Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

The Simple Key to Interpreting Revelation

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Jesus said they would flee to the mountains in the gospel.That is when the abomination that causes Jerusalem's desolation is placed..On the day of the Lord.

Mathew 24
16 Then let them which be in Judaea flee into the mountains:

The mountains is where the caves are.
On the day of the Lord,they will flee to the mountains to hide in caves.

Revelation 6
15 And the kings of the earth, and the great men, and the rich men, and the chief captains, and the mighty men, and every bondman, and every free man, hid themselves in the dens and in the rocks of the mountains;

Those who belong to Christ ,who didn't worship the beast or it's image or recieve it's mark won't be fleeing that day.That day they are redeemed.
Rev 6:9-17

The heaven departs as mentioned in Isaiah 34:4 as a scroll that is rolled together. After the wars in the fourth seal the atmosphere is also clouded with smoke that folds in between itself. If you have ever watched a storm roll in you see this affect of the clouds rolling into each other as it darkens the sky and blocks out the sun. Every mountain and island is moved out of their places by the great earthquakes this Global war has caused

These Pharisee type false prophets try to hide themselves in the dens and the rocks of the mountains and ask the mountains and rocks to surround them and hide them from the wrath of God that is now at hand. These are those who have perverted their ways and have forgotten God their Lord. They hope by hiding their shame God will pass them by and they will be spared, but their shame will devour them unless they truly repent and turn back to God as now Gods final wrath has come. The only ones who will be able to stand at this time are those who have endured unto the end and have Gods seal on them as they have been Spiritually born again, John 3:5-7; Romans 10:9, 10; 2 Corinthians 1:21, 22.

Of course those who are Christ own will be redeemed as then our salvation has come as we are then taken up to Jesus on the last day, John 5:28-29, when He returns for at that time Jesus destroys the beast and it's false prophet casting them alive into the lake of fire and all who followed after the beast. Scripture warns us to flee from this beast being the son of perdition and not to take it's mark. This is taught in Rev 12 as the woman is Israel and we being graphed into her branches.

Well wherever it was, I believe Zech.14:5 is better rendered,

The valley between the hills will be filled in, yes, it will be blocked as far as Jasol, it will be filled in as it was by the earthquake in the days of Uzziah king of Judah,
New Jerusalem Bible.

Azel was term used for nobility, denoting height. Besides this,

it shall be in that day, that living waters shall go out from Jerusalem Zech.14:8

This is a clear reference to the Holy Spirit being given, which past and current.
Sorry, these are modern pics just showing the area.

Mt of Olives.jpg

Last edited:
Except Jesus said it would never happen again. Said it had never happened before.
True. Such as the greatest tribulation ever on earth.

Obe has to know that the phrase “coming on the clouds” isn’t the second coming nor physical coming at all but a Biblical phrase meaning judgement. That happened in 70AD.
This is more symbolizing. And Scripture does not support it.

Jerusalem was sacked and the temple destroyed. The Lord has not come to earth with clouds with His angels.

We know this, because it includes ten thousands of His resurrected saints.

And Enoch also, the seventh from Adam, prophesied of these, saying, Behold, the Lord cometh with ten thousands of his saints. (Jude)

This is why all Scripture must be considered to interpret prophecy of Scripture. I know some teach the Lord's return and reigning over all the earth is already come to pass at Pentecost Acts 2. But His second coming with clouds is with His resurrected saints, not just spiritually ministering with angels.

He also will be seen by every eye on earth. Such things cannot be simply symbolized away.

Do you believe the Lord will judge and reign for a thousand year's on earth?

But you can’t find that the events in Revelation happened in every generation.
Not the events themselves, which will be the last ones on earth at His return. But the cycle of good ministry turning bad happens over and over again.

No Christian wakes up one morning wanting to become a false apostle and antichrist.

Many antichrists have already come out from the doctrine of the apostles, so that some preaching the gospel have become enemies of the cross by a false gospel of their own making.

