Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

The Simple Key to Interpreting Revelation

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Example:

Where does Gog first appear in Revelation? In Rev 20 after the Millennium of Christ is expired on earth. And Gog appears with Magog at the same time and in the same way, when Satan is loosed upon the earth one last time.

Why then would anyone try to place the old prophetic piece of Gog anywhere before Rev 20:8, which is the proper resting place of Gog in the final product of all prophecy?

That is plainly taking a piece out of the final picture and trying to place it elsewhere, which always requires changing the words and shape of that piece in order to do so.

That is why Revelation looks more like a misshapen surreal painting by Picasso, rather than the very clear Final Picture of all prophecy of God, Who gives it to Jesus Christ to show to us. Trying to fit old prophecies into Revelation without even looking at the whole picture of Revelation first, is what makes Jesus' Revelation such a mess to look at.

And so now let's test the working key:

Gog is only prophesied before Revelation in Ezek 38. And what does the Gog in prophecy say:

And thou shalt say, I will go up to the land of unwalled villages; I will go to them that are at rest, that dwell safely, all of them dwelling without walls, and having neither bars nor gates,

Unwalled villages with them that are at rest.

And they went up on the breadth of the earth, and compassed the camp of the saints about, and the beloved city.

And so the prophecy of Ezek 38 fits nicely into picture of Rev 20.

Until the unwalled towns round about God's beloved city on earth, are full of saints in Christ Jesus at rest, Gog will not be coming against them for war.

And say, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Behold, I am against thee, O Gog, the chief prince of Meshech and Tubal:

And I will turn thee back, and put hooks into thy jaws, and I will bring thee forth, and all thine army, horses and horsemen, all of them clothed with all sorts of armour, even a great company with bucklers and shields, all of them handling swords:

This is Christ first turning back all nations from war during His Millennium. He then draws those subdued by His rule, yet still thirsting for war at the end of His reign. And He brings them all gathered together around His city and camp of saints, to utterly destroy them all in one fire of God from heaven.

Satan holds the hooks, and is one last time loosed and used by God to draw out His enemies to be decieved into their own ditch of destruction.

Be thou prepared, and prepare for thyself, thou, and all thy company that are assembled unto thee, and be thou a guard unto them.

After many days thou shalt be visited: in the latter years thou shalt come into the land that is brought back from the sword, and is gathered out of many people, against the mountains of Israel, which have been always waste: but it is brought forth out of the nations, and they shall dwell safely all of them.

Those of the nations obeying the King outwardly are still plotting in heart how to destroy Him and His armies of saints. God of course knows their hearts, and prophecies for them to make themselves ready and even wisely keep guard about it, because it makes no difference in the end.

And the visitation of the latter days are by Satan. And the land they go against are the saints encamped at rest around Jerusalem. The land and mountains of Israel have always been at war at one time or another, before the Lord's return. At the end of His reign the secret enemies of the King are drawn out to seek to destroy them at rest during His reign.

Thou shalt ascend and come like a storm, thou shalt be like a cloud to cover the land, thou, and all thy bands, and many people with thee.

Satan and armies of Gog and Magog going immediately the breadth of earth like a storm with much cloud cover.

Therefore, son of man, prophesy and say unto Gog, Thus saith the Lord GOD; In that day when my people of Israel dwelleth safely, shalt thou not know it?

The outwardly obdeient with inward deciet and corruption, do not know what true rest is, especially in the Lord. Them of Gog have no understanding of who they are against, but only that they appear lowly and weak for prey.

And thou shalt come up against my people of Israel, as a cloud to cover the land; it shall be in the latter days, and I will bring thee against my land, that the heathen may know me, when I shall be sanctified in thee, O Gog, before their eyes.

As with Pharaoh and his armies destroyed in the Red Sea for all nations to hear of, so Gog and Magog will be sanctified all at once by fire in the righteous judgment of God.

