Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

Should women teach in the church?

if you can provide scripture showing me wrong. then i will post i agree women can be leaders / and yes a preacher is a leader some just are not pastors

Do you believe a husband and wife are one?

JLB

if you can provide scripture showing me wrong. then i will post i agree women can be leaders / and yes a preacher is a leader some just are not pastors

And by the way, even though we don’t agree on everything, I am enjoying our discussion, and I appreciate your attitude toward scripture.

:salute

I can also say of that time and context there were little or no Gentiles in the church.

Does that mean Gentiles have no place in Church leadership?

JLB
look your not some person off the street .that has no clue about the scriptures. in my post i asked for scriptures to show my error. nothing in the scriptures i posted. had nothing to do with gentiles. other nations /non jews . your rabbit chasing and a cold trail at that . i am not looking for My opinion and or your opinion. i need solo scripture if i say man can be saved by works and works alone. you post Ephesians 2 saved BY GRACE through faith.

then that has to stand no body can deny that. case closed Grace over rules works . we all have our what ifs a lawyer does not win on opinion he wins on what the laws reads. only thing were not in a court of law. were discussing Bible Doctrine thus sayth the Lord .

when scriptures are posted i will reply

The age of the false male dominance doctrine must come to an end. It is not God's will that one gender should dominate the other.

The age of the false male dominance doctrine must come to an end. It is not God's will that one gender should dominate the other.
No, we're going to abide by what Paul said. And we know what he said is not his own personal judgment by the reason women are not to have pastoral teaching authority over a man. But you are free to endorse and encourage the 'woke' agenda ruining Christianity at this time just before Jesus comes back. We won't have any part of it. We won't let ourselves come under the usurped authority of a woman pastor.

God is the head of the man, man is the head of the woman, just as God is the head of Christ. (1 Cor 11:13)
There is indeed a rank.
As I pointed out earlier, your Scriptural reference is wrong. The verse that you incorrectly cite says, in context , "I praise you for remembering me in everything and for holding to the traditions just as I passed them on to you. But I want you to realize that the head of every man is Christ, and the head of the woman is man, and the head of Christ is God. Every man who prays or prophesies with his head covered dishonors his head. But every woman who prays or prophesies with her head uncovered dishonors her head—it is the same as having her head shaved. For if a woman does not cover her head, she might as well have her hair cut off; but if it is a disgrace for a woman to have her hair cut off or her head shaved, then she should cover her head." 1 Corinthians 11:2-6

Clearly this is discussing the head as part of the body, not rank. The head is the part of the body that is responsible for consciousness. It does not mean authority in the context that it is used. For example, "Every man who prays or prophesies with his head covered dishonors his head. But every woman who prays or prophesies with her head uncovered dishonors her head—it is the same as having her head shaved."

The last phrase is "then she should cover her head" clearly does not mean that she should cover the man in authority over her. My advice: stop twisting the meaning of Scripture!

that is why i say solo scripture

Yes, when I say “my opinion” it’s clear that I am not being “dogmatic” but have framed an opinion about this subject.

Let me ask you a question.

Which one of the following scriptures is the truth, even though they say exactly the opposite of each other?

Do not answer a fool according to his folly,
Lest you also be like him. Proverbs 26:4

Answer a fool according to his folly,
Lest he be wise in his own eyes.
Proverbs 26:5

JLB

Yes, when I say “my opinion” it’s clear that I am not being “dogmatic” but have framed an opinion about this subject.

Which one of the following scriptures is the truth, even though they say exactly the opposite of each other?

JLB
i am not basing anything on opinion. i am going by what i read in the Bible now when a person goes into osas vs osnas. one bases it off interpretation. I have been respectful in our discussion . you have hot wild rabbit chases and veered away from the question. you asked about my error. please dont act like you dont know what i am saying . i ask for scriptures that says women can pastor. we are at a standstill we use scripture as our guide and rule of thumb.. untill i can read scripture that shows me i am wrong. were in a deadlock.

i am not basing anything on opinion. i am going by what i read in the Bible now when a person goes into osas vs osnas. one bases it off interpretation. I have been respectful in our discussion . you have hot wild rabbit chases and veered away from the question. you asked about my error. please dont act like you dont know what i am saying . i ask for scriptures that says women can pastor. we are at a standstill we use scripture as our guide and rule of thumb.. untill i can read scripture that shows me i am wrong. were in a deadlock.

Here is the question I asked. —

Back