Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

Should women teach in the church?

When men can bear babies? That is your standard of equality???

Galatians 3:28 says something entirely different: "There is neither Jew nor Gentile, neither slave nor free, nor is there male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus."
If you want to be equal with a woman, have a baby.
Until then, any talk of equality is moot.

So women should not wear their hair in braids, wear gold jewelry (including a wedding ring), pearls, or wear expensive clothes? 1 Timothy 2:9 That is what Paul wrote.
Braids is out.
There is no covering offered with braided hair.
None of your list is an option for women living a biblical life, if they are just doing it to magnify themselves.

Man or mankind has always meant human beings of both sexes. (In Hebrew it is H120 (aw-dawm')

So God created human beings (H120) in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them. (Gen 1:27 KJV)

Here we have it in the newer translations.

(CEV) So God created humans to be like himself; he made men and women.
(GNB) So God created human beings, making them to be like himself. He created them male and female,
(NLT) So God created human beings in his own image. In the image of God he created them; male and female he created them.
(NRSV) So God created humankind in his image, in the image of God he created them; male and female he created them.
Not always.

John the Baptist, Samual, Sampson et al possibly David and maybe even Jesus had long hair. So according to you, no glory for them. This is what I mean by mixed messages which come clear as we learn more.
You got a picture?
Sampson was living under his mom's vow.

If the bible says nature itself teaches us that long hair on a man is a shame to him, I will certainly not wear long hair.
I want to correspond to the word of God in every aspect of my life.
Don't you?

You got a picture?

If the bible says nature itself teaches us that long hair on a man is a shame to him, I will certainly not wear long hair.
Don't you?
There are exceptions.
Among the Hebrews, it was regarded as disgraceful to a man to wear his hair long, except he had a vow as a Nazarite, Num_6:1-5; Jdg_13:5; Jdg_16:17; 1Sa_1:11. Occasionally, for affectation or singularity, the hair was suffered to grow, as was the case with Absalom 2Sa_14:26; but the traditional law of the Jews on the subject was strict.

There are exceptions.
Among the Hebrews, it was regarded as disgraceful to a man to wear his hair long, except he had a vow as a Nazarite, Num_6:1-5; Jdg_13:5; Jdg_16:17; 1Sa_1:11. Occasionally, for affectation or singularity, the hair was suffered to grow, as was the case with Absalom 2Sa_14:26; but the traditional law of the Jews on the subject was strict.
OK.
What changed since then?
Men changed...to outright haters of God and everything about Him and His word.
Follow the word instead of the men.

Man or mankind has always meant human beings of both sexes. (In Hebrew it is H120 (aw-dawm')

So God created human beings (H120) in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them. (Gen 1:27 KJV)

Here we have it in the newer translations.

(CEV) So God created humans to be like himself; he made men and women.
(GNB) So God created human beings, making them to be like himself. He created them male and female,
(NLT) So God created human beings in his own image. In the image of God he created them; male and female he created them.
(NRSV) So God created humankind in his image, in the image of God he created them; male and female he created them.
And so this means what, lol?

You got a picture?

Don't you?
"I want to correspond to the word of God in every aspect of my life."? Then accept what God says about men and women being equal. Male superiority is nonsense.

Jesus' fellow Jews had no way to get "in Christ" until they were able to be water baptized "into Christ".

The way we get into Christ is by believing the Gospel, in which we are born of the Spirit; born again, saved, regenerated.

For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16

Only believers are baptized in water; people who are already saved.

We are saved when we believe.

Those by the wayside are the ones who hear; then the devil comes and takes away the word out of their hearts, lest they should believe and be saved. Luke 8:12

JLB

What do you mean, not always?
First, you say there are no exceptions, and now you are saying 'not always'.
Words can and do get used in different contexts.
Some places, the word "leaven" is used derogatorily and other places it is used for goodness.
Some places the word "world" refers to the globe on which we live, and other places the "world" refers to people.
In this case, the word "man(kind)" can mean either just males or all of humanity.

Back