nation with maybe the best army in the world (certainly up there.)

So what nation do you see today as marching down to Israel to surround it so the world can end and Jesus come and take over? (I hope I didn’t offend in my choice of words. I tried to be neutral and I am sincerely asking.)
Hi Dorothy,

The battle of Armageddon is with ALL the nations of the world, not just Russia. (Rev. 16: 14 - 16)

However, the Russian Federation and 3 other nations are prophesied to come down to the mountains of Israel where God will deal with them. As the war drags on in the Ukraine this year and the Ukraine is brought to its knees, we will see the Russian Federation early next year, (I think) being brought down by God to be judged. (Ez. 38: 4 & 22 & 23)

This war will herald the Day of the Lord, (Joel 2) and the tribulation.

Hi Dorothy,

The battle of Armageddon is with ALL the nations of the world, not just Russia. (Rev. 16: 14 - 16)

However, the Russian Federation and 3 other nations are prophesied to come down to the mountains of Israel where God will deal with them. As the war drags on in the Ukraine this year and the Ukraine is brought to its knees, we will see the Russian Federation early next year, (I think) being brought down by God to be judged. (Ez. 38: 4 & 22 & 23)

This war will herald the Day of the Lord, (Joel 2) and the tribulation.
Hi Marilyn,

Nice to have you back! Ok, so your position is to simply stick to the eschatology you’ve chosen despite the events in the world. Well, that is what I asked. Some futurists ignore world events that don’t fit.

Thanks for answering!

Hi Marilyn,

Nice to have you back! Ok, so your position is to simply stick to the eschatology you’ve chosen despite the events in the world. Well, that is what I asked. Some futurists ignore world events that don’t fit.

Thanks for answering!
Thank you for the welcome. Now did you read my comments? I said the Russian war was not Armageddon but the start of the tribulation.

As to events in the world, as you say, Russia is on the move and facing West, however God`s word says the He, God will turn him (Russia) around and bring him down to the mountains of Israel for judgment, (south). (Ez. 38: 4)

Thank you for the welcome. Now did you read my comments? I said the Russian war was not Armageddon but the start of the tribulation.
I did. You believe Russia and the whole world will march to Jerusalem through many nations who don’t care they’re being invaded when Russia cannot even march through the Ukraine. My question is basically if Futurists look at reality and check their eschatology with reality. Russia cannot even march successfully into a third world country.
As to events in the world, as you say, Russia is on the move and facing West, however God`s word says the He, God will turn him (Russia) around and bring him down to the mountains of Israel for judgment, (south). (Ez. 38: 4)
You say that with certainty. I am equally sure Russia has nothing to do with eschatology and no reality matches futurist eschatology but I wondered if futurists check this.

I did. You believe Russia and the whole world will march to Jerusalem through many nations who don’t care they’re being invaded when Russia cannot even march through the Ukraine. My question is basically if Futurists look at reality and check their eschatology with reality. Russia cannot even march successfully into a third world country.

You say that with certainty. I am equally sure Russia has nothing to do with eschatology and no reality matches futurist eschatology but I wondered if futurists check this.
That isn`t what I said Dorothy. You may need to read again my comments.

Also, when the Russian Federation comes down to the Golan heights, (the mountains) it will go through countries that are friendly with Russia. And we wont have long to wait now.

GET READY. THE 5th UNIVERSAL AND SATANIC KINGDOM, THE ANTICHRIST's KINGDOM, IT WILL BE ESTABLISHED IN THE EARTH FROM NOW ON - Daniel 2:v.41-45
Indeed there are billions of years behind us, an Eternity, and now another year is going into Eternity, gone forever, never to be, bye bye 2022. Let 2023 come and let us prepare to enter and face the final environment of the last week of the Devil's world, the week 70th of Daniel 9:27, and the establishment of the fifth universal Devil's kingdom, the Antichrist's kingdom, and also in the middle of this last week the Abomination of Desolation-Daniel 9:27-, this satanic Kingdom is represented and described allegorically in the feet and ten toes of the statue of Nebuchadnezzar, part of iron and part of clay, according to Daniel 2v.41-45. Take a look.

