Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

Should women teach in the church?

And I agree with that scripture that says…
Let a woman learn in silence with all submission. And I do not permit a woman to teach or to have authority over a man, but to be in silence. 1 Timothy 2:11-12
I am glad you finally see the truth.
Please post the scripture that says this.
You just did.
How can a woman lead if she remains silent in the church, as per the scripture you provided?

If a woman “lusts” for domination over her husband, then she needs deliverance from evil spirits.
Agreed.
So why do you think they can, over and above that dominion, to teach a whole church?
A woman who lusts for power over a man has no place in any type of leadership position over anyone in the Church, especially children or other women, as they would only corrupt them.
Amen.
I quit defending the women who lust for power over men a long time ago.
Welcome to the world of scriptural compliance !:clap

Last edited:
If the women meets the same qualifications as a man,
They can't, so your point is moot.
then she may be able to teach and be in authority over children.
That is a duty and honor given her by scripture and has nothing at all to do with leading a church.
Just because a woman is a wife, and mother doesn’t qualify her to be over other women or children at a Church.
I agree.
Some women however, can teach other women about teaching the children and keeping the home.
Likewise deacons must be reverent, not double-tongued, not given to much wine, not greedy for money, holding the mystery of the faith with a pure conscience. But let these also first be tested; then let them serve as deacons, being found blameless. Likewise, their wives must be reverent, not slanderers, temperate, faithful in all things. Let deacons be the husbands of one wife, ruling their children and their own houses well. For those who have served well as deacons obtain for themselves a good standing and great boldness in the faith which is in Christ Jesus. 1 Timothy 3:8-13
  • But let these also first be tested; then let them serve
  • Likewise, their wives must be reverent, not slanderers, temperate, faithful in all things.
This standard should be applied to women who desire to teach Children or other women.
Now that there is the unGodly same sex marriage, I guess a woman can be a husband of one wife.
So, you are correct about the unGodly meeting the requirements to be a deacon.
Teaching kids and women doesn't have any requirements except experience.
Most women, however, get their spiritual teachings from their husbands or fathers.
So teaching isn't often a requirement.

I am quoting the Bible -- what it literally says. If you can't understand it that is your problem, not mine.

Then, as most do when they have lost an argument, you change the subject. We are discussing the origin of sin, not repentance.

Once again, Romans 5:12, "Therefore, just as sin entered the world through one man, and death through sin, and in this way death came to all people, because all sinned—" Adam (not Eve) brought sin into the world.
The origin of sin?
Who changed the subject?
The woman disobeyed God, and Adam followed suit.
First instance of the folly of men following women.

It's sad that you are under the law, not under grace. The Holy Spirit leads those who pay attention into all truth. Why not give it a try?
Be not conformed to this world.
Where did the idea of men serving women come from?
The world.
The Holy Spirit will not counter itself, and as Paul did write..."If any man think himself to be a prophet, or spiritual, let him acknowledge that the things that I write unto you are the commandments of the Lord." (1 Cor 14"37)...it would be wise to follow Paul instead of a spirit wishing you to follow it.

My interpretation is women can teach and serve as elders no support for pastor positions. I think it’s Gods way of dealing with fallen human beings and our sin marred world not so much a negative statement on women. Kind of like the OT divorce laws that were Gods way of accommodating hard hearts.
God doesn't accommodate hard hearts.
It was man who made the divorce rules back in the day.
It is man who wishes to pollute the edicts of the word of God today too.

Again, nothing here forbidding women from being Pastors.
These qualifications in these verses are for males only. There is nothing about a woman in the verses. A woman is not a man and is disqualified from the calling. If you are looking for verses about "forbidding women from being pastors" in those exact words, you will not find it. Just like you find no examples of woman pastors in the Bible or qualification's for them to be a pastor. This is exactly what satan wants, for the church to go against Gods design and calling of His men.

Again satan deceived Eve, look at those so-called woman bible teachers and pastors who usurp the authority of men. Most, if not all of them are deceived and teaching false doctrine.

You mentioned a few in your earlier post. I believe it was, Kathryn Kuhlman and Joyce Myers (I forget the other one) both false teachers that mix truth with error.

You will believe as you will and I understand you stand on what you believe, but not on what Scripture teaches.

The others in this thread, who have not replied to my posts at all, will spew lies and twist scriptures to the itching ears.

The 2 biggest money makers for false teachers is claiming Jesus wants you healed and He wants you rich.

Grace and peace to you.

It may have been a solution to a difficult local problem caused by some over enthusiastic women, not intended for all time.
The status of women in NT times was vastly different than it is today in Western societies. Women were the property of men, and uneducated. They were illiterate housekeepers and assigned the role of raising his children. There may have been a reason for Paul to write what he did to Timothy but he was not creating a universal law to be followed by every church two thousand(!) years later.

Men (never women) are just giving themselves a reason to be in charge, keeping women "in their place". As I wrote earlier, a) gender is not a valid criterion for serving in any capacity in Christendom and b) if a woman has a ThD (or even a ThM) or is simply called, she should be encouraged (not just permitted) to follow that calling.

Most of the NT is an instructive guide to pastors.
Lead by example.