That's the nature of cults, such as JW's, Mormon's, Adventists, etc...They are basically separatists dividing the body of Christ by false doctrine of Scripture.

I agree. They said it but we’re wrong. Paul corrected them.
True. However, there is a problem though with teaching the Lord's coming with clouds is symbology only. Since Scripture also includes His saints being with Him at that time. And so the symbolic teaching becomes a roundabout way of saying their resurrection is past.

That's not a prophecy not tens of thousands of people becoming saved as saints during this age. That prophecy is of the Lord's coming with resurrected saints, that have risen into the air to meet Him.

Well wherever it was, I believe Zech.14:5 is better rendered,

The valley between the hills will be filled in, yes, it will be blocked as far as Jasol, it will be filled in as it was by the earthquake in the days of Uzziah king of Judah,
New Jerusalem Bible.

Azel was term used for nobility, denoting height. Besides this,

it shall be in that day, that living waters shall go out from Jerusalem Zech.14:8

This is a clear reference to the Holy Spirit being given, which past and current.
I can agree with this, but only if you mean living waters as being the word of God.

There are around 1526 instances of living water in the Bible. Here are some verses on living water being the word of God. John 4:4-26; 7:37-39; 12:44-50; Ephesians 5:26; 1 John 5:5-8; Jeremiah 17:13; Zechariah 14:8, 9; Rev 21:6-8; Ezekiel 47:22

The man of sin sits in Jerusalem with two witnesses that work for him.
With all power and lying wonders.

No wonder Babylon commits so many sins during their stay.When you get Jesus witnesses helping .
The doctrine is false. God does not call false teachers His witnesses.

It’s the local JW leader.
Antichrist yes. Last great one before the Lord's return? Perhaps.

I wouldn't doubt every heresy ever preached in the name of Christ, will be included in the last great false gospel ever preached on earth.

Lots of harlots have contributed to it.

I'm not sure what you think the maps you provided are supposed to prove.
Sorry I got the names mixed up as that was not actually directed to you, but to Shilohsfoal , my bad.

Anyway just wanted to show that of the Mt of Olives and Azal as you described it with the scriptures. It's all good :)

I can agree with this, but only if you mean living waters as being the word of God.

There are around 1526 instances of living water in the Bible. Here are some verses on living water being the word of God. John 4:4-26; 7:37-39; 12:44-50; Ephesians 5:26; 1 John 5:5-8; Jeremiah 17:13; Zechariah 14:8, 9; Rev 21:6-8; Ezekiel 47:22
Of course the word of God is from his Spirit. His person also indwells us, as in Jn.7:39.

Sorry I got the names mixed up as that was not actually directed to you, but to Shilohsfoal , my bad.

Anyway just wanted to show that of the Mt of Olives and Azal as you described it with the scriptures. It's all good :)
Ok. I see things and places and in prophecy describing people and states we're in. Like David,

He brought me up also out of an horrible pit Psa.40:2

We know he doesn't mean he fell into a big hole in the ground and couldn't get out without a rope or ladder. But then when we read how Satan is cast into the "bottomless pit", we imagine a big hole in the ground.

I believe the 1st resurrection is when a person is made alive by being born again.

The simple key to interpreting falsely is believing what is written, not what is imagined about it.

Spiritual renewal raises us from the death of sinning.

But only dead bodies in Scripture are resurrected from the dust of the earth.

Applying resurrection to being born again is inaccurate. Using it to apply to prophecy of the resurrection makes it false.

The resurrection of the saints is not passed. Paul already rebuked that in his day.

There is no such thing as a spirit-only resurrection nor 'millennium' of Christ.

The Lord is not now ruling all nations with a rod of iron, nor is any saint ruling with Him.

At this time, we rule nothing of our own lives with Jesus, much less over nations with Him.

For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: and whosoever will lose his life for my sake shall find it.

At this time, we ought only be holding to the Head, that He may have all rule over our lives.

Only after our bodily resurrection, will we be given power to rule with Him over the earth.