In that fifth universal empire of the Devil, the universal empire of Antichrist, two satanic Beasts will be reigning on Earth, a Gentile Beast and a Jewish Beast, both represented literally in Revelation 13. Get ready

That isn`t what I said Dorothy. You may need to read again my comments.

Also, when the Russian Federation comes down to the Golan heights, (the mountains) it will go through countries that are friendly with Russia. And we wont have long to wait now.
What are the countries you consider friendly with Russia that will allow themselves to be invaded by a marching, raping, pillaging, destroying army on their way to Israel? Being friends does not mean they will happily consent to joining the Soviet Union essentially. I read your post. You have to make up a situation whereby many counties will allow Russia to invade, and we know what they do when they do that now in order to march to Israel. Now I would ask what it is why want with Israel but there is nothing close to any reasonable answer. No one but Muslims was Israel.

My point in the question is that Russia is incapable of this sort of action. They are depleting their war reserves and manpower. The reality is that will never happen as believed as they have desire, no capacity and no reason to march to Israel and neither do any of the other world powers. What is more, Israel is a nuclear state. March to invade a nuclear state and you face being nuked.

Now you can believe your eschatology and ignore world reality, of course. And no, I am not doubting the Bible. I say that all of that happen soon after being penned by John as Jesus said it would happen soon. It is past for us. But I wondered if some futurists consider world events that do not match their eschatology.

Hi Dorothy,

As Russia comes down to the Golan heights it will pass through friendly territory - Georgia, Turkey, Syria, (where Russia has ports, an aerodrome and military). Note that the Golan heights is considered by the UN to be occupied territory by Israel, thus the world will be happy to have Russia try and get it back for Syria.

Russia wants the `booty` as God`s word says - oil, gas, farmland and especially warm ports to the Mediterranean. You see Russia`s ports are frozen in Winter and they would love to have these warm water ports to the Med.

Hi Dorothy,

As Russia comes down to the Golan heights it will pass through friendly territory - Georgia, Turkey, Syria, (where Russia has ports, an aerodrome and military). Note that the Golan heights is considered by the UN to be occupied territory by Israel, thus the world will be happy to have Russia try and get it back for Syria.

Russia wants the `booty` as God`s word says - oil, gas, farmland and especially warm ports to the Mediterranean. You see Russia`s ports are frozen in Winter and they would love to have these warm water ports to the Med.
You do not understand that "friendly " countries does not mean they will submit to being invaded by millions of marching, raping, stealing, Russian soldiers. We are friendly with Canada but that does not mean that nation would allow the US military to march through to Russia. And what for? What do they want? Russia has the whole of Crimea with its ports and cannot put any ships in there. Having a friendly port does not man a nation can wage war on another through that port. Israel would simply nuke them in Syria. And by the way, Turkey is NATO. Turkey will not let Russia pass through its canal on the way to the Ukraine. They won't even let ships through so why do you consider them "friendly." If Russia invokes Turkey, it has a war with NATO.

I wonder if I can make a comment.
The letters to the churches.

The invasion by the Synagog of satan
The Great whore of Babylon
The lukewarm complacency in church

Seems to me the attackers have been at work a long time.

Of course the friends of God seem to be:
Isaiah 18:24 kjv
24. In that day shall Israel be the third with Egypt and with Assyria, even a blessing in the midst of the land:
25. Whom the LORD of hosts shall bless, saying, Blessed be Egypt my people, and Assyria the work of my hands, and Israel mine inheritance.

And I do not have a clear vision of this, but a Highway is mentioned too.

I know start a thread. I just as yet do not see enough.

Mississippi redneck
eddif

Russia has a port in the Black Sea accessed through the Med. So they already have a warm port.
Russia has the largest oil reserves inthe world. And as we see, having oil isn’t enough if no one buys it. This is true for any resources. Russia marched into part of its previous territory and the west slapped on an embargo. It’s not going down to Israel, take over a nuclear nation and start selling its oil and the world calmly buys it. Except for futurists, no one believes this is the future. The Ukrain is the farmland Russia wants btw. Wheat is valuable. Grapes less so.