OK, again...We have posted scriptures many times saying women are not to have authority over men. (1 Tim 2:11-14, 3:1-2, 1 Cor 11:3, 8-10)
1 Tim 2:12..."But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence."
1 Tim 2:14..."And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression."
1 Tim 3:1-2..."This is a true saying, if a man desire the office of a bishop, he desireth a good work. 2 A bishop then must be blameless, the husband of one wife, vigilant, sober, of good behaviour, given to hospitality, apt to teach;"
1 Cor 11:3..."But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God."
1 Cor 11:8-10..."For the man is not of the woman: but the woman of the man.
9 Neither was the man created for the woman; but the woman for the man.
10 For this cause ought the woman to have power on her head because of the angels.
Can a woman be a pastor and not have authority over men?
No, unless the whole church is all women.

You mean again?

Quit fighting against Paul.
He also wrote..."If any man think himself to be a prophet, or spiritual, let him acknowledge that the things that I write unto you are the commandments of the Lord." (1 Cor 14:37)

Are you making the same claim?
Quit distorting Scripture.

Paul wrote this to the church in Corinth, "To the married I give this command (not I, but the Lord): A wife must not separate from her husband. But if she does, she must remain unmarried or else be reconciled to her husband. And a husband must not divorce his wife.

To the rest I say this (I, not the Lord): If any brother has a wife who is not a believer and she is willing to live with him, he must not divorce her. And if a woman has a husband who is not a believer and he is willing to live with her, she must not divorce him. For the unbelieving husband has been sanctified through his wife, and the unbelieving wife has been sanctified through her believing husband. Otherwise your children would be unclean, but as it is, they are holy." 1 Corinthians 7:10-14

If Paul didn't consider everything that he wrote to be from God, why do you???

You are clearly trying to create a universal law to subjugate women; your intent is obvious. Since Paul wrote that there is neither male nor female in Christ Jesus, should I believe him or you? The choice is obvious.

I am glad you finally see the truth.

You just did.
How can a woman lead if she remains silent in the church, as per the scripture you provided?
Look, any Scripture can be distorted if the intent is not to follow the Lord. Dispute this: Paul wrote this letter to Timothy (if he actually wrote it, which is in dispute). He didn't write it to us so it doesn't apply. Timothy is long gone!

I'm sad that you are unable to see the truth.

Quit distorting Scripture.

Paul wrote this to the church in Corinth, "To the married I give this command (not I, but the Lord): A wife must not separate from her husband. But if she does, she must remain unmarried or else be reconciled to her husband. And a husband must not divorce his wife.

To the rest I say this (I, not the Lord): If any brother has a wife who is not a believer and she is willing to live with him, he must not divorce her. And if a woman has a husband who is not a believer and he is willing to live with her, she must not divorce him. For the unbelieving husband has been sanctified through his wife, and the unbelieving wife has been sanctified through her believing husband. Otherwise your children would be unclean, but as it is, they are holy." 1 Corinthians 7:10-14

If Paul didn't consider everything that he wrote to be from God, why do you???
A person with the gift of the Holy Ghost won't go against the Holy Ghost.
Do you actually think they will somehow have different ideas that counter each other?
I don't.
You are clearly trying to create a universal law to subjugate women; your intent is obvious.
Not I.
God made the rules/laws.
Since Paul wrote that there is neither male nor female in Christ Jesus, should I believe him or you? The choice is obvious.
Amen to that.
But as men can't have babies, there is nothing in common except our standing in Christ Jesus.
Those in Christ Jesus won't ever fight against scripture.
If a woman wants authority over men, she is not in Christ Jesus.

Look, any Scripture can be distorted if the intent is not to follow the Lord. Dispute this: Paul wrote this letter to Timothy (if he actually wrote it, which is in dispute). He didn't write it to us so it doesn't apply. Timothy is long gone!

I'm sad that you are unable to see the truth.
If you can't trust God to keep His word pure, and pertinent, why use it at all?
It is easy to discard the apostles' teachings when you can't trust the Lord.

My interpretation is women can teach and serve as elders no support for pastor positions. I think it’s Gods way of dealing with fallen human beings and our sin marred world not so much a negative statement on women. Kind of like the OT divorce laws that were Gods way of accommodating hard hearts.
When I think of men, I see the men who crucified Jesus. When I think of women, I see the love of God manifest in them. I see them last at the cross, first at the tomb, first to proclaim the resurrection, and the first preachers to the Jews Lk 2:37. I see them at the first prayer meeting Acts 1:14, the first to greet Christian missionaries Paul and Silas in Europe Acts 16:14, as church workers Priscilla, Phebe and others, as Queens, i.e. Athaliah, Esther, Jezebel, and the Queen of Sheba, and as prophetesses and co-laborers with Paul.

A person with the gift of the Holy Ghost won't go against the Holy Ghost.
Do you actually think they will somehow have different ideas that counter each other?
I don't.

Not I.
God made the rules/laws.

Amen to that.
But as men can't have babies, there is nothing in common except our standing in Christ Jesus.
Those in Christ Jesus won't ever fight against scripture.
If a woman wants authority over men, she is not in Christ Jesus.
The fake Toronto experience.

Last edited:
When I think of men, I see the men who crucified Jesus. When I think of women, I see the love of God manifest in them. I see them last at the cross, first at the tomb, first to proclaim the resurrection, and the first preachers to the Jews Lk 2:37. I see them at the first prayer meeting Acts 1:14, the first to greet Christian missionaries Paul and Silas in Europe Acts 16:14, as church workers Priscilla, Phebe and others, as Queens, i.e. Athaliah, Esther, Jezebel, and the Queen of Sheba, and as prophetesses and co-laborers with Paul.
next you will pray to mary because she is a women

Back