Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

The Biblical ONENESS of God

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Just like all those who believe in a Biblical concept without taking the entirety of Scripture into account, you toss in the trash all of the Scripture that presents, and proves, that God is one individual and expect me to ONLY consider the portions that YOU allow - and then ask me what my assessment is.

That's just not how it works.

You are among a great number who do not understand the Bible because your knowledge of it is very lacking. You have either been taught only by the corrupt churches or you have never studied the entire Bible repeatedly.

There are masses of Scripture that prove God is one. Study Isaiah chapters 40-48 a few times and make note of all the statements by God the Father that declare Him to BE all that Jesus is believed to be. All of those chapters cannot exist in Scripture if God and Jesus are two separate individuals. Yet they DO exist, and they MUST be taken into account before someone can fully understand God's nature.

It is very easy to consider all the verses you are referring to and still come away with the understanding that God is ONE individual when you are clear on what the full weight of Scripture teaches about God Almighty.

Jesus IS God Almighty. He is ONE. There is NO trinity, NOR twinnity. (My term.)

God the Father does not share His glory with ANY other.
Isaiah 42:8

He is solely sovereign and ALL glory belongs to HIM.
According to "oneness" the "Father is Jesus", the "Son is Jesus" and the "Holy Spirit is Jesus".

That reality can be tested for correctness by changing the names "Father" and "Holy Spirit" to Jesus everywhere in the Bible.

If the change improved understanding the Bible, it could be judged "correct." If however, the Bible became tautologically absurd, and understanding diminished, it could be judged "incorrect."

"Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of Jesus and of Jesus and of Jesus" (compare Matt. 28:19 NKJ)

16 When He had been baptized, Jesus came up immediately from the water; and behold, the heavens were opened to Him, and He saw Jesus descending like a dove and alighting upon Him.
17 And suddenly Jesus spoke from heaven, saying, "This is My beloved Jesus, in whom I am well pleased." (Compare Matt. 3:16-17 NKJ)

5 "But now I go away to Jesus who sent Me, and none of you asks Me, `Where are You going?'
6 "But because I have said these things to you, sorrow has filled your heart.
7 "Nevertheless I tell you the truth. It is to your advantage that I go away; for if I do not go away, Jesus will not come to you; but if I depart, I will send Jesus to you.
(Compare Jn. 16:5-7 NKJ)

Jesus said to her, "Do not cling to Me, for I have not yet ascended to Jesus; but go to My brethren and say to them,`I am ascending to Jesus and your Jesus, and to My Jesus and your Jesus.'"
(Compare Jn. 20:17 NKJ)

In that hour Jesus rejoiced in Jesus and said, "I thank You, Jesus, Lord of heaven and earth, that You have hidden these things from the wise and prudent and revealed them to babes. Even so, Jesus, for so it seemed good in Your sight.
(Compare Lk. 10:21 NKJ)

Last edited:
Jesus actually is not "the Father" but He is "the Father come in human flesh".

Also, in Christ dwells all the fulness of the Godhead bodily (Colossians 2:9 (kjv).

The Father is not the Son; for the Father is not come in human flesh except in the Person of the Son; He is a Spirit without flesh inhabiting eternity.

But the Son IS the Father; in that the same Spirit who dwells in eternity dwells in the Person of Jesus Christ, albeit in the flesh; they are the same Spirit.

Since Jesus is God, and therefore He is a Spirit (John 4:24); and there is one Spirit (Ephesians 4:4); and God the Father is a Spirit (John 4:23-24).

God is one Spirit (John 4:24, Ephesians 4:4). Therefore, since Jesus is God, He is the same Spirit as the Father;

Distinct in that He is come in flesh while the Father is a Spirit without flesh.

Jesus actually is not "the Father" but He is "the Father come in human flesh".

Also, in Christ dwells all the fulness of the Godhead bodily (Colossians 2:9 (kjv).

The Father is not the Son; for the Father is not come in human flesh except in the Person of the Son; He is a Spirit without flesh inhabiting eternity.