Thus will I magnify myself, and sanctify myself; and I will be known in the eyes of many nations, and they shall know that I am the LORD.

The saved nations on the new earth will all remember the last great day of battle between God and Gog Magog.

The Final Picture shows plainly that the prophetic pieces of Gog and Magog belong easily and squarely right in the middle of Rev 20. The point is that we only see it clearly, when we already know the piece can only be inserted where that piece is revealed to be in the final picture. Once we begin inserting old prophecy where it belongs, it all makes perfect and easy sense in the end. Like taking a car key and inserting it in the proper key holes, to unlock and run well.

So far, the key to unlocking the mysteries of Revelation is working just fine. It not only fits the old pieces nicely together, but also adds instruction to Revelation by their content.

First we read and study and know and see what Revelation says, as the end picture of the puzzle, then we begin taking pieces of old prophecy of Scripture, and placing them surely and properly and easily where they belong.

Revelation gives the whole product and framework for the puzzle. Then the words of old prophesy fill in greater details to teach how God prophesies and fulfills His prophecies. Finally we receive doctrine of God from doing so. Exactly how He allows His enemies to be decieved, prophecies to them as merciful warning, and then fulfills His prophecy as promised upon them in righteous judgment and punishment.

Blessed is he that readeth, and they that hear the words of this prophecy, and keep those things which are written therein: for the time is at hand.
Rev 20:7-9
Those that have rejected Christ that still remain on earth after the beast, false prophet and all the ruling leaders from every nation that followed after the beast are destroyed are those who are the numbering as the sand of the sea. They are the enemy of God that Satan uses to battle against the saints during the battle of Armageddon that are camped upon the breadth of the earth after he is released for a season, Psalms 2:7-10; 110; Ezekiel 36; 37; Rev 20:7-9.

The saints are camped not only in Jerusalem the beloved city of God, but also throughout the breadth of the earth. It's only the 144,000 generational Jews that believe in Christ that have returned to Jerusalem. After the 1000 years are fulfilled Satan is set loosed for a season and goes out to deceive the nations as he gathers the enemies of Christ to battle against the saints as the numbering of unbelievers is like the sand of the sea. As the enemy surrounds the camp of the saints God sends fire down from heaven and destroys the enemy and Satan is cast into the lake of fire. Zechariah 14:1, 2; Luke 21:20; Rev 16:16 mentions the battle of Armageddon when Christ and His army of angels return as Christ plants His feet on the mount of Olives for the final battle as Gog and Magog found in Ezekiel Chapter 38 is the battle of Rev 20:7-9.

(IMO 1000 years is a figurative number, not a literal number. It is figurative like the numbering in Deuteronomy 7:9; 1Chronicles 16:15; Psalms 50:10; 90:4; 105:8 Ecc 6:6; 7:28; Daniel 5:1; 2Peter 3:8.)​

Scripture plainly states that the two witnesses kill and torment other people during the tribulation.Yiu shouldn't assume they are good evangelicals.
Many evangelicals pledge their undying support to Israel and it's government and will do anything to protect it.
You should not assume the two witnesses are evil as that comes against scripture. Many of us have shown you with scripture in other threads that they are sent by God and will be taken back up to Him. Man's doctrine distorts the Doctrines of Christ and leads others astray.

But I will not discuss this with you here in this thread as we have already done so in other threads about the two witnesses.

You should not assume the two witnesses are evil as that comes against scripture. Many of us have shown you with scripture in other threads that they are sent by God and will be taken back up to Him. Man's doctrine distorts the Doctrines of Christ and leads others astray.

But I will not discuss this with you here in this thread as we have already done so in other threads about the two witnesses.
You should not teach that it is good to do evil.

I do agree the two witnesses ascend into heaven in a cloud.They deserve it.

You need to look very carefully.
The only word that scripture says comes out of their mouths to devour their enemies is the word "fire".

Fire coming out of the mouths is a command given to the armed forces of the north to destroy their enemies.This is common sense.

