Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

Should women teach in the church?

"I want to correspond to the word of God in every aspect of my life."? Then accept what God says about men and women being equal. Male superiority is nonsense.
They are indeed equal in one sense.
Both are expected, commanded, to do their part in the glorification of God and of the name of Jesus Christ.
But they have differing ways to do so.

Are you a man? If so, according to you, then you hate God.
I am more than just a man.
I am a child of God, reborn of His seed.
I wish all were just like me.

BTW, it was Jesus who said sinners hate God, in Matt 6:24..."No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other..."
Jesus had also said..."Jesus answered them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whosoever committeth sin is the servant of sin." (John 8:34)
Sinners hate God.

Thanks be to God, (repentance from sin, water baptism in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, rebirth, the gift of the Holy Ghost, and holy teachers), I am no longer a sinner.

The way we get into Christ is by believing the Gospel, in which we are born of the Spirit; born again, saved, regenerated. being reborn.
Non-believers won't get baptized into Christ.
So you are correct about only believers of the gospel being reborn.
First step...belief.
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16
Only believers are baptized in water; people who are already saved.
Thanks be to God, but knowing there is a day of judgement still to come at which our salvation will be revealed.
We are saved when we believe.
I can agree with that, with the stipulation that our belief never wavers.
Liars, thieves, murders, and adulterers don't "believe".
Those by the wayside are the ones who hear; then the devil comes and takes away the word out of their hearts, lest they should believe and be saved. Luke 8:12
I certainly pray that they get another chance later in life, like I did.
Thanks be to God !

Words can and do get used in different contexts.
Some places, the word "leaven" is used derogatorily and other places it is used for goodness.
Some places the word "world" refers to the globe on which we live, and other places the "world" refers to people.
In this case, the word "man(kind)" can mean either just males or all of humanity.
True, and I'm thinking it is time to leave this thread.

Cheerio then...
I have just seen this, and that is what I meant about there being exceptions to the rule.

Now Absalom was praised as the most handsome man in all of Israel. He was flawless from head to foot. He cut his hair only once a year, and then only because it was so heavy. When he weighed it out, it came to five pounds!
(2Sa 14:25-26 NLT)

Good grief, Oz, the verse reflects the very meaning of the word! No interpretation needed!

1 Timothy 2:11-14
11A woman must learn in quietness and full submissiveness. 12I do not permit a woman to teach or to exercise authority over a man; she is to remain quiet. 13For Adam was formed first, and then Eve. 14And it was not Adam who was deceived, but the woman who was deceived and fell into transgression.

The woman who has authority over a man in the church has seized an authority that she, by reason of the creation account, does not have. She can not have that authority, because it does not belong to her. So if she does have it she has seized it, or usurped it. Thus the use of the word "authenteō ". It's an inappropriately secured and imposed authority. One that she, by the nature of things, does not have.

Jethro,

You haven't differentiated between authentein (authenteo) in 1 Tim 2:12 (REV) and the regular word for authority, exousia. Please step up to the plate and tell us the special meaning of the infinitive, authentein.

Oz

Jethro,

You haven't differentiated between authentein (authenteo) in 1 Tim 2:12 (REV) and the regular word for authority, exousia. Please step up to the plate and tell us the special meaning of the infinitive, authentein.

Oz
Good grief, Oz, read my post. Here it is again. Pay special attention to the bold part.
Good grief, Oz, the verse reflects the very meaning of the word! No interpretation needed!

1 Timothy 2:11-14
11A woman must learn in quietness and full submissiveness. 12I do not permit a woman to teach or to exercise authority over a man; she is to remain quiet. 13For Adam was formed first, and then Eve. 14And it was not Adam who was deceived, but the woman who was deceived and fell into transgression.

The woman who has authority over a man in the church has seized an authority that she, by reason of the creation account, does not have. She can not have that authority, because it does not belong to her. So if she does have it she has seized it, or usurped it. Thus the use of the word "authenteō ". It's an inappropriately secured and imposed authority. One that she, by the nature of things, does not have.
Anyone can confirm what I'm saying here.

Strong’s Definitions [?](Strong’s Definitions Legend)
αὐθεντέω authentéō, ow-then-teh'-o; from a compound of G846 and an obsolete ἕντης héntēs (a worker); to act of oneself, i.e. (figuratively) dominate:—usurp authority over.

Last edited:
Good grief, Oz, read my post. Here it is again. Pay special attention to the bold part.

Anyone can confirm what I'm saying here.

Strong’s Definitions [?](Strong’s Definitions Legend)
αὐθεντέω authentéō, ow-then-teh'-o; from a compound of G846 and an obsolete ἕντης héntēs (a worker); to act of oneself, i.e. (figuratively) dominate:—usurp authority over.

So, if the word ‘authentéo’ means:
1) one who with his own hands kills another or himself
2) one who acts on his own authority, autocratic
3) an absolute master
4) to govern, exercise dominion over one

Then Paul was right to say “I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man.” (1Ti 2:12 KJV)
There must have been some very dominant women in the early church wanting to be in charge.

Last edited:
Then Paul was right to say “I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man.” (1Ti 2:12 KJV)
There must have been some very dominant women in the early church wanting to be in charge.
Just like today. The key being they are assuming an authority that is not theirs by reason of creation.

I can agree with that, with the stipulation that our belief never wavers.
Liars, thieves, murders, and adulterers don't "believe".

Thankfully for us, if we do sin, we can confess our sin and be forgiven.

My little children, these things I write to you, so that you may not sin. And if anyone sins, we have an Advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous. And He Himself is the propitiation for our sins, and not for ours only but also for the whole world. 1 John 2:1-2

JLB

And when it comes to procreation, a woman cannot have children without a man, and a man cannot have children without a woman. That is equality.

Last edited:
And whatever makes you think men were created before women? Without women, human life would end before it even began.

Back