I believe 1Thes.4 describes the 2nd resurrection, bodily from the grave.
True. It's part of the first resurrection, where the saints have part in the resurrection of the dead.

The first resurrection of any man on earth, was Jesus alone.

Rev 20 is where the saints are all resurrected in the likeness of Jesus' resurrection to meet Him in the air.

The likeness of Jesus' resurrection is of the dead body.

He tells us the testimony if Jesus is the spirit of prophecy (Rev.19:10), so presching the gospel is prophecy.
Exactly true. Prophecy if Scripture is ministry of Scripture, and all preaching of the gospel begins with the testimony of Jesus Christ as both Lord and God.

I would say any preaching that does not name Jesus, has been preaching of another gospel.

I wouldn't continue to hear any preacher that does not so much as name Jesus in all his preaching. He can say God, the Almighty, the Father, the Holy One of Israel, etc... But only at the name of Jesus does every knee bow and mouth confess He is Lord.

I believe Rev.19 & 20 is the same battle.
One before His Millennium and one after. But since you seem to think His Millennium is only spiritual and already here, then the plain chronology of words of Revelation are made meaningless.

To me, theologians have gone off track when thinking about how our Lord and his people defeat the beast and his armies.
At Armageddon in Rev 19, yes.

Goinig off track is symbolizing and spiritualizing God plain words and their meanings into some else.

God is a real person, especially now the man Christ Jesus. he knows how to speak plainly and symbolically. And He knows the difference.

cast alive into a lake of fire burning with brimstone......slain with the sword of him .....which sword proceeded out of his mouth: Rev.19:20-21
True. The armies gathered for war in the beasts name are slain with the sword of the Lord without mercy. First the beast and false prophet are cast alive into the LOF.

Much like Korah and his company were cast alive into hell.

Jesus has already defeated the Roman beast and false religion Psa.2:1-7
Act.4:25-27
Once again, synjmbolic comings, kingdoms, and victories are meaningless to living on earth. Especially prophecy of God's words.

I would never teach anyone to begin discounting the literal truth of God's words, and make them symbolic only, unless God Himself says they are a mystery and wonder.

I certainly wouldn't teach a child to do so. It's why man rank the Bible as just another book of fables.

Rome is not the Babylon great city whore. Jerusalem will be that great city and whore. Just as she was before the Lord's first coming to earth.

Jerusalem is the only city with seven hills where God put His name, and then played the whore.

Rome was never a city of God on earth, but pagan from the beginning.

That they are cast into the lake of fire is simply their end for not having the word of God burn the impurity from them now.
True. Simply being cast into the LOF is indeed an end to life on earth.

Hell is torment, and the LOF it is cast into is everlasting.

People want to know when. i believe Jesus focused on why and how.
True. When is entirely up the Father, who will send Him to earth again.

We can know the signs, but not the day nor hour. And the signs don't even guarantee which month nor year.

Just because you learn from.websites doesn't mean everyone is like you.

I started memorizing the scriptures in the 90s.
I only learn from some teachers on certain websites that are truly anointed by the Holy Spirit to teach others. Not to many websites in what they teach actually lines up with scripture as they make scripture line up with what they teach. All of my studying for the last 50 years as I am now 68 comes straight from scripture and learning how to hear the Holy Spirit teach me either directly or by those he sends me as I have learned how to Spiritually discern what I am being taught. I never ask anyone to believe me, but only give my understanding of scripture by using the full context, not just one vs. or two. I don't know everything as no one can exhaust the teachings that are contained in scripture and I have been corrected many times by those who have more Spiritual knowledge than I have and for that I thank the Holy Spirit for the corrections I receive.

So what does memorizing scripture have to do with actually understanding that which has already been written. Even Satan can quote scripture, probably better then any of us, but yet it is Satan that works through some of these websites (false teachers) to deceive others in believing his lies, especially when what is being taught does not line up with scripture.

You are the only one I ever heard that says the two witnesses are evil and kills those who are Christ own. That is the website I would like to read if you can provide it for us.