Fire commands are oral orders issued by leaders to focus and distribute fires as required achieving decisive effects against the enemy. They allow leaders to rapidly and concisely articulate their firing instructions using a standard format (Refer to TC 3-20.31-4 for more information).

The two evangelicals who support Israel do not love thier enemies,they torment them.
So you believe this is literal fire that comes out of their mouth?

God's word is a consuming fire and will devour the enemy as that is the fire that comes out of the two witnesses mouth, Jeremiah 5:14; Matthew 3:11-12; Hebrews 12:25-29, Rev 11:3-5. You are being mislead as to what is actually written in Rev 11.

You should not teach that it is good to do evil.

I do agree the two witnesses ascend into heaven in a cloud.They deserve it.

Ya, we have seen your proof video many many times and it still does not fit into Revelation Gog and Magog battle of Armageddon that was first written in Ezekiel 38 prophecy.

It's not the Lord who destroys Egypt.Its the son of perdition, man of sin who destroys it.

Isaiah 19
4 And the Egyptians will I give over into the hand of a cruel lord; and a fierce king shall rule over them, saith the Lord, the Lord of hosts.

This is speaking of the man of sin,king of the north who destroys Egypt at the time of the end.

Daniel 11
42 He shall stretch forth his hand also upon the countries: and the land of Egypt shall not escape.

The 40 years it will lay desolate is because of the radiation from the nuclear weapons used on Egypt .
I would like to know who or what website you use that is teaching you this stuff. No one is just going to take your word for anything if you do not produce the scriptures for what you say in their full context.

The book of Revelation extends from Genesis to Revelation as the whole, including the history, has to be studied in order to understand the visions that John was given by that angel sent by Christ Jesus to teach all of us.

Hello RBDERRICK.
I believe Revelation is confusing because people fail to understand that what's said is meant to show us who Christ is through our union with him.
Exaclty. Many try to interpret prophecy of old into Revelation, without even considering the doctrine of Christ and His apostles in the NT.

No prophecy of God is ever fulfilled in Revelation contrary to the doctrine and law of Christ.

Good job.

For instance, the two witnesses aren't just two people. They represent all believers who preach the truth because,
I agree, and they are also part of the first resurrectioin of the blessed at the Lord's return. Their ascension with clouds into the air is the rapture of the church.

However, they are also two specific witnesses of God, who are among many on earth. There's no need to discount the physically true in order to hear what the Spirit is saying to all the churches spiritually.

With that said, we who read and understand now are blessed by it, because we also are to do it.

Blessed is he that readeth, and they that hear the words of this prophecy, and keep those things which are written therein: for the time is at hand.

The book of Revelation of Jesus Christ is not just one of future prophecy, but is also as one of commandments to keep.

It is also written in your law, that the testimony of two men is true. I am one that bear witness of myself, and the Father that sent me beareth witness of me. Jn.8:17-18

Testifying for 3 1/2 years can easily be understood as any believer testifying of our Lord, whose earthly ministry, which is thought to have lasted 3 years.
True. And if any of us receive power of prophecy as Moses and Elijah had, then one of those two be us.

And we'll be doing so in Jerusalem when it has become thoroughly corrupt again as before the Lord first came to earth.

Also, Eze.39 seems more comparable to Rev.19 than Rev.20, unless killing unbelievers is thought of in a spiritual sense.
The middle of Rev 20, where Gog and Magog are said to be.

Gog is not mentioned anywhere in Revelation before that. Nor any armies of the north. Just coming from the east and at Armageddon.

So you believe this is literal fire that comes out of their mouth?

God's word is a consuming fire and will devour the enemy as that is the fire that comes out of the two witnesses mouth, Jeremiah 5:14; Matthew 3:11-12; Hebrews 12:25-29, Rev 11:3-5. You are being mislead as to what is actually written in Rev 11.
It is the literal word "fire" that comes out of their mouths.
Fire as in the command to the armed forces of the north who occupy Jerusalem during that time on behalf of the son of perdition

I would like to know who or what website you use that is teaching you this stuff. No one is just going to take your word for anything if you do not produce the scriptures for what you say in their full context.

