Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

The Ramble On thread - Part 2

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
I just watched Back to the Future. I haven't seen it in about 5 years. It's hilarious. At the end, Doc goes 30 years into the future, to 2015. That's just over a year away, and we don't have any flying cars or floating skateboards yet. Does anybody know if they're working on those?

The TOG​
we have had flying cars since the 50's. its not practical.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flying_car_(aircraft)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Piasecki_VZ-8_Airgeep

read them and take note of the accident issues.

I totally want to try the "grab onto a car while skateboarding" thing in the movie...except not. For one thing it's probably illegal now if it wasn't back then, and for another I'm a chicken and it would be dangerous especially if the car is going at high speeds.
It was cool in the movie, though.

I totally want to try the "grab onto a car while skateboarding" thing in the movie...except not. For one thing it's probably illegal now if it wasn't back then, and for another I'm a chicken and it would be dangerous especially if the car is going at high speeds.
It was cool in the movie, though.
I have heard of that being done.

I've heard of kids grabbing onto cars on icy roads and sliding just on their feet. The floating skateboard wouldn't be nearly that dangerous. Hoverboards also look cool.

lord, why one earth would do that. that would be scary. a kid with a cell phone operating a hover board.

Yes, it is kinda scary, and dangerous. But why would anyone invent something as scary and dangerous as a car, an airplane or an ICBM?

The TOG​

Shane , a neighbor kid, grabbed the bumper of a truck for a skateboard ride.... Before he let go a number of calls had been placed to his dad. The joys of living in a small town...

I've heard of kids grabbing onto cars on icy roads and sliding just on their feet. The floating skateboard wouldn't be nearly that dangerous. Hoverboards also look cool.

Yes, it is kinda scary, and dangerous. But why would anyone invent something as scary and dangerous as a car, an airplane or an ICBM?

The TOG​
aircraft air safer then cars. motorcylclist often die at low speeds not the high speeds because they fail to wear the proper gear. ie helmet. and icbm was for war.

So curious what a cartoon version of myself might look like...any attempts I've made on myself in that style I haven't been satisfied with. (Here's one: http://colliequest.deviantart.com/art/Selfportrait-attempt-391825157 Ignore the poorly planned text placement. The dog is my fursona, what I use to represent myself in animal form. She's also in my current avatar.)

I found an anime face maker someone on dA made...here: http://gen8.deviantart.com/art/Anime-Face-Maker-2-182829244

I tried it once before and wasn't sure it fit. I tried it again tonight and like the result a little better. Here's what I came up with:
View attachment 3929

Still not quite sure it's accurate, but oh well.

So curious what a cartoon version of myself might look like...any attempts I've made on myself in that style I haven't been satisfied with. (Here's one: http://colliequest.deviantart.com/art/Selfportrait-attempt-391825157 Ignore the poorly planned text placement. The dog is my fursona, what I use to represent myself in animal form. She's also in my current avatar.)

I found an anime face maker someone on dA made...here: http://gen8.deviantart.com/art/Anime-Face-Maker-2-182829244

I tried it once before and wasn't sure it fit. I tried it again tonight and like the result a little better. Here's what I came up with:
View attachment 3929

Still not quite sure it's accurate, but oh well.

Wearing a cross, I see...

Well, yes, it makes sense, then.

Any other jewelry, too, maybe?

Cartoon characters seem to be dipicted often in minimalist style, anyway.

Blessings.

Some. In the pic on dA I linked as an attempt at drawing myself, I'm wearing a "best friend" necklace that is half a heart--my best friend has the other one. I also had another cross necklace made of wood that I liked a lot, but I had the use the string to make something for someone. I have a few other necklaces, one being a small orb containing a mustard seed.

Of course. They're much easier and quicker to animate that way, which is why the style was invented.

Some. In the pic on dA I linked as an attempt at drawing myself, I'm wearing a "best friend" necklace that is half a heart--my best friend has the other one. I also had another wooden cross necklace, but I had the use the string to make something for someone. I have a few other necklaces, one being a small orb containing a mustard seed.

Of course. They're much easier and quicker to animate that way, which is why the style was invented.

Cartoons used to be political in the early days; only later did they become widely used to entertain young people. (Unless I'm mistaken.) Satire was often a part of political cartoons.

I think also you said before you left your previous church that the preacher's wife wanted to take you to a jeweler to put rings through your ears; but maybe you left before it happened.

Blessings.

Cartoons used to be political in the early days; only later did they become widely used to entertain young people. (Unless I'm mistaken.) Satire was often a part of political cartoons.

I think also you said before you left your previous church that the preacher's wife wanted to take you to a jeweler to put rings through your ears; but maybe you left before it happened.

Blessings.
I stand corrected. Yes, they did exist before animation. I'm a bit of a ditz sometimes. lol They're easier to draw and quicker to draw than realism...that said, one needs to have a very good grip on realism and anatomy to be a good cartoonist.

I stand corrected. Yes, they did exist before animation. I'm a bit of a ditz sometimes. lol They're easier to draw and quicker to draw than realism...that said, one needs to have a very good grip on realism and anatomy to be a good cartoonist.

Walt Disney was a great animator. Studying his style would be very worthwhile.

Blessings.

PS: questdriven: It's curious how some local church environments make a person more likely to wear jewelry than others. It's an individual thing, anyway, I guess. Blessings.

PS: questdriven: It's curious how some local church environments make a person more likely to wear jewelry than others. It's an individual thing, anyway, I guess. Blessings.
I've never been much of a jewelry person myself. I do like the few necklaces I do have, but I'm not dying for more. I do like the idea of a piercing in one ear, eventually. Kinda wish I had bought those pawprint earrings when I had the chance. xD

I've never been much of a jewelry person myself. I do like the few necklaces I do have, but I'm not dying for more. I do like the idea of a piercing in one ear, eventually. Kinda wish I had bought those pawprint earrings when I had the chance. xD

In one ear? :) Intriguing; traditionally women get both ears done, at least for their first, if not subsequent, ear piercings.

(It used to be that men would get one ear done, but now they often get both done at the same time.)

Blessings.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back