But the Son IS the Father; in that the same Spirit who dwells in eternity dwells in the Person of Jesus Christ, albeit in the flesh; they are the same Spirit.

Since Jesus is God, and therefore He is a Spirit (John 4:24); and there is one Spirit (Ephesians 4:4); and God the Father is a Spirit (John 4:23-24).

God is one Spirit (John 4:24, Ephesians 4:4). Therefore, since Jesus is God, He is the same Spirit as the Father;

Distinct in that He is come in flesh while the Father is a Spirit without flesh.
Oneness turns the Bible into gibberish, Christ praying to Himself etc. Its an absurd doctrine many believe antichrist. It does fit the parameters.

"But the Son IS the Father"-justbyfaith

Why doesn't self-contradiction concern you?
I haven't contradicted myself.

The Son is the Father in that He is the same Spirit as the Father; and distinct from the Father in that He is come in flesh while the Father is a Spirit without flesh (except in the Person of the Son).

I haven't contradicted myself.

The Son is the Father in that He is the same Spirit as the Father; and distinct from the Father in that He is come in flesh while the Father is a Spirit without flesh (except in the Person of the Son).
If we put your statement in math

Spirit is God : 1.3
Son is God who came in flesh: 1.2
Father is God who didn't come in flesh: 1.1

So
Father Son Spirit = 1
or
Father Son Spirit is God = 1.3

If not correct, you create the formula so we can logically think about it.

Last edited:
Jesus said it ALL at John 17:3- And this is eternal life, that they know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom thou hast sent.

No 'Holy Ghost'. Not Three.

The Bible plainly makes the case that God is ONE individual being/person/identity from Genesis to Revelation.

Christ is that person.

Oneness is intentionally misrepresented constantly by trinitarians as it is a major threat to the integrity of their unbiblical doctrine. Contrary to trinitarians' claim that Oneness is modalism,

Oneness theology affirms Father, Son, and Holy Spirit as simultaneous, not sequential, manifestations of God.​

https://mphbooks.com/oneness-view-jesus-christ/

Some theologians maintain that in modalism God is essentially unknowable because God’s essence is hidden behind three “masks.” The main thrust of Oneness theology is exactly the opposite; we can truly know God’s character, holiness, love, and power in Jesus Christ.

The one true God is not hidden but manifested, for as 2 Cor 4:6 teaches, the glory of God is revealed in the face of Jesus Christ.

If the True teachings of Oneness were properly explained in every single trinitarian church as a comparison to the trinity teachings, masses of Christians would embrace Oneness overnight. They are not explained, they are never explained, and they are intentionally misrepresented when they are ever referred to because the Truth of Biblical Oneness would find its way to the hearts and minds of those truly seeking God all over the world if they were.

The Bible teaches Oneness from cover to cover.

Nowhere does it teach a trinity.
I am very sure that the very nature of God is extremely complex, far above our pay grade, and those who profess to be able to explain it in detail know much less than those who see that it’s much farther beyond us than the most complex physics problem.

I am very sure that the very nature of God is extremely complex, far above our pay grade, and those who profess to be able to explain it in detail know much less than those who see that it’s much farther beyond us than the most complex physics problem.
Nope!

Jesus said it ALL at John 17:3- And this is eternal life, that they know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom thou hast sent.

Is that the only scripture in the Bible?

Is Jesus God who is adored?

Just the opposite God is simple
We are complex

One divine nature three persons

Dogma

8. The Divine Attributes are really identical among themselves and with the Divine Essence.
9. God is absolutely perfect.
10. God is actually infinite in every perfection.
11. God is absolutely simple.
12. There is only One God.
13. The One God is, in the ontological sense, The True God.
14. God possesses an infinite power of cognition.
15. God is absolute Veracity.
16. God is absolutely faithful.
17. God is absolute ontological Goodness in Himself and in relation to others.
18. God is absolute Moral Goodness or Holiness.