The book of Revelation extends from Genesis to Revelation as the whole, including the history, has to be studied in order to understand the visions that John was given by that angel sent by Christ Jesus to teach all of us.
Just because you learn from.websites doesn't mean everyone is like you.

I started memorizing the scriptures in the 90s.

I think the key is to see that when Jesus said it would happen “soon” it happened soon and find the fulfillment in history. It’s astonishing.
Much of what the Spirit says to the churches has happened, and still happening. It's a repeated cycle over and over in each generation from one degree to another.

The problem with trying to find the actual events fulfilled, as though once for all, in history and the present day, is that claiming His coming again has happened, or is predicted certainly near.

Each generation of Christians have also done that over and over again.

In Paul's own day, some were saying the resurrection is past, which means the Lord had already returned again.

I simply accept that God feeds His people through the faithful slave, so I accept their understanding of Revelation. Of course one has to know who that slave is, and who His people are. That is not so easy to do.
Going to enlighten us? Or you don't know either?

You can believe the abomination is a banana peal tossed out of a driver's side window of a car if you want but the word of God says the abomination that causes desolation is set up by the armed forces.At least you can't change the word of God.Thank God.

Daniel 11:31
His armed forces will rise up to desecrate the temple fortress and will abolish the daily sacrifice. Then they will set up the abomination that causes desolation
Rev 16:12 And the sixth angel poured out his vial upon the great river Euphrates; and the water thereof was dried up, that the way of the kings of the east might be prepared.
Rev 16:13 And I saw three unclean spirits like frogs come out of the mouth of the dragon, and out of the mouth of the beast, and out of the mouth of the false prophet.
Rev 16:14 For they are the spirits of devils, working miracles, which go forth unto the kings of the earth and of the whole world, to gather them to the battle of that great day of God Almighty.
Rev 16:15 Behold, I come as a thief. Blessed is he that watcheth, and keepeth his garments, lest he walk naked, and they see his shame.
Rev 16:16 And he gathered them together into a place called in the Hebrew tongue Armageddon.

Armageddon, Harmageddon, Mageddon known in a few ways of different spellings, but being a city called Megiddo found in the Jezreel Valley between Nazareth and Jerusalem being a place of troops, or an assembly of troops, or a gathering of troops; or a mountain assembly of troops, or a mountain rendezvous of troops, or a mountain gathering of troops.

Rev 20:7 And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison,
Rev 20:8 And shall go out to deceive the nations which are in the four quarters of the earth, Gog and Magog, to gather them together to battle: the number of whom is as the sand of the sea.
Rev 20:9 And they went up on the breadth of the earth, and compassed the camp of the saints about, and the beloved city: and fire came down from God out of heaven, and devoured them.
Rev 20:10 And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever.

Have you ever considered the war of Gog and Magog is the same as the battle of Armageddon as we study Ezekiel 38:1-6 which actually names all who will come against Israel in the end of days being Gog, the land of Magog, the chief prince of Meshech and Tubal, Persia, Ethiopia, Libya, Gomer and all his bands; the house of Togarmah of the north quarters, and all his bands. In this battle, this Gog-Magog War, this Armageddon battle, is a different type of battle from any other ones found in scripture including the king of the north and south in Daniel 11. Within this battle the first six trumpets of God's wrath will be poured out into the world, Ezekiel 38:17-19, as we read in Rev 8:6 being the first trumpet sounding that takes us to the seventh trumpet of God's great wrath in Rev 11:15-19 and the timing of the son of perdition during the time of the seventh trumpet that promises peace and safety if all will take the mark of this beast, 2Thessalonians 4:1-12; Rev 13.

