Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

Should women teach in the church?

The passage says, “I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority OVER the man.”
And...(finish the passage)...for what reason?

1 Timothy 2:13-14
13For Adam was formed first, and then Eve. 14And it was not Adam who was deceived, but the woman who was deceived and fell into transgression.

And...(finish the passage)...for what reason?

1 Timothy 2:13-14
13For Adam was formed first, and then Eve. 14And it was not Adam who was deceived, but the woman who was deceived and fell into transgression.
“I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority OVER the man because Adam was formed first, and she was deceived and fell into transgression."

Fine, so she should not rule OVER the man.

“I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority OVER the man because Adam was formed first, and she was deceived and fell into transgression."

Fine, so she should not rule OVER the man.
Correct. Women are not to seize pastoral teaching authority over a man that they, by reason of creation, do not have.

Correct. Women are not to seize pastoral teaching authority over a man that they, by reason of creation, do not have.
Paul talking to the church writes, “I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority OVER the man because there is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free, there is no male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus. Galatians 3:28.

Last edited:
There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free, there is no male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus. Galatians 3:28
Your interpretation of Galatians 3:28 contradicts 1 Timothy 2:11-14. But the plainly worded interpretation of 1 Timothy 2:11-14 found right in the passage does not contradict Galatians 3:28. That is how we know your interpretation of the matter of women pastors is wrong. You cause Galatians 3:28 to nullify 1 Timothy 2:11-14. But the interpretation I'm presenting of 1 Timothy 2:11-14 (found right in the passage itself) does not nullify Galatians 3:28. That's how we know your interpretation is wrong.

Your interpretation of Galatians 3:28 contradicts 1 Timothy 2:11-14. But the plainly worded interpretation of 1 Timothy 2:11-14 found right in the passage does not contradict Galatians 3:28. That is how we know your interpretation of the matter of women pastors is wrong. You cause Galatians 3:28 to nullify 1 Timothy 2:11-14. But the interpretation I'm presenting of 1 Timothy 2:11-14 (found right in the passage itself) does not nullify Galatians 3:28. That's how we know your interpretation is wrong.
Goodbye.

Paul talking to the church writes, “I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority OVER the man because there is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free, there is no male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus. Galatians 3:28.
No, the reason they are not to usurp authority over a man is because Adam was formed first, and it was Eve that was deceived not Adam. That's what the passage says. Your interpretation ignores what the passage itself plainly says, thus nullifying it. My interpretation of 1 Timothy 2:11-14 does not nullify Galatians 3:28, but rather shows that pastoral authority was not what Paul was talking about in Galatians 3:28.

No, the reason they are not to usurp authority over a man is because Adam was formed first, and it was Eve that was deceived not Adam. That's what the passage says. Your interpretation ignores what the passage itself plainly says, thus nullifying it. My interpretation of 1 Timothy 2:11-14 does not nullify Galatians 3:28, but rather shows that pastoral authority was not what Paul was talking about in Galatians 3:28.
Eve is not a member of the living church, so, unfortunately, is irrelevant to the conversation.
Like I said, goodbye to error.

Thankfully for us, if we do sin, we can confess our sin and be forgiven.
My little children, these things I write to you, so that you may not sin. And if anyone sins, we have an Advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous. And He Himself is the propitiation for our sins, and not for ours only but also for the whole world. 1 John 2:
As "God heareth not sinners", (John 9:31), that repentance had better be your last one, or it was not heard.
I rejoice in the fact we can now walk in the Spirit instead of in the flesh.
We don't have to commit any more sin !!!

And whatever makes you think men were created before women? Without women, human life would end before it even began.
Gen 2:7-8 makes me think that is the truth.
"And the Lord God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.
8 And the Lord God planted a garden eastward in Eden; and there he put the man whom he had formed."

As "God heareth not sinners",

The topic of discussion is not about sinners.

I'm referring to born again Christians like the Apostle John needing to be forgiven of sin.

My little children, these things I write to you, so that you may not sin. And if anyone sins, we have an Advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous. And He Himself is the propitiation for our sins, and not for ours only but also for the whole world.
1 John 2:1-2

Do you believe the Apostle John was a sinner?

Good grief, Oz, read my post. Here it is again. Pay special attention to the bold part.

Anyone can confirm what I'm saying here.

Strong’s Definitions [?](Strong’s Definitions Legend)
αὐθεντέω authentéō, ow-then-teh'-o; from a compound of G846 and an obsolete ἕντης héntēs (a worker); to act of oneself, i.e. (figuratively) dominate:—usurp authority over.

Jethro,

So you know authenteo in 1 Time 2:12 (REB) is not the same word for authority used elsewhere in the NT. Therefore, quit treating 1 Tim 2:12 as if it means a woman cannot have authority (authentein) over a man.

Oz

By reason of creation? God created them both and Eve was created from Adam directly. Adam said “This is now bone of my bones and flesh of my flesh; she shall be called ‘woman,’ for she was taken out of man.” Genesis 2:23 In other words they are identical.

"Seize authority"? That clearly shows where your mind is. If God created them as equals and Adam (before the fall!) identified with his other half, then clearly you are going down the wrong path.

Back