The Bible doesn’t support this position and plenty in Revelation refutes it altogether, but that’s another thread.

Russia has a port in the Black Sea accessed through the Med. So they already have a warm port.

Russia has the largest oil reserves inthe world. And as we see, having oil isn’t enough if no one buys it. This is true for any resources. Russia marched into part of its previous territory and the west slapped on an embargo. It’s not going down to Israel, take over a nuclear nation and start selling its oil and the world calmly buys it. Except for futurists, no one believes this is the future. The Ukrain is the farmland Russia wants btw. Wheat is valuable. Grapes less so.

The Bible doesn’t support this position and plenty in Revelation refutes it altogether, but that’s another thread.
Hi Dorothy,

Good points there. Glad you are up with some things. Yes, Russia needs the farmland of the Ukraine and also for it to be a buffer against the West. Then, you are right they do have enough oil, however, Israel is selling its oil to Europe and thus Russia wants to stop that.

The BRICS (Brazil, Russia, India, China and South Africa) countries are working together and using each other`s currencies, thus the US $ will depreciate and cause the economies of the West, especially to decline. They are in for a very rocky road ahead.

Praise the Lord, that the Body of Christ is nearing maturity and we will soon go to be with the Lord.

Hi Dorothy,

Good points there. Glad you are up with some things. Yes, Russia needs the farmland of the Ukraine and also for it to be a buffer against the West. Then, you are right they do have enough oil, however, Israel is selling its oil to Europe and thus Russia wants to stop that.
Hi Marilyn,

Glad you are considering some world events too. I could not find any information that Israel is selling oil to Europe. This is what I could find regarding Europe and oil.

In 2020, almost three quarters of the extra-EU crude oil imports came from Russia (29 %), the United States (9 %), Norway (8 %), Saudi Arabia and the United Kingdom (both 7 %) as well as Kazakhstan and Nigeria (both 6 %). Israel was not on the list. So why do you think Israel is supplying Europe with oil?
The BRICS (Brazil, Russia, India, China and South Africa) countries are working together and using each other`s currencies, thus the US $ will depreciate and cause the economies of the West, especially to decline. They are in for a very rocky road ahead.
Those countries do not border Russia providing a friendly road to Jerusalem so I am not sure what this has to do with the topic at hand.
Praise the Lord, that the Body of Christ is nearing maturity and we will soon go to be with the Lord.
Praise the Lord that the Gospel is going out to the nations and making a difference so that more and more of the kingdoms of this world are becoming the kingdoms of our Lord. Make he continue to see that his enemies become a footstool for his feet so that He may come.

Hi Marilyn,

Glad you are considering some world events too. I could not find any information that Israel is selling oil to Europe. This is what I could find regarding Europe and oil.

In 2020, almost three quarters of the extra-EU crude oil imports came from Russia (29 %), the United States (9 %), Norway (8 %), Saudi Arabia and the United Kingdom (both 7 %) as well as Kazakhstan and Nigeria (both 6 %). Israel was not on the list. So why do you think Israel is supplying Europe with oil?

Those countries do not border Russia providing a friendly road to Jerusalem so I am not sure what this has to do with the topic at hand.

Praise the Lord that the Gospel is going out to the nations and making a difference so that more and more of the kingdoms of this world are becoming the kingdoms of our Lord. Make he continue to see that his enemies become a footstool for his feet so that He may come.
Hi Dorothy,

Israel is selling oil through Egypt. Europe needs oil and gas and even though Russia will sell to them they have the embargo on them. That restriction however backfired as Europe is in great need of energy while Russia has done very well selling to the BRICS nations. I mentioned those as they are all working together with their oil and currencies.

There are NO kingdoms of this world bowing to the Lord who is over them. He is yet to bring judgment upon them and bring them to their knees. (Ps. 110: 1 & 2)

Back