Ezekiel 38-39 calls this the battle of Gog and Magog and Rev 16:12-16 the place called Armageddon. This all happens before the return of Christ, before Satan is bound for a time, or before that of the Millennium.

The terms “king of the north” and “king of the south” were used in Daniel 11:5-35 to describe the rulers to the north and south of Palestine. The two major powers that existed to the south and north of Jerusalem after the death of Alexander the Great were Egypt to the south (with its kings referred to as Ptolemy) and Syria to the north (with its kings referred to as Seleucus or Antiochus).

The prophecy in Daniel 11:5-31 then documents the historical interactions between the king of the South and the king of the North.

Next, this prophecy seems to include the story of the Maccabees, a Jewish family that led the resistance against Antiochus and his successors because of their efforts to force the Jewish people to accept pagan Greek practices (verses 32-39).

The reference to “the time of the end” in verse 35 is thought by some to be a reference to the time just before Christ returns. We should also understand that it might simply be a reference to the close of the Maccabean time of testing. Or it may also be that this passage is dual referring to the time of the Maccabees and beyond.

Verses 35-39 seem to describe some actions by Antiochus during the time of the Maccabees, and they also serve as a forerunner of actions that will be taken by the beast power that will exist just before Jesus Christ’s return to earth. These powers are that of Satan who has worked within all four Empires being that of the Babylonian Empire, Medo/Persian Empire, Grecian Empire and Roman Empire.

Much of what the Spirit says to the churches has happened, and still happening. It's a repeated cycle over and over in each generation from one degree to another.
Except Jesus said it would never happen again. Said it had never happened before.
The problem with trying to find the actual events fulfilled, as though once for all, in history and the present day, is that claiming His coming again has happened, or is predicted certainly near.
Obe has to know that the phrase “coming on the clouds” isn’t the second coming nor physical coming at all but a Biblical phrase meaning judgement. That happened in 70AD.
Each generation of Christians have also done that over and over again.
But you can’t find that the events in Revelation happened in every generation.
In Paul's own day, some were saying the resurrection is past, which means the Lord had already returned again.
I agree. They said it but we’re wrong. Paul corrected them.

Rev 16:12 And the sixth angel poured out his vial upon the great river Euphrates; and the water thereof was dried up, that the way of the kings of the east might be prepared.
Rev 16:13 And I saw three unclean spirits like frogs come out of the mouth of the dragon, and out of the mouth of the beast, and out of the mouth of the false prophet.
Rev 16:14 For they are the spirits of devils, working miracles, which go forth unto the kings of the earth and of the whole world, to gather them to the battle of that great day of God Almighty.
Rev 16:15 Behold, I come as a thief. Blessed is he that watcheth, and keepeth his garments, lest he walk naked, and they see his shame.
Rev 16:16 And he gathered them together into a place called in the Hebrew tongue Armageddon.

Armageddon, Harmageddon, Mageddon known in a few ways of different spellings, but being a city called Megiddo found in the Jezreel Valley between Nazareth and Jerusalem being a place of troops, or an assembly of troops, or a gathering of troops; or a mountain assembly of troops, or a mountain rendezvous of troops, or a mountain gathering of troops.

Rev 20:7 And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison,
Rev 20:8 And shall go out to deceive the nations which are in the four quarters of the earth, Gog and Magog, to gather them together to battle: the number of whom is as the sand of the sea.
Rev 20:9 And they went up on the breadth of the earth, and compassed the camp of the saints about, and the beloved city: and fire came down from God out of heaven, and devoured them.
Rev 20:10 And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever.