Armageddon is not every nation on earth.

Armageddon is in Israel .Why is it you can not understand that?The entire world is not destroyed.
The US is only going to destroy the countries that have attacked the IS and israel.
The US is not going to attack and destroy the entire world.

Daniel 11
40 And at the time of the end shall the king of the south push at him: and the king of the north shall come against him like a whirlwind, with chariots, and with horsemen, and with many ships; and he shall enter into the countries, and shall overflow and pass over.

41 He shall enter also into the glorious land, and many countries shall be overthrown: but these shall escape out of his hand, even Edom, and Moab, and the chief of the children of Ammon.

42 He shall stretch forth his hand also upon the countries: and the land of Egypt shall not escape.

43 But he shall have power over the treasures of gold and of silver, and over all the precious things of Egypt: and the Libyans and the Ethiopians shall be at his steps.

44 But tidings out of the east and out of the north shall trouble him: therefore he shall go forth with great fury to destroy, and utterly to make away many.

This isn't describing a US war against Russia or China.This is describing a war against the middle east and Egypt.Not the entire world as you have claimed.
You believe how you want in your understanding and I will believe how I understand the scriptures.

BTW, still waiting for the website or sites you use as I really want to read them.

Shilohsfoal seems to refuse to give us the website or the name of the person who teaches the two witnesses are evil and kills those who are Christ own. This is defiantly a preaching from another gospel. Never in my 68 years have I ever heard anyone teach this.

In all reality every book in the Bible interprets itself within the full context of scripture as cross referencing the OT with the NT, especially all the prophecies that will be fulfilled in Christ like that of the Temple as we are now the Temple of God with the indwelling of the Holy Spirit.

If you have ever read my book on Revelation called The Unveiling found in the sub forum Revelation you will see I use both the OT and NT and a lot of history in order to understand that which has already been written in Revelation in the visions that John received by the angel Jesus sent to him while he was imprisoned on the isle of Patmos for preaching the word of God.

The simple key to interpreting falsely is believing what is written, not what is imagined about it.

Spiritual renewal raises us from the death of sinning.

But only dead bodies in Scripture are resurrected from the dust of the earth.

Applying resurrection to being born again is inaccurate. Using it to apply to prophecy of the resurrection makes it false.
Being born again agrees with being made alive, as opposed to still being dead. Too much scripture to post.
The resurrection of the saints is not passed. Paul already rebuked that in his day.
I understand our mortal bodies being transformed hasn't happened yet.
There is no such thing as a spirit-only resurrection nor 'millennium' of Christ.

The Lord is not now ruling all nations with a rod of iron, nor is any saint ruling with Him.
Only people who don't like the way God is ruling (and has always ruled) feel that way. Some people think things are so bad God doesn't even exist.
At this time, we rule nothing of our own lives with Jesus, much less over nations with Him.

For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: and whosoever will lose his life for my sake shall find it.

At this time, we ought only be holding to the Head, that He may have all rule over our lives.

Only after our bodily resurrection, will we be given power to rule with Him over the earth.
When our King returns he says,

those mine enemies, which would not that I should reign over them, bring hither, and slay them before me. Lk.19:27

Also when the bodily resurrection occurs, the last enemy death is deatroyed, so it's very important to recognize just Who is in charge now.
The likeness of Jesus' resurrection is of the dead body.
The likeness of Jesus is also seen now in people who follow him. If Christ isn't seen in us now, we can forget about looking like him later.
I would say any preaching that does not name Jesus, has been preaching of another gospel.

I wouldn't continue to hear any preacher that does not so much as name Jesus in all his preaching. He can say God, the Almighty, the Father, the Holy One of Israel, etc... But only at the name of Jesus does every knee bow and mouth confess He is Lord.
Well, to many who preached in his name he'll deny knowing them, so be careful.
One before His Millennium and one after. But since you seem to think His Millennium is only spiritual and already here, then the plain chronology of words of Revelation are made meaningless.

At Armageddon in Rev 19, yes.

Goinig off track is symbolizing and spiritualizing God plain words and their meanings into some else.

God is a real person, especially now the man Christ Jesus. he knows how to speak plainly and symbolically. And He knows the difference.

True. The armies gathered for war in the beasts name are slain with the sword of the Lord without mercy. First the beast and false prophet are cast alive into the LOF.

Much like Korah and his company were cast alive into hell.

Once again, synjmbolic comings, kingdoms, and victories are meaningless to living on earth. Especially prophecy of God's words.

I would never teach anyone to begin discounting the literal truth of God's words, and make them symbolic only, unless God Himself says they are a mystery and wonder.

I certainly wouldn't teach a child to do so. It's why man rank the Bible as just another book of fables.

Rome is not the Babylon great city whore. Jerusalem will be that great city and whore. Just as she was before the Lord's first coming to earth.
You seem to think Jesus isn't ruling his creation because he's merciful, or that we as Ambassadors for the King over all aren't ruling because he instructed us to rule in love over our enemies. I think people who believe in Jesus better understand the Jesus spoken of in the Bible.
Jerusalem is the only city with seven hills where God put His name, and then played the whore.
He defeated the whore who thought she killed him.
Rome was never a city of God on earth, but pagan from the beginning.
He defeated this beast who thought he killed him.
True. Simply being cast into the LOF is indeed an end to life on earth.
Hell is torment, and the LOF it is cast into is everlasting.
Actually, the Bible shows many places where God himself is a consuming fire,

the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming: 2Thes.2:8

Here, the beast is destroyed by Jesus' presence.
True. When is entirely up the Father, who will send Him to earth again.

We can know the signs, but not the day nor hour. And the signs don't even guarantee which month nor year.
He said the harvest is ready now.

Who has control in the end of days, God or man? Who destroys this heaven and earth in the end of days, God or man?

I already showed this to you in scripture that this will be a global event, not an isolated event, but you insist some king of the North is going to destroy the middle east and north Africa, but yet you only use one scripture in Daniel to try and prove your theory. Does this so called king of the north have a name as all kings in the Bible have their names listed.

We are delivered when Christ returns on the last day as we who are Christ own will be caught up to meet Him in the air, Rev 19:11-21; 1Corinthians 15:50-58, 1Thessalonians 4:13-18.
Paul called the king of the north ,the son of perdition and thean of sin.
He is the most powerful man in the world and has the most powerful military in the world.His military consists of the two evangelicals that you claim got their power from God.
The king of the north millitary will occupy Jerusalem for 42 months.1260 days after which the king of the south attacks him..He responds by having his armed for es place the abomination that causes desolation and he innihilates many.

Jesus taught that those who call him Lord will smite their fellow servants and will get drunk with the drunken at the time of the end.

Those two witnesses spend their time with a drunk prostitute who persecutes the saints.
It's a good thing the woman who brought forth the man child flees into the wilderness for 1260 days while those two servants of Jesus torment people or they would torment her as well.

Paul called the king of the north ,the son of perdition and thean of sin.
He is the most powerful man in the world and has the most powerful military in the world.His military consists of the two evangelicals that you claim got their power from God.
The king of the north millitary will occupy Jerusalem for 42 months.1260 days after which the king of the south attacks him..He responds by having his armed for es place the abomination that causes desolation and he innihilates many.
Once again only hear say without proof as where does Paul say anything about the king of the north in 2Thessalonians 2:1-12. You evade showing the sources you study from as in who teaches you these things. Yes, I know you give Daniel 11, but again taking it out of context with carnal understandings. In all reality you are mixing parts of scriptures to support what you say, but nothing lines up with Rev 11 in who the two witnesses are as being sent by God.

You believe how you want in your understanding and I will believe how I understand the scriptures.

BTW, still waiting for the website or sites you use as I really want to read them.
I've already told you.
The only thing I really do is read different translations.I compare about 20 translations and I sometimes use a strong's concordance.

Back