Thanks

The Sabellians (also called Monarchians or Modalists) claimed that since there is only one God, there is only one Person in the Godhead. There are no personal relationships between the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit. The only distinguishing relationships were between God and man. The Trinity was not three Persons in one God, but three functional relationships with man. The Father is the mode that created man; the Son is the mode that redeemed man; the Holy Spirit is the mode that sanctified man. Pope Callistus condemned this heresy, but it continued to flourish in the East into the fifth century. Even today it makes a comeback with the formula: "In the name of the Creator, the Redeemer and the Sanctifier." But what is the big difference between three Persons vs. three modes? God is love (1 John 4:8,16). The Son loves the Father (John 14:31; 15:10); however, true love can only be between distinct persons and not manifestations (modes). If there are no distinct personal relationships within the Godhead, then there is no love within the Godhead. God could only love after man was created. This causes problems for the eternal, loving God.

Thanks

There are two fallacies in your argument, "over-simplification" and "false dichotomy".

Over-simplification: The implied premise of your argument is the Father and Son are so different, only one can be "the true God."

Jesus contradicts that premise:

"I and My Father are one." (Jn. 10:30 NKJ)

"Do you not believe that I am in the Father, and the Father in Me? The words that I speak to you I do not speak on My own authority; but the Father who dwells in Me does the works. (Jn. 14:10 NKJ)

False Dichotomy (or False Dilemma): More than two options exist because other scriptures prove the Only True God subsists in Three Divine Persons (Mt. 28:19; 1 Jn. 5:7) plus all the scriptures identifying each Divine Person speaking is God.

The apostle John confirms this when he calls Jesus the "the true God"

And we know that the Son of God has come and has given us an understanding, that we may know Him who is true; and we are in Him who is true, in His Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God and eternal life. (1 Jn. 5:20 NKJ)

Moreover, Scripture reveals Jesus never ceased to be God in heaven while He was incarnate in human flesh on earth:
"No one has ascended to heaven but He who came down from heaven, that is, the Son of Man who is in heaven. (Jn. 3:13 NKJ)

How could that be? The Sphere of infinite radius that is the Person of God the Son, became centered in the human flesh of Jesus Christ.

Last edited:
0-scripturesshow_1.jpg

If you can answer these TRUTHFULLY than you see all the raw Deception.

There are two fallacies in your argument, "over-simplification" and "false dichotomy".

Over-simplification: The implied premise of your argument is the Father and Son are so different, only one can be "the true God."

Jesus contradicts that premise:

"I and My Father are one." (Jn. 10:30 NKJ)

"Do you not believe that I am in the Father, and the Father in Me? The words that I speak to you I do not speak on My own authority; but the Father who dwells in Me does the works. (Jn. 14:10 NKJ)

Jesus also said~
John 17:11- Father, keep them in thy name, which thou hast given me, that they may be one, even as we are one.
Now- where they ALL God?

John 17:11- Father, keep them in thy name, which thou hast given me, that they may be one, even as we are one.
Now- where they ALL God?
Hasty Generalization Fallacy. God is unique, He cannot be likened to His creatures, and what is impossible for us is possible with God:

"The things which are impossible with men are possible with God." (Lk. 18:27 NKJ)

25 "To whom then will you liken Me, Or to whom shall I be equal?" says the Holy One.
26 Lift up your eyes on high, And see who has created these things, Who brings out their host by number; He calls them all by name, By the greatness of His might And the strength of His power; Not one is missing. (Isa. 40:25-26 NKJ)

"To whom will you liken Me, and make Me equal And compare Me, that we should be alike? (Isa. 46:5 NKJ)

Do you believe Jesus Christ is LORD; YHWH the LORD God?

JLB

Just the opposite God is simple
We are complex

One divine nature three persons

Dogma

8. The Divine Attributes are really identical among themselves and with the Divine Essence.
9. God is absolutely perfect.
10. God is actually infinite in every perfection.
11. God is absolutely simple.
12. There is only One God.
13. The One God is, in the ontological sense, The True God.
14. God possesses an infinite power of cognition.
15. God is absolute Veracity.
16. God is absolutely faithful.
17. God is absolute ontological Goodness in Himself and in relation to others.
18. God is absolute Moral Goodness or Holiness.

Thanks
I rest my case.

Back