Have you ever considered the war of Gog and Magog is the same as the battle of Armageddon as we study Ezekiel 38:1-6 which actually names all who will come against Israel in the end of days being Gog, the land of Magog, the chief prince of Meshech and Tubal, Persia, Ethiopia, Libya, Gomer and all his bands; the house of Togarmah of the north quarters, and all his bands. In this battle, this Gog-Magog War, this Armageddon battle, is a different type of battle from any other ones found in scripture including the king of the north and south in Daniel 11. Within this battle the first six trumpets of God's wrath will be poured out into the world, Ezekiel 38:17-19, as we read in Rev 8:6 being the first trumpet sounding that takes us to the seventh trumpet of God's great wrath in Rev 11:15-19 and the timing of the son of perdition during the time of the seventh trumpet that promises peace and safety if all will take the mark of this beast, 2Thessalonians 4:1-12; Rev 13.

Ezekiel 38-39 calls this the battle of Gog and Magog and Rev 16:12-16 the place called Armageddon. This all happens before the return of Christ, before Satan is bound for a time, or before that of the Millennium.

The terms “king of the north” and “king of the south” were used in Daniel 11:5-35 to describe the rulers to the north and south of Palestine. The two major powers that existed to the south and north of Jerusalem after the death of Alexander the Great were Egypt to the south (with its kings referred to as Ptolemy) and Syria to the north (with its kings referred to as Seleucus or Antiochus).

The prophecy in Daniel 11:5-31 then documents the historical interactions between the king of the South and the king of the North.

Next, this prophecy seems to include the story of the Maccabees, a Jewish family that led the resistance against Antiochus and his successors because of their efforts to force the Jewish people to accept pagan Greek practices (verses 32-39).

The reference to “the time of the end” in verse 35 is thought by some to be a reference to the time just before Christ returns. We should also understand that it might simply be a reference to the close of the Maccabean time of testing. Or it may also be that this passage is dual referring to the time of the Maccabees and beyond.

Verses 35-39 seem to describe some actions by Antiochus during the time of the Maccabees, and they also serve as a forerunner of actions that will be taken by the beast power that will exist just before Jesus Christ’s return to earth. These powers are that of Satan who has worked within all four Empires being that of the Babylonian Empire, Medo/Persian Empire, Grecian Empire and Roman Empire.
No, the war of Armageddon takes place at the time of Christ's coming before the millinial reign.
It is a war of Israel and it's close neighbors and the US.
The US nukes about all of the middle east at the time of the Israeli governments defeat.

The Gog Magog war takes place 1000 years after Armageddon.

You seem to think desolation is caused by carnal weapons.
Nope, nothing mentioned in scripture about nuclear wars. It is only God in the end of days that will destroy and make new all things again, 2 Peter 3:1-13; Rev 19, 21 . Man can not destroy the whole earth even if nuclear war was to break out.

Nope, nothing mentioned in scripture about nuclear wars. It is only God in the end of days that will destroy and make new all things again, 2 Peter 3:1-13; Rev 19, 21 . Man can not destroy the whole earth even if nuclear war was to break out.
Yes the nuclear explosion is described by John in revelation.The device is called the abomination that causes desolation.

It makes cities desolate like it did Hiroshima.

Only it's not Hiroshima this time.Its the entire middle east.

It's not the Lord who destroys Egypt.Its the son of perdition, man of sin who destroys it.

Isaiah 19
4 And the Egyptians will I give over into the hand of a cruel lord; and a fierce king shall rule over them, saith the Lord, the Lord of hosts.

This is speaking of the man of sin,king of the north who destroys Egypt at the time of the end.

Daniel 11
42 He shall stretch forth his hand also upon the countries: and the land of Egypt shall not escape.

The 40 years it will lay desolate is because of the radiation from the nuclear weapons used on Egypt .
That man of sin sits in Jerusalem, which will be spiritually Sodom and Egypt, not Egypt itself.

Once again, you're trying to push old pieces of prophecy into Revelation, where no such thing is said in Revelation first.

Revelation is the full picture of all prophecy of Christ, supplied as the touchstone for where all old prophecy belongs in the puzzle.

Shaping our own final picture from our own personal interpretations, is what makes Revelation look like a Picasso-style painting of confusion.

Back