Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

There is an alternative to trinitarianism/ non-trinitarianism.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
I don't know you, so hesitate to answer.
How long have you been a non-sinner ?
I talk from under the Armor, to make it easier for the Newer Members of the Body to understand. But, if you're asking If I'm wearing my "Wedding Garment"... the answer is .... Y-E-S :biggrin

All,

The topic of this thread is Trinitarianism, not the heresy of sinless perfection. There are other threads for that discussion.

I couldn't understand that...can you rephrase it for me ?
You brought up Crucifixion of our flesh... so I said... But... The Law.. to which I was hoping to get back Galatians 4:30 But what does Scripture say? “Get rid of the slave woman and her son, for the slave woman’s son will never share in the inheritance with the free woman’s son.” 31 Therefore, brothers and sisters, we are not children of the slave woman, but of the free woman.

I talk from under the Armor, to make it easier for the Newer Members of the Body to understand. But, if you're asking If I'm wearing my "Wedding Garment"... the answer is .... Y-E-S :biggrin
I didn't ask you a Yes-No question.
I asked how long you have been a non-sinner...so I can answer your question concerning "being dead and buried" like you.

All,

The topic of this thread is Trinitarianism, not the heresy of sinless perfection. There are other threads for that discussion.
It's always interesting how when Jesus isn't seen as God, that other mentioned doctrine creeps up. By odd, I mean, it always follows.

You brought up Crucifixion of our flesh... so I said... But... The Law.. to which I was hoping to get back Galatians 4:30 But what does Scripture say? “Get rid of the slave woman and her son, for the slave woman’s son will never share in the inheritance with the free woman’s son.” 31 Therefore, brothers and sisters, we are not children of the slave woman, but of the free woman.
We are not connecting.

You're using what is called an argument from silence. Your premise is that Jesus is not created because your belief or feeling is that the Bible doesn't say Jesus was created in the way you want it to say it, even though Revelation 3:14 does says Jesus is created. In this way, you keep the goal posts moving.
I'm not trying convince you of anything , you believe what you want.
I am just curious how you reconcile in your mind the fact that God's creation of everything in the universe is accounted for in scripture , except for the single solitary creation of His Masterpiece Jesus ?
You still have answered ?
I'm not interested in arguing, I'm just curious as to how a person reconciles the fact that Jesus is both the greatest creation of God and the only creation God was silent about ?
I can't do it .
I just want to know how you account for God's total silence on the creation of Jesus .
Curious to me that by your alleging that I am trying to argue you out of something you have ruled out the possibility of convincing me of something?
Why don't you approach the question from the standpoint that you might be convincing me of something.
We'll never know unless you just tell me how it makes sense to you that the creation of Jesus is the only creation God has never detailed
I think you do not believe it makes any sense yourself and that is why you are so afraid to answer the question straight up .

You're using what is called an argument from silence. Your premise is that Jesus is not created because your belief or feeling is that the Bible doesn't say Jesus was created in the way you want it to say it, even though Revelation 3:14 does says Jesus is created. In this way, you keep the goal posts moving. However, the Bible says God created humans and Jesus is a human. We also know that God made all matter and that humans are made out of matter. The same material stars and planets are made out of can be found in humans, various elements and compounds. Jesus was made out of matter, his body fallible and subject to change. Do you contest any of this? If so, I both dare you and challenge you to show otherwise. Good luck, you'll need it.

I will even take it a step further. Not only was Jesus' body created by God, but he was given a distinctly unique human spirit as well. In Luke 23:46, Jesus said “Father, I entrust my spirit into your hands!” Where does the spirit come from? According to Ecclesiastes 12:7, the spirit of all people comes from God in the first place. Jesus also has a soul that Isaiah said was made a guilt offering for sin in Isaiah 53:10.
Rev. 3:14 doesn't says Jesus was created
14 “And to the angel of the church in Laodicea write:
“This is what the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the originator[d] of God’s creation, says:

Rev. 3:14 doesn't says Jesus was created
14 “And to the angel of the church in Laodicea write:
“This is what the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the originator[d] of God’s creation, says:
Alright... Dmytro.... I'll just risk it for the Biscuit.

Do you agree that we (humans) are "Tri-Cot" IE... Body, Soul and Spirit

1 Thessalonians 5:23 says, "May your whole spirit, soul and body be preserved blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ"

The Father is the only true God. Jesus and the Holy Spirit are divine beings separate from him. Are you familiar with such views?

I appreciate this. Let it be peace for a while.
Would you pretty please look at my post 314. It is very important. I think this may interest you.

Alright... Dmytro.... I'll just risk it for the Biscuit.

Do you agree that we (humans) are "Tri-Cot" IE... Body, Soul and Spirit

1 Thessalonians 5:23 says, "May your whole spirit, soul and body be preserved blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ"
Definitely. This is exactly what Genesis 2:7 being translated correctly teaches:

7 when[l] Yahweh God formed the man[m] of dust from the ground, and he blew into his nostrils the breath of life, and the man became a living creature.

here 'man of dust' stands for body
'breath of life' for spirit
'living creature' for soul

Definitely. This is exactly what Genesis 2:7 being translated correctly teaches:

7 when[l] Yahweh God formed the man[m] of dust from the ground, and he blew into his nostrils the breath of life, and the man became a living creature.

here 'man of dust' stands for body
'breath of life' for spirit
'living creature' for soul
Are you ready for it? WHO's "Image" are we